crafty little bastards

2»

Posts

  • ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I found a Wolf Spider in my living room once when I was about 10. I'm sure I'm remembering it to be larger than it actually was, but sweet Christ, that thing was enormous. My mom put it in an empty jar and named it Crazy Legs. We kept it in the house for a few days before it just freaked us all out too much.

    ouchies on
  • StrayDogStrayDog Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I hate flies. Spiders kill flies. I love spiders. They kill most of the things I hate.


    edit - I has good grammar.

    StrayDog on
    Let me go down in the mud, where the rivers all run dry.
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why does every thread we have have to end up with botflies?

    I mean seriously, I like to pretend they dont exist you guys.

    monsterror on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What are you? A Gay?

    Penguin Incarnate on
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What are you some kind of stupid?

    monsterror on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Someone asked to see a picture of tube in the pax thread.

    I am tempted to post one of the spider pics.

    Should I do it y/n?

    Blake T on
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Post Weaver.

    monsterror on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Maybe I should find a picture of Moe Fwacky.

    Blake T on
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Were you at pax, Blaket? I don't remember meeting you.

    Best Patrick line though was "Oh, you're Moe Fwacky? Is this knife here sharp, because I'd love to stab myself."

    monsterror on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    Someone asked to see a picture of tube in the pax thread.

    I am tempted to post one of the spider pics.

    Should I do it y/n?

    What did I do to deserve such hatred Blaket? :cry:

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I only featured at PAX via webcam mosterror.

    Blake T on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Someone asked to see a picture of tube in the pax thread.

    I am tempted to post one of the spider pics.

    Should I do it y/n?

    What did I do to deserve such hatred Blaket? :cry:

    Oh shit, I've been caught!

    It's not hatred man, it's the hillarity of showing you a picture of spiders.

    Blake T on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Someone asked to see a picture of tube in the pax thread.

    I am tempted to post one of the spider pics.

    Should I do it y/n?

    What did I do to deserve such hatred Blaket? :cry:

    Oh shit, I've been caught!

    It's not hatred man, it's the hillarity of showing you a picture of spiders.

    WHAT'S SO HILARIOUS ABOUT MOBILE NIGHTMARE UNITS?

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Whose webcam did you feature through?

    I ask because I need to punch them in the face for not letting me know.

    monsterror on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    monsterror wrote: »
    Whose webcam did you feature through?

    I ask because I need to punch them in the face for not letting me know.
    It was stale's webcam but I was mostly talking to Viv.

    Blake T on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man I want to see a picture of tube

    anyway, spiders are all right

    they are our natural allies in the war against every more irritating insect

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    pffsshaawww

    how could this have come about by evolution, huh?

    Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RialeRiale Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Candlemass wrote: »
    Apparently, and without any doubt, this is new proof for the scientific theory of Creationism. God designed their nervous systems so well.

    Take that, evolutionary biology.

    hey i have the monopoly on None Shall Pass signatures here. i will fight you for it.

    what's this thread about flies or something? fuck them. i used to spend 30 minutes every morning killing about 20 flies that magically sprung up in my kitchen.

    Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How the hell do you guys cope living in climates where 8 legged killing machines are free to stalk the land?

    I live in the UK, know for a fact that there isn't a single venomous insect or arachnid with the power to push it's fangs through my sweet, sweet skin and I still freak out every time I see a spider that's visible to the naked eye from more than a foot away.

    Deicist on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    In the South, there's a a fair amount of Brown Recluse spiders.

    People freak out about them, until you realize they're the dumbest fucking spider in the universe. And they lose in a fight against most other bugs, even ones that are so small you're like "Dayam, that guy is gonna get eat up!" and the Brown Recluse is all "I CAN'T FUCKING DEAL" and gets killed.

    Now the wasps, those are the motherfuckers I get pissed about.

    Obbi on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    In the South, there's a a fair amount of Brown Recluse spiders.

    People freak out about them, until you realize they're the dumbest fucking spider in the universe. And they lose in a fight against most other bugs, even ones that are so small you're like "Dayam, that guy is gonna get eat up!" and the Brown Recluse is all "I CAN'T FUCKING DEAL" and gets killed.

    Now the wasps, those are the motherfuckers I get pissed about.

    I don't care what brown recluses can fight. Just like you don't care that a drunken hobo that's covered in bubonic plague would get his ass kicked by some guy with a lead pipe. If either one bites you, your fucking arms are going to rot off.

    BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I hate fruit flies. The worst was last summer, I'd get super freaked out about the amount of them in my kitchen and flat out ballistic on the place. My girlfriend came home one day to find me in my boxers, with a container of spray cleaner in one hand, and a towel in the other, running around the kitchen swearing loudly. She told me that she was there for about 5 min before I noticed.

    tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bentbent Registered User
    edited September 2008
    We had an infestation of fruit flies in our house a few years ago, for about three days after halloween.

    Nobody knew where they were coming from until some intrepid soul looked inside the pumpkin; it was fucking crawling with the bastards.

    bent on
    sig1.png
  • tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    bent wrote: »
    We had an infestation of fruit flies in our house a few years ago, for about three days after halloween.

    Nobody knew where they were coming from until some intrepid soul looked inside the pumpkin; it was fucking crawling with the bastards.

    I'm always scared that I'm going to open the peanut butter one day, and a bunch of them will come out. I think that I would die.

    I love peanut butter.

    tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuirkQuirk Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I was taking a shit the night before last and the biggest moth I have ever seen flew in the goddamn toilet window (The room with the toilet is literally that. You have to go to the bathroom to wash your hands) and freaked me out a treat, mainly since there was nothing I could do about it when taking a dump and the room is fucking tiny. Eventually I managed to go get a glass and a letter to capture and throw is out, but not before tormenting my sister with it briefly, as is the older brother's right

    Quirk on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In this thread, let's talk about nature's own little wiggins.

    Oh teedot. You're so funny.

    <3

    Lucky Cynic on
  • altlat55altlat55 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A moth?

    altlat55 on
  • lunarwulflunarwulf Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Story.
    Fri Aug 29, 12:50 PM ET

    CHICAGO (Reuters) - The brains of flies are wired to avoid the swatter, U.S. researchers said on Thursday.

    At the mere hint of a threat, the insects adjust their preflight stance to flee in the opposite direction, ensuring a clean getaway, they said in a finding that helps explain why flies so easily evade swipes from their human foes.

    "These movements are made very rapidly, within about 200 milliseconds, but within that time the animal determines where the threat is coming from and activates an appropriate set of movements to position its legs and wings," Michael Dickinson of the California Institute of Technology said in a statement.

    "This illustrates how rapidly the fly's brain can process sensory information into an appropriate motor response," said Dickinson, whose research appears in the journal Current Biology.

    Dickinson's team studied this process in fruit flies using high-speed digital imaging equipment and a fancy fly swatter.

    In response to a threat from the front, the fly moves its middle legs forward, leans back and raises its back legs for a backward takeoff. If the threat is from the side, the fly leans the other way before takeoff.

    The findings offer new insight into the fly nervous system, and lends a few clues on how to outsmart a fly.

    "It is best not to swat at the fly's starting position," Dickinson said. Instead, aim for the escape route.

    Dickinson, a bioengineer, has devoted his life's work to the study of insect flight. He has built a tiny robotic fly called Robofly and a 3-D visual flight simulator called Fly-O-Vision.

    (Reporting by Julie Steenhuysen, editing by Will Dunham and Xavier Briand)

    Man, I hate those little fuckers so much. So much.

    They just will not go away, and seem to have no goal in life other than to annoy.

    In this thread, let's talk about nature's own little wiggins.

    There's some research that indicates that insects and crustaceans detect prey, enemy, or friend by angle of approach and size. According to this research, you may find it easier to swat flies in the air or by keeping the swatter level and snapping from the wrist to make your kill strike.

    Meh. Gas the little buggers.

    lunarwulf on
    It's been made abundantly clear that Ten O'Clock is time for Rainbow Six. It is not time for other games! You might think that it is, but it isn't. Don't show up at 10:05! That's not when it is. It is earlier.
  • seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User
    edited September 2008
    so glad to live in the middle of illinois where the only dangerous bugs are black widows and brown recluses

    those things aren't ever going to bother you

    seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • CandlemassCandlemass Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    Candlemass wrote: »
    Apparently, and without any doubt, this is new proof for the scientific theory of Creationism. God designed their nervous systems so well.

    Take that, evolutionary biology.

    hey i have the monopoly on None Shall Pass signatures here. i will fight you for it.

    what's this thread about flies or something? fuck them. i used to spend 30 minutes every morning killing about 20 flies that magically sprung up in my kitchen.

    Under US law monopolies are prohibited making a fight unnecessary. I will admit that you have the better sig though.

    This discussion about botflies makes me never want to travel down to those regions. D:

    Candlemass on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I only have to worry about bears and moose up here

    at least bears don't burrow into your body and feed on your insides

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • -smash-smash Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I only have to worry about bears and moose up here

    at least bears don't burrow into your body and feed on your insides

    ... yet

    !

    -smash on
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Candlemass wrote: »
    Apparently, and without any doubt, this is new proof for the scientific theory of Creationism. God designed their nervous systems so well.

    Take that, evolutionary biology.

    Man, I think even a creationist would have trouble playing that card in a thread that already contains botflies.

    xianmacro4.jpg

    Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    my usual method for dealing with spiders is putting a cup over them until I can recruit help or screw up the courage to take it outside (yes I am a huge wimp)

    there's one in the corner of my dorm right now but I don't have any cups and my roommate has named it already, so I guess we're keeping him

    I had a friend in college who was absolutely phobic. If she was alone in the house and encountered a spider, her strategy was to throw a heavy book on top of it from six feet away. And even then she had to wait for somebody else to pick up the book.

    If her parents left for the weekend, they could expect to find at least half of the encyclopedia set in random spots on the floor.
    tallus wrote: »
    How the hell do you guys cope living in climates where 8 legged killing machines are free to stalk the land?

    I live in the UK, know for a fact that there isn't a single venomous insect or arachnid with the power to push it's fangs through my sweet, sweet skin and I still freak out every time I see a spider that's visible to the naked eye from more than a foot away.

    Maybe, but I'm not sure how comfortable I could be in a country where they find things like this behind peoples' television sets:

    _41069480_centipede_pa_ok2.jpg

    Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    BYToady wrote: »
    Obbi wrote: »
    In the South, there's a a fair amount of Brown Recluse spiders.

    People freak out about them, until you realize they're the dumbest fucking spider in the universe. And they lose in a fight against most other bugs, even ones that are so small you're like "Dayam, that guy is gonna get eat up!" and the Brown Recluse is all "I CAN'T FUCKING DEAL" and gets killed.

    Now the wasps, those are the motherfuckers I get pissed about.

    I don't care what brown recluses can fight. Just like you don't care that a drunken hobo that's covered in bubonic plague would get his ass kicked by some guy with a lead pipe. If either one bites you, your fucking arms are going to rot off.

    It'd be like the plague hobo losing the fight against your 10 year old son. The only way that plague hobo is going to bite you is if you let it. The damn thing's too idiotic to figure how out to attack properly, so only the super idiotic is going to get bit by the damn guy.

    The bonus to bein' such a huge wad of stupid is you get bit and ignore it, which usually ends well!

    Obbi on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What happens if a brown recluse bites the inside of your left buttock, and you never know about it

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    BYToady wrote: »
    Obbi wrote: »
    In the South, there's a a fair amount of Brown Recluse spiders.

    People freak out about them, until you realize they're the dumbest fucking spider in the universe. And they lose in a fight against most other bugs, even ones that are so small you're like "Dayam, that guy is gonna get eat up!" and the Brown Recluse is all "I CAN'T FUCKING DEAL" and gets killed.

    Now the wasps, those are the motherfuckers I get pissed about.

    I don't care what brown recluses can fight. Just like you don't care that a drunken hobo that's covered in bubonic plague would get his ass kicked by some guy with a lead pipe. If either one bites you, your fucking arms are going to rot off.

    It'd be like the plague hobo losing the fight against your 10 year old son. The only way that plague hobo is going to bite you is if you let it. The damn thing's too idiotic to figure how out to attack properly, so only the super idiotic is going to get bit by the damn guy.

    The bonus to bein' such a huge wad of stupid is you get bit and ignore it, which usually ends well!

    I'm still going to purify anything I find with a brown recluse on or near it with fire.

    BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
Sign In or Register to comment.