As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The First Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Photos On Page 14)

14567810»

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Here is my hastily thrown together photo album on Facebook. I didn't get a chance to take as many photos as I wanted to as I was very busy the whole time. You'll also notice there's nothing past Barca as I was pretty gone by that point. Enjoy!

Atlus Parker on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Here is my hastily thrown together photo album on Facebook. I didn't get a chance to take as many photos as I wanted to as I was very busy the whole time. You'll also notice there's nothing past Barca as I was pretty gone by that point. Enjoy!

Actually, that last picture you have is from The Chapel, as you can see your hand taking the picture in ArcticXC's second-to-last picture, above.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    slacktron wrote: »

Actually, that last picture you have is from The Chapel, as you can see your hand taking the picture in ArcticXC's second-to-last picture, above.

Ah you're right. I don't remember taking it.

Atlus Parker on
  • samuelhgarfieldsamuelhgarfield Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The Chapel that you speak of was quite a place, from what I remember.
    Here's a hint: don't show up late for the tournament if you don't want Headmaster Atlus to make you do extra credit work. The "two shots at once" challenge was akin to trying to chug gasoline. The Headmaster must have noticed my face turning a sickening shade of viridian, because he bought me a chaser that kept my throat from spontaneously combusting. Hail the mercy of Gryffindor.

This was perfect preparation for the four-legged race I got to participate in with Electric Turtle and Asta. It seemed like we must have walked for miles, and ET just about had me convinced that ADOM was superior to Nethack by the end of it. Heresy! But sweet, sweet gaming nerd-speak. How rarely I get to indulge in such during my normal life.

Hey James! It was nice meeting you at the crawl! Thanks for the double shot, as horrifyingly vomitocious as it was! Then again, now that I think about it, the horror was half the fun... I hope you had a good PAX.

samuelhgarfield on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This was perfect preparation for the four-legged race I got to participate in with Electric Turtle and Asta. It seemed like we must have walked for miles, and ET just about had me convinced that ADOM was superior to Nethack by the end of it. Heresy! But sweet, sweet gaming nerd-speak. How rarely I get to indulge in such during my normal life.

Holy crap! You were that masked man who helped ET get me back in his car! :P The last thing I remember was finishing off my Chloie martini and then waking up at home the next day wondering where my car was. I had a FUCKING BLAST! Thanks for your help, Slacktron. :)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The "two shots at once" challenge was akin to trying to chug gasoline. The Headmaster must have noticed my face turning a sickening shade of viridian, because he bought me a chaser that kept my throat from spontaneously combusting. Hail the mercy of Gryffindor.

Hey James! It was nice meeting you at the crawl! Thanks for the double shot, as horrifyingly vomitocious as it was! Then again, now that I think about it, the horror was half the fun... I hope you had a good PAX.

Sam! I must apologize for making you drink that horrible mix of vodka and rum. Honest to God, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Last I saw of you, you were hugging four women at once.
    triwiz_sam_ladies.jpg

How did that work out for you, buddy?

Re: Atlus. Not remembering The Chapel seems to be a recurring theme. Last bar on the crawl or evil spell?

Re: Astayonix. You're quite welcome. The oddest thing about that was that we got asked for change twice and one guy asked for a light for his funny-looking cigarette. What, is two men dragging a staggering female between them some kind of neon sign for "ask me for assistance!" in late night Seattle?

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Last bar of the night for group A. :lol:

Atlus Parker on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Re: Astayonix. You're quite welcome. The oddest thing about that was that we got asked for change twice and one guy asked for a light for his funny-looking cigarette. What, is two men dragging a staggering female between them some kind of neon sign for "ask me for assistance!" in late night Seattle?

That area of town is called Capital Hill. I went to school there for 3 years while in college and lived there the entire time. It's a well known place for homeless youth (hence the panhandling) and drugs (hence the wacky tobaccy). They approach people all the time.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    By the end of the night Atlus kept yelling "THIS WAS A TRIUMPH! THIS WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!"

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, I'm just sad that I missed out on this. Dang 4 hours delay on the PAXtrain =P. Next year though!

waffleboi9 on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oooh... waffleboi9, your comment just gave me an idea.

What if the trips intentionally came a day earlier than they currently do? Like to catch all of the Pre-PAX stuff? Just tossing the idea out there, I don't know if it'd be practical or not. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Missing this due to late paxtrain was my biggest disappointment of the con, followed swiftly by losing my fallout 3 shirt about an hour after I got it. Bumping the trips up a day would raise the cost by a hell of a lot, so I doubt you'd get the whole crew - and splitting into two groups goes against the spirit of the people's paxtrain. It is tempting though. The only sightseeing I got to do was looking up at the space needle from the monorail on the way to dinner on sunday.

SlickShughes on
  • Dionysos911Dionysos911 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This was a great night. Though I fared far better than the friends I went with. One of them even cast some spells on the side of the cab on the way home. My only regret is not at least getting some number from the bachelorette party at the Chapel.

Dionysos911 on
  • samuelhgarfieldsamuelhgarfield Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Last I saw of you, you were hugging four women at once.
    triwiz_sam_ladies.jpg

How did that work out for you, buddy?

Hah, pleasantly. I was walking to my bus stop to see if I missed my bus while they walked to get hot dogs and we split once we got to Broadway. Nothing too exciting.

samuelhgarfield on
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Just got my pics up - Behold: The Mysteriouwonderous Underjourney of Group B!
    Group B's First Stop - The Cathedral
    111Wisconsinattle151.jpg

Doing the Norwegian Ridgeback - 151 and Goldshlagger. Tasted as good as it sounds.
    111Wisconsinattle153.jpg

Shots without hands. Not pictured: me pussying out and drinking a B52 via straw
    111Wisconsinattle156.jpg

No shot left behind.
    111Wisconsinattle157.jpg

A champion emerges.
    111Wisconsinattle161.jpg

PAX People are good people.
    111Wisconsinattle163.jpg

Good thing I got this on camera, seeing that no one else would ^^;
    111Wisconsinattle164.jpg

eBay Drinker Feedback: A+++ would drink with again
    111Wisconsinattle168.jpg

Skipping off to happy land
    111Wisconsinattle169.jpg

Is is me, or is it weird that our generation is old enough to drink?
    111Wisconsinattle171.jpg

Double Touchdowns at Cafe Met
    111Wisconsinattle174.jpg

I would not cross her, for she is fierce
    111Wisconsinattle177.jpg

Cards complete!
    111Wisconsinattle179.jpg

The decider of our fate
    111Wisconsinattle181.jpg

The Spoils of Victory
    111Wisconsinattle184.jpg

I did not go home empty handed.
    111Wisconsinattle185.jpg

Post Crawl Revelry
    111Wisconsinattle187.jpg

Really, we're all winners.
    111Wisconsinattle189.jpg

The Jubilant Faces of the Triwizard Drinking Tournament
    111Wisconsinattle192.jpg

AltDelete on
    edited September 2008
    Awesome pics!

I haven't really seen too much from group B's perspective.

Atlus Parker on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, as somone who really wanted to attend this event due to love of both the theme and drinking but could not due to train delays (seriously, fuck Oregon), can someone who was there reveal what the challenges were?

SlickShughes on
    edited September 2008
    So, as somone who really wanted to attend this event due to love of both the theme and drinking but could not due to train delays (seriously, fuck Oregon), can someone who was there reveal what the challenges were?
    1. Golbet of Fire: Drink a -bomb type drink (Jager Bomb, Irish Car Bomb, Sake Bomb, etc.)
    2. The Norwegian Ridgeback: Drink a Dragon's Breath (Firewater, 151 proof rum)
    3. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!: Drink a shot with no hands
    4. The Dark Mark: Drink a dark colored beer
    5. Riddle of the Sphinx: Down a shot then answer a trivia question within 15s
    6. The Two Wands: Drink two shots at once
    7. Wizard's Duel: Choose a partner and order shots for eachother. Anything goes (No killing curses)
    Bonus: Wear some sort of wizarding (or witching) attire

Atlus Parker on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So you've got a picture of me with my face completely covered, one with major red-eye action, and another with me looking rather creepy.

Seems about normal.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In the cards complete picture, are those the dudes I asked (for the trivia challenge) if dumbledore is gay? I honestly don't remember that picture or those guys (sorry guys I was pretty drunk)

faits on
    faits.png
  • GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    AltDelete wrote: »
    Just got my pics up - Behold: The Mysteriouwonderous Underjourney of Group B!
    Group B's First Stop - The Cathedral
    111Wisconsinattle151.jpg

Doing the Norwegian Ridgeback - 151 and Goldshlagger. Tasted as good as it sounds.
    111Wisconsinattle153.jpg

Shots without hands. Not pictured: me pussying out and drinking a B52 via straw
    111Wisconsinattle156.jpg

No shot left behind.
    111Wisconsinattle157.jpg

A champion emerges.
    111Wisconsinattle161.jpg

PAX People are good people.
    111Wisconsinattle163.jpg

Good thing I got this on camera, seeing that no one else would ^^;
    111Wisconsinattle164.jpg

eBay Drinker Feedback: A+++ would drink with again
    111Wisconsinattle168.jpg

Skipping off to happy land
    111Wisconsinattle169.jpg

Is is me, or is it weird that our generation is old enough to drink?
    111Wisconsinattle171.jpg

Double Touchdowns at Cafe Met
    111Wisconsinattle174.jpg

I would not cross her, for she is fierce
    111Wisconsinattle177.jpg

Cards complete!
    111Wisconsinattle179.jpg

The decider of our fate
    111Wisconsinattle181.jpg

The Spoils of Victory
    111Wisconsinattle184.jpg

I did not go home empty handed.
    111Wisconsinattle185.jpg

Post Crawl Revelry
    111Wisconsinattle187.jpg

Really, we're all winners.
    111Wisconsinattle189.jpg

The Jubilant Faces of the Triwizard Drinking Tournament
    111Wisconsinattle192.jpg

Shit. Atlus, you should have put me in group B.

I'm the guy in the grey shirt in the last photo.

WIZARDS!

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • M0nk3y523M0nk3y523 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sorry about face-blocking ya, whypick.

I'm still trying to get Anna (the chick doing the boobie shot) to upload her pics from that wonderous night. Once we do, I'll be more then happy to post 'em here.

As for no one remembering the Chapel, remember, it was the first bar for half of us... I'm thinking evil spell.

Now, where them Canadians from Group B at? They were kinda awesome, and had a LOT of camera action going on all night.

M0nk3y523 on
    myspace
    Wii Friend Code: 5730 7685 6843 4615
    SSBB Code: 3909 7563 1956
This discussion has been closed.