As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[deleted]

TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
edited July 2022 in Penny Arcade Games
[deleted]

Taximes on

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love that Gabe is punching a spider right in the kisser.

DarkPrimus on
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hmm. I see Tycho with a shotgun and the PC with a Hoe. So weapon upgrades are there, that's neat.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • MaratanosMaratanos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Maratanos on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is there a vague idea about when this is to be released?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • MaratanosMaratanos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This year is about as close as we get, as far as I can tell.

Maratanos on
  • HH JoelHH Joel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Episode Two is basically done, but just like with the first episode we won't have an exact release date until we pass through all the Live Arcade certification stages with Microsoft (we're in the midst of them now). And since it's digital, the release date announcement will be very close to the actual release date.

Joel

HH Joel on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That poor Hat Spider.

Come to think of it, I should finish up Episode 1 soon.

Mx. Quill on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    After asking at the booth, I should relay that Overkill bonuses do not carry over to the new weapons, but you do get cool stuff for having done Ep1. Costumes etc. Also there's a new Insane Mode which gives you access to certain chests or whatever that can't be accessed normally.

Looks like battles will take a lot longer this time around. All characters have a lot more health and the boss that they fought in the demo (and deliberately failed) seemed to be bumped up a bit, too.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • OpunayaOpunaya Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I love that Gabe is punching a spider right in the kisser.

New Arcadia's Gabe don't take shit from anyone. Even if they're a giant spider.

I need this game now.

Opunaya on
  • ChokeholdChokehold Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    HH Joel wrote: »
    Episode Two is basically done, but just like with the first episode we won't have an exact release date until we pass through all the Live Arcade certification stages with Microsoft (we're in the midst of them now). And since it's digital, the release date announcement will be very close to the actual release date.

Joel

I can't help but two things;
    1) Imagine these certification stages as "negotiations" á la Star Wars (if memory serves, that is).
    2) Wonder how the stages are progressing. I have no actual idea what so ever how long these things take.

Chokehold on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Chokehold wrote: »
    HH Joel wrote: »

Joel

I can't help but two things;
    1) Imagine these certification stages as "negotiations" á la Star Wars (if memory serves, that is).
    2) Wonder how the stages are progressing. I have no actual idea what so ever how long these things take.

Certification is the process of submitting the code for approval for release on whichever system. In this case, MS runs the code through software they've created to make sure the game either does what it's supposed to or doesn't do what it's not supposed to do. They'll also do a little bit of actual gameplay testing (but not anything particularly thorough since they deal with many submissions for certification).

Given the size of Episode 1, I'd guess that certification testing for Xbox LIVE release would take no more than a week, two at the absolute most. When the process is complete, MS sends them documents outlining any issues that might have been found. Depending on the amount of severity, it may require a resubmission and the whole process starts over again.

There are other, ticky-tack things that go on. Basically, the whole certification process will take around two to four weeks. Longer depending on how many games are being submitted for certification. It's getting close to Christmas, so I'd think that would be a larger and larger number, but I think the LIVE cert team is separate from the regular on-disc team.

Barring anything MS simply won't waive (and assuming Episode 2 is in or beginning the cert process), I'd expect to see it released either by the end of September or somewhere in October. If Episode 1 sold particularly well, I wouldn't be surprised if MS was as interested in getting out ASAP as everybody else is.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Woo, birthday present as long as it comes out before October (my college network is amazingly restrictive about stuff like registering activation codes). If not - woo, Christmas present!

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • MistressKanaMistressKana Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Eeee those screen shots and trailer look awesome! And I'm phyched about those giant spiders. I loved that strip. I can't wait for this to come out. I've already played one like twelve times >.<

MistressKana on
  • MistressKanaMistressKana Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wait....are those baby ninja turtles? Up on EmerlMaster's whatever? 0.o, are they going for, like, a baby looney tunes approach? Dear God I hope not.

MistressKana on