As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

quake3.phallanet.org - [05:14] - VILLAGE VICTORY!

191011121315»

• Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    it was fun, I wasn't really as present as I usually am in games, due to I'm tryin' to find a good balance between not gettin' killed and not bein' Stew_Stick.

Obbi on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    warban wrote: »
    I so want to see the Griefer forums now.

As for balance it was fine i think. Was there even a seer?

Edit: Yes there was.

Yes, and if you hadn't been so chatty day 1 you'd have known that first hand.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It happens when you solo run phalla i would think.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh and if anyone's really interested, I made myself an Access database to hold all this shit. I mean it wasn't really that complicated, but it was easy to throw actions and targets and then just build a few queries to show me (a) who hasn't voted for the night and (b) how many posts these people had. Plus who was alive/dead and private actions and whatnot.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    I so want to see the Griefer forums now.

As for balance it was fine i think. Was there even a seer?

Edit: Yes there was.

Yes, and if you hadn't been so chatty day 1 you'd have known that first hand.

Well i had no idea a killer needed to pick one of the top 5 posters for that day :P
    Still i don't think a "Evil Computer role play would of made the most effective Village head :P

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was hoping it was a way of you telling me "I am the bot!"

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I was like "wtf is warban doing...did I send the bot PM to the wrong guy?"

Also, Elldren, I noticed how you colored your role in cyan when calling yourself the server admin. Meta, but I give you points for being clever and turning the vote around as a result. :P

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I was like "wtf is warban doing...did I send the bot PM to the wrong guy?"
    I was trying to get the Greifers to waste a kill on me.
    I think it worked.

Normal Villager roles bore me somewhat. But if i do anything that gets me killed instead of the real network then that helps the network.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Drez wrote: »

Also, Elldren, I noticed how you colored your role in cyan when calling yourself the server admin. Meta, but I give you points for being clever and turning the vote around as a result. :P

I resorted to some very meta stuff to turn that vote around, including using my voting in the other miniphalla running. Looking back I wish I hadn't.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was trying to get the Greifers to waste a kill on me and i think it worked.

You also managed to get the seer to waste a seering on you, but meh. So it goes.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Getting help from a witness also helped turning it a bit.

Overall this was obviously a lot of fun playing a black hat.

EDIT: Also this got me my very first grudge in history. Hi Ryadic! :P

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Getting help from a witness also helped turning it a bit.

Overall this was obviously a lot of fun playing a black hat.

Yes, that was a very good move.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Institutional PederastyInstitutional Pederasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ah ok, so I did good, just that the griefers didn't do anything for me to cancel. Lame.

Institutional Pederasty on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    An auto-seer and immunity to griefer kills on one special, and another immunity to griefer kills on the other? BULLSHIT.

Oh and not to mention, directly putting the admin in contact with the person they seer, removing any possiblity of doubt? BULLSHIT.

No wonder we didn't kill any of the good specials.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    An auto-seer and immunity to griefer kills on one special, and another immunity to griefer kills on the other? BULLSHIT.

Oh and not to mention, directly putting the admin in contact with the person they seer, removing any possiblity of doubt? BULLSHIT.

No wonder we didn't kill any of the good specials.

Yeah, I'd say my role was overpowered.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd like to know how the griefers were meant to take out the two specials with immunities to their kills?

Rig the vote?

:(

T'was a good game, but I think that a) griefers got a bit unlucky, and b) the balance was a teensy bit tipped to the good guys' favour with two specials being unkillable by us.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Typekilling didn't count as being griefed. Spawncamping did. So you basically had two vigilantes but both were somewhat limited. Also, Quoth going AWOL didn't help.

And frankly, I think that's how seering should work period.

edit: Looking back, though, yeah I think the admin was a bit overpowered. I really did not expect the griefers to get wiped out so quickly.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ah. So we could kill the two unkillables...if they talked more than everyone else and we picked them out of 5 potentials.

That's a bit better...Though it still relies on matters outside our control, and also relies on the fact that the typekiller doesn't die horribly.

Not trying to nitpick here, trying to give constructive criticism. :)

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was wondering if you guys would try to control that by engaging people you thought were specials in conversation.

But the typekiller died too quickly to test that theory. I think something like this might work in a larger/full phalla but probably backfired here.

As to my reasoning about the admin - I think making it so they would know their attacker is a bit lopsided but otherwise I don't see much of a problem with making the seer (a) at least somewhat hard to kill and (b) making it so the person they seer is fully aware that they are being seered. But then again I dislike millers and any of that shit where it's hard to figure out what's what. Of course there are contexts where that is appropriate, or where it is appropriate that people don't "know" whether or not they've been seered, but I think there are also contexts where it is appropriate to help the seer build his network, especially with the lack of guardians.

I'm kind of surprised Elldren never revealed himself. I mean that's the real danger and something I didn't really think about too much. Actually, I think that's why I put "you are not invincible however..." in the PM...to dissuade from that.

Drez on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Short and fun! Thanks for running it.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aww I was asleep when i missed my final demise :I

Egos on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dac Vin... you are grudged sir! Got your name on a post-it sitting at my work desk. FOREVER GRUDGED!

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    People have perma-grudges for way too little these days.

Entering into an arrangement and having your confidences broken and lose the game for your team? Perma grudge.

Get backstabbed and die personally? Grudge.

Get killed randomly by someone with a kill power (or due to a network head directing said power) ? Vote for em next phalla and let it go.

I'm guessing Dac falls into the third category :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nah. I'm just screwing around with the perma grudge thing. I'll probably forget about it and end up not even grudge vote him day one in the next Phalla. :P

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I need to keep my mouth shut :(
    type killed.
    blerg.

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We got hosed when 3 of us died in one day. Still it was a fun game

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sorry I sucked guys. :(

Quoth on