As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Missed Connections Thread

• SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    So, all the PA Forum people I hung out with at PAX. If you are local, why are we not hanging out every day until next PAX? This just doesn't make sense to me.

I was super busy for most of PAX and barely got a chance to hang for very long even with people I already knew, but I am local forum people and would love going to some sort of PAX off-season meetup if there was one. I really wish I had a chance to meet more of you forumers and twitterers over the weekend.

I feel like someone should definitely make this happen. At the very least, a DS party at Greenlake or something. Perhaps a meet up at Gameworks every once in a while? I don't know. I suck at planning things.

Woot for my first forum post in over a week!

I agree, we need to have local get togethers between PAX's. I've been discussing this a little with various people, and everyone seems to be on the same page, and agrees that we should do more!

So what I was thinking, is doing something, at least once a month. I'm not the greatest of organizers... But I think this is something that I may be able to manage, with help from this fine community!

Anyone who wants to help out in any way, PM me. I'll look into starting a thread for Post-PAX Seattlite events here in the next week.

If a week goes by and I've not posted anything, just keep bothering me untill I do, don't let me forget about this! :D

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To the other girl at the Brothers in Arms: Highway to Hell booth: Rock on. Only two girls over the entire weekend at PAX got their hair shaved off. I don't know if you're a forum go-er though. Also, to the Enforcer in the HandHeld loung C, on umm..... Saturday I believe, who I played Bomberman with? You're cute XD

MeeOk on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ^^ MeeOk, you rule. I think you should know that. I'd better be seeing you at some hopefully soon to be planned Seattle forumer get togethers!

Also, who was the girl on the Magical Mystery Tour who works for CSS at the UW? Because we should totally have lunch on the ave sometime! You were rad! Do you have Oracle or Exchange?

eye-shuh on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    So, all the PA Forum people I hung out with at PAX. If you are local, why are we not hanging out every day until next PAX? This just doesn't make sense to me.

I was super busy for most of PAX and barely got a chance to hang for very long even with people I already knew, but I am local forum people and would love going to some sort of PAX off-season meetup if there was one. I really wish I had a chance to meet more of you forumers and twitterers over the weekend.

I feel like someone should definitely make this happen. At the very least, a DS party at Greenlake or something. Perhaps a meet up at Gameworks every once in a while? I don't know. I suck at planning things.

Woot for my first forum post in over a week!

I agree, we need to have local get togethers between PAX's. I've been discussing this a little with various people, and everyone seems to be on the same page, and agrees that we should do more!

So what I was thinking, is doing something, at least once a month. I'm not the greatest of organizers... But I think this is something that I may be able to manage, with help from this fine community!

Anyone who wants to help out in any way, PM me. I'll look into starting a thread for Post-PAX Seattlite events here in the next week.

If a week goes by and I've not posted anything, just keep bothering me untill I do, don't let me forget about this! :D

Hell I live 4 hours away and I'd try and come up and visit once a month to hang out with you guys ^.^

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    Looking for the girl I fucked during a party. Hope your roommates didn't hear us. Really need my condoms back, ok?

P.S. Don't tell my wife.

This is the best post the PAX forum has ever seen.

Relish in this moment, lads.

NotASenator on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Actually, do any of you people have pictures of me getting my hair all cut off? I can't seem to get in touch with the local-ish friends who did take some. :(

MeeOk on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Looking for the girl I fucked during a party. Hope your roommates didn't hear us. Really need my condoms back, ok?

P.S. Don't tell my wife.

Well played!

MetaverseNomad on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

P.S. Don't tell my wife.

YOU..... HARLOT! How could you? ::cries::

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ^^ MeeOk, you rule. I think you should know that. I'd better be seeing you at some hopefully soon to be planned Seattle forumer get togethers!

Also, who was the girl on the Magical Mystery Tour who works for CSS at the UW? Because we should totally have lunch on the ave sometime! You were rad! Do you have Oracle or Exchange?

oh, hey, thanks! That was me. We should definitely do lunch! Uh, I think my office has Exchange, but I don't use it.

MetaverseNomad on
  • TylergoodguyTylergoodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Stash wrote: »
    Girl named Nikki who I talked to while waiting in line for the outside Subway. You ordered a bunch of sandwiches, and I never got any contact info. I was the enforcer that has been to every PAX.

Long black hair, and shes about 5 foot? And delightfully charismatic and delicious?

Tylergoodguy on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

P.S. Don't tell my wife.

You win everything.

DJBreslin on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dear LTCosta,

I saw you in Pictochat at the harmonix panel. I called you a legend and then you left me. ~tear~

-loof

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To everyone that complimented me on my tshirts at PAX... I get them at shirt.woot.com. Enjoy!

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    capnjack wrote: »
    To everyone that complimented me on my tshirts at PAX... I get them at shirt.woot.com. Enjoy!

I saw so, so, so many woot shirts. On Friday I wore the red 'dogs playing poker' shirt, was glad I didn't see any doubles of that. I would have brought my survival tracking guide with the ninja, pirate, and zombie tracks, but I couldn't find it in my room. I had no idea they were so popular.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DJBreslin wrote: »

P.S. Don't tell my wife.

You win everything.

Indeed :lol:. Utterly hilarious.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • nephthysnephthys Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey everyone! So good to see many of you!!!
    I am looking for the guy that video taped me while I read, or had a letter sung to me from Bad Horse.
    Someone at the con said that it was already on the forums. I can't find it!!!
    I hope everyone enjoyed Harley Quinn, but I know now not to ever use that brand of paint again.

I didn't get to buy you ice cream!

nephthys on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I saw so, so, so many woot shirts. On Friday I wore the red 'dogs playing poker' shirt, was glad I didn't see any doubles of that. I would have brought my survival tracking guide with the ninja, pirate, and zombie tracks, but I couldn't find it in my room. I had no idea they were so popular.

Woot shirts were everywhere. I was rocking the Dramatic Jackalope (brown shirt with a jackalope on it) on Friday and Stop Motion (blue shirt with a green turtle) on Sat.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • StashStash Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Girl named Nikki who I talked to while waiting in line for the outside Subway. You ordered a bunch of sandwiches, and I never got any contact info. I was the enforcer that has been to every PAX.

Long black hair, and shes about 5 foot? And delightfully charismatic and delicious?

EXACTLY! Do you have any info?

Stash on
  • runwiledrunwiled Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shout out to the girl who was Eva on Saturday. We saw you crossing the road on Sunday but didn't catch you at the con; kind of wanted to ask if you and your boyfriend wanted to hang after the con. Sadness.

Lots of love,

~Snake and the Boss <3

runwiled on
    mpmdoodsig.jpg
  • latinman280latinman280 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    atiari wrote: »
    I met one of the regulars at the airport when they asked to split a Taxi (which I did). Then, when there was a problem with my hotel room and I had to wait for strings to get pulled you welcomed me to come chill in your room 2306 in the Sheraton while my boss and the Sheraton hammered crap out.

We'll definitely meet up next year for some good times.

I was actually in 2306 at PaX. Happen to have a descrip? There were two multi year Paxer's in there with me. One named Drew and the other Colin. Hope this helps...

latinman280 on
  • TylergoodguyTylergoodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

EXACTLY! Do you have any info?

Oh no but I met her too. She's adorable <3

Tylergoodguy on
  • atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Colin sounds right. Somewhere around around 5'7-5'9, skinny and longish brown hair.

I ran into someone else from 2306 on Sunday night as I wanted to show up as we were told to come party but everyone was asleep. Ran into the elevator there with someone from the room in pink pajama bottoms and almost laughed to death.

atiari on
  • Omega PsylockeOmega Psylocke Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    runwiled wrote: »
    Shout out to the girl who was Eva on Saturday. We saw you crossing the road on Sunday but didn't catch you at the con; kind of wanted to ask if you and your boyfriend wanted to hang after the con. Sadness.

Lots of love,

~Snake and the Boss <3

Awww, was this you? thnx for the picture
    n580729828_1293063_2109.jpg

Omega Psylocke on
  • latinman280latinman280 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bummer man, yea that was my room. I had an early flight, trust me part of me regrets scheduling it that way.

latinman280 on
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Did you go to dinner with a bunch of us Sunday night at Palomino? One of the guys was wearing the Living the <strike>Dream</strike> PLAN B :( shirt and I totally recognized it as one of my favorites. I own a few, but not that one. I wore all gaming related shits to PAx though, the MC Chris Hearts PAX on Friday, It's not pink it's lightish red RVB on Saturday, and PA's I wish I could hate you to death Sunday.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    w00t for shirt.woot! I was sporting "The Cake is a Liar" and "Lady out of Water."

Who was at post-apocalyptic movie night? You guys are fucking amazing- the dialogue you dubbed in during Mad Max 2 was absolutely hilarious. I sat near the front on the left- I remember a dude with curly hair and another dude with a black beanie being pretty awesome. I was really tired so I didn't even think about contact info, so sorry about that.

I played FLUXX and We Didn't Playtest This At All! with some people before the Friday night concerts. You were really fun! Sorry we couldn't exchange contact info- I would have, but the line moved.

I was the Asian girl with the boy-short hair and annoyingly loud voice (sorry if people hate me). I wore a fedora and lace gloves on Sunday- I'm thinking that will prolly be the most memorable for people. Plus, if you guys were mingling on TWEWY and saw the name "Jenny," that's me. Feel free to contact me if you think you know me!

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The_Saves wrote: »
    And thanks for the pin Blain, very nice of you to give that to me.

You're welcome. I had lots and was always happy to give them to people who enjoyed Blaster Master. I didn't hear about any parties to tell that guy in your group about. There was the hostel party, but it was only for people staying there, and by the time I returned from console freeplay, it was just wreckage.

Blain on
    edited September 2008
    Blain, were you the one handing out player pins?

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuck it, when in rome... :P

In line for the first PA Q&A panel on Friday evening, even though we never got in, I spent the whole line talking to a girl wearing striped armscarves, pretty sure your name was Laura? If you happen to check the forums, I really enjoyed our conversation and would love to keep in touch with you.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I got infoz from nearly everyone I talked to, but in case I got distracted or didn't have a chance, I'm going to just, you know, PRE-EMPTIVELY post in this thread. Everyone I talked to was pretty awesome.

I'm the dude in this picture who is neither Mike nor Jerry:
    2823591625_7dc66ba699.jpg

crickets chirping

waffleboi9 on
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    waffleboi9 wrote: »
    I got infoz from nearly everyone I talked to, but in case I got distracted or didn't have a chance, I'm going to just, you know, PRE-EMPTIVELY post in this thread. Everyone I talked to was pretty awesome.

crickets chirping

it seemed like...you were either staring at me or my GF everytime i passed you on friday dude...

throwing this out there - it was kinda creepy.

xxhennersxx on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Lots of love,

~Snake and the Boss <3

Damn, you guys came all the way from the UK for this?

I forget, did you recognize the sonic screwdriver when you saw it?

Nice work on the costume, guys.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26781381@N02/2820217438/in/set-72157607063344578/

Schrodinger on
  • ShiNoKazeShiNoKaze Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

crickets chirping

And will be remembered for bringing the blue stuff on the train! I'm totally going the premixed route next year.

ShiNoKaze on
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    it seemed like...you were either staring at me or my GF everytime i passed you on friday dude...

throwing this out there - it was kinda creepy.

Haha, really? What did you look like? I got into several silent "staring contests" with people, where I'd just like smirk at them for long periods of time. I can see how that might creep people out =P. I apologize.

edit: I found your picture in another thread. I kinda vaguely remember you from the line Friday morning? It feels like a million years ago. Anyway, I do remember looking at you and your GF, and it was not a silent staring contest. I just thought you guys were an interesting looking couple. I guess I could have just said as much as we passed by and perhaps negated some of the creepiness =(. Thanks for the feedback, I do apologize for creeping you out.

waffleboi9 on
  • runwiledrunwiled Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Lots of love,

~Snake and the Boss <3

Awww, was this you? thnx for the picture
    n580729828_1293063_2109.jpg

That is indeed us :D
    Damn, you guys came all the way from the UK for this?

I forget, did you recognize the sonic screwdriver when you saw it?

Nice work on the costume, guys.

It took me a sec but then I recognised it. Good work Doctor ;3

runwiled on
    mpmdoodsig.jpg
    edited September 2008

crickets chirping
    Props on the shirt. Love that show.

KrnDoxy on
    edited September 2008

crickets chirping

You are Keenan Jung. I am the guy who knows your name. :)

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    edited September 2008

Did you go to dinner with a bunch of us Sunday night at Palomino? One of the guys was wearing the Living the <strike>Dream</strike> PLAN B :( shirt and I totally recognized it as one of my favorites. I own a few, but not that one. I wore all gaming related shits to PAx though, the MC Chris Hearts PAX on Friday, It's not pink it's lightish red RVB on Saturday, and PA's I wish I could hate you to death Sunday.

Nope, wasn't me. I wore the Zombie Survival, Wormhole Republic, Duck Hunt, and Zelda Legend shirts.

capnjack on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    Ah yes, the annual "I thought you were hot but was too nervous to actually talk to you" thread. :lol:
    Mully wrote: »
    one of my favourite bits of the weekend
    was when larlar, tube, bomb, brian, k (i think?) and i were all in the elevator
    and it stops
    and this gorgeous little blonde thing gets in
    she looks around at all of us, then looks forward, gets off at her stop, and is gone

tube says something along the lines of "she would never even touch a single one of us, thats the difference between people like us and people like her"

well this same girl, hours later
    comes up to me in the exhibition hall at pax
    and goes
    "I KNOW YOU! YOURE MULLY! OHMIGOD!"
    she apparently runs the cosplay thread in the pax forum
    ahahaha

This girl...now. I thought she was just regular hot. Now I know I missed my chance to be with a hot weirdo, which is the best kind of weirdo.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Larlar wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Ah yes, the annual "I thought you were hot but was too nervous to actually talk to you" thread. :lol:
    Mully wrote: »
    one of my favourite bits of the weekend
    was when larlar, tube, bomb, brian, k (i think?) and i were all in the elevator
    and it stops
    and this gorgeous little blonde thing gets in
    she looks around at all of us, then looks forward, gets off at her stop, and is gone

tube says something along the lines of "she would never even touch a single one of us, thats the difference between people like us and people like her"

well this same girl, hours later
    comes up to me in the exhibition hall at pax
    and goes
    "I KNOW YOU! YOURE MULLY! OHMIGOD!"
    she apparently runs the cosplay thread in the pax forum
    ahahaha

This girl...now. I thought she was just regular hot. Now I know I missed my chance to be with a hot weirdo, which is the best kind of weirdo.

I have this similar problem with a woman I met at a party whom I later discovered is friends with one of my father's business partners and now, every time I see the man I keep telling him, "Give JEN-NI-FER my number." When we met again, I remembered her name but he did not.

RoyceSraphim on
This discussion has been closed.