As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Cosplay Photos

• chickentinolachickentinola Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    basser wrote: »

Srsly though, one of my favourites was the Prince from Katamari, anybody get her?? It was a really cute costume, so totally wanna copy her next year. x3

Here you go.. Katamari and my Wifey :lol:

2820900654_894a6ea117_o.jpg

chickentinola on
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does this count as cosplay?:

OUR FEARLESS LEADER:
    2821917152_81356d46c5.jpg

And now, I will inundate you with cosplay pics:

(spoilered for size)

(NSF56K)

(Not approved for children under 13)

2821866124_a808d2a269_b.jpg

2821082641_8bbfdf4b92_b.jpg

2821024481_b53a63d7b8_b.jpg

2821979680_b201b408e4_b.jpg

2821985768_0b61cbfc98_b.jpg

2821985080_81a12c83b4_b.jpg

2821146697_d71d64bfe8_b.jpg

2821918858_f150b9ba88_b.jpg

2821989902_f37f496ccc_b.jpg

2821152663_28a34a83b2_b.jpg

2821991714_c28c7f2063_b.jpg

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • conorbconorb Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Was anyone else given requests from the Elizabeth?

And did anyone manage to actually solve them and see what her 'rewards' were?

IMG_3736.jpg

My wife finished the request just before the final round of the Omegathon. Her reward was a handful of Jolly Ranchers. All in all it was completely awesome.

conorb on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Raiphin wrote: »
    Eek, first post.

I was the Anne-Claire (often mistaken for Princess Peach) who was carrying around Fuschia (the small pink Fruit-fucker) on Friday only.....does anyone have pics?

thanks!
    ~R

This is the best picture I was able to get. Sorry, I know it kinda sucks, but that was great cosplay!

IMG_1337.jpg

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • CrimsonWeltallCrimsonWeltall Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Can someone tell me what the red and black guys at the top of post 2 are from?

CrimsonWeltall on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ninja Town, game coming out for DS

edit: lol, one of them (the red one) came walking up behind my g/f and just stood there while she attempted to ignore him...it was hilarious, he was there for like 20 seconds just standing there...hahaha

tr0tsky on
  • RaiphinRaiphin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Eek, first post.

I was the Anne-Claire (often mistaken for Princess Peach) who was carrying around Fuschia (the small pink Fruit-fucker) on Friday only.....does anyone have pics?

thanks!
    ~R

This is the best picture I was able to get. Sorry, I know it kinda sucks, but that was great cosplay!

Thanks so much! It's the first time I've made a dress (or worn that much pink) but I was pretty happy with how it turned out. (Especially the Fruit-fucker, heh)

Raiphin on
  • frankie23frankie23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Was anyone else given requests from the Elizabeth?

And did anyone manage to actually solve them and see what her 'rewards' were?

IMG_3736.jpg

I did receive a mission (the same one, in fact), and completed it as well. My reward was a handful of sweet, sweet candy.

frankie23 on
  • AlexTehArteestAlexTehArteest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    aww no one has posted Magus and I in our Spy masks lol.

Alex_Phil_Scout.jpg

AlexTehArteest on
  • aponivanyaaponivanya Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    seriously, walking around in boy shorts and a string bikini top is NOT ok at a "family friendly event."

aponivanya on
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The costumes of Twink and myself were so understated, only one person took our picture. :P

Edit: Apparently, there's some photo lurking around that I can't seem to find for myself. For reference, we were dressed as Simon and Kaylee from Firefly/Serenity.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited September 2008
    aponivanya wrote: »
    seriously, walking around in boy shorts and a string bikini top is NOT ok at a "family friendly event."

who said pax was family friendly? They coined the term "cawkvomit" at the make a strip panel, didn't they?

edit: are beaches not family friendly? You'd see more there.

tr0tsky on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »

who said pax was family friendly? They coined the term "cawkvomit" at the make a strip panel, didn't they?

edit: are beaches not family friendly? You'd see more there.

I have to agree here. PAX isn't really advertised as a Family-Friendly event, to my knowledge.

Houn on
  • samuelhgarfieldsamuelhgarfield Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, PAX is pretty adult.

Also, hats off to Solid Snake, Cap. Falcon, and finally, Cardboard Samurai for best in show, imo.

samuelhgarfield on
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    altmann wrote: »

Incidentally, this lady is actually part of the dev team for Sins of a Solar Empire. I know this because I bought it there ($30, special convention pricing!) and got her and the rest of the devs to sign my box.

This, in my opinion, makes her waaaaay hotter as a booth babe.
    tr0tsky wrote:

It was actually "twatvomit".

But your point stands. PAX, and Penny Arcade in general, has traditionally been rated M.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I spoke to her briefly.

Her name is Josie.

Schrodinger on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I guess you'd never take your kids to a beach or a public pool then, right? Might see a swimsuit top OH NOES.

On an unrelated note, I did get a picture of Harley Quinn:
    2821097390_6e063b290f_b_d.jpg

edit: Guess I should add the rest of my cosplay photos:
    2820046087_4fe8d4bf7c_b_d.jpg

2820241915_771546cd76_b_d.jpg

2820243707_142f6cc26f_b_d.jpg

2820246179_a96dc78c44_b_d.jpg

2820247477_36d67f5a38_b_d.jpg

2821089872_274865411c_b_d.jpg

2820251895_12f29d5c85_b_d.jpg

2821126050_6040c31329_b_d.jpg

2821128202_3c3cb5238e_b_d.jpg

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited September 2008
    Pinder wrote: »
    altmann wrote: »

Incidentally, this lady is actually part of the dev team for Sins of a Solar Empire. I know this because I bought it there ($30, special convention pricing!) and got her and the rest of the devs to sign my box.

This, in my opinion, makes her waaaaay hotter as a booth babe.
    tr0tsky wrote:

It was actually "twatvomit".

But your point stands. PAX, and Penny Arcade in general, has traditionally been rated M.

Funny you mention that. She was really cool to talk to and very approachable. We spoke about her contacts etc. and she didn't seem ditsy or stupid at all.

If I didn't already own Sins (fucking AWESOME game). I'd have purchased it. $30 is a steal.

altmann on

signature.png
    edited September 2008
    From the PAX FAQ:

Are there age restrictions to PAX?
    Nope. But if you're under 13, please make sure your parents know where you are.

Sounds family friendly to me since they don't even suggest that kids be accompanied.

aponivanya on
    edited September 2008
    regardless, you would see more skin at the beach on a sunny day than you do at pax. Just because the majority of people are clothed doesn't mean the ones who are less dressed are being sexual.

tr0tsky on
    edited September 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    regardless, you would see more skin at the beach on a sunny day than you do at pax. Just because the majority of people are clothed doesn't mean the ones who are less dressed are being sexual.

I'm sorry. I didn't take my kid to the beach. I took him to an indoor event... in SEATTLE where it was not bright and warm.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to be clothed.

aponivanya on
    edited September 2008
    From the PAX FAQ:

Sounds family friendly to me since they don't even suggest that kids be accompanied.

Logical failure. If notA does not mean B.

In general, the PAX community isn't "Family Hostile", but considering the comic itself is often laden with curse words and the occasional tasteless joke ("labia", anyone?), you shouldn't really expect a Rated G experience.

In your defence, this should be clearly defined for next year, yes. I must ask, though; how did you end up at a convention for a PG-13 (or worse) webcomic without expecting a PG-13 (or worse) crowd? I ask out of genuine curiousity.

Houn on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The thing about the baseball uniform is that I didn't even have any idea what she was supposed to be, or how it was related to a geek event.

Schrodinger on
    edited September 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    From the PAX FAQ:

In general, the PAX community isn't "Family Hostile", but considering the comic itself is often laden with curse words and the occasional tasteless joke ("labia", anyone?), you shouldn't really expect a Rated G experience.

In your defence, this should be clearly defined for next year, yes. I must ask, though; how did you end up at a convention for a PG-13 (or worse) webcomic without expecting a PG-13 (or worse) crowd? I ask out of genuine curiousity.

Because one of your IRL best buds goes and assured me it's family kosher. =P

aponivanya on
    edited September 2008
    I saw no nipples at pax, though the keynote and subsequent panels were filled with curse words.

I also saw very few kids under 14-15. And the ones I did see that were REALLY young were with parents. Maybe a handful at most.

I think parents know what this is, and I think it's up to them to choose. If they are ok with it, that's their choice.

altmann on

signature.png
    edited September 2008
    From the PAX FAQ:

Wait... I think I know who this is.

HA HA HA HA HA! That's too funny. Yeah, never listen to him again. He was wrong, wrong, wrong. :lol:

Houn on
    edited September 2008
    Oh, he realizes it isn't now and he's pissed about it. He took the little one last year too. And there were tons of kids running around. Apparently the wording on the FAQ wasn't clear enough for them either.

aponivanya on
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    HotSake wrote: »

2821089872_274865411c_b_d.jpg

2820251895_12f29d5c85_b_d.jpg

Oh hey, there we are. Smarmiest smarmer to have ever smarmed, that's me.

Thanks for posting 'em, Sake; I had forgotten you took the picture! :P

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited September 2008
    Oh, he realizes it isn't now and he's pissed about it. He took the little one last year too. And there were tons of kids running around. Apparently the wording on the FAQ wasn't clear enough for them either.

Even last year the wang numbers were pretty high, along with the cursing. No booth babes last year, though there was cosplaying; it's going to happen at any convention that fans will dress up for the event, and we all know how most females are protrayed in media.

All that said, I still would have taken my daughter on Sunday, had she not been sick. But I knew what I would have been walking her into.

I suppose we should let the thread go back on topic now. ;-)

Houn on
  • TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    From the PAX FAQ:

Wait... I think I know who this is.

HA HA HA HA HA! That's too funny. Yeah, never listen to him again. He was wrong, wrong, wrong. :lol:

Yeah... It is always worth researching the source material before planning a family trip. But really who assumes that the video game market at this point is anything close to family friendly? Within the first few rows of the exibition hall you had people gunning down zombies, gang warfare, a game where you chainsaw people in half amongst other things.

TheColonel on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man there were several kicking outfits I totally missed. I never saw the Cortana/Chief- those are awesome. And the Katamari is so cute but I would fear the escalators greatly.

What were the creepy women with the bandaged heads for? I was moving in a herd and couldn't quite see them or figure it out?

chaosisorder on
  • atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dyrwen66 wrote: »
    Oh, and Clown guys, you should check out the Dark Knight Spoof trailer. I mentioned it to one of you guys (can't remember which, it was a skinny dude) who had never seen it before.

I think I was the one you mentioned this video to. I was the Joker.

2816762904_59c935a0a8.jpg

You were the guy I offended by saying the Fruit Fucker was the best costume I saw :lol:

Great job though.

atiari on
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Apparently going last year wasn't clear enough either so I don't know what else can be done.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • endlesswaltzendlesswaltz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    basser wrote: »

Srsly though, one of my favourites was the Prince from Katamari, anybody get her?? It was a really cute costume, so totally wanna copy her next year. x3

Here you go.. Katamari and my Wifey :lol:

2820900654_894a6ea117_o.jpg

I've always wanted to go to PAX as the queen and king of Cosmos but bf has not been cooperating with me. I'm beginning to think that he is not comfortable with wearing purple tights.

endlesswaltz on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Eek, first post.

thanks!
    ~R

n591274049_1379089_8681.jpg

Atlus Parker on
  • AragornAragorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Silent Hill series

Aragorn on
  • ZanyZany Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aragorn wrote: »
    Yeah here you go. I've been still recovering and going thru forums and such before I started emailing my pic peeps list. Here's all my pictures, including you two, but sized down by photobucket for 17" screens. My originals are 1600x1200.
    http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/TheShadowsil/PAX%202008/
    IMG_0601.jpg

Awesome! I can honestly say I was delightfully suprised with how many people recognized us! I also thought it was cool to meet other Double Fine and Psychonaut fans around there!

I am plotting in that picture, do not doubt it.

Zany on
  • BlueScout_BlueScout_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The thing about the baseball uniform is that I didn't even have any idea what she was supposed to be, or how it was related to a geek event.

I was the Scout from TF2.

Other people recognized me.

:]

BlueScout_ on
This discussion has been closed.