As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAACBT:R2, New List in OP

• Options
    Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wait so, I feel kind of stupid asking this but, can we still register, or no? If not thats cool, I'm just wondering.

Because if we can...

Chop Logic on
  • Options
    CatnipCatCatnipCat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Chop Logic wrote:
    Wait so, I feel kind of stupid asking this but, can we still register, or no? If not thats cool, I'm just wondering.

Because if we can...

I don't see why not. It's not like the tournament has started yet. If by some bizarre twist of fate it is too late, you can always jump on Team Catnip if you want.

CatnipCat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't know if I can stand to wait much longer!

The suspense is killing me!

Oh the excitement!!

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Prologue comic has been officially finished and...well, set your socks status to rocked.

...if whippy would just hurry and make the sub-forum already...

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yay! Can I come out of the woodwork now?

Like a little bug?

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    niklixniklix Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Can I come out, too? There's spiders in here.

And termites....

...that are trying to sell me drugs. :cry:

niklix on
    gorga curueahelda'kshamin
  • Options
    Lewis RiceLewis Rice Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    TODK - And get squished by my foot? :D

Lewis Rice on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sin would be the kind of bug that's seventeen foot tall, chitters supersonically, makes holes big enough to park a truck in, and kills a lot of space marines.

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sin would be the kind of bug that's seventeen foot tall, chitters supersonically, makes holes big enough to park a truck in, and kills a lot of space marines.

I saw one of those out on the front lawn the other day. Pesky, giant, winter bugs. At least they do eat the other insects, so I can't really complain.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Buckwolfe wrote:

I saw one of those out on the front lawn the other day. Pesky, giant, winter bugs. At least they do eat the other insects, so I can't really complain.

You saw a seventeen foot tall bug or are you just really tiny?

Prospicience on
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Can it be both??

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Buckwolfe wrote:
    Can it be both??
    Are you traveling at the speed of light?

niklix on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sending a third PM now.

I've been on AIM as much as possible to try to catch Whippy when he's online. It seems he's been taking a break from the forums for a bit. The PM I sent Alpha about half a year ago is still unread too, so no help there.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    JoeMushashiJoeMushashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    this thread is both long and huge

I do like the whole concept of the arty battle thing though so I'm totally wanting to take part whenever it materialises, if I may

JoeMushashi on
  • Options
    supergluesuperglue Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

I do like the whole concept of the arty battle thing though so I'm totally wanting to take part whenever it materialises, if I may

I think you're a bit late to the party...

superglue on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    superglue wrote:

I think you're a bit late to the party...

I didn't hear last call! One more for the road!

niklix on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

You aren't too late, but I highly suggest getting your entry in quickly. Like within a week quick.

Right now we're just waiting on admin to open up our playground before we crack this open. Everything else is ready to go.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hey EnerJak! Let's fight. That One's gonna appear right on top of you and start Doc-Ocking all over the place. I wanna get something rolling.

niklix on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    EnerJak might or might not be here ):

But I'm always up for a friendly 'spar'

..... :twisted:

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    You'll just summon a demon and throw them a few kilometers. :D

Lewis Rice on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    EnerJak might or might not be here ):

But I'm always up for a friendly 'spar'

..... :twisted:

Don't do it! You'll have nightmares!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I have power issues with Sin ):

Gotta tone her down a bit, she was sort of a spur of a moment character drawn from several sources. I have her character more fleshed out now, but she needs to be a tad less powerful.

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yes, spar! That one want spar with silly belt lady!

niklix on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Go right ahead and make the first attack then. :)

I'll probably be able to reply fairly quickly since I have a wacom now.

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yes, I'm looking forward to fighting you, TODK. Your great at drawing and your character is a character that won't go down easy against my character. I kept thinking up huge epic stories to go with the fights, but by the time I'm finished it would be to late.

Lewis Rice on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Characters with any level of power are fine so long as you know how to use them.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    CatnipCatCatnipCat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Not according to Celeste:
    All characters must be sensible. Busting out Gojira or Unicron may be a hands-down way to “beat” your opponent, but it just ain’t creative. Most of the greatest fights to go down in AC history were between mere mortals with some slight “abilities” whether they be 733T ninja skillz or having a genie rammed up their arse. Along with that, try to keep your character within, oh let’s say, 15 ft and half a ton dry weight.

CatnipCat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    supergluesuperglue Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    having a genie rammed up their arse.

DMAC?

superglue on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Exactly. So long as you know how to use them properly, powerful characters are fine.

And with "use them properly" I mean "disregard everyone's limits completely for humorous effect."

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    Here's the word, folks, so listen up. There will be no external (meaning separate from the AC) battle forum. The over organization and length of time that the battles took last year seemed to create a great deal of apathy for the battle forum. Lack of involvement and lack of effort has thus prevented this new version being created as the current vision stands.

Here is the new proposed version that we will be continuing onward with. We will be doing away with the over organization. There will be some basic ground rules for the battles that we all understand already. Things like no killing with a bullet to the head straight off, being as creative as possible and putting forth a good effort are going to remain. However, the rigidness of it all is going to be done away with.

We will not have a million bloody battle threads either unless a single battle becomes so epic that it deserves its own thread. In that case, the battle will be split off into its own topic for it to continue onward. I think that about covers it for now. A new battle thread will be created and stickied. If there are any objections then voice them now and they may be considered.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Might get a tad chaotic, but cool. How are we going to vote and/or get the ground rules out there?

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    CamCam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm just wondering then, does this mean we get like a rolling submission deadline or something? Because I am fucking busy as hell lately, but I would really like to participate.

Cam on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Whatever gets the battle started. Lets Dooooo eet!

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man, sad to see it's going to be in such a reduced form this time. :( Plus this will be insanely hard to follow for the first few rounds, and it's going to make voting hell. I'd prefer a subforum of some kind or at least more than one thread. But if the only way to do it is this way then so be it.

Although having it in the AC itself might allow for some more attention, it kinda dropped off after a while last time.

Wait, what do you mean by "We will be doing away with the over organization." are we going to lose the tournament style system? With voting and rounds and all that? Because if this means the thing will turn into a glorified Battle Thread with no real organisation whatsoever :v:

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I was rather looking forward to that ):

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So we were waiting around all this time just to be told we can't have a proper tournament as it was done last time? I guess all those empty threads last time were a big waste, and not nearly enough people cared about it. Yet we have the Writers Block and a PAX forum that must be nearly as stagnant? :?

At this point I've done a few hundred pages of concepts and practice, too much effort for it all to amount to nothing. Just make this happen in some fashion, hell a continuous string of battles and pages and all chat confined to this thread if necessary- just really needs to happen in some sense so I can move onto other projects.

Maybe there is some other place that would be more receptive and accomodating to the battle tourney if its such a bother? Doesn't Anthrax have some other board?

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Personally, I don't see what the problem is. I think we can have an awesome tourniment reguardless of the peramiters. The thing we all want is to get the rules out there so we can start 'er up. We can swort out the pieces when we're done blowing them up.

niklix on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited January 2007
    Man, just pick a fight and go with it.

Thats how these should work. Structure just ends up in disappointment.

bombardier on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Whatever gets the battle started. Lets Dooooo eet!

I'm with him, I'm just going to suck it up and get started. I'm sure your going to have some rules to keep it organized so it won't be to chaotic. Just get it going.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    bombardier wrote:
    Man, just pick a fight and go with it.

Thats how these should work. Structure just ends up in disappointment.

But it didn't last time. Sure, a lot of people dropped out, but we got to the end. It worked.

I don't understand this "don't even try because you're going to be disappointed" mentality.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
This discussion has been closed.