As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The PAX 2008 Mouse

NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
During PAX last weekend, I purchased the new PAX 2008 edition Razer Death Adder mouse with 3G sensor and kung fu action grip, plus a stock and a compass and this thing that tells time. I've been using it for the past few days, and it's an outstanding mouse. This is the first Razer mouse I've ever owned-- previously, I've been using a Logitech MX400 laser mouse; and before that, a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. Both are excellent mice, very comfortable and robust, but I already prefer the Razer to either of those. It's very well-made, very comfortable to use, very precise with more software options than any other mouse I've used-- but what I love most about it are the buttons, not just the left- and right-click, not just the Internet buttons on the side, but also the mouse wheel. It's the first mouse I've used where clicking and holding the wheel button feels like something the creators actually expected you would want to do.

The true test of the new mouse came last night, when a pack of furious zebras broke into my house and attempted to steal it. I held the mouse aloft, its PAX08 logo began to glow, and I was suddenly transformed into Jeanne D'ork. An intense light filled the room, and the zebras were consumed instantly, their ashes coalescing into a small sphere of which I then disposed in a nearby trash can. That's Razer quality right there.

Nijhazer on

• seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The Razer DA is sort of the promo whore of their mouse line. I have one with the Guild Wars logo on it and have to agree that it is a decent mouse. I wasn't too keen on the colors (or the price) but I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Ex

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I was very interested in the PAX mouse until I saw it.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I bought it. It's my first ever gaming mouse. I dunno, I had a standard optical mouse before. The one that came with my Dell. I can't tell a huge difference between the two. But I really love the glowy X. The black has already started to get dirty though. Overall I'm happy with the purchase. I had been looking to get a new mouse anyway.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Rocket TacoRocket Taco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm not sure what's up with your scrollwheels... the only mouse I've ever used that had roll problems while clicking was a little laptop job about a quarter of the size of my fist, and I'm pretty sure it didn't even have a scrollwheel button.

I've never understood exactly what people love so much about Razers though. Every time I've tried one I've wished for my MX518.

Rocket Taco on
  • NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I actually think it looks really great. The black-and-blue color scheme works well enough, and the glowing X in the PAX logo is a nice touch.
    I'm not sure what's up with your scrollwheels... the only mouse I've ever used that had roll problems while clicking was a little laptop job about a quarter of the size of my fist, and I'm pretty sure it didn't even have a scrollwheel button.

Well, I was referring to using the wheel as a button. Scrolling has been great on every mouse I've used, but I frequently use the wheel itself as a button when opening new tabs in Firefox and such. This mouse wheel feels considerably less stiff and narrow than the wheels on previous mice I've used, which I personally like.

Nijhazer on
This discussion has been closed.