As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I want a next-gen Vampire: The Requiem game.

• Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    SERIOUSLY GODDAMN SEWERS.

Yeah the sewers were some bullshit

And that boss at the end of the snuff film thing

The Tzimice boss was quite annoying, but no where near as annoying as the two Kuei-Jin bosses in the Giovanni mansion. Of course i think you get the Flamethrower immediately afterward so any actual vampire bosses go down instantly.

Lord Homsar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    CangoFett wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Seeing
    the werewolf when you first go to the pier scared the fuck out of me
    and made me play right through to the hotel (which I had heard hype about) and then I got really scared again from the lightbulb blowing outside and didn't play for about a week. Such an awesome game.

whaa? on the pier?

Hes wrong, the thing by th pier was
    beckett in his wolf form. Gangrel can transform into werewolf like beasts. But they arent werewolf. When you see a werewolf, you will *know* its a werewolf.
    Are you sure it was Beckett? It might have been the murderer, when you confront him at the end of the "find the murderer" quest, he throws a bunch of shit at you, then you either convince him to stop killing humans, or fight him in his wolfman form.

It was Beckett. You see him transform, and one of the dialogue options afterward is "Are you a werewolf?!"

Hmm... I thought that scene was halfway thru the Warehouse quest.

Oh no, you're right, for some reason I was reading "pier" and thinking of the train yard.

When do you see a werewolf at the Pier? I only remember the dead body the police are investigating, not actually seeing any wolves/werewolves.

If you turn around and look at the hill (that you can't get to), you see the silhouette of a wolf howling at the moon, and then running off. I only noticed it second time around, as Malkavian. I suppose it could just be for malks, but I doubt it as it doesn't really fit.

L|ama on
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i just use noclip to skip through the sewers.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I never actually solved the pier murders. I should do that on my pending second run(Tremere).

I did the Malk first, which was probably a bad idea.

As for the werewolf, the Anarch path has the best resolution to that event ever.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    As for running through with the Tremere

I just made it into Downtown. I made a mistake and didn't have Persuasion at 5 before dealing with Jeannette and Therese, so that was unfortunate.
    I am, however, able to make my way comfortably through most encounters with Blood Purge as it completely incapacitates all of the guys around me. There is a range problem, though if there weren't it would be pretty damn overpowered.

Bloodlines, like any RPG on the computer besides the Baldur's Gate and occasionally the Icewind Dale series, is a hard game to actually role-play through. With the community patch I took the Infernal background, but as it is I have Humanity 10. There just aren't any good ways to be evil in the game that make it more interesting.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The ending to V:TM meta plot that White Wolf offered suuuucked.

I actually don't remember reading it. You think you can lay out a sparknotes?

God makes a curse that begins to slowly travel through all Vampires and kill them. Vampires all over the world begin to try and redeem them selves to get on the big guys good side while others just see it as an opportunity to go out in a bang and lose all humanity.

It was supposed to give players a chance to look at their characters all deeply etc, but it really just sucked.

That's lame as shit. No Caine walking the land, no Antediluvians... what the hell.

That did happen in the final novel, at least.
    I loved the novels. Hesha Ruhadz is so goddamn awesome.

Yes. So were Khalil Ravana and Calebros.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    What I'm saying is I want to play through BG TuTu and BG2 again.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i need some patches. :|

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »

God makes a curse that begins to slowly travel through all Vampires and kill them. Vampires all over the world begin to try and redeem them selves to get on the big guys good side while others just see it as an opportunity to go out in a bang and lose all humanity.

It was supposed to give players a chance to look at their characters all deeply etc, but it really just sucked.

That's lame as shit. No Caine walking the land, no Antediluvians... what the hell.

Yeah, I never went through all of the novels, though I did read quite a few of them. I think I accidentally read some out of place, so I was pretty confused at first, hah.
    Calebros was great, but Hesha was easily one of my favorite characters ever. I've always had a soft spot for Theo Bell, though, I admit.
    He's half the reason I made my elder character an Archon in the forum game Ave. is running.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Most of the glitches can be fixed by saving at the spot where they happen, then reloading. It got me through the plague bearer and Chinatown glitches(the worst).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    there's just so many patches. :|

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Did you download through Steam, dogg?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I never went through all of the novels, though I did read quite a few of them. I think I accidentally read some out of place, so I was pretty confused at first, hah.

5159G2Q42GL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Track down a copy ASAP.
    Calebros was great, but Hesha was easily one of my favorite characters ever. I've always had a soft spot for Theo Bell, though, I admit.

I found an interesting V:TM graphic novel that had a story about Theo. He also has a pretty big role in the Gehenna novel.
    He's half the reason I made my elder character an Archon in the forum game Ave. is running.

?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

not at liberty to divulge that information at this time.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, Ave., his wife, three of our friends, and I played White Wolf games for three, almost four years or so together. It was easily the best group we had because there was plenty of conflict between the players that also incorporated climax and resolution that kept the games interesting.

Ave. is a great storyteller.

Anyway, since we've all split up and moved off, we made a forum game so we can keep playing with each other. The best way to do this was with Elder characters since they tend to not make direct movements constantly.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

not at liberty to divulge that information at this time.

ah, I getcha. Go ahead and search for the Bloodlines 1.2 patch, then use the link I gave you to download the community patch (1.2 -> 5.6 or whatever)

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I wouldn't mind checking that out if there's openings or something(I assume it's going on elsewhere).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

No idea who these people are, but I may have to check out these novels.

I fondly remember Dire McCann from the Masque of the Red Death trilogy though.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    bioware's dragon ages presentation at PAX was sooo bad

i felt bad for them

i mean who uses wireless speakers on the showroom floor of pax

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    No idea who these people are, but I may have to check out these novels.

I fondly remember Dire McCann from the Masque of the Red Death trilogy though.

There's 13 novels, each about one of the main clans, with a key protagonist.

Hesha = Setite
    Khalil = Ravnos
    Calebros = Nosferatu(the final novel).

Each book has its own story, but they all connect to a larger one about a dangerous artefact that falls into the possession of one unlucky Toreador which sets off a chain reaction that affects the entire world, including the cause of the Gangrel leaving the Camarilla.

They somehow made the clans I least expected to care about the most interesting.

There were also two novels outside of the 13: 'Anthology'(some awesome short stories) and Gehenna(the Masquerade finale).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I wouldn't mind checking that out if there's openings or something(I assume it's going on elsewhere).

You'd have to ask Ave. but I don't know if we're gonna accept openings. Shrug, he might be okay with it, I really have no idea.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also, I think they later republished the clan novel series as three books instead of 13.

n120789.jpg

I've never actually seen them.

And what luck, that has Khalil, Hesha, and Calebros on the cover.

(Also Lucita from Lasombra.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Lucita was pretty cool, but Hesha seriously takes every possible cake then sells it back to you with narcotics baked in.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I never liked the Setites until I read that novel.

And I never, ever would've predicted the events of the Assamite book.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I personally like the Anarchs too much to go with anyone else in the endgame. Also the werewolf bit is just fucking badass, and my favourite line of the game is there:
    "You're liked a candy heart with the words 'Fuck You' printed on it" to Damsel

also I really wanna read the books one day so I'd appreciate not mentioning really cool spoilers

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ave. played a character that I thought was a great Setite in his first serious game. I remember later on under a lamer storyteller he and I played Setites from the Dark Ages to the Modern Nights. That was pretty fun. I played an 8th generation Warrior of Set and he the mastermind. I had Arcane 5 and stayed out of sight of most other people for a long time.

The storyteller was a retard so he granted us the opportunity to diablerize, but I think I chose to maintain my Arcane rating instead :3

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    And my favorite line comes from that scene as well.
    "How did you survive your encounter with the werewolf?"

nines.jpg

Nines: "You mean... him?"

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    L|ama wrote: »
    I personally like the Anarchs too much to go with anyone else in the endgame. Also the werewolf bit is just fucking badass, and my favourite line of the game is there:
    "You're liked a candy heart with the words 'Fuck You' printed on it" to Damsel

also I really wanna read the books one day so I'd appreciate not mentioning really cool spoilers

It's alright, I don't think I remember anything too damning anyway.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i can't find any patches past 1.2 until 5.0 D:

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dude I posted a link from that patches 1.2 -> 5.6

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i seee. o:

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    so, i downloaded this thing that was 1.2 to 5.3... does that mean i get all those patches?

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Note, those are fan patches. Some fan patches are all, "Hey I fixed these bugs"

Others are all "Sup you now get 500 exp and potence is 1 hit kills and last forevers just like in teh books kthnx"

Becareful.

CangoFett on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i just got the unofficial patches. o.o

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

It's kind of an experiment at this stage. We just started it about two weeks ago. If this story works out well, I'd like to run a larger one, but for now I'm sticking with players who I know personally. (There are definitely some weird things that come up in adapting pencil/paper games to a forum, and I'm hoping to work those out.)

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    CangoFett wrote: »
    Note, those are fan patches. Some fan patches are all, "Hey I fixed these bugs"

Others are all "Sup you now get 500 exp and potence is 1 hit kills and last forevers just like in teh books kthnx"

Becareful.

The one I linked to is the official unofficial patch to 5.6. It's trustable.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    goddamnit someone help me out here. i'm at the part in the sewers with the big giant metal door in the floor, with one of those horrible demon-lady things guarding it that i snuck past. i don't have any way to open the fucking door. i've pretty much snuck past everything to get here. what do i do?

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    goddamnit someone help me out here. i'm at the part in the sewers with the big giant metal door in the floor, with one of those horrible demon-lady things guarding it that i snuck past. i don't have any way to open the fucking door. i've pretty much snuck past everything to get here. what do i do?

You mean the big round door with the Scaffolding around it? If so, you gotta backtrack a little ways, and you will see a Nosferatu fighting some monsters, near there is a corpse with a Keycard by it. Pick up the card and go back to the control panel by the metal foor and hit the button.

Lord Homsar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yeah i figured it out eventually. :| chinatown is cool... gonna go jack up some humies.

Metzger Meister on