As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lost items :(

tsaiwes99tsaiwes99 Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
Hi everyone!

First of all, I am really enjoying my time at PAX this year. It is the second time I've been here. However, while waiting in line for the Wizard movie, which is located in front of the Wolfman theatre, my backpack and swag bag has went missing after I went away checking out nearby Rock Band sets for a few minutes.

I thought it would be ok, because I left it with friends, but the line started moving, and after they moved about a yard forward, looking back about a minute later, both of the bags were gone.

I'm sure hope of getting anything back is slim, seeming the bag and backpack were very likely taken on purpose, but if anyone sees a black backpack with the word "Tracker" printed all over that is lying around PAX, please return it to the lost and found. It would be greatly appreciated.

The contents in the backpack include: a Psp, DS, iPod, my wallet along with all my ID, about $200, my brown sweater, my house keys, and some other stuff. I'm just glad I left my passport in my hotel, so I can at least go back to Vancouver.

Thanks,

Wesley Tsai

skuimage_large_3577_56.jpg

tsaiwes99 on

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    That sucks. Sorry to hear that. I'll keep my eyes open tomorrow though.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    wow, what a nightmare. i really hope you find your stuff.

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • Options
    GoogalashGoogalash Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Check with the info both by registration. It is the small booth to the left. They may have it or at a min can make sure the enforcers are on the look out for it.

Googalash on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I may have misplaced, of all things, a Garmin GPS unit. It's not very compact.

Best of luck to the original poster.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    jdempcyjdempcy Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    After paying for a ticket with my debit card, I accidentally left it on the counter at the registration table ... I guess I can just cancel the card but wanted to check if anyone has found it. Where is the official PAX lost and found, and does anyone have a phone number or email adddress I can use to see if they found it?

Thanks in advance,
    -Jonah

jdempcy on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    jdempcy wrote: »
    After paying for a ticket with my debit card, I accidentally left it on the counter at the registration table ... I guess I can just cancel the card but wanted to check if anyone has found it. Where is the official PAX lost and found, and does anyone have a phone number or email adddress I can use to see if they found it?

Thanks in advance,
    -Jonah

Right to the left of the registration booth is a smaller desk which is the info booth. They are handleing lost and found there.

Googalash on
  • Options
    tsaiwes99tsaiwes99 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Really appreciate the support guys! Just wanted to post a little update.

So, this morning, I checked the lost and found once more, and was only able to recover my wallet, which was missing everything that was in it, other than my driver's license, bank card, and student ID. The other stuff that was in my backpack were still all missing.

All that aside, PAX was really fun and enjoyable. I especially loved the Q&A panels, Gabe and Tycho were both hilarious! Definitely coming back next year, and definitely going to remember to take good care of my stuff!

tsaiwes99 on
  • Options
    Altima NEOAltima NEO Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man that really sucks. That was one of my biggest fears, theft.

Sorry to hear about that.

Altima NEO on
  • Options
    Raptor007Raptor007 Seattle, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I "lost" a DS power charger, but I'm pretty sure someone took it (either stole it, or just a mistake). I had it plugged in next to my PC in the BYOC area when they were closing on Saturday, and it was gone when I came Sunday at about noon.

In this case it wasn't a big deal, since I had 3 of those things. Whoever took it probably needed it more than me. :P But I still felt it was lame that they took it.

(I was in BYOC row F, 2nd spot from the wall.)

That really sucks about all the stuff in your bag though. I really don't understand how people can steal things like that; don't they think about the impact on the person they're taking it from?

Raptor007 on
    7nDuqUj.png
  • Options
    WVIWVI Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    I lost my trusty Snakes on a Plane shirt. Don't suppose anyone saw a black shirt lying around...

WVI on
  • Options
    InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That really sucks...I am really lucky though...I left my car unlocked Friday...left it for 5 or 6 hours...nothing gone.

I did have a game of monopoly in the back seat...a few books...windows vista in the glovebox (don't ask) and nothing was gone when I got back. Maybe they saw vista and just left...but I doubt it...

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • Options
    PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That really sucks...I am really lucky though...I left my car unlocked Friday...left it for 5 or 6 hours...nothing gone.

I did have a game of monopoly in the back seat...a few books...windows vista in the glovebox (don't ask) and nothing was gone when I got back. Maybe they saw vista and just left...but I doubt it...

Hmm... Vista security systems? :P

Anyway, to the OP, that sucks. And it sucks even more that everything in your wallet except those few things were gone. I'm pretty sure I didn't lose anything, but I guess I'll find out for sure sometime later...

Psychoish on
  • Options
    KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh man, I'm really sorry to everybody. A little true story on my account though: I had lost my camera at Sakuracon, and I was venting about it on Facebook. Well, a friend of mine said a friend of her's found a camera, and recognized my face in it. When she described the camera, I realized it was mine! And she returned it to me. So, perhaps hope is not lost. Then again, my camera wasn't deliberately stolen. Still, who knows? GL!

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
  • Options
    babelfishbabelfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I lost a camera at PAX 07. Pretty sure it just slipped out of my shorts pocket while I was laying on a Sumo. Oh well.

And to Raptor: That sucks. I had a $300 pair of headphones hooked up to my computer all weekend, and was definitely a bit worried about those.

babelfish on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That's horrific, I was living out of my bag, and the thought of having that stolen was my biggest fear too. Hopefully you get your id and cards sorted out, and maybe some of your larger items will get covered by theft insurance.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    3or4monsters3or4monsters Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    OP: Sorry bud, I hoped that this thread was about the bag I found, but afraid not.

The one I found was underneath the empty seat next to me right after the Family Feud panel and before Q&A #2. It was a black leather bag with socks and clothing inside (sorry, didn't dig through it too much, we were in a hurry), it kind of looked like an oversized laptop bag, no fold-over flap, just zippered across the top. It was near the back, on the right side of the theater. I gave it to one of the enforcers near the doors. I hope it made it's way back to whoever it belonged to.

3or4monsters on
  • Options
    Soda241Soda241 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That really sucks, I never let my bag out of my sight i might have set it down but it was between my legs, i hate carry around bags but i really hate i lost mine, hopeful you find it!

Soda241 on
  • Options
    flashy mcTitsflashy mcTits Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    they were so nice to return your wallet to lost and found after emptying it

flashy mcTits on
  • Options
    LaFemmeNaKittyLaFemmeNaKitty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That is really fucked up! How someone could live with themselves after that is beyond me.... ugh!

LaFemmeNaKitty on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited September 2008
    tsaiwes99 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

First of all, I am really enjoying my time at PAX this year. It is the second time I've been here. However, while waiting in line for the Wizard movie, which is located in front of the Wolfman theatre, my backpack and swag bag has went missing after I went away checking out nearby Rock Band sets for a few minutes.

I thought it would be ok, because I left it with friends, but the line started moving, and after they moved about a yard forward, looking back about a minute later, both of the bags were gone.

I'm sure hope of getting anything back is slim, seeming the bag and backpack were very likely taken on purpose, but if anyone sees a black backpack with the word "Tracker" printed all over that is lying around PAX, please return it to the lost and found. It would be greatly appreciated.

The contents in the backpack include: a Psp, DS, iPod, my wallet along with all my ID, about $200, my brown sweater, my house keys, and some other stuff. I'm just glad I left my passport in my hotel, so I can at least go back to Vancouver.

Thanks,

Wesley Tsai

skuimage_large_3577_56.jpg

Hi, Wesley - I noticed the backpack in our lost and found - not sure if everything is in there, but I'll take a look the second i get back to the office. Thanks.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Awesome! It sounds like there may be a good ending to this story! I'll keep my fingers crossed... hopefully everything's still in there and intact!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hooray for Khoo :D

Googalash on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All Hail Khoo!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The one I found was underneath the empty seat next to me right after the Family Feud panel and before Q&A #2. It was a black leather bag with socks and clothing inside (sorry, didn't dig through it too much, we were in a hurry), it kind of looked like an oversized laptop bag, no fold-over flap, just zippered across the top. It was near the back, on the right side of the theater. I gave it to one of the enforcers near the doors. I hope it made it's way back to whoever it belonged to.

You got my hopes up there for a moment, as I lost a bag there, but mine was just a bag from the razor both with some shirts and a fallout viewmaster thing in it. Thankfully nothing that I paid any money for, but I'll miss that Fallout 3 shirt. Hope someone else is enjoying it.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    On a side note. I left my camera in one of the handheld free play areas but it was still there two hours later when I came back to look for it. Sounds like I got lucky.

magiic on
  • Options
    SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    KHOO's YOUR DADDY!!

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    terrixterrix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I lost my Bully Dodge Ball, or rather it was left in the rental car in a place I didn't put it. Hertz hasn't called me back yet.

Also, before PAX I misplaced my PAX04 shirt I had set aside just for wearing again at this year's PAX. :( Its like proof of membership to an elite club.

terrix on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So someone at the front desk told me that there would be an e-mail address for inquiring the lost and found after the event was over.

Anyone know what that e-mail is?

Schrodinger on
This discussion has been closed.