As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Newbie question

uncle-lyleuncle-lyle Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Graphic Violence
Now I am very much a newbie when it comes to forums and anything to do with comics... but a question I have always wanted answered is why doesn't spider-mans webbing come from his ass instead of his wrists??? your thoughts

uncle-lyle on

• Options
    CaptainApocalypseCaptainApocalypse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well, if you go by the comics, he doesn't even have organic webshooters, he had to make them. They claimed he got the knowledge of how to make the web from the spider that bit him. n00b.

CaptainApocalypse on
    SO FATE DEMANDS!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    so this means the movie is not very consistent?

uncle-lyle on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    uncle-lyle wrote:
    so this means the movie is not very consistent?
    It's not.

CaptainApocalypse on
    SO FATE DEMANDS!
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Plus he doesn't really grow any new body parts, so he doens't have silk glands.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Malkor wrote:
    Plus he doesn't really grow any new body parts, so he doens't have silk glands.

There was that time when he turned into the Man-Spider. That was weird.

CaptainApocalypse on
    SO FATE DEMANDS!
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    he has organic webshooters now. It happened during Avengers: Disassembled, I think.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    he has organic webshooters now. It happened during Avengers: Disassembled, I think.

does it come out his ass now or from the wrists?

uncle-lyle on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Also, a spider's silk thread does not come out of its ass.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Briareos wrote:

well a spiders silk-thread doesn't come out of its wrists either

uncle-lyle on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Briareos wrote:

They come from spinnerets near the spider's butt and make the web. There is nothing by it's limbs. This is why mechanical webshooters make more sense.

CaptainApocalypse on
    SO FATE DEMANDS!
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    uncle-lyle wrote:
    Now I am very much a newbie when it comes to forums and anything to do with comics... but a question I have always wanted answered is why doesn't spider-mans webbing come from his ass instead of his wrists??? your thoughts

hurrrrrrrrrrr

and why dont spiders man just jerk off and so he can just be all cumming webs and swing aroun d by his cock yah thats a good idea and go beat up green goblin with a moneyshot and hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You are neither original nor witty for making this joke, as it's been getting bandied about since he first got the organic webshooters in his wrists. So why doesn't Spider-Man shoot webbing out of his ass or, rather a set of spinnerets located on his abdomen? Well there's a lot of logical reasons for it, but I won't bother getting into them. I'll just say that it's because Spider-Man swinging around town by his ass would be fucking retarded and leave it at that.

Munch on
  • Options
    RonnieWooWoo!RonnieWooWoo! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    uncle-lyle wrote:

hurrrrrrrrrrr

and why dont spiders man just jerk off and so he can just be all cumming webs and swing aroun d by his cock yah thats a good idea and go beat up green goblin with a moneyshot and hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You are neither original nor witty for making this joke, as it's been getting bandied about since he first got the organic webshooters in his wrists. So why doesn't Spider-Man shoot webbing out of his ass or, rather a set of spinnerets located on his abdomen? Well there's a lot of logical reasons for it, but I won't bother getting into them. I'll just say that it's because Spider-Man swinging around town by his ass would be fucking retarded and leave it at that.

Brutal, yet humorous.

RonnieWooWoo! on
    Woo!
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    And well deserved. He's just lucky that Shoe didn't see this shit.

Marathon on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    uncle-lyle wrote:

hurrrrrrrrrrr

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Brutal, yet humorous.

I LOL-ed.

That's actually not a very good thing to do in a corporate office. :|

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    uncle-lyle wrote:

hurrrrrrrrrrr

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

typical fan-boy reply... so you're sayin that if this comic was actually consistent spider-man would look retarded? the inconsistency of the comic must have rubbed off

uncle-lyle on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    uncle-lyle wrote:
    Munch wrote:
    uncle-lyle wrote:

hurrrrrrrrrrr

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

typical fan-boy reply... so you're sayin that if this comic was actually consistent spider-man would look retarded? the inconsistency of the comic must have rubbed off

Ahaha oh man

This is going to end in tears

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    He's a combination of Spider and Man, and since Men have greater control of their arms than anything else it makes sense that he'd shoot his webs from there (at least, if his mutation was guided by his subconscious or a mystical spider totem).

robosagogo on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If you want to get into realism, you'd have to ask where the hell all that webbing comes from. I mean, Let's say every line he shoots out when swinging across a city is about 100 feet. Now imagine how much space a 100' rope takes up, and how much it weighs, even a thin one.

In about a dozen swings he would've had to convert pretty much his entire body mass into webs.

Also you'd have to ask how a radioactive spider bite gives people superpowers

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    And you'd have to wonder how he gets enough energy to do what he does without have to eat constantly and have a specially formulated diet. USRDA doesn't cut it for super-folks.

This guy is just a troll, and I personally think he's a CaptainApocalypse alt, because CA is doing such an effective job of playing foil/instigator.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I guess marvel just forgot to be even semi-realistic with spider-man

uncle-lyle on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    uncle-lyle wrote:

Compared to the ultra realistic characters found in each of the other companies. Please, Terrorbyte is a better troll than this.

Marathon on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    uncle-lyle wrote:
    Yeah, not like DC who is totally realistic with there aliens that look exactly like humans, but gain super abilities from being in the sun. Or the magical mind reading rings that create anything you can imagine out of green energy, except a shield against yellow.

If you're looking for reality, this forum isn't for you. Go jack off while editing wikipedia, you'll enjoy it far more.

see317 on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    uncle-lyle wrote:

I know that's what I look for in a comic book... complete realism.

If that were the case, every comic would last one issue and have an incredibly high death rate.

But then, you're just an idiot forum troll... now that you've been fed, you can go to sleep until the next thought enters your head and the Adderal isn't there to contain it.
    Compared to the ultra realistic characters found in each of the other companies. Please, Terrorbyte is a better troll than this.

At first I thought this was just a Terrorbyte alt... but then I realized that he's never posted something this inane...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I suppose semi-realistic not the best way to put it but I already used the word inconsistent... so here are some other words that could describe spider-man... eratic, varying, contradictory, paradoxical, unreliable, capricious or ever mercurial.

uncle-lyle on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I think it would be cool if they had mini-series that strived to be as realistic as possible.

Malkor on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There was actually a Marvel mini called Ruins, written by Warren Ellis, that had the whole "ultra realistic" thing going on. Black Panther was thrown in jail, Matt Murdock is covered in radioactive waste and um.. dies, Bruce Banner, after being hit with a wave of gamma radiation, does not become the Hulk, but rather a massive blob of green tumors, and so on. It's pretty much a "What If... Everything Fucking Sucked?" kind of story. The wiki is here.

There was another "realistic" Marvel story called "Powerless" that, from what I recall, showed how Matt Murdock, Peter Parker, and Logan would have developed without powers. Matt Murdock still does battle with Kingpin, only it's in a courtroom. Peter Parker still clashes with Norman Osbourne, and Logan is still a mysterious amnesiac drifter.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Well Ruins sounds lame. I read some of Powers. Logan has strap on claws. I couldn't get through the second issue though.

Malkor on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That wasn't even the worst of Ruins. The Kree are kept on a disease ridden reservation, Jean Grey is a whore, most of the other mutants have been jailed by President X who ordered for Quicksilver's limbs to be removed and occasionally visits the caged X-Men (apparently he's quite mad), Rick Jones is a junkie, the Fantastic Four died horrific deaths in space because Ben Grimm thought stealing a space ship was a crazy idea, Thor's a cult leader with a hardware store hammer, Nick Fury's a cannibal, and Silver Surfer tore his own guts out in space.

I wouldn't call it realistic so much as a hyper-pessimistic reversal of Alex Ross's Marvels. Even Warren Ellis didn't like it that much.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    RonnieWooWoo!RonnieWooWoo! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    That wasn't even the worst of Ruins. The Kree are kept on a disease ridden reservation, Jean Grey is a whore, most of the other mutants have been jailed by President X who ordered for Quicksilver's limbs to be removed and occasionally visits the caged X-Men (apparently he's quite mad), Rick Jones is a junkie, the Fantastic Four died horrific deaths in space because Ben Grimm thought stealing a space ship was a crazy idea, Thor's a cult leader with a hardware store hammer, Nick Fury's a cannibal, and Silver Surfer tore his own guts out in space.

I wouldn't call it realistic so much as a hyper-pessimistic reversal of Alex Ross's Marvels. Even Warren Ellis didn't like it that much.

Wait, how the hell did Galactus die?

RonnieWooWoo! on
    Woo!
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ruins sounds awful.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ruins sounds like it was written by an emo kid.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    MountainDooMountainDoo Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    lol

MountainDoo on
    PSWii60.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    lol

Thanks for resurrecting a real crap thread.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]