As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR]OPEN BETA! WAAAAAAAGGHHHH!

• Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hoz wrote: »
    So did most of you go zealot just out of curiosity or is that going to be your main when the game really begins?

Zealot main, I would wait but was interested in the 4.1 updates to the class. I plan to roll a Shaman later this weekend as that will be my planned alt. Non-healers doesn't really hold my interests outside tanking, unfortunately(fortunately?) I'm only interested in the Swordmaster.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    Also, sorcs with pocket healers are hilarious. Sagara would run into a group of 5-10 Order and just AE the hell out of them while 2-4 zealots spammed heals. The kill spam was glorious.

Jesus Christ that last Scenario was hilarious he got what? 27,000 with Kingmole behind him with just 12,000... Even took incoming damage from the Order guards and we kept him going.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's been like 20 minutes now. Argh!

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am loving the SHIT out of the Witch Elf.

Especially with whatever they did to improve combat in 4.1, I don't get a single *ability not ready* message, and I know right when my shit comes up and is ready.

Pure awesome.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well according to that mythic quote, we have 100 minutes to go. :/

Edit: Oh, and me likey Swordmaster. Too bad I never got into that scenario... I got the group queue message but never accepted...

But then again, sounds like Order got pretty stomped...

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I hope all you Preview Weekend jerks iron out all the kinks so us real Open Beta players get a smooth experience come Sunday. Jerks.
    I kid, I kid. Make sure to save me a seat.

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    DogthulhuDogthulhu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So did most of you go zealot just out of curiosity or is that going to be your main when the game really begins?

Zealot main. Probably should have played something else but I really enjoy the class.

Dogthulhu on
    MH3 - Thulhu
  • Options
    SousukeSousuke Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tyberius wrote: »
    Also, sorcs with pocket healers are hilarious. Sagara would run into a group of 5-10 Order and just AE the hell out of them while 2-4 zealots spammed heals. The kill spam was glorious.

Jesus Christ that last Scenario was hilarious he got what? 27,000 with Kingmole behind him with just 12,000... Even took incoming damage from the Order guards and we kept him going.

Yeah, that was pretty crazy. At times I was getting too close to their warcamp and agroing the guards, who hit for 800 and I still lived. And I did all that damage at level 7, I can't imagine how much I would have done at 10.

Sousuke on
    PSN: Volteage
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    übergeek wrote: »
    Free Open beta Keys from MMORPG.com while they last.

http://www.mmorpg.com/betas/war_beta.cfm

GAHHHH, they're not sending me an activation email for my account.

Anybody who already has beta access and an mmorpg account want to grab me a key?

wtf and then my friend makes an mmorpg account after me and he gets his activation code right away and I still don't have mine.

edit: finally got it... whew.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    The game plays great now EXCEPT for that it runs like shit on my computer. And it shouldn't be: three gigs of RAM, a new 9600 GT...the only iffy thing is my weak processor, but I shouldn't have all this choppiness on the latest settings.

Disciple is incredibly fun, and I might main it.

EDIT: I played for about six hours straight until the server died.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm just asking for medium settings with playable fps out of my machine.

I might have to get another gig or so of RAM, though.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dogthulhu wrote: »

Zealot main. Probably should have played something else but I really enjoy the class.

I was down on Zealots in 3.X and was just going to play one because there will be 50 million Shaman. The 4.1 patch gave Zealots a big survivability boost. Embrace the Warp and Chaotic Blur help a lot. The Zealot can take the hits and keep healing themself and others where the Shaman would die or be forced to stop healing other people.

The 30 second rituals are a nice change too, given the mobile nature of RvR.

About the only complaint with the Zealot is most of the Mastery tactics aren't worth getting. That's not really a problem though since the core tactics are so good. It just gives more points to spend on other things.

grrarg on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So what's going to be the least played class on chaos?

Hoz on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I'm going to guess Marauder.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My magic fortune power says...

Squig herder

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

If I had to take a wild guess, based on nothing more than my random observations? I would say Disciple of Khaine and Magus.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DoKs are crawling all over the beta though

also, they're good times

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Based on what I saw so far today I'd say Zealot is least played Chaos class. There seemed to be as many Marauders as Chosen.

edit: Oh, by Chaos did you mean Destruction? Totally different then, Witch Elf.

Accualt on
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My guess would be SH and WE ... however, WE seems to be much more enjoyed lately with the recent changes so not sure there.

Timmer on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am so down to play a Zealot or a Marauder.

Zealot's look awesome in their renown gear.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd say Witch Elf will be least popular.

Honestly all the Destro careers are in pretty good shape now. The weakest career is probably the Squig Herder. Their damage is still lower than the other RDPS, even with the recently buffed squigs. Squig Armor still needs a bit more work too.

grrarg on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They are dicking with me. There's no activation email coming. I see what's going on here.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    OB is probably not a good indicator of much. People are playing classes they wouldn't normally be playing. It's a good time to see what class you'll wind up maining.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Witch Elf? I guess someone didn't get the memo, because every scenario I've been in recently has been overflowing with Witch Elves.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In the one scenario I played in, there were at least 5 sorc's. Painful...

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    Super_HappySuper_Happy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was all set to main a Warrior Priest, however Witch huntering is absolutely outstanding fun in RvR

Super_Happy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Witch Elf? I guess someone didn't get the memo, because every scenario I've been in recently has been overflowing with Witch Elves.

See above. People are experimenting right now which is good -- a lot of classes that sound good on paper may not really appeal to you (ie, some that look complex and original aren't as much) and others that people write off are actually played really well.

Timmer on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tyberius wrote: »

As I said on Vent, I had a respectable damage dealt of 14k, meanwhile Sagara was hogging all the glory with his 27k.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    They are dicking with me. There's no activation email coming. I see what's going on here.
    There are 2000 guests on that website. I'm guessing it's clogged.

Hoz on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    sunday is so close i can taste it T_T

tehmarken on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I see a lot of them in T1, and then none of them past T3.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am thinking about picking the game up but when I first saw it I was going to play a chaos character now it's either going to be a witch elf or a shadow warrior

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't think I could play as Cher.

Hoz on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really don't know why people ask what the least played class is going to be. There are a maximum of 4 classes per race. They're all going to be played in huge amounts.

It's like choosing the "least played" class in TF2. The only way to know is to look at hard statistics, and even then the difference is going to be negligible.

I understand asking in a game with more choices, but the fact of the matter is there's going to be a lot of all of them.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Come live I might just main Zealot instead of Shaman, which I'm playing at the moment. Based on how I've played in Scenarios so far I'm spending basically all my time healing so I might as well be a dedicated healer class.

Squirrel Rancher on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I really don't know why people ask what the least played class is going to be. There are a maximum of 4 classes per race. They're all going to be played in huge amounts.[/i

Obviously you should go with what you like but I have to admit sometimes it's hard to feel 'special' if you're surrounded by 20 other of the same classes. Still, a good lesson to learn in having fun without having to be 'special' ;)

Although the comparison to other games is interesting. Compared to many MMOs that only have a handful of classes, WAR has 20 which is a pretty good amount (LOTRO has 7, WoW has 9 soon to be 10, etc). True, they're all tied to your race but still a nice selection to chose from.

Timmer on
  • Options
    BaratusBaratus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really don't know why people ask what the least played class is going to be. There are a maximum of 4 classes per race. They're all going to be played in huge amounts.

It's like choosing the "least played" class in TF2. The only way to know is to look at hard statistics, and even then the difference is going to be negligible.

I understand asking in a game with more choices, but the fact of the matter is there's going to be a lot of all of them.

I think the point in this case might be more guild based - sure, on the whole server it really doesn't matter, but if a guild of 40 has 18 witch elves, 18 squid herders, and 4 marauders, it will be ugly when you try to hang out (but surely it would never be that drastic).

Baratus on
    PSN: Baratus_JT
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like playing shaman because it reminds me of playing my gnome mage from WoW.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I just got it. :P

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Come live I might just main Zealot instead of Shaman, which I'm playing at the moment. Based on how I've played in Scenarios so far I'm spending basically all my time healing so I might as well be a dedicated healer class.

I may be misinterpreting comments like this but I want to reiterate for people just looking over classes and learning about WAR: Shaman (and AM) are no less pure-healers than Zealots or Rune Priests. In fact, Shaman and AM have the best burst healing in the game (ie, if you're into PVE these are the guys you put on the main tank). Each have their strengths and weaknesses as a healer. Z/RP are thought of as more pure but that's just because they have the weakest damage output but they make up for it with potentially more utility.

Timmer on
This discussion has been closed.