As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Got 99 Problems But A [CHAT] Ain't One

• Options
    Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I missed it and I don't feel like looking. What school is this?

EDIT: Man, I need a new av.

Nineteen Hundred on
    There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Guys, I found a way to mask my hideous laugh. I just bite a harmonica and now I sound like a Southern wayfarer.

Tam on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Umm...wtf Godfather? Is this a school where you just do art 24/7 or what? I also don't remember where you said you were at.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty sure he's going to Max the Mutt, which is a small quasi-atelier animation school in Toronto from my understanding, so not a degree granting university.

Also, If I remember correctly Godfather is from Texas, so I can't wait for him to have his first winter in the great white frozen north.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't think I've ever wanted a broom more than right now. The faux-wood paneling on my floor is covered in junk and sand from the beach. My feet don't like this.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he's going to Max the Mutt, which is a small quasi-atelier animation school in Toronto from my understanding, so not a degree granting university.

Also, If I remember correctly Godfather is from Texas, so I can't wait for him to have his first winter in the great white frozen north.

Actually I think you do get a degree (not that it matters in the art world).

Yeah, it's a 70+ hour school week; not 24 hours but around twelve on the weekdays, and eight to seven on Saturdays and Sundays. It's pretty strict. Amazing faculty though.

I picked this school because I can't figure out art techniques on my own to save my life. Nothing better than to have a school that pretty much holds your hand the entire way in a sense.

Also it's pretty nice out right now, but i'm looking forward to the snow. Canada can bring the fucking thunder.

Godfather on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Guys! I present to you: Beavotron: The Game

http://rhkstudios.iseenothing.com/beavotron_the_game.exe

PROX on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Because I know how much you guys love the articles I post, drink forth until your gullet is full of the sweet taste of enlightenment and time wasted.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "There's Luke consumin' American soil! Mmmm tastes like Liberty!"

"And wouldn't ya know it, it's Joe playin' with a kitten! GOOCHIE GOOCHIE GOOCHIE!"

Jesus, I can't breathe.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Godfather wrote: »

Yeah, it's a 70+ hour school week; not 24 hours but around twelve on the weekdays, and eight to seven on Saturdays and Sundays. It's pretty strict. Amazing faculty though.

I picked this school because I can't figure out art techniques on my own to save my life. Nothing better than to have a school that pretty much holds your hand the entire way in a sense.

Also it's pretty nice out right now, but i'm looking forward to the snow. Canada can bring the fucking thunder.
    D:
    What!
    I like art, but I don't think I could do this for a year. And how could you even do it for more than one year? This much art-ing is more than equivalent to a bachelors degree, isn't it?
    I had no idea things like this existed. Actually, now I DO want to do it. That's like grinding for art skills.
    Because I know how much you guys love the articles I post, drink forth until your gullet is full of the sweet taste of enlightenment and time wasted.
    That was actually a really interesting article. I wonder how he feels about this new "The Princess and the Frog" movie. I think it fits his desires better than most Disney animated movies. So does Lilo and Stitch, probably (god damn I love that movie).

srsizzy on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Alright guys, here is some of the work from the 1st year students. This is end-of-the-year kind of stuff, so if I make it through this is the kind of quality i'll be delivering. Also, everyone can draw/paint like this by the end, so this isn't a best-of-the-best kind of deal here:[AWESOME ART]

It's worth noting at this point that most, if not all of these kids have never picked up a paintbrush in their life before coming to this school. They're (hopefully) around the same level of skill as I right now, which is terrible to say the least.

I saw that first image and i was like 'Dude, what's so awesome about someone making a crummy shark soft toy? This photograph isn't even all that .... wait a second.'

I want a no-life-other-than-art school. Damn useless continent.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The beaver, it moves to quickly!

beavsak0.png
    It's even got speed wobbles

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah beavers are hard to get all right.
    hurr hurr vageeners

Tam on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A Beavotron/Jezzball crossover sounds like it would be fun.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Did you make that music PROX?

That is pretty pimp.

EDIT: Discovered this tag today while I was scouting the city

2008_08250021.jpg

2008_08250027.jpg

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Were you the one that sent me that info on Max the Mutt a long time ago? I've been looking at art schools, but your lack of life scares the shit out of me.

Nineteen Hundred on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah.

What do you mean by lack of life?

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah.

What do you mean by lack of life?

70+ hours of work, probably.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh.

It's not that bad guys. The first week isn't really school at all; you get to take trips to the museum, take notes from top of the line artists and animators, and generally enjoy Toronto.

Week 2 is when they bring the pain.

I sincerely doubt I won't have a life. As soon as my parents left, I spent an hour on the computer and then headed for the town. Not twenty minutes pass by and I get a phone number from an attractive lady.

I guess it really comes down to your people skills.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I am envious.

Tam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh.

It's not that bad guys. The first week isn't really school at all; you get to take trips to the museum, take notes from top of the line artists and animators, and generally enjoy Toronto.

I sincerely doubt I won't have a life. As soon as my parents left, I spent an hour on the computer and then headed for the town. Not twenty minutes pass by and I get a phone number from an attractive lady.

Teach me your ways.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Oh.

Teach me your ways.

Indeed.

But if it involves playing flamenco guitar, forget it. I tried guitar once, musical instruments don't like me.

I bet it does involve guitar. I bet you were biting a rose and had that hat.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    All that and I played this song blindfolded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXwt0JXM990

Panty desintigrater.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Attractive women are over-rated, they always make you feel like some kind of pervert for looking at them through high powered binoculors from a tree across the street.

Mustang on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy shit lentils are delicious.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    All that and I played this song blindfolded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXwt0JXM990

Panty desintigrater.

When a guitar is played that fast, it always sounds like Asturias to me.
    Forbe! wrote: »

yessssssss

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's actually a very simple technique, just amplified up. Anyone could learn it, but to do it as fluidly as Govi takes years of guitar playing.

The rest of the song is actually very easy; that beginning is the hardest part of it.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Your tongue is broken.

Nineteen Hundred on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I want to go home and paint! This work-a-day world is ruining my artistic flow!

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I actually do most of my art at work.....I hate this job, but being able to do art when it's slow is a big fucking perk.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well I draw a lot at work, but I can't exactly whip out the 60"x30" canvas and put on a beret and a painting smock here.

Or could I?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, it turns out I can't, and now I'm out of a job. Thanks, Mustang.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Your tongue is broken.

Nah, I'm in flavor country.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    Man I am playing through Sands of Time again...Jesus fucking Christ that's an incredible game. And except for the animation and character models not really holding up really well in the close-up in-game cutscenes, it still looks damn gorgeous.

Like I'm 95% through it, and most of the time when I get 95% through a game I'm just itching to power through to the final boss and finish it, but I stopped playing it for tonight right there, because I don't really want it to end so soon.

Also, if I played through Two Thrones and thought it was "eh", am I going to be even more annoyed if I try to play Warrior Within? Besides the LOLZ ANGST factor, I've heard the already way-too-long combat is even longer, which is really...not what I want. In fact, if you just ditched the combat altogether and gave me a game with 12 straight hours of acrobatics puzzles, that would pretty dang sweet.

Also while I'm on the subject of PoP, can a woman, gay dude, or Hollywood casting director/costume designer explain to me why this is a good thing? I mean, is that supposed to be attractive? I've heard chicks are all swooning about for that dude but look: I could look like that, if I wanted to stop bathing, and took up a daily exercise regimen of mild 'roid use and Skoal-chewing; and if that's the sort of thing people are swooning over these days, that seems to me a pretty sorry state of affairs.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, it turns out I can't, and now I'm out of a job. Thanks, Mustang.

But think of all the free time you have to paint now that you don't have to go to work anymore. Besides only corporate shills need money, you should be able to live off your love of creating stuff.

On another note, I usually love the cell shading stage...but today, not so much...it's chore city today.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also while I'm on the subject of PoP, can a woman, gay dude, or Hollywood casting director/costume designer explain to me why this is a good thing? I mean, is that supposed to be attractive? I've heard chicks are all swooning about for that dude but look: I could look like that, if I wanted to stop bathing, and took up a daily exercise regimen of mild 'roid use and Skoal-chewing; and if that's the sort of thing people are swooning over these days, that seems to me a pretty sorry state of affairs.

Is not hot. Would not recommend.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's gonna be hard for him to run along walls in those doughy boots.

Nineteen Hundred on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man I am playing through Sands of Time again...Jesus fucking Christ that's an incredible game. And except for the animation and character models not really holding up really well in the close-up in-game cutscenes, it still looks damn gorgeous.

Like I'm 95% through it, and most of the time when I get 95% through a game I'm just itching to power through to the final boss and finish it, but I stopped playing it for tonight right there, because I don't really want it to end so soon.

Also, if I played through Two Thrones and thought it was "eh", am I going to be even more annoyed if I try to play Warrior Within? Besides the LOLZ ANGST factor, I've heard the already way-too-long combat is even longer, which is really...not what I want. In fact, if you just ditched the combat altogether and gave me a game with 12 straight hours of acrobatics puzzles, that would pretty dang sweet.

I played through it for the first time a fortnight ago, and those were my exact thoughts. (The model's hands are not too gorgeous when he drinks from the life bar-extending fountain, and Farah looks 70% like a monster, but other than that, not too bad). You just need to start making games all by yourself so I can enjoy them.

I really should have played through Legacy of Kain: Defiance before Sands of Time, because I keep wanting to wall run or jump from wall to wall and it's just not happening.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I bought the POP 360 arcade game. It's so finicky and the combat so unresponsive that I got stuck after about half an hour and haven't been able to progress since. Sucks, I was enjoying the jumping around puzzle stuff.

Sands of Time also great, but I got stuck in that one too. Damn games and their so called Challenges.

desperaterobots on
This discussion has been closed.