As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I Got 99 Problems But A [CHAT] Ain't One

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That's why they invented cheating, so you can cheat.

Mustang on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Also while I'm on the subject of PoP, can a woman, gay dude, or Hollywood casting director/costume designer explain to me why this is a good thing? I mean, is that supposed to be attractive? I've heard chicks are all swooning about for that dude but look: I could look like that, if I wanted to stop bathing, and took up a daily exercise regimen of mild 'roid use and Skoal-chewing; and if that's the sort of thing people are swooning over these days, that seems to me a pretty sorry state of affairs.

I've never been one to generally swoon over Jake Gyllenhaal in the past, but, livin-under-the-bridge filigree notwithstanding, I've got to concede he looks good there.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dude what the hell? He looks weirdly middle-aged and pudgealicious. His indie geeky lean thing was delightful!

desperaterobots on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Holy shit lentils are delicious.

Your tongue is broken.

shut up lentils are awesome. you don't even know.

Tam on
    edited September 2008
    So what's the consensus on exhibiting work under an alias? In real life, I mean.

desperaterobots on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If your a graffiti artist it could save your life.

Godfather on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    So what's the consensus on exhibiting work under an alias? In real life, I mean.

:^:

You know my stance is going to be fairly obvious :lol:
    Unless it's something like "Jesus Christ Abramowitz" or "Boner Jones". Then I recommend you go for glory and try to land your name on a plaque somewhere.

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I'm gonna look at this from a marketing point of view: The name is the brand, put what ever name you want to project out there cuz that's the one you're showing to the people. BTW, what if your fake name?

MagicToaster on
    edited September 2008
    Not sure yet. I was thinking something elaborate like "Orton9000 And His Desperate Robots". Orton9000 for short. 8-)

But I'm not convinced. There are an awful lot of people in perth doing art under a moniker with BOT or TRON or ROBOT or ROBOTRON in it. They stole my bit!

desperaterobots on
    edited September 2008
    I like the epithet but am not so much a fan of the "Orton9000" part. Not catchy enough.

edited September 2008
    Agreed. Needs more investigation. Maybe something along the lines of Mars... Blelliot!

desperaterobots on
    edited September 2008
    Say, I think you're on to somethin'! Ya got moxie, kid!

• FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also while I'm on the subject of PoP, can a woman, gay dude, or Hollywood casting director/costume designer explain to me why this is a good thing? I mean, is that supposed to be attractive? I've heard chicks are all swooning about for that dude but look: I could look like that, if I wanted to stop bathing, and took up a daily exercise regimen of mild 'roid use and Skoal-chewing; and if that's the sort of thing people are swooning over these days, that seems to me a pretty sorry state of affairs.

I have no idea. I've never found Jake Gyllenhaal to be attractive and he certainly does not look attractive in that shot. But I've never understood half the things some women swoon over. Different tastes and all, I guess.

Desperaterobots, nothing against a good alias but I'm hardly an expert on what people exhibit under these days (I need to go look at some modern art more regularly, I think).

Fantasyrogue on
  • Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Castle Crashers is so much fun. And the artwork is beautiful, and the music is super catchy.

The whole thing is just cute.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like the epithet but am not so much a fan of the "Orton9000" part. Not catchy enough.

Agreed! And I should know, I work in a cubicle!

MagicToaster on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I want Castle Crashers. Damn you ps3. Damn you to hell.

earthwormadam on
  • MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys! I lived!

Yeah, by the time it reached us, the hurricane was only a category 1 or 2. We went up to North Louisiana, and we actually got more intense weather than what we would've experienced back home.

But hey, better safe than sorry.

P.S. While I did swim in a creek, climb a 12 foot tall cliff barefoot, and trek through the woods, I did not, in fact, turn into a woodsman with an extraordinary beard.

Mangoes on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    CapnMango wrote: »
    P.S. While I did swim in a creek, climb a 12 foot tall cliff barefoot, and trek through the woods, I did not, in fact, turn into a woodsman with an extraordinary beard.

get out there and keep trying then young man

beavotron on
  • MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll try again when Ike (the new tropical storm that wants to kill me) comes and kicks our asses.

Mangoes on
  • Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tropical storms can be such assholes.

Nineteen Hundred on
    There was something important here. It's gone now.
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys, my eyeballs are super watery and feel swollen and my head feels really hot. Should I be worried?

Tam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    have you tried web M.D?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    $42 worth of silver :{

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Hey guys, my eyeballs are super watery and feel swollen and my head feels really hot. Should I be worried?

popcorn-1.jpg

NightDragon on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Google Chrome is so fast.

MKR on
    edited September 2008
    Oh is it out? Must give it a whirl.

Mustang on
    edited September 2008

popcorn-1.jpg

I don't get it.

Tam on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My whole floor just got together to make key duplicates, as our keys are just these plastic cards with holes in them. I tried to do my own, and failed utterly. Powertools (drills) don't work well with me. Oh, and I also drilled some skin off my finger. Great night after first day of classes!

And concerning Chrome: I'm not about to give up Firefox for the beta of a new browser that I can't really see as being that much better.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited September 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    My whole floor just got together to make key duplicates, as our keys are just these plastic cards with holes in them. I tried to do my own, and failed utterly. Powertools (drills) don't work well with me. Oh, and I also drilled some skin off my finger. Great night after first day of classes!

And concerning Chrome: I'm not about to give up Firefox for the beta of a new browser that I can't really see as being that much better.

It has some unique and interesting things, and I think that's the idea behind the browser. It's more an ongoing proof-of-concept thing than an attempt at entering the market.

MKR on
  • r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

popcorn-1.jpg

I don't get it.
    you've been crying over a movie?

r-jasper on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

popcorn-1.jpg

I don't get it.

You're going to "pop".

In other news, I just made a very nice (loooong) hairwrap! Woo

NightDragon on
    edited September 2008

popcorn-1.jpg

I don't get it.

You're going to "pop".

Oh. hm.

Tam on
  • r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

popcorn-1.jpg

I don't get it.

You're going to "pop".
    i liked mine better :P

r-jasper on
    edited September 2008
    r-jasper wrote: »

I don't get it.

You're going to "pop".

A bit of sleep got rid of it. Probably had something to do with being awake for 28 hours.

Tam on
    edited September 2008

I don't get it.

You're going to "pop".

A bit of sleep got rid of it. Probably had something to do with being awake for 28 hours.

and smoking an ounce of weed.

Mustang on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

popcorn-1.jpg

I don't get it.

You're going to "pop".

In other news, I just made a very nice (loooong) hairwrap! Woo

hair...wrap? Is that like a lettucewrap?

PROX on
    edited September 2008
    This blanket advertising of popcorn hasn't affected me at all, I still feel like some croissant with some ham and cheese.

Mustang on
    edited September 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    This blanket advertising of popcorn hasn't affected me at all, I still feel like some croissant with some ham and cheese.

Just don't sit out on the table for too long.

MKR on
    edited September 2008
    Mustang wrote: »

I don't get it.

You're going to "pop".

and smoking an ounce of weed.

Weed kills pain, last I checked.

Tam on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The joker is a monster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu3S5qP4OG0&feature=related

Skip ahead 30-ish seconds.

Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.