As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We Didn't Playtest This

parabolaparabola Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
Anyone else get a deck of this game?

Playing it was the most hilarious and frustrating thing ever.

parabola on

• leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Heard of it, didn't see it around anywhere, how is it?

I'm thinking of ordering the game Gloom, along with this.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • nerdgaymernerdgaymer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    a friend bought it, we played it over dinner with a big group of friends, seemed very fast paced and fun.

nerdgaymer on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I played it on the 2nd floor, saturday night, midnight-2am.

Crazy, crazy game.

Great game for non-gamers, who want to be on even ground.

Schrodinger on
  • KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Not really fun for people who actually like playing games. I mean, it was kinda funny and I liked the concept, but it was way too easy to lose and not easy to win. So, if you lose and someone doesn't win soon (which they won't), you're just sitting there. Bored. And a loser. Bored.

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
  • GwyddiaGwyddia Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've had Gloom since it's playtest days. Great game, excellent design. If you are familiar at all with Edward Gorey (and if you aren't become familiar), you will really enjoy it.
    leaf wrote: »
    Heard of it, didn't see it around anywhere, how is it?

I'm thinking of ordering the game Gloom, along with this.

Gwyddia on
    Max sig size: 500x80 or 4 lines of text
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    KrnDoxy wrote: »
    Not really fun for people who actually like playing games. I mean, it was kinda funny and I liked the concept, but it was way too easy to lose and not easy to win. So, if you lose and someone doesn't win soon (which they won't), you're just sitting there. Bored. And a loser. Bored.

Thats kind of the point of the game's concept though. Its ridiculously easy to lose, and you lose almost without realizing it.

None of our games lasted longer than 10 minutes. It was ridiculous.

parabola on
  • AliasunknownAliasunknown Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Crazy, crazy game.

I was there too! I'm the one who accidentally stole a shirt from MC Fronalot (I paid him Sunday morning; he was real chill about it). Anyway, its a great party game. It would make a great icebreaker for large groups of people who don't know each other.

Aliasunknown on
  • nephthysnephthys Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I bought a deck too, it looked so hilarious. Haven't tried playing it yet, though!

nephthys on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    saw people playing men and martinis one night, so I went to that booth to buy the game.

saw this game there, but didn't buy it :(

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited September 2008
    http://www.asmadigames.com/custom_order.php are the people that put out the game.

parabola on
  • kaoticrequiemkaoticrequiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We've been playing it like crazy here on the WCTT. Very fun. :D

Fuck pronouns.

kaoticrequiem on
    Knows how to bend it.
    edited September 2008

Fuck pronouns.

Fuck the no pointing rule. That gets me every time.

parabola on
    edited September 2008
    I did buy whack a catgirl while there :p

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited September 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I did buy whack a catgirl while there :p

That game looks hilarious too.

parabola on
  • ScotasianglishScotasianglish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Crazy, crazy game.

Was that the large group that became embattled in talk of Canada and whether or not 'moose' was the plural of 'moose'?

Excellent 'We're tired from 12 hours of con and need something low-maintenance" game. Or good for those long lines waiting for panels.

Scotasianglish on
    The original chinese-welsh-scotsman with a japanese last name.
    edited September 2008
    now all i need is friends. crap.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited September 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    now all i need is friends. crap.

At least you'll have a game for next PAX...

parabola on
    edited September 2008
    Totally need to bring king's blood next year.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    parabola wrote: »

Fuck pronouns.

Fuck the no pointing rule. That gets me every time.

Hehe I love the Pointing Card... though mostly because it kept knocking everyone but me out. Silly people who don't know its not polite to point. *points at Parabola* :P

Oh and I can't help but reply to the previous post re: the plural of moose. That argument always draws me in. It sounds like its a pet peeve of more Canucks than just myself. Moose (as well as Caribou, Deer, Grouse and a few others) is an animal name that originated from an Aboriginal language (Algonquian in the case of Moose) and as such the plural and singular are the same. One Moose, Two Moose, ect... Please everyone tell your friends, lets make PAX a zone free of people who think Meese is a word. lol. o_O

AbsintheMinded on
  • Solid_SteveSolid_Steve Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Crazy, crazy game.

I was there too! I'm the one who accidentally stole a shirt from MC Fronalot (I paid him Sunday morning; he was real chill about it). Anyway, its a great party game. It would make a great icebreaker for large groups of people who don't know each other.

I heard about that! Onion told me that you shat a duck when he told you they were enforcers.

Solid_Steve on
    Along the shore the cloud waves break,
    The twin suns sink beneath the lake,
    The shadows lengthen
    In Carcosa.
    edited September 2008
    the after conversation in the hotel room was golden. the rumor turned into one of our enforcer roommates thinking Alias stole Front's cell phone.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sup Parabola!

Yeah, we had a great time playing this. It's certainly enhanced when you're a few beers into it though. I ended up getting myself knocked out about 12 times. I Mad Tea Partied a guy with lasers and I ended saying every word you shouldn't say the instant the card was played.

All I know, is that science doesn't work on lasers, only dinosaurs and black holes.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • AngelKurisuAngelKurisu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We had an awesome game where 8 people got knocked out simultaneously on a Battle card because they -all- threw scissors. There was a group of 10 or so playing in the evening Saturday in tabletop, it rocked.

AngelKurisu on
  • AliasunknownAliasunknown Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Crazy, crazy game.

I heard about that! Onion told me that you shat a duck when he told you they were enforcers.

It wasn't quite the BEST moment for me at PAX, but it certainly was the most emotion filled. After I made amends with Sir Fronalot, I had to find a home for the duck. Some very nice Chineese people ended up taking him in. I think they owned a restaurant or something. ;)

The best part of the story, though, was when I got back to my room. One of my roomates was an Enforcer, and he had already heard the story (took about 15 minutes to get to him). Except, he heard that 'some guy' stole Fronalots' cell phone. Crazy world we live in.

Aliasunknown on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have a friend who's getting a gift for her nephew. She tells me he's a bright kid, but really stubborn, doesn't play well with others, doesn't like to lose, etc. Also, he plays Yu-Gi-Oh.

I recommended that she buy him this game. I think that it would be good for teaching him some humility and cooperation while still having fun.

Schrodinger on
  • TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ahhh zombies!

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    a guy randomly gave me a copy on the last day, and i must say it's a very awesome game. The longest game we've managed was about 4mins, so it's perfect for waiting in lines or in between turns of the starcraft board game (omg).

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • netcrusher88netcrusher88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bought it based solely on the name and have been having great fun with it.

I've seen the Whack a Catgirl deck and it's the same awesomeness. Those two games make me want to go to Asmadi and say "I'll take one of everything you sell."

netcrusher88 on
    My Visa card got stolen the other day. Now it's everywhere I want to be.
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    *slides Hot Potato card in front of the next person to post*
    Ahhh Zombies!
    Mmm got to play four rounds of this, mmm think, with Tycho Monday night. Said it was 'brutal' when like four people all lost because mmm threw rock, or something. Mmm tried to talk mmm into mentioning the game on a newspost, but mmm will see.

OK, your turn.

Did I just say 'your'? FUCK! *lays down cards*

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
    edited September 2008
    mspencer wrote: »
    *slides Hot Potato card in front of the next person to post*
    Ahhh Zombies!
    Mmm got to play four rounds of this, mmm think, with Tycho Monday night. Said it was 'brutal' when like four people all lost because mmm threw rock, or something. Mmm tried to talk mmm into mentioning the game on a newspost, but mmm will see.

OK, your turn.

Did I just say 'your'? FUCK! *lays down cards*

Pretty much sums up the game.

parabola on
  • GoogalashGoogalash Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh man we didn't playtest this is sooooo freaking awsome. I didn't find out about it until some other enforcers intruduced me too it monday after PAX. I had so much fun playing it.

As soon as I got home tuesday I went to the website and ordered the game plus the expansion pack they make for it.

Googalash on
  • PanopeaPanopea Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah we played this game about 50 times on the PAX train ^_^ more people = more fun. I've tried introducing it to a few friends since arriving home, and it definitely plays better in groups of at least 4.

I'm amazed to report that I found someone too ADD for We Didn't Playtest This; he kept drawing and playing cards not on his turn. WDPT has one rule total, and he broke it o_O

Panopea on
    edited September 2008
    altmann wrote: »
    All I know, is that science doesn't work on lasers, only dinosaurs and black holes.

Anyone else remember what the other counters were?

parabola on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My PAX hotel roommate bought it. We played a few rounds after PAX and it was a lot of fun. I wish I could have gone back and bough a deck for myself.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I walked by the both selling this, had the opprotunity to pick it up, and did not. I'm regretting that quite a bit now.

SlickShughes on
    edited September 2008
    I walked by the both selling this, had the opprotunity to pick it up, and did not. I'm regretting that quite a bit now.

Buy it from their website.

parabola on
  • AngelKurisuAngelKurisu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    parabola wrote: »
    altmann wrote: »

Anyone else remember what the other counters were?

It's dragons, not dinosaurs...there are no dinosaurs in playtest! Yet.

AngelKurisu on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I always thought this game deserved a better name. "Double fanucci" sounds a ton better then "we didn't play test this". Points for people who get the reference.

Viscountalpha on
  • oniononion Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The best part of the story, though, was when I got back to my room. One of my roomates was an Enforcer, and he had already heard the story (took about 15 minutes to get to him). Except, he heard that 'some guy' stole Fronalots' cell phone. Crazy world we live in.

Yeah the story got really out of hand in just a few tellings. The look on your face was the best part of PAX for me though.

onion on
  • HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I now wish to kill and devour those at Asmadigames, just so I can absorb their awesomeness...

Not that I encourage cannibalism or anything. Unless they taste REALLY good.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
This discussion has been closed.