As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Cosplay Photos

• chicazulchicazul Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Awesome, somebody got a pic of me in my Gabe costume! I haven't even looked at my pictures yet, who knows how many even turned out.

chicazul on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That spy was on my tf2 team

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • magusonlinemagusonline Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Did anyone get a picture of the Red Scout??? :( I didn't have my friend's camera on me to get that one I was very saddened.

magusonline on
  • Saturday Matinee BrianSaturday Matinee Brian Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Altima NEO wrote: »
    I was so dissapointed that I forgot my memory card!

I missed out on so many photos, had to use my cellphone. So at least I have something to show I was there, haha, but not nearly as clear as they would have been with my camera.

The Devil May Cry cosplayers were great!

Anyone catch that one girl Saturday that was wearing a plaid skirt and striped black and white stockings?
    That was me and my Girlfriend.
    We really didn't think we were gonna be that popular, we couldn't last 10 minutes without 20 people wanting pics :P

Saturday Matinee Brian on
  • KamikazeCommunistKamikazeCommunist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Here's a few from over the days:

snakebossrr8.jpg

umbrellaxv5.jpg

childcf0.jpg

KamikazeCommunist on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Altima NEO wrote: »
    I was so dissapointed that I forgot my memory card!

I missed out on so many photos, had to use my cellphone. So at least I have something to show I was there, haha, but not nearly as clear as they would have been with my camera.

The Devil May Cry cosplayers were great!

Anyone catch that one girl Saturday that was wearing a plaid skirt and striped black and white stockings?
    That was me and my Girlfriend.
    We really didn't think we were gonna be that popular, we couldn't last 10 minutes without 20 people wanting pics :P
    yeah, dude, your costumes were great, but some of the people taking pics were for the scavenger hunt, because there was a task that required us to get a pic of someone with a really big prop.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ShalamarShalamar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Heh... I'm actually surprised to see no pictures of myself in my costume.. Too mundane, I suppose. :D

Shalamar on
  • AlexTehArteestAlexTehArteest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    lol Kamikaze, that kid with the sign was pissing off one of the enforcers so bad. My friends and I were waiting in line for the PC freeplay and were about to give our names to the guy at the computer when he sees that kid walking on with the sign. The guy stops him and hes like:

Guy: Hey, where'd you get that sign?
    Kid: It's cool huh? *flips it over to show the other side that reads 'Why lie, I need a beer'*
    Guy: Where'd you get that?
    Kid: This enforcer gave it to me
    Guy: Where was he?
    Kid: Right here, last night.
    Guy: Well that guy's a jerk, get rid of that.
    KId: ....why?
    Guy: Because people arent going to think its very funny for a kid to be walking around with that sign. It can get us in trouble. Get rid of it or I'm taking it away.
    Kid: *slowly puts sign into his bag* why do i have to get rid of it?
    Guy: Ok, whatever. Get out of here.

I was just like... wow...

AlexTehArteest on
  • QUentin S {PAX}QUentin S {PAX} Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    hey this is The link in Zany's pic's I was a little depressed becuase PAX was going by really fast and becuase I didnt have breakfast :shock:

QUentin S {PAX} on
  • QUentin S {PAX}QUentin S {PAX} Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    I was depressed and yes this is
    The link in Zany's pic's I did not have breakfast :(

QUentin S {PAX} on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    lol Kamikaze, that kid with the sign was pissing off one of the enforcers so bad. My friends and I were waiting in line for the PC freeplay and were about to give our names to the guy at the computer when he sees that kid walking on with the sign. The guy stops him and hes like:

Guy: Hey, where'd you get that sign?
    Kid: It's cool huh? *flips it over to show the other side that reads 'Why lie, I need a beer'*
    Guy: Where'd you get that?
    Kid: This enforcer gave it to me
    Guy: Where was he?
    Kid: Right here, last night.
    Guy: Well that guy's a jerk, get rid of that.
    KId: ....why?
    Guy: Because people arent going to think its very funny for a kid to be walking around with that sign. It can get us in trouble. Get rid of it or I'm taking it away.
    Kid: *slowly puts sign into his bag* why do i have to get rid of it?
    Guy: Ok, whatever. Get out of here.

I was just like... wow...
    what a tool, i thought it was hilarious! why do people always think that something that really doesn't affect them is going to get them in trouble, then they get all authoritarian.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Because tasteless "jokes" like that are the types of things that the media latch on to as proof that video games degrade our culture. :P

Houn on
    edited September 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    Because tasteless "jokes" like that are the types of things that the media latch on to as proof that video games degrade our culture. :P
    there wasn't much media there that would attack us.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • AlexTehArteestAlexTehArteest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Houn wrote: »

agreed. the kid had to be like 12 years old, and without a guardian. it doesnt take a large amount of people with cameras to snap a photo of that boy and turn it into a big deal, and give us PAX goers a bad name. and its not like the kid made it himself either. someone gave it to him and told him to show it off.

AlexTehArteest on
  • Painkilla9098Painkilla9098 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My profile pic is snake, me, and the boss

Painkilla9098 on
  • ZanyZany Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was depressed and yes this is
    The link in Zany's pic's I did not have breakfast :(

Oh noo! D:

After the picture I was thinking "Aw, he looks sad!"

My breakfast was just cereal and yogurt. I really should have had more though. It lasted me the morning, but by afternoon I was basicly dying. I mean, I had my bacon, buuuutt.... Okay, so I took a few bites.

But I still thought your costume was good! It was very adorable! :D

Zany on
  • adio92adio92 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    http://flickr.com/photos/adio9293/sets/72157606970174880/

I present my collection of various cosplays and other cool stuff. Check back later today for even more.

3 notable cosplays that stood out in my mind.
    Harley Quinn from Batman - Overall great costume and cool button =)
    Hunk from Resident Evil - Simply Fantastic looked exactly like it.
    Spy and Scout from TF2 - Very well done and great poses.

adio92 on
    xXAdio92Xx.png
  • chickentinolachickentinola Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Yeah that was such an awesome time.. Walking around in a Red Master Chief armor was krazy hot.. Anyway, here are some of the pictures I have... I'll be uploading them throughout the day or so.. Here's the first. My wifey as Cortana.. The people at Bungie were amazed on how detailed she was!! It sure made her day coming from a huge Halo fan.. They asked her a few tips and how one person would make a suit liker hers.. At the end of Day 2, alot of the Bungie employees came and took pictures with us.. Such an amazing time.. Can't wait for next year, we have something already planned! :)

2819728122_ae7aa28291_o.jpg

2820058981_0c3ba3b85f_o.jpg

2820059687_88f7117d39_o.jpg

More Here

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3122/2820900350_49d47f1b37_o.jpg

chickentinola on
  • mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    000_0023.jpg

I FIST POUNDED NAKED SNAKE.

mrsnackroad on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Anyone get a picture of me in my suit with tophat? I was unable to get one. I was wandering around on Friday. I was supposed to be Twisp.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    anyone get a pic of me(Lili)? and Raz? from psychonauts? ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/8bitjoystick/2815269764/ ) <--- picture link......(my wig EXPLODED on me!! by the end of the day I looked like a crazy person!!! XDD hahahaha)

oyasumidesu on
  • RakshasaRakshasa Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Anyone have a pic of the 4 guys dressed in Vault jumpsuits? There were 3 as a group and another guy on his own, iirc.

Rakshasa on
  • GeneralsGenerals Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Geez were some of you guys in Vancouver the week before? I thought I saw the same TF2 folks there.

Generals on
    jsn: and there was some dude(note that: DUDE) dressed up as Mai from KOF
    Jeff: I see
    jsn: and I was like "I wonder how he goes to the washroom, does he just like...brush his loincloth to the side or what?"
    jsn: friend was like "DUDE he's BEHIND YOU"
    edited September 2008
    anyone get a pic of me(Lili)? and Raz? from psychonauts? ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/8bitjoystick/2815269764/ ) <--- picture link......(my wig EXPLODED on me!! by the end of the day I looked like a crazy person!!! XDD hahahaha)

your costume rocked! one of my fav's.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • PerzephonePerzephone Gamer, Cosplayer & Geek :3 SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Did anyone happen to get any photos of me in my Judy Nails from GH2 Cosplay? I know I posed for alot of pics and wonder if anyone took any of me in here :) I also did some pic with Starslayer at the GH4 world tour booth. :) Thanks guys :D

Perzephone on
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Since my thread is buried, I'll just re-add my link to my pics here. Again, sorry, no page with thumbnails or editing. I'll get around to editing them sometime.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • terrixterrix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All my pics, I made a point of trying to get lots of cosplayers, even the booth costumes.

http://picasaweb.google.com/yomommasteve/PAX2008

I also saw this guy cosplaying as Jonathan Coulton at Pike's Square:
    101_1393.JPG

terrix on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Incoming!

Pleinair
    IMG_3687.jpg

Yuffie Kisaragi (I didn't get the second day when she brought a shuriken Keyblade
    IMG_3681.jpg

Joker(s)
    IMG_3682.jpg

Akihiko Sanada, P3 Main, Junpei Iori
    IMG_3710.jpg

Apollo Justice/Godot/Franziska/etc.
    IMG_3683.jpg

Ike & Captain Falcon
    IMG_3684.jpg

Black Mage
    IMG_3709.jpg

Another of that (awesome) Harley Quinn
    IMG_3711.jpg

Dante & Virgil
    IMG_3712.jpg

Snake & Boss
    IMG_3718.jpg

Summoner Yuna
    IMG_3714.jpg

And last and never least, Elizabeth:
    IMG_3727.jpg

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    2819348787_8d78fbd0d1.jpg
    2819366967_12ef8d3f0b.jpg
    2819375659_03514796cf.jpg
    (Wow, my tie is really poorly done there.)
    2820219974_e0a542856a.jpg
    2820220038_63c0a0cf6b.jpg
    2819391749_1e8af53087.jpg
    2820230948_35b0fcf694.jpg
    2820231328_343f5b55ce.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26781381@N02/sets/72157607063344578/

Schrodinger on
  • RaiphinRaiphin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Eek, first post.

I was the Anne-Claire (often mistaken for Princess Peach) who was carrying around Fuschia (the small pink Fruit-fucker) on Friday only.....does anyone have pics?

thanks!
    ~R

Raiphin on
  • ShalamarShalamar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    [
    2820230948_35b0fcf694.jpg

I loved that! Well, I did the moment when I realized what you were doing. 9Hard to see in the mask..)

Shalamar on
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mrwombat wrote: »
    CIMG0328.jpg

I was so sad the Bad Horse guys didn't get me.

you left before we could...we SOOO were going to as well...and you were literally 5 feet from us at one point in time

JonnyNero on
  • ruzzmastaruzzmasta Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i thought the costume was pretty cool

ruzzmasta on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shalamar wrote: »
    I loved that! Well, I did the moment when I realized what you were doing. 9Hard to see in the mask..)

Oh, dude, that was you? Ha!

I also remember the N-Gage girls trying to lure you away right before we took that shot. (FTR, the N-Gage display was incredibly poorly designed. Who's idea was it to place the monitors 3 feet above the keyboards?). So I had to be quick.

Sidenote on the Kill Bill girl: Later that day, she was dressed in a really skimpy blue outfit (no picture, sorry), surrounded by a group of guys.

Me: "Oh, hey, you were the Kill Bill girl from earlier."
    Some guy: "Wait -- that was you?"
    Me: "She has... a face."

Schrodinger on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ruzzmasta wrote: »
    i thought the costume was pretty cool

True. We kept saying, "Damn, we need to hit a Dr. Horrible" and the only two I saw were you and some Asian guy.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • AragornAragorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah here you go. I've been still recovering and going thru forums and such before I started emailing my pic peeps list. Here's all my pictures, including you two, but sized down by photobucket for 17" screens. My originals are 1600x1200.
    http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/TheShadowsil/PAX%202008/
    IMG_0601.jpg

Aragorn on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Was anyone else given requests from the Elizabeth?

And did anyone manage to actually solve them and see what her 'rewards' were?

IMG_3736.jpg

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • AragornAragorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I never saw one of her quests.. I saw plenty of Changis, Steve, and forgot the other guy who were "Quest Givers" there from LA. Their quests said at the bottom things like reward 100,000 xp but was just for fun. They would give you a few pieces of hard candies as a reward and give you another quest if you wanted.

Aragorn on
  • PerzephonePerzephone Gamer, Cosplayer & Geek :3 SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aragorn wrote: »
    Yeah here you go. I've been still recovering and going thru forums and such before I started emailing my pic peeps list. Here's all my pictures, including you two, but sized down by photobucket for 17" screens. My originals are 1600x1200.
    http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/TheShadowsil/PAX%202008/
    IMG_0601.jpg

Hey thanks for link ^_^ I found the pics you took YAY! :D

Perzephone on
  • basserbasser Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Haha man I wanted to cosplay this year as a very sexy-fied version of Gabe's outfit, but unfortunately work kept me from being able to finish it in time. I did end up buying a PacMan ghost plush (Pinky) and strapping him to my head like a hat, which a lot of people took pictures of for some reason...? I was like uh dudes I'm not even cosplaying anything I'm just being a dork. D;

But still, did anyone get any pictures of "Pinky Hat Girl"? xD I wanna see how retarded I looked if nothing else.

Srsly though, one of my favourites was the Prince from Katamari, anybody get her?? It was a really cute costume, so totally wanna copy her next year. x3

basser on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    2327178KMZwS.png
    I am Paladin, short and stout,
    Here is my hammer, here is my mount,
    When I see the Horde you'll hear me shout,
    Time to pop a bubble and hearth right out!
This discussion has been closed.