As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nakirush's Art Thread (Painting WIP 9-7-08) NSFW/56k

nakirushnakirush Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Artist's Corner
Mike's paintings really inspired me to give painting a go again. I'd done watercolors before, but only for a couple weeks and I really didn't like how the paints would bleed. I decided to try acrylics this time around, and I've been really enjoying it thus far.

Since Mike was the inspiration, I decided to paint a couple PA characters. That and I thought comic characters might be an easy subject matter to start with...

tychogabexu4.th.jpg

tychogabe2kk7.th.jpg

Previous Updates-

Zombies Are People Too - 7-17-08
queenofthedeadgb0.jpg

Anatomy and a Demon Dude - 6-28-08
I started reading Burn Hogarth's Dynamic anatomy and have seen drastic improvement since then.

First-
anatomystudy2kr1.jpg

Second-
demonsketchen0.jpg

For reference, here's one from about eight months ago.
anatomystudybakel9.jpg

Speed Painting - 6-27-08
My first (mildly successful) attempt speed painting. I'm not at all the painting type, so I really don't know how to go further with this. (The lines were added after the speed painting part to give it some more definition.) Suggestions?

spacemanph2.jpg

Zatanna 6-26-08-
Hey guys.

It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd show you my latest piece. I did a picture of DC's Zatanna for a friend recently. I consider it done, but I'd appreciate your critique and things I should watch for on future projects.

zatannain5.jpg

Also, I came in third-place in Star Wars Galaxies create a painting contest this week.

primalrt8.jpg

nakirush on

• Options
    u63ru63r Jon "Bad Wasabi" Wood Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Did something get in Zatanna's eye? :)

u63r on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Haha :D Must have been one of those magic splinters. Those things hurt

nakirush on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Bump for new picture. See first post. Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

nakirush on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Two sketches added today. Feedback, tips and suggestions greatly appreciated. I started drawing anime when I was ten - big mistake.. Traces of that style have been stuck in my work ever since then and I'm always trying to pull away from that.

nakirush on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh those are beautiful!

I've had burn hogarth's book for a good 4 months. I think it's all still a bit beyond me at the moment though.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Added another picture. Critiques appreciated.

nakirush on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Please take two seconds and make a peace sign with your hand, and look at it. There are some very obvious differences from what you will find, and what you have drawn. Also, her foremost arm is strangely thin where the elbow connects.

That said, you do have a nice line quality in the image.

Sublimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thanks, Sublimus! You are absolutely right on both counts. :D

nakirush on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fixed.

nakirush on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm only a couple hours in, but I thought it would be nice to get some in-progress feedback. Right now my biggest problem with the piece is the d20. Any advice on where I'm going wrong with that would be great. Any advice at all would be great, actually. :D

Thanks!

nakirush on