As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-Pax Breakfast (Pike Place) NOW WITH PICS!

12345679»

• Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I was at 6th & Pike at 9 AM and there were geeks there, but no coherent group. Figured I'd head to Pike's Place on my own, maybe see someone there.

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Heyyyy felllas!

We're coming down to 6th and Pike in like 30 mins.

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Options
    MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hi everyone! It was SO AWESOME meeting you all! Thanks to all that came. We had a great turnout! There were probably at leat 70 kick-ass gamers walking down to Pike together! I took some pics and will post them later this week. Thanks for the great event!

MR.T on
  • Options
    waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh man, those crumpets were so delicious. I had the green eggs and ham, ohhhhh so good. And then, I had one with almond butter and honey, which was just...heavenly. mmmm

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    katherine_84fkatherine_84f Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sucks that we had to miss it, but didn't even get done with hotel/dinner until 1AM. No way was I going to get everyone up and out by 9. When we did get out (10, 10:30) we saw a lot of PAXers walking back, so I feel almost like I was part of it! Next year, it's all crumpets all the time.

katherine_84f on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No worries!

Ooh, next year, join us for all you can eat waffles! They is good waffles!

(Though I must admit, the fruit-flavored ones are better than the pecan ones in my opinion... the pecans made them really dry tasting... but that's just nitpicking on my part =) )

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This is one of a few events the PAX train's very late arrival caused me not to attend. Aparently I slept through the alarm, and one of my friends just shut it off. I probably needed the extra sleep anyway, the train is awesome but it wears you out.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There were about 30-40 of us at the place with the all you can eat waffles on Friday morning. I know I saw VThornheart there, as well as Sobjw, The_Reflection, a British lady with a little baby hand, and a bunch of other people I didn't know/recognize.

Next year, I think it would be better if we organized this a little more, and also maybe if we planned a restaurant in advance and made a reservation. I kind of felt bad for the place we went - they clearly weren't expecting us, none of us were really in charge, and people kept trickling in, in groups of 4-10 demanding more seating. It would be nice if we could call the place a month ahead of time and say, "We want all you can eat waffles for 70 people, we'll be there around 10:00."

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I went there for breakfast every morning (except monday) :P It was yum.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    katherine_84fkatherine_84f Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No worries!

Ooh, next year, join us for all you can eat waffles! They is good waffles!

(Though I must admit, the fruit-flavored ones are better than the pecan ones in my opinion... the pecans made them really dry tasting... but that's just nitpicking on my part =) )

They weren't the infamous bacon waffles, were they?

katherine_84f on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nay, I think... I think that's something else, something I've yet to find. Though I will be looking (possibly in horror =) ) =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    When I got down to Pike's Place, I ran into a few Button brigaders and forumers, but wasn't sure if they were actually part of the Breakfast meet-up or just friends doing some sightseeing. I ended up going my own way. Lurking on the forums is one thing. Lurking on the edge of a crowd of strangers IRL, well....

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I hope everyone had as good a time as I did! I purposely kept this event casual. I wanted people to be able to come or not as they please. It was awesome walking down there together and everyone was able to choose whatever food they wanted. I also didn't want to deal with registering people and handling their changing schedules etc. I thought we were pretty conspicuous for late-comers. 8-) I talked to some folks at Pike and they said that, though they didn't expect us, they are used to rushes like that.

Sadly, I won't be at PAX next year, maybe in 2010, though. If anyone wants to take on this beast and make it a yearly event, please step forward.

MR.T on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Arco wrote: »
    There were about 30-40 of us at the place with the all you can eat waffles on Friday morning; a British lady with a little baby hand

That was me!! Minus the tiara - I didn't want to walk around Seattle wearing it, but by Saturday morning, I'd got over it, and wore it for the rest of the weekend!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Aye, I'm with you on that LPM: I didn't wear my cookie box during the run up to PAX, even though it was a bit heavy to carry, because I knew the "normal people" of the outside world wouldn't understand. =) Luckily, PAX goers are much more accepting of tiaras, or strapping giant boxes to one's self for the most part. =)

So have you recovered completely yet LPM? How're you guys doing?

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Pictures! Get em while they're hot!

l_4edfe2bfd751d80d213b7a13ba8e7566.jpg

l_efda2b92856ba884740597d19592680c.jpg

l_4e87f5533884cc775c625bdc43dc7e92.jpg

l_189707b2bf1bcdc2c38591c026e09f13.jpg

l_f5e211ff2c40c1e5fdf74e9d1ff130d8.jpg

l_e5b7fc4bd83e13e91dce55ca8e6d8545.jpg

l_c8adb6739479cf48d6fbd08253b80b70.jpg

l_d766c03bd9e3d2fcca90adbab0a0a934.jpg

l_452251983ad5d985601caa98c2e92a7b.jpg

l_219298502c25c75d40dba093a693c003.jpg

l_f7f7196a1bc8971fa03d1c0f9da7edeb.jpg

l_d17eee9a1ef2ade1b6e2171c68121e93.jpg

MR.T on
  • Options
    litjrzygrllitjrzygrl Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yea Pics! I even see myself in one or two of them. I've been lazy otherwise I'd have my pictures up for all to see

litjrzygrl on
    I cannot live with out books. - Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll throw some pics down too of the other group that didn't go to Crumpets.
    n591274049_1378957_4218.jpg
    n591274049_1378958_4516.jpg
    n591274049_1378959_4803.jpg
    n591274049_1378961_5400.jpg
    n591274049_1378962_5697.jpg
    n591274049_1378964_6295.jpg
    n591274049_1378966_6607.jpg

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll throw some pics down too of the other group that didn't go to Crumpets.

woo! My hair is rockin, and my smirk is...smirkin

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    n591274049_1378966_6607.jpg

Yes. I am the guy with eggs in his mouth.

Yes.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nay, I think... I think that's something else, something I've yet to find. Though I will be looking (possibly in horror =) ) =)

That'd be The Original Pancake House, home of the bacon waffle (and location of last year's Pre-PAX Breakfast). They aren't the prettiest breakfast consumable, but they are among the tastiest I've found.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I know we're still a ways off, but hopefully someone will step forward to take this event over next year. It's a really easy event to organize, you just pick a meeting place and a time. I'd love to see this be a yearly event. I won't make it next year, but in future years I will and by damn I want to eat at Pike's with PAXers again! :lol:

MR.T on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Me and my two clan mates went to Bacco after searching Pike Place for like 10 minutes for some place to get a
    breakfast meal. I had sausage and eggs with lemonade and they both had french toast made with some
    super wheaty type of bread that I would never eat (I don't DO wheat).

The food was great and I would love to eat there again.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited September 2008

That'd be The Original Pancake House, home of the bacon waffle (and location of last year's Pre-PAX Breakfast). They aren't the prettiest breakfast consumable, but they are among the tastiest I've found.

Ohh, it's bits of bacon! I don't know why, but for some reason that seems more palletable than what I'd originally imagined in my mind when I heard it. (I imagined like a pancake sandwich with strips of bacon in the middle... which disturbed me for psychological food reasons apparently. ;) )

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    *LOL* VT, a pancake sandwich with bacon in the middles sound perversly appealing! ;-)

MR.T on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sounds like a McGriddle.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Aye, McGriddles sound horrible to me as well. Ick =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    McGriddles are like mana from God.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    TalisonTalison Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So cool to see pics and actually recognize faces now! Had a real blast so thank you all for being such cool people. I wish PAX happened more often :(

Talison on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I must confess that McDonalds' breakfast is a guilty pleasure of mine. Do I have to say a few Hail Ronalds now? ;-)

MR.T on
  • Options
    LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    personally, i'm kind of happy i went and got some peroshky for my pre-pax breakfast... couldn't help but break the norms here ^^;

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Peroshky is excellent, but I must say I think I found a gem with what I think is called Sisters Sandwich Shop, in Post Alley. Holy crap do they make an excellent upscale breakfast sandwich....thing.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I actually ate at Pike's a few more times. The Three Sisters Bakery was delicious. I had a boyesberry danish made with fresh berries! I also tried out Chowders and it was very good. I wanted to do Pieroszki but the line was super long when I finally found it. :(

MR.T on
This discussion has been closed.