As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Intimate Brutality" is an awesome name for a band.

TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonightHas stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Social Entropy++
I thought having to wait for Dawn of War 2 was going to make my head explode.

Then they go and do this shit.

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
Tonkka on

• Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    FUCK yes

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    trantramptrantramp Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    looks kinda shit

trantramp on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hmm

well this certainly looks intersting

potatoe on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am more excited by the concept than the video

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    seems a little, simple

potatoe on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This game looks fucking awesome.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    trantramptrantramp Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    potatoe wrote: »
    seems a little, simple

yeah

trantramp on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The game hasn't even been announced; that's a proof of concept video. Which means that the engine, art assets, more or less every aspect of the game are far from finished. So bear that in mind while you watch the video.

It looks like it could be pretty cool, though, so long as they execute it well.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It looks like Gears but focused on the punching rather than the shooting.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i just assumed this would be another shitty metal thread

looks pretty cool though

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    vsove wrote: »
    The game hasn't even been announced; that's a proof of concept video. Which means that the engine, art assets, more or less every aspect of the game are far from finished. So bear that in mind while you watch the video.

It looks like it could be pretty cool, though, so long as they execute it well.

Yeah, this is definitely a "show the bosses where you are going with this idea' video. Which is probably why there are so many dumb buzzwords everywhere. Corporate loves them some buzzwords.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have an awesome name for a band but fuck you guys. I'm keeping it for myself.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    God of There is Only War?

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BigDes wrote: »
    It looks like Gears but focused on the punching rather than the shooting.

Gears of Warhammer 40k: Space marine

Still, so far it looks as though they are headed in the right direction. Gears of War uses cover tactics, Space Marines wear their cover, so I'm glad to see him just walking around letting rounds hit him as if it weren't no thang.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the cinematic kills could get annoying after a while

but this is just a proof o' concept video so I'm not too concerned over anything other than the chance of this actually getting developed

a good idea would be to drastically up the number of minions and shit and then make them weaker, so your guy has to wade through crowds of weak underlings to get to the Chaos Marine leading them.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There are a lot of "I hope they do this" comments I have, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I could sit here and dream about everything that would make this game perfect, but the only thing that I'm going to put out there is 5 player combat squads versus online multiplayer.

Because that would rule.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    space marine has to hit a traitor guard three times to open him up for a kill

that's something I really hope they change

if I'm playing a game about a Space Marine I want to be carving my way through entire companies of men

one punch, three men die

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    JarofmoldymayoJarofmoldymayo __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I wanna play as a goddamn Blood Angels death company Chaplain

Hells yeah.

Those Death Company marines are crazy fucks. They think they are Sanguiness himself.

Jarofmoldymayo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fuck that faggy vampire bullshit

Space Wolf

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    JarofmoldymayoJarofmoldymayo __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Probably just Ultramarines dude.

Oh well, at least we get to fight some Tyranids most likely, that'll be cool.

And also fuck you, Death Company is awesome, they get to make an extra save at 4+ to fight even when mortally wounded.

Jarofmoldymayo on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Snowbeat wrote: »

but this is just a proof o' concept video so I'm not too concerned over anything other than the chance of this actually getting developed

a good idea would be to drastically up the number of minions and shit and then make them weaker, so your guy has to wade through crowds of weak underlings to get to the Chaos Marine leading them.

Dynasty Warriors: Space Marine? I could see it working, if you upped the violence.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Which is pretty much how things work in 40k

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

Dynasty Warriors: Space Marine? I could see it working, if you upped the violence.

well not so much "standing in one place and swinging"

more like "charging through a company of traitor guard, cutting them down with single shots and well-placed chainsword swings, while unlucky ones bounce off your armor or are run down and crushed under your boots"

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

well not so much "standing in one place and swinging"

more like "charging through a company of traitor guard, cutting them down with single shots and well-placed chainsword swings, while unlucky ones bounce off your armor or are run down and crushed under your boots"

Oh I love it when you talk sexy

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    christ almighty that looks a hell of a lot better than Fire Warrior ever was

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That is not what I was expecting at all. I'll keep an eye on it but really Dawn of War 2 is the only WH40k that matters in the forseeable future.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I would kill for a COD4-style shooter wherein you played a Imperial Guard trooper, slowly moving up in the ranks as you improbably survive massive battles

finally ending with you being a Kaskrin Trooper in service of a Inquisitor and delving deep into a horrifying Chaos citadel

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    There are a ton of options for kickass, accessible games in the 40k universe

squad-based Deathwatch Killteam game in which you play as a single marine advancing in a campaign from Tau sympathizers to Eldar influences to full blown Genestealer Cults

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i agree with pretty much everything everyone is saying
    this proof of concept video shows that some dudes are on the right track
    there is a ton of potential for totally awesome games in many... game types (fps, third person gears of war type thing, rts, sneaky spy type, several kinds of rpgs)

i love the setting of wh40k, but there is no way in hell i can afford to play the miniature wargame thing
    and my computer can barely view pdfs

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The camera jerks way too much. They need to smooth that out.

Katholic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    it is a proof of concept
    we are years away from this game

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i still say this game needs dismemberments and far more blood and gore

more enemies than i saw in the video too

i want to mow down whole lines of traitor guard

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    As far as chapters go, a Dark Angel hunting for the fallen... yeah, boner.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Iintimate brutality sounds like a bunch of jock-bro redbull and roids induced BALLS.

Redbull and roids is a drink I just made up.

Only assholes drink it.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    OsoniOsoni Master of Magic MyrrorRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Imagine this game if you played an Ork...
    And you start off fighting other Orks in the tutorial and then participate in a WAAAGH!? And then you go around an Imperial planet choppin' and shootan'... till the Imperial Guard come and you fight da Humie army, then da Beakies come and you fight them, then da Spikey Boyz o' Chaos come and you fight THEM. As you collect WAAAGH orbs from fallen enemies and level up, you could choose between the Mork skill tree or the Gork skill tree, slowly growing and shaping your Ork into a cunningly brutal Mork Warboss or a brutally cunning Gork Warboss...

I mean, I'll take a Space Marine game, sure. It looks cool. But Orks, man...

Orks.

Osoni on
    masterofmagicsig.jpg
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    this game looks lame and the stupid sequences when you kill somebody look like they'd just get annoying.

Grath on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    He said up close & personal 40k times in that video

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Osoni wrote: »
    Imagine this game if you played an Ork...
    And you start off fighting other Orks in the tutorial and then participate in a WAAAGH!? And then you go around an Imperial planet choppin' and shootan'... till the Imperial Guard come and you fight da Humie army, then da Beakies come and you fight them, then da Spikey Boyz o' Chaos come and you fight THEM. As you collect WAAAGH orbs from fallen enemies and level up, you could choose between the Mork skill tree or the Gork skill tree, slowly growing and shaping your Ork into a cunningly brutal Mork Warboss or a brutally cunning Gork Warboss...

I mean, I'll take a Space Marine game, sure. It looks cool. But Orks, man...

Orks.

if you played as an ork, it would be a different game

this concept has a lot of potential
    the video is pretty much a concept type video, to convince whoever to give the developers money to keep on going, if i understand this

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They should make a tactical rpg based on some Witchhunters.

Unravel a despicable cult and keep civilians in line by killing them.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Looks like Assassin's Creed minus the kick ass free running/parkour.

So, yeah, kind of looks like shit... Hope they fix it up as I'm assuming this is an alpha/beta.

As well, anyone else looking forward to Mirror's Edge?

Comahawk on