As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Horse Snipers at PAX get Felicia Day

• Options
    capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, is this now called Horse-Rolling?

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ooh! I like that name for it!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    PanopeaPanopea Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That was fucking awesome. and yes, PLEASE let this replace rickrolling *prays*

Panopea on
  • Options
    teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    now i just need 2 buddies or learn how to sing melody solo so i can horse-roll in san fran.

teopeht on
    Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • Options
    capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    capnjack wrote: »
    So, is this now called Horse-Rolling?
    Ooh! I like that name for it!

Presenting: Horse-Rolled. Click the image for a bigger version.

horserolledsm.jpg

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Here is the letter I was handing out:
    2788189242_1bacd82ecd_o.jpg

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    kaoticrequiemkaoticrequiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy shit that's awesome.

Way to start a meme.

kaoticrequiem on
    Knows how to bend it.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I love the letter Sake! Did you make that, or did you find it somewhere?

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I love the letter Sake! Did you make that, or did you find it somewhere?

Jonny sent me the text, and I did the graphics and formatting. Printed 20 out at work; I think I still have about 10.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    teopeht wrote: »
    now i just need 2 buddies or learn how to sing melody solo so i can horse-roll in san fran.

If you need help don't hesitate to ask

and also, remember who started it.

Me
    ClickPicTony
    HotSake
    Proximity

Those names should go down in interweb history for what we pulled off [/egotistical banter]

Seriously though, i'm touched so many people are enjoying this...there's a comment on Whedonesque that said that we set the bar super high for subsequent bad horsings (pork's term) or horse-rolling. This seriously wasn't meant to be a meme. It was just a stupid idea I had that I thought would be fun.

And apparently Wil Wheaton says it was the highlight of his pax

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Can everyone in this thread tip of Joystiq, Kotaku, etc? I believe there's also a Digg for our Felicia Day and Adam sessler videos.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    JonnyNero wrote: »

Me
    ClickPicTony
    HotSake
    Proximity

Those names should go down in interweb history for what we pulled off [/egotistical banter]

lol can i commission you to horse-roll random people in SF so they can get their collective sticks out of their butts?

teopeht on
    Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Link that digg and I'll digg it hard. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Me
    ClickPicTony
    HotSake
    Proximity

lol can i commission you to horse-roll random people in SF so they can get their collective sticks out of their butts?

We would be glad too....if you could fly us out to SF. Budget is pretty much shot after PAX.

But all it takes is a few friends, double sided tape, fake 'staches, cowboy hats, and letters and you've got yourself a meme

also that second digg is for the geekdad post in his wired blog

the sessler one is here: http://digg.com/gaming_news/Adam_Sessler_gets_Bad_Horsed_at_PAX_2008

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Being horse-rolled was TOTALLY my highlight for PAX, so I can relate to Wil Wheaton.
    I think I gave HotSake his letter back. I wish I could have kept it to hang on my wall.

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dugg x 3 (all three digg links). =)

We need some more momentum to vault it into the spotlight... how we would get this, I don't know. =( But that's what's needed.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Being horse-rolled was TOTALLY my highlight for PAX, so I can relate to Wil Wheaton.
    I think I gave HotSake his letter back. I wish I could have kept it to hang on my wall.

You tried to, and I was like "No, that's yours! Keep it." Then again you didn't exactly have pockets. Check your bag again?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You guys are famous!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    goddessofkatsgoddessofkats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    HotSake wrote: »

You tried to, and I was like "No, that's yours! Keep it." Then again you didn't exactly have pockets. Check your bag again?
    Lol, I will check. I think I sorta blacked-out...It was all so exciting and I can only process so many things at once.

goddessofkats on
    Kat ^..^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You know, next year you're going to have to step it up. You've gotta catch people on their cellphones and sing the second chorus!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You know, next year you're going to have to step it up. You've gotta catch people on their cellphones and sing the second chorus!

it'd be more funny if you could get people's cell #s (this doesn't work as well for VIPs, I guess) and call them, then when they pick up have the Bad Horse Chorus appear behind them and start singing.

Alternatively, you could have the "delivery guy" near them, have *his* phone ring then pass it and say "It's for you" and then the chorus pops up when they take it and say Hello?

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    LOL! That would be hilarious! I love it!

Hmm... remember that idea we were talking about a month ago or so, doing a sort of performance or act to raise money for Child's Play? Maybe it could involve the talents of our intrepid band of Bad Horse singers...? You guys have a great talent for it! We'd need to figure out exactly how we could raise money for child's play through it, but it seems like a good opportunity.

Ooh! Maybe use Trotsky's idea, but bad horse specific people (over the cell phone) on request in exchange for Child's Play donations over the course of a month or something like that? If such a thing were possible and well advertised, you guys could make a mint for Child's Play! =)

EX: "Joe" wants to bad horse his friend "Carl".

Joe goes to badhorseforchildsplay.org (or something like that =) ), pays with a donation online, and sends you Carl's Cell Phone number. You guys do the bit (and maybe record and post it online for everyone's amusement!), and then the donation gets added to a big "grand total" billboard on the front of the website or something.

Just a thought. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    AtomicFreakAtomicFreak Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How about for a donation of $5 or something anyone of your choice would get a phone call or voicemail from the Bad Horse Chorus? Give to Child's Play and amuse your friends at the same time!

EDIT: Damn, beaten to the punch.

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    meh...I don't think *everything* is applicable to Child's Play. Half the fun of the Bad Horsing is the surprise factor. Getting it done on demand would just kill it, imo.

edit: Not to mention, taking money for performances of copyrighted material might not go over so well, even for charity.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    Rocket TacoRocket Taco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ooh! Maybe use Trotsky's idea, but bad horse specific people (over the cell phone) on request in exchange for Child's Play donations over the course of a month or something like that? If such a thing were possible and well advertised, you guys could make a mint for Child's Play! =)

EX: "Joe" wants to bad horse his friend "Carl".

Joe goes to badhorseforchildsplay.org (or something like that =) ), pays with a donation online, and sends you Carl's Cell Phone number. You guys do the bit (and maybe record and post it online for everyone's amusement!), and then the donation gets added to a big "grand total" billboard on the front of the website or something.

Just a thought. =)

I would absolutely do this. Constantly. In fact, I'm going to go do it to someone right now.

Rocket Taco on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    meh...I don't think *everything* is applicable to Child's Play. Half the fun of the Bad Horsing is the surprise factor. Getting it done on demand would just kill it, imo.

edit: Not to mention, taking money for performances of copyrighted material might not go over so well, even for charity.

I suppose that's true... though it would be a surprise for the other person! Like in the example, Joe wouldn't be surprised, but Carl would. =) But you're probably right though.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I suppose that's true... though it would be a surprise for the other person! Like in the example, Joe wouldn't be surprised, but Carl would. =) But you're probably right though.

If you do it ahead of time like that there would be the logistics of then finding Joe out on the floor.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ohh, I was picturing more like something done between PAXes rather than at PAX itself... like they'd do it in December, and do it all online. Just brainstorming. =)=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This seriously wasn't meant to be a meme. It was just a stupid idea I had that I thought would be fun.

That is how the best memes start.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    This seriously wasn't meant to be a meme. It was just a stupid idea I had that I thought would be fun.

That is how the best memes start.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

it'd be more funny if you could get people's cell #s (this doesn't work as well for VIPs, I guess) and call them, then when they pick up have the Bad Horse Chorus appear behind them and start singing.

Alternatively, you could have the "delivery guy" near them, have *his* phone ring then pass it and say "It's for you" and then the chorus pops up when they take it and say Hello?

HAHAHAHAHAH

That's almost word for word what one of the ideas the four of us were throwing at each other on Sunday before the G&T hit.

As far as next year goes, we'll have to see how much Dr. H is in the limelight. If it's deemed to be old, it won't be fun as much as it will be annoying.

However, I will start something now, if anyone wants to be apart of next year's prank in anyway (ideas, participation, etc.) please let me know. I want to start compiling a list of possible volunteers.

VT: If you can figure out the logistics of performing copyrighted material for charity, I'm sure the group of us would be more than willing to do this.

Come to think of it, I DO have Felicia Day's email, I can see if she has a connection with Joss and see what he thinks

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If you really wanted to do it for charity, you could get the celebrities to PAY YOU to Bad Horse OTHER celebrities!!!

also, I will volunteer to help. I can take pictures, or videos!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'd be game for participating, but only if you guys need more physical people than that core group (you three singers and Sake) to pull off whatever you want to do next year... I wouldn't want to mess with the fantastic equation if at all possible! You guys did an electric job with it! =)

I'd definitely be up for helping to brainstorm ideas though, if any brainstorming ends up being needed. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If I can get to PAX next year I would love to be part of anything you guys do.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'd be game for participating, but only if you guys need more physical people than that core group (you three singers and Sake) to pull off whatever you want to do next year... I wouldn't want to mess with the fantastic equation if at all possible! You guys did an electric job with it! =)

I'd definitely be up for helping to brainstorm ideas though, if any brainstorming ends up being needed. =)

THe funny thing is...that it was all online planning. Prox didn't join until about a week or two out iirc. We really only ran through the song twice before going to the expo.

That's why I'm trying to keep it easy and less complicated

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wow, that's awesome! You guys did such a good job, I felt sure that you guys had done a bunch of rehearsing or something. I mean, it was truly impressive to see. =)

Also, if you could get the Okay from Joss Wheadon to do it for charity, that would possibly be the greatest thing ever! =) I'll definitely help in whatever way I can with that... web hosting, whatever. As far as assistance goes, I can do backend help wherever needed! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So why is this not on Joystiq, and Kotaku etc. yet

come on lets make this famous so that if we do a charity thing we can have the most people donating

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    It hit wired and another site. Has this not been put on Digg yet?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited September 2008
    It's been on Digg, what other site other than wired?

JonnyNero on
This discussion has been closed.