As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LET'S PLAY] I Wanna Be The Guy! BONUS SUMMARY VIDEO! (NSF56K)

• FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    Does anybody have a link to the famous SA let's play of this?

http://fromearth.net/LetsPlay/IWBTG/

This is famous? Honestly it's not that great or particularly funny. Shows off the game pretty well, but the guy recorded post commentary so it doesn't have the frustration to it that others might have and he's really not funny enough to carry it on his own. The guests don't add a whole lot either, but they help.

No, I was thinking of the one were whoever is doing the play through slowly loses his sanity.

FanciestWalnut on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

This is famous? Honestly it's not that great or particularly funny. Shows off the game pretty well, but the guy recorded post commentary so it doesn't have the frustration to it that others might have and he's really not funny enough to carry it on his own. The guests don't add a whole lot either, but they help.

No, I was thinking of the one were whoever is doing the play through slowly loses his sanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Xd21u3UDE

Zek on
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Smasher wrote: »
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    Tyson is driving me insane. I can knock him down twice, then dodge the first punch of the third round, but no matter what i do he nails me with the second. I want to choke someone!

It sounds like you're trying to change sides after the first punch? You don't have to do that.

That was it exactly, thanks. So now Tyson's dead and the game is crashing out on almost ever screen, so that makes it even harder...

Craigopogo on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tyson is driving me insane. I can knock him down twice, then dodge the first punch of the third round, but no matter what i do he nails me with the second. I want to choke someone!

It sounds like you're trying to change sides after the first punch? You don't have to do that.

That was it exactly, thanks. So now Tyson's dead and the game is crashing out on almost ever screen, so that makes it even harder...

Setting the game to run in Windows 98 compatibility mode helps reduce the number of crashes dramatically for some reason.

Smasher on
    edited August 2008
    Zek wrote: »

[noparse]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Xd21u3UDE[/noparse]

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a youtube video as I did at some of UltraJMan's IWBTG videos. I'd link the funniest ones but it's better when you aren't expecting the best moments.

Smasher on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zek wrote: »

[noparse]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Xd21u3UDE[/noparse]

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a youtube video as I did at some of UltraJMan's IWBTG videos. I'd link the funniest ones but it's better when you aren't expecting the best moments.
    Reminds me of DeceasedCrabs lets play of La Mulana's Hell Temple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY0IH80cHB0

That is a true decent into madness.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Wow, I just watched a few of those and you weren't kidding.

I love all of the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Pemulis on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Shutup and make the next video, that megaman music is a fav. :p

My cute little videos have demand? And there is an actual demand for that demand?

I will try my hardest to get on it tonight, but my mom is coming into town in a few hours and I don't want her to see me
    dying

a whole lot.

joshofalltrades on
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I know where you're coming from. My mother makes fun of me when I die in games too.

Craigopogo on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pemulis wrote: »

It's worth it for the very last Hell Temple video with the "reward"

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    On the Megaman stuff, I should have been expecting this (but completely didn't): LASER ROOM OF DEATH!!!! My first thought was "Hell, I don't have Flashman's power! I'm screwed!"

I remember playing Megaman 2 when I was about 8 and getting about a million game overs on that damn Quickman level. Seriously, it scarred my tiny psyche. But this time I beat a laser room with spikes a lasers and moving platforms! Take THAT Capcom, you vicious bastards!

I've also just beaten the
    Bowser/Wart/Wily
    boss and I have to say that's actually been the absolute most annoying part of the game for me. 80% of the fight is spent just waiting for each section to start and the first two parts are pointlessly easy for how much time they take to beat. Vastly prefer every other fight simply because you can either skip the intro or the intro is much, much shorter.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Conan-sanConan-san Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

It's worth it for the very last Hell Temple video with the "reward"
    Personaly, I liked the one where he was playing Darkman under the guise of hell temple, mostly because he had a No More Heros ranking bit in it. (He's a ranked 25th assasin apprently)

Though the one where he does a Let's Play of Arconiod DS was pretty halerious too. His justifaction for everything in regards to it only being like a week since the game was released was that it was out in japan months before. It was the best LP ever.
    Well, next to the Sonic Trillogy one, that's got some production values.

Conan-san on
  • InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I need updates. I NEED IT

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fear not. I leaped into action upon reading your desire for another video and it will be up shortly.

This one's a bit shorter than the others, so I added a special feature to the end. I am 99% sure you will thoroughly enjoy it. I'm thinking about keeping it in for all future videos, but your feedback is what will decide that.

joshofalltrades on
    edited September 2008
    OK, Part 5 is up now. Let me know if the ending is a keeper.

joshofalltrades on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    OK, Part 5 is up now. Let me know if the ending is a keeper.
    Uh, it's pretty humorous, yeah. Also, thanks for ruining Mother Brain for me. Forever. Jerk.

Rent on
    edited September 2008
    Three thumbs up.

Smasher on
    edited September 2008
    Yes!! Thanks for the update, keep em coming.

Loved the ending by the way, ASSLICKER!

Pemulis on
  • crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah...I was cracking up the first time you said asslicker...but then the ending...shit...I'm still laughing.

crucialityfactor on
    edited September 2008
    Thanks for the kind words. I may do something new in the next video or I may keep the summary thing, still undecided.

joshofalltrades on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    The recap ruined it a little a bit, for me. I thought you had said "Brother Fuck".

I mean, I was imagining some sort of allusion to a monastic order of swearing.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited September 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    ...I thought you had said "Brother Fuck".

...How do you know I didn't? :winky:
    D:

It's good to get another opinion, though. I'll never get better if I only get praise. :)

joshofalltrades on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Good shit, especially the recap.

Inquisitor on
  • bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    When you got to the mother brain part my jaw literally dropped. It looked so impossible. So many spaghetti-o's
    It totally does look like a pulsing scrotum.
    Asslicker!!

bamjo on
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That was a really good update. You better finish this! No wussing out!

Food on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

it's also a long ass series. I tried to get through all of them, and it took forever. I forgot where I left off.

You learn to feel for the Crab.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited September 2008
    I for one also heard "Brother fuck!"

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited September 2008

it's also a long ass series. I tried to get through all of them, and it took forever. I forgot where I left off.

You learn to feel for the Crab.

Yeah, I watched Hell Temple then started from the beginning. I don't know if I'll make it through all of them, but it's pretty entertaining.

Pemulis on
    edited September 2008
    Food wrote: »
    That was a really good update. You better finish this! No wussing out!

Thanks. Don't worry, I don't plan on leaving this undone as long as I'm having fun with the editing.

By the way, I didn't plan on saying "asslicker". It just sort of fell out. None of this is scripted, but I am picking and choosing the funniest parts and editing out the repetitiveness. For the first few videos, I thought that when I finally made it through a portion, I should include the entire segment. This last video made me realize that it's not all that important unless it's an especially difficult/impressive part.

Also, I'm intentionally leaving a little gap between videos. During the first three videos I didn't take a break and I started them right after beating the whole game. Needless to say, I was doing pretty good (getting through the first segment of Ghouls and Ghosts on my first try?!). That's fine if you're trying to play the game for fun, not so fine if you're trying to show how frustrating the game can be sometimes.

joshofalltrades on
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can't get past he second screen D:
    Mostly because I'm playing on hard, but whatever.

Mortal Sky on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

Hard just changes the amount of save points. I think.

Inquisitor on
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

Hard just changes the amount of save points. I think.

Yeah, I know there's a save point right before on medium, but in hard I don't have that, so I keep on grinding both the first and second screens.

Mortal Sky on
    edited September 2008
    Stick with it, you'll get it eventually! I thought that there was no way I'd be able to beat the game, but you'll feel your platforming skills improving as you go.

Incidentally, I'm about to begin work on Part 6, so that should be up either later tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned.

joshofalltrades on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hahahahah
    FUCK giant scrotum FUCK a giant pulsing ballsack FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK JESUS ASSLICKER ASSLICKER ASSLICKER!

ASSLICKER!

Good show old bean :^:

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hahahahah
    FUCK giant scrotum FUCK a giant pulsing ballsack FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK JESUS ASSLICKER ASSLICKER ASSLICKER!

ASSLICKER!

I LOL'd.

Who says an LP can't be funny unless it's British?

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hahahahah

ASSLICKER!

I LOL'd.

Who says an LP can't be funny unless it's British?

Stupid people?

Schide on
    edited September 2008
    This one's another two-parter, but fortunately I think the second part will be much shorter than the first. I died a lot during the boss and a lot of the time I still have to edit out is waiting with nothing going on.

Your mileage may vary, but there's at least one part that I'm pretty sure is worth a laugh in the first segment, and I've got a little surprise planned for the second. So hang around, it's about to get intense. And by intense, I mean I've been cursing like a sailor all afternoon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm done with the first part. It's publishing/getting ready to upload now.

joshofalltrades on
    edited September 2008
    Sorry, double posting to draw attention to the fact that the new video is up.

joshofalltrades on
    edited September 2008
    Okay, part 6B is up now. As previously mentioned, there's a surprise immediately following what is now the most frustrating death I have yet experienced.

Comments, criticism, you know the drill.

joshofalltrades on
    edited September 2008
    just saw 6A.

I'm a little concerned! Didn't you just have a kid? Need more stress?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png