As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Magnetic

• AlexanderAlexander Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Alexander wrote: »
    I am annoyed at Fred Perry for bringing out two tops that I must have and will therefore end up spending £200 on them next paycheck.

You realize this basically makes you the equivalent of the dyed-blond California stereotype of North American excess who has two hundred pairs of shoes and almost as many handbags, in which she carries her various toy dogs?

No, as I will only have two tops and two is not excessive.

I'm a mod at heart.

Mojo, ignore the German, do not look into his eyes, practise on Haps if needed.

James yes that is the correct amount in USD

Alexander on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am annoyed at Fred Perry for bringing out two tops that I must have and will therefore end up spending £200 on them next paycheck.

You realize this basically makes you the equivalent of the dyed-blond California stereotype of North American excess who has two hundred pairs of shoes and almost as many handbags, in which she carries her various toy dogs?

I'm a mod at heart.

so when you purchase these tops, they will be the only tops you own? you are topless right now? you have no other tops to speak of? i think that is unlikely.

also you are paying 200 dollars for a top, at that point, or 100 pounds. That is excessive, if only because there are surely near-identical tops for lesser prices to be found. I mean, they're tops.

Evil Multifarious on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There’s always Burberry.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've never heard a guy call a shirt a "top."

What is wrong with you people?

Bama on
    edited September 2008

I'm a mod at heart.

so when you purchase these tops, they will be the only tops you own? you are topless right now? you have no other tops to speak of? i think that is unlikely.

also you are paying 200 dollars for a top, at that point, or 100 pounds. That is excessive, if only because there are surely near-identical tops for lesser prices to be found. I mean, they're tops.

They are tops just as a car is a car and we should all buy old bangers but we don't do we. There are lots of items we purchase in life that have cheaper near identical equivalents but we do not purchase them do we.

I'm not buying hundreds of said expensive tops like the blonde paris hilton comparison.

Alexander on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    too much use of the word "top"

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
    edited September 2008
    thats a tip top observation proto.

I might watch Top Gun later, it really is top banana.

Alexander on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    I've never heard a guy call a shirt a "top."

What is wrong with you people?

Just got a visual of Alexander in a halter top

not good

nexuscrawler on
    edited September 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    There’s always Burberry.

Chavs killed it.

Alexander on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

top banana?

what century do you live in?

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
    edited September 2008
    Proto wrote: »

top banana?

what century do you live in?

20th

Alexander on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited September 2008
    evilbob wrote: »

You fucker.

Do you understand what you've done..... do you??????

Alexander on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's a long way to the top... :whistle:

Haphazard on
    edited September 2008

You fucker.

Do you understand what you've done..... do you??????
    You too?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited September 2008
    I think the noise is far worse then the top rampage

Alexander on
    edited September 2008

I'm a mod at heart.

They are tops just as a car is a car and we should all buy old bangers but we don't do we. There are lots of items we purchase in life that have cheaper near identical equivalents but we do not purchase them do we.

I'm not buying hundreds of said expensive tops like the blonde paris hilton comparison.

Clearly our philosophies diverge here. If I were to buy a car - which I wouldn't because having a car where I live is excessive, given the existence of good public transportation and my central living spot - I would buy a cheap one with minimal frills such that it would transport me and my possessions from A to B without breaking down. An old banger would be fine. Generally I do purchase the cheaper, near-identical equivalent, especially with clothing, unless the cheaper equivalent is far less sturdy and thus breaks down in a couple months.

I suppose that if buying expensive shirts is a rare thing, you're not being terribly excessive, though. I just bought a drum set, what can I say?

What is it about these tops that makes them worth 200 bucks, though? I'm curious. Most of the 200 dollar shirts I see online are those awful, awful overpriced shirts with giant obnoxious graphics, like skulls with winged snakes flying out of the eyesockets. And I doubt you'd wear that shit.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited September 2008
    Proto wrote: »
    too much use of the word "top"

intentional.

Evil Multifarious on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is AVG or Comodo Antivirus better? I'm installing Comodo firewall on my computer and I'm wondering if diversity in my protection software is better or to go with vendor homogeneity?

The firewall upgrade is in response to the realization that my uni notebook has a direct internet available IP.

electricitylikesme on
    edited September 2008

I'm a mod at heart.

Clearly our philosophies diverge here. If I were to buy a car - which I wouldn't because having a car where I live is excessive, given the existence of good public transportation and my central living spot - I would buy a cheap one with minimal frills such that it would transport me and my possessions from A to B without breaking down. An old banger would be fine. Generally I do purchase the cheaper, near-identical equivalent, especially with clothing, unless the cheaper equivalent is far less sturdy and thus breaks down in a couple months.

I suppose that if buying expensive shirts is a rare thing, you're not being terribly excessive, though. I just bought a drum set, what can I say?

What is it about these tops that makes them worth 200 bucks, though? I'm curious. Most of the 200 dollar shirts I see online are those awful, awful overpriced shirts with giant obnoxious graphics, like skulls with winged snakes flying out of the eyesockets. And I doubt you'd wear that shit.

Fred Perry is quite a cult brand here with roots in mod culture and therefore is pretty cool, these are the tops in question, I rarely find clothes I like and when I do I buy them regardless of the price, its how I shop really. I don't only buy expensive things, I bought a great owl sweater the other dahy from oxfam for £5. and spending £100 on a top is indeed a rare thing.

These are the tops in question.

http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/fp0036nvy

http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/fp0038ant

Clothes maketh the man.

Alexander on
    edited September 2008
    Is AVG or Comodo Antivirus better? I'm installing Comodo firewall on my computer and I'm wondering if diversity in my protection software is better or to go with vendor homogeneity?

The firewall upgrade is in response to the realization that my uni notebook has a direct internet available IP.

I'm all about AVG

Alexander on
    edited September 2008
    i really like that second one, actually.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited September 2008
    I dislike both of those tops.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited September 2008
    I dislike both of those tops.

but look at how well they fit on the skinny british fellow

wonderful

Evil Multifarious on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    bwap bwap bwap bwaaaaaaa

MikeMan on
    edited September 2008
    Alex is a damn hipster what do ya want

nexuscrawler on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kaspersky or NOD32

no, they're not free

Senjutsu on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I finally got a weekly party at 40C on Ave C between 3rd and 4th.

Anyone who can come should.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2008
    That depends Pods can you get free booze

nexuscrawler on
    edited September 2008
    i really like that second one, actually.

:)

Alexander on
    edited September 2008

And get me a private chartered flight?

Alexander on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I will have drink tickets to hand out.

But, as is common practice, those almost always go to females.

Unless you're giving up the butt, Nexy baby.

In that case, I will be buying your drinks all night.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2008
    I wish I was in the states, only to buy forties though.

Alexander on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    40 oz to freedom olo

MikeMan on
    edited September 2008
    I wish I was in the states, only to buy forties though.

O E?

FO OH?

FO SHO

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    40 oz to freedom olo

hi5!

Alexander on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Was that second shirt 100 POUNDS?!

What the fuck, that t-shirt better woven with solid gold threads or something.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Was that second shirt 100 POUNDS?!

What the fuck, that t-shirt better woven with solid gold threads or something.

Yes, no.

Alexander on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ah, the first one was tooooooo

I also see that is point was already addressed, that's what I get for posting right as a wake up without skimming the thread.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2008
    Good morning Inquisitor!

Its only 4pm here but I feel like a nap.

Alexander on
This discussion has been closed.