As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2005 Update

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2004
    Norcal != Bay Area. Norcal = Redding, Chico, etc. Generally retards.

Well, I have always referred to the Bay Area as Northern California, as have many, many other people. So, while it is, technically, in Central CA, it's known as Northern California. The guys up north should just be cut off from CA and have their own state of stupidity or something.
    Then again, you live in Kirkland now. Home of the largest concentration of white trash in the entire Pacific Northwest.

Nice little jab. :P I don't really care about this place. It's quiet and comfy for me, and it's better than being in Santa Rosa or anywhere near there which is 100x worse than this could ever be.

And, besides, the 'largest concentration of white trash' in the entire Pacific Northwest is just a little speck in comparison to places around you. :P And most of the rest of the places that are east of you.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:

Well, I have always referred to the Bay Area as Northern California, as have many, many other people. So, while it is, technically, in Central CA, it's known as Northern California. The guys up north should just be cut off from CA and have their own state of stupidity or something.
    You mean Jefferson? :P
    Legacy wrote:
    Then again, you live in Kirkland now. Home of the largest concentration of white trash in the entire Pacific Northwest.

Nice little jab. :P I don't really care about this place. It's quiet and comfy for me, and it's better than being in Santa Rosa or anywhere near there which is 100x worse than this could ever be.

And, besides, the 'largest concentration of white trash' in the entire Pacific Northwest is just a little speck in comparison to places around you. :P And most of the rest of the places that are east of you.
    Why in God's name did you move to fucking Kirkland anyways?

Also, there's really not much of anything around me. Desert for miles and miles. Also, msot of the USA is east of me...

Red Machine D on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:

Why in God's name did you move to fucking Kirkland anyways?

Also, there's really not much of anything around me. Desert for miles and miles. Also, msot of the USA is east of me...

I didn't choose it. Things at my house were just getting crazier and crazier since I got robbed for my wallet a bit ago. My mom just got really paranoid and basically went crazy. So, right after I got robbed and noticed things going a bit crazy, I called my brother and talked with him about moving up here with him. I've wanted to live in this area(Seattle) ever since I've visited him a long while ago, so I decided to finally make that change then. Was a good time to do it, too. Either the day I left or the day after, my mom got thrown in jail finally. :| Crazy shit. Oh well. I'm starting on my own soon. Everything behind me. :)

So, like I said, I didn't really choose it specifically. It was either this or staying at home and dealing with whatever the hell happened there. I chose to get out and save myself, basically.

Legacy on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Kirkland isnt all that bad. If you want white trash go take a look at The little places called Sedro wolley, lyman, or buckley :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Almost Live always made fun of Renton.

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2004
    I will stage DDR machines every 3 feet around my booth to keep Red away from me.

FyreWulff on
    edited December 2004
    Andwarf wrote:
    And Mercer Island.

"COPS on Mercer Island" was fucking hilarious. "No, it says HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!"

Red Machine D on
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Andwarf wrote:
    And Mercer Island.

"COPS on Mercer Island" was fucking hilarious. "No, it says HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!"
    Can't forget about Ballard.

Cops in Ballard was one of the funniest things they've ever done.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Gortek MoradinsonGortek Moradinson Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Tacoma Smells. It is the one city that ignores the fresh sea air rule.

Gortek Moradinson on
    singmk2point2.jpgGifLupin_15.gif
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Tacoma Smells.

So does everett. Not as bad as tacoma though but its bad.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited December 2004
    Yeah, tacomas got all that industrial shit going on and they have like huge piles of tree bark and woodchips and stuff.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Barenaked_EnidBarenaked_Enid Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    I didn't choose it. Things at my house were just getting crazier and crazier since I got robbed for my wallet a bit ago. My mom just got really paranoid and basically went crazy. So, right after I got robbed and noticed things going a bit crazy, I called my brother and talked with him about moving up here with him. I've wanted to live in this area(Seattle) ever since I've visited him a long while ago, so I decided to finally make that change then. Was a good time to do it, too. Either the day I left or the day after, my mom got thrown in jail finally. :| Crazy shit. Oh well. I'm starting on my own soon. Everything behind me. :)

So, like I said, I didn't really choose it specifically. It was either this or staying at home and dealing with whatever the hell happened there. I chose to get out and save myself, basically.

That's a lie! You just wanted to be closer to me. :P

Barenaked_Enid on
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:

That's a lie! You just wanted to be closer to me. :P

Well, I've tried my best. :winky:

You should come over again. I got a job. Woo.

And Cathy and I should have an apartment by next month. :D

Legacy on
  • LincolnLincoln Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Ballard is awesome, so show some respect.

But yeah, Renton isn't that nice.

Lincoln on
    edited December 2004
    Tacoma Smells. It is the one city that ignores the fresh sea air rule.
    You think Tacoma smells? You've never been to Camas then. Jesus fuck my nose Christ, that's the worst-smelling town ever.

Red Machine D on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2004
    I've lived in Tacoma my entire life.
    I don't think my nose even works anymore...

Unknown User on
    edited December 2004
    I've lived in Tacoma my entire life.
    I don't think my nose even works anymore...

Can't be worse than Sonoma...

Legacy on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2004
    Does everyone in this forum live on the west coast? :?

-Laurel

Unknown User on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Does everyone in this forum live on the west coast? :?

-Laurel
    Not poor me.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • GT RacerGT Racer Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    GT Racer wrote:
    Thats funny, cause i was in the console room and felt the power of D falling off the ddr machines he cherishes so dearly. irony indeed?
    I watched the "extended edit" of the video again lastnight, and it still hasn't ceased to be funny. Also, when are you braindead NorCals going to realise that "OMG UR FAT AND U FELL OFF DDR" isn't a diss?

When you realize that the guys from 'NorCal' are retards and don't represent the people who are actually from 'NorCal'. :P

Now come on D, that wasn't a fat people diss, dont be so defensive. Especially when you admit yourself it was quite funny.[/quote]
    Actually, us Norcal'rs would love to be cut off from you guys, then we could sell you the water that SoCal gets to steal for free now.

GT Racer on
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2004
    GT Racer wrote:
    Actually, us Norcal'rs would love to be cut off from you guys, then we could sell you the water that SoCal gets to steal for free now.

oh yeah because then we would have some sort of obligation to but water from you... suuuure.

your economy would be fucked and all the other states would laugh at you. even the dakotas

futility on
  • sage_ich_nichtsage_ich_nicht Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Since Robert seems to answer only very slightly in the other topics, i'll quote this list of D here again, so that there is chance of Robert reading it:
    My desires for next year:

Badges and lanyards.
    More signs, less lines.
    Open the main ballroom for the concerts. Have open seating and a pit for moshing/crowdsurfing/stagediving.
    Book the Black Mages.
    Book Machinae Supremacy.
    Get the musical acts from PAX04 back.
    Bring back DDR.
    Truckloads of Bawls.
    More PCs in the Freeplay PC area.
    Casemod contest.
    Scavenger hunt!

bla, and now i'm going to change my signatur

[edit]Signatur change done. And added my avatar.[/edit]

sage_ich_nicht on
    "Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist.
    Children already know that monsters exist.
    Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed."

G. K. Chesterton
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited December 2004
    Thanks for reposting this, Sage. It did in fact slip under my radar.

Badges and lanyards:
    Absolutely. We'll be mailing out registration packets with wristbands for easy entrance to all those that prereg.

More signs, less lines:
    We're tripling the # of seats for the concert/panels.

Open the main ballroom for the concerts. Have open seating and a pit for moshing/crowdsurfing/stagediving:
    Probably no moshpit or stagediving- we really don't want anyone getting hurt. I know it makes us sound like babies, but seriously, our legal defense fund is non-existant.

Book the Black Mages.
    Book Machinae Supremacy.

We're working on getting more acts, but i'm not sure if we can snag either of these two.

Ok.

Bring back DDR.
    Ok.

Truckloads of Bawls.
    Ok.

Ok.

Casemod contest.
    Ok.

Scavenger hunt!
    Ok.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    This is why I love Robert. PAX 05 sounds so good, I might even have to attend :wink:

Älphämönkëy on
    edited December 2004
    Responding to this, my comments in bold red.

Badges and lanyards:
    Absolutely. We'll be mailing out registration packets with wristbands for easy entrance to all those that prereg. Are you sure wristbands will be durable enough for all the wear and tear that will be put on them? I don't know about all of you, but I intend to shower, mouselook, etc. and it takes a pretty durable )nto to mention waterproof) wristband to take all of that.

More signs, less lines:
    We're tripling the # of seats for the concert/panels. Outstanding. Thank you.

Open the main ballroom for the concerts. Have open seating and a pit for moshing/crowdsurfing/stagediving:
    Probably no moshpit or stagediving- we really don't want anyone getting hurt. I know it makes us sound like babies, but seriously, our legal defense fund is non-existant. Good point. What about the open seating?

Book the Black Mages.
    Book Machinae Supremacy.

We're working on getting more acts, but i'm not sure if we can snag either of these two. Not sure about Black Mages, but Machinae Supremacy is just waiting for a gig in North America to play at.

Ok. Sadly to say, one of the guitarists for the Minibosses is no longer with the band. (I met him at his final show a couple weeks ago. Trust me, he has a good reason) However, the new guitarist is quite good, and will not take away from the love.

Bring back DDR.
    Ok. Is beatmania IIDX possible?

Truckloads of Bawls.
    Ok. Wait... truckloads aren't enough. Call in a C-130.

Ok. Lanwerx?

Casemod contest.
    Ok. Stormy is automatically disqualified.

Scavenger hunt!
    Ok. Will it be just in the event center or will it take place outside?

-robert

Red Machine D on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2004

Badges and lanyards:
    Absolutely. We'll be mailing out registration packets with wristbands for easy entrance to all those that prereg. Are you sure wristbands will be durable enough for all the wear and tear that will be put on them? I don't know about all of you, but I intend to shower, mouselook, etc. and it takes a pretty durable )nto to mention waterproof) wristband to take all of that.

-robert

Wristbands are surprisingly durable, they use them at the amusement park I work at and even during the summer with the thousands of people that went to the water park there, there were only a few dozen cases of them coming off(which, if they kept it they would replace it free, assuming they didnt lose it in the water...which shouldnt be a problem at PAX...) which usually resulted from stupid parents and/or kids putting them on wrong and/or playing with them too much.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited December 2004
    eelektrik wrote:

Badges and lanyards:

-robert

Wristbands are surprisingly durable, they use them at the amusement park I work at and even during the summer with the thousands of people that went to the water park there, there were only a few dozen cases of them coming off(which, if they kept it they would replace it free, assuming they didnt lose it in the water...which shouldnt be a problem at PAX...) which usually resulted from stupid parents and/or kids putting them on wrong and/or playing with them too much.
    Are they the really tough plastic-fibrous-paper-ish ones? Those thing never last long with me.

Red Machine D on
    edited December 2004
    eelektrik wrote:

Badges and lanyards:

-robert

Are they the really tough plastic-fibrous-paper-ish ones? Those thing never last long with me.

Yeah, they are the tough papery-plastic(or whatever the fuck its actually made of) wristbands, with adhesive on one end to fasten it. The adhesive was the main reason they came off, but Ive seen some places with similar wristbands with plastic fasteners that I think would be more durable. Ive never had a problem with the wristbands and generally forget I have them on after they are on. Im not sure what you do with yours for them to come off.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited December 2004
    responding to this, and my comments are italic green because i like it.

Badges and lanyards:
    Absolutely. We'll be mailing out registration packets with wristbands for easy entrance to all those that prereg. Are you sure wristbands will be durable enough for all the wear and tear that will be put on them? I don't know about all of you, but I intend to shower, mouselook, etc. and it takes a pretty durable )nto to mention waterproof) wristband to take all of that. There is some plastic/fabric hybrid thing that works pretty good for wristbands. I know it from some music festivals. Because it plastic, it won't get lint(Oh fuck my dictionary, I hope that is the right word.), and because its fabric it won't get ripped off easily. I'll try getting a picture of that.

More signs, less lines:
    We're tripling the # of seats for the concert/panels. Outstanding. Thank you. nc

Probably no moshpit or stagediving- we really don't want anyone getting hurt. I know it makes us sound like babies, but seriously, our legal defense fund is non-existant. Good point. What about the open seating? I think someone said something in another topic about that, but I can't find it.

Book the Black Mages.
    Book Machinae Supremacy.

We're working on getting more acts, but i'm not sure if we can snag either of these two. Not sure about Black Mages, but Machinae Supremacy is just waiting for a gig in North America to play at. Maybe we should also tell Robert about their Website: http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/

Ok. Sadly to say, one of the guitarists for the Minibosses is no longer with the band. (I met him at his final show a couple weeks ago. Trust me, he has a good reason) However, the new guitarist is quite good, and will not take away from the love. nc

Bring back DDR.
    Ok. Is beatmania IIDX possible? didn't robert say something about that allr... no wait, that was about an older beatmania, amirite?

Truckloads of Bawls.
    Ok. Wait... truckloads aren't enough. Call in a C-130. Thats not even close to what is needed for PAX05. C-130 would have been enough for PAX04. But PAX05 will have more people, and you know it.

Ok. Lanwerx? Who else?

Casemod contest.
    Ok. Stormy is automatically disqualified. whatever

Scavenger hunt!
    Ok. Will it be just in the event center or will it take place outside? You realy think you could get a bunch of geeks away from P... no wait, there are fastfood stores, the hotels and gamestores.

-robert

-sin(NO, not like the word sin. Like a shortcut for sage_ich_nicht)

P.S.:

@D:

Jets'n'Guns is out, if you didn't notice:

http://jng.rakeingrass.com/

[edit]
    P.P.S.:

also @D:

go have fun with this(Yes it is what it seems to be):

http://194.236.120.78/daniel/stepmania/ [/edit]

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • dino_ashleydino_ashley Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    I cannot wait till PAX05... i missed 04... stupid me. Anyone else coming up from cali? and this is me ignoring the whole... red green thing becuase it's just not important! haha... jk

dino_ashley on
    "Wakka Wakka" --My Hero!

Sure we wang...can... can wang...
    edited December 2004
    responding to this, my comments are in underlined blue:
    I cannot wait till PAX05... i missed 04... stupid me. Anyone else coming up from cali? and this is me ignoring the whole... red green thing becuase it's just not important! haha... jk I hate you. :(:D

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
    edited December 2004
    responding to this, and my comments are italic green because i like it.

Bring back DDR.
    Ok. Is beatmania IIDX possible? didn't robert say something about that allr... no wait, that was about an older beatmania, amirite?
    The thought of 6 keys confuses and enrages me. I think we should have good old 5 key instead. :P

Hrmm, Stepmania... *goes to play quasar 1.2x music speed*

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
    edited December 2004
    I cannot wait till PAX05... i missed 04... stupid me. Anyone else coming up from cali? and this is me ignoring the whole... red green thing becuase it's just not important! haha... jk

Well, there was the West Coast Supertrip, which, you also missed out on... Im not sure if any progress has been made latly in planning the 2005 WCST but this years was fucking great, well, except the bus trip back from Sacramento to Riverside...that part sucked, though I slept through most of it anyways...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited December 2004
    i was just messing, didnt mean to offend your colorness.... umm.. but yeah... damn, i missed the west coast dealy... i missed out so much of my time being under 18! lol!

dino_ashley on
    "Wakka Wakka" --My Hero!

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2004
    those really durable wristbands tend to be hard to take off even if you want to. having sperate wrist-bands for seperate days would be nice, as they can get gross. and having a person there with a list of people so you could get a new wristband would help if youa ccidentally lost it.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    edited December 2004
    those really durable wristbands tend to be hard to take off even if you want to. having sperate wrist-bands for seperate days would be nice, as they can get gross. and having a person there with a list of people so you could get a new wristband would help if youa ccidentally lost it.
    you take your wristbands OFF? You are crazy. Crazy crazy crazy. You KEEP your wristbands. ON your wrist. Got that?

Anyway, i don't mean the ones made out of full plastic - which are a real pain in the ass -, what i mean is a hybrid thing. You actually bind it on your wrist/arm with a knot. The knot is to strong to open it(Prevents reselling), but you can just cut it off.

sage_ich_nicht on

G. K. Chesterton
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2004
    one generally does take the wristband off when the event it is for is over.
    having seperate wristbands for seperate days would be nice, and i would think having all the days' bands on at once would be awkward.
    and there are occasions when they would accidentally come off. like falling from a building and getting it caught on a railing.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    edited December 2004
    New wrist band for each day, i would think would work best... but what do i know, i've never been before. it just seems like one wouldnt last all 3 days, especially with some of the wear and tear that mine would undoubtedly get.

dino_ashley on
    "Wakka Wakka" --My Hero!

• QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited December 2004
    Say...sorry if I missed this....but what is wrong with the ol' stamping system?

QuizMaster on
    edited December 2004
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Say...sorry if I missed this....but what is wrong with the ol' stamping system?

For starters, stamps wash off. Also they arent as noticable from far away... and there was no one checking stamps, people could just walk in(and im pretty sure they did)... Wristbands are much easier for Enforcers to spot to kick out people that didnt pay and dont have one.

at least, Im assuming thats the reason.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)