As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Panoramas & Photosynths are up!

DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / GamerRegistered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
It's that time again for my annual Panorama lineup. I've decided to stick with HDView for perspective rendering, but there are also flat-projected jpegs.
This year's new technology, though, is Microsoft Photosynth. I can take 300 photos of, say, the Warmachine diorama, and you can look at the photos in the 3D context within which they were taken. It's been very cool to have this turn out, I think you'll agree!

This year I nearly doubled the photos, again, to over 6500. It took three vacation days and nights to process them all, and there's still a few thousand of the bands that I need to upload to my website (but I can't wait any longer! :) ).

Flickr set of top 100.
Flickr collection of top 800.
Website of best 1500.
Panoramas.
Photosynths.

Of particular note were:
The 300-picture Warmachine Legends diorama in Photosynth:
IMG_5861.JPG

The 400-picture Pink Godzilla booth in Photosynth:
IMG_5814.JPG

The 37 megapixel view of the Pink Godzilla expensive display case.
PinkGodzillaCase2_thumb.jpg

A 19 megapixel stitch of the Friday Night Crowd.
FridayNightCrowd_thumb.jpg

Freezepop, Thickets, Coulton, Frontalot, Felicia Day, and lots, lots more!
IMG_0170.JPGIMG_7886.JPGIMG_7138.JPG

I was the guy walking around with a second flash and a tripod, taking pictures of everything. Nice to see you all, I hope you guys like them!

-Tom / Darkphibre
IMG_2380.JPG

Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
Darkphibre on

• Options
    Poseidon88Poseidon88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I looked over the top 100. You got some great shots. Kind of makes me wish I'd brought my "good" camera to PAX. All I brought was my wife's compact model, and it sucks for low-light work. Then again, I think lugging my kit around would have detracted from my experience. Glad you managed to get some decent shots.

Poseidon88 on
  • Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Poseidon88 wrote: »
    I looked over the top 100. You got some great shots.
    Thanks! The secret is to not show the half you throw out. :lol:

I think lugging my kit around would have detracted from my experience. Glad you managed to get some decent shots.
    Very true. I got to go to the Q&A and part of Red vs. Blue. The rest of my time was spent shooting photos. It's why I go, and it's a blast, but I definitely missed out on a lot of great content. I'll definitely have to get this year's DVD.

Darkphibre on
    Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    Poseidon88Poseidon88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Darkphibre wrote: »
    I looked over the top 100. You got some great shots.
    Thanks! The secret is to not show the half you throw out. :lol:

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I'm the "designated photographer" for family events, and my wife never understands why I take 200 pictures, and post maybe 50 of them on my web site.

Poseidon88 on
This discussion has been closed.