As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I want a next-gen Vampire: The Requiem game.

1234568»

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    THE GIOVANNI MISSION IS SO FUN. FUCK YOU ZOMBIES RAAAAAAA SWORD SWORD SWORD. And then the tow brothers suddenly crank up the difficulty unless you bottleneck them in that hallway you first enter the sarcophogaus room through and unleash DER JAEGERSPAZ.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    THE GIOVANNI MISSION IS SO FUN. FUCK YOU ZOMBIES RAAAAAAA SWORD SWORD SWORD. And then the tow brothers suddenly crank up the difficulty unless you bottleneck them in that hallway you first enter the sarcophogaus room through and unleash DER JAEGERSPAZ.

I played it with the awesome sword from Chinatown, and with a Melee of something ridiculous like 10; the
    claw brother was almost dead before his health bar even appeared, and then I made short work of the other one. It was ridiculous, I was some kind of vampire Cuisinart.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think my next playthrough is a super-melee female malkavian.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think my next playthrough is a super-melee female malkavian.

That's what I did for my second playthrough. The first one was a male melee Toreador, simply because Celerity level 5 is ridiculously fun to use. Playing as a Malk makes the game a lot of fun in the conversations, though, because your character just continuosly gets more and more batshit crazy.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    this fucking monastery mission is going to be fucking hard. :|

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How does Celerity look in the game? Seems fun.

I wish the game offered more replay value with the different clans. It's really not that fun, especially if you made the mistake of rolling a Malkavian for your first time through (because as far as I can tell the replay value is all in the Malkavian twist).

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Celerity slows things down i think. Maybe speeds you up a little too. Its pretty fun, i think i like it best out of all the physical disciplines

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh hey... just out for a smoke break, are you? Tough day and all? Yeah... yeah I'll bet these breaks are pretty nice once in a while. NECK SNAAAAAAAPPPPPP

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Celereity in this game is the best super speed ever. At like ,Levels 1 and 2, you just go faster. at Levels 3-5 I think, everything else goes slow to make it seem like you're moving faster. So you can dodge bullets, run behind a dude, and shotgun him in the back of the head.

My next runthru im going pure guns, super speedins, pants removin wimmens seducin' toreador.

CangoFett on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, hey guy... don't you turn around you fucker. I swear if you turn around this is only going to be worse for you...

And then I stealth-kill him with the katana and there's japanese music and I'm like YOU LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Keep an extra save before you get too deep in the monastery. There's one evil, evil boss battle waiting at the end.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hm, do I do bidness with the Russkies or get some money from a club...

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i find the money to be quite useful. periodic bolstering of the ol' wallet.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah I just drained him dry. The girl's hotter.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    While Thaumaturgy is useful, the Trance+Bite combo is easily the best

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i hit him with a fire axe and then bare-hand massacred his buds.

i am a whirlwind of painful agonizing death.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I wish being a cunning trickster would be more rewarding than a bare-fisted Brujah

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    it can be but only if you're a malkavian

no other race can convince a russian thug to kill his buddies by making him think he's a bear and his friends are salmon

Rust on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Does blood boil (thaum 5) work on supernaturals too?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does blood boil (thaum 5) work on supernaturals too?

It'll do damage but it won't outright kill them like it does on people.

Hybrid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    When do you get the apt in downtown? I haven't gotten it yet and me want... :(

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Actually no wait, it'll work the same on average supernaturals, but what I said before applies to bosses.

To get the apartment you have to be supernice to LaCroix and then you should get it after you do the mission where you visit the ship.

Hybrid on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In the endgame, I pretty much got reduced to quicksaving after every bit of progress against a boss without any health lost. Though that doesn't always work.

And I never got a new haven during my Malk run. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to the Tremere one(the Regent hooks you up with a spot in the Chantry, I hear).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The sledgehammer might be my favorite melee weapon still, despite the awesomeness of the katana.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    FFFFFFFFFUUUUCK THE ORDER OF LEOPOLD OR WHATEVER.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Which part is giving you trouble?

Lord Homsar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Probably the sniper. I don't remember anything else being much trouble.

Then again, I never went anywhere without Obfuscate up and running.

That ability had me spoiled.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

the very beginning! i killed two hunters inside the building proper, which was easy to get into, but there's three at the end of the hallway with fucking... i dunno... laser pistols or something that kill me really fast. and i can't figure out how to get past them.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

the very beginning! i killed two hunters inside the building proper, which was easy to get into, but there's three at the end of the hallway with fucking... i dunno... laser pistols or something that kill me really fast. and i can't figure out how to get past them.

you gotta be a sneaky sally for the first portion of that mission imo

just stalk through the place reprogramming the laser grids and snappin necks

once you hit the basement the areas become more wide-open and you can have a proper slobberknocker

Rust on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i hate to necro-post, but i just wanna say that playing a female malkavian/downloading the community patches is like the best decision ever.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    guys

have you talked about hunter: the vigil yet?

because you should

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    why, no. we have not.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i am running a hunter: the vigil campaign right now

it is pretty fucking awesome

you can run it in a bunch of different ways

you could basically do Supernatural: The RPG

personally i am running a campaign that has shades of Delta Green, with the PCs working for Task Force: Valkyrie, a monster-hunting US government black op.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    But you're not running one here, so we can't join it. :|

I joined a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game and got buried in WW lore after about two hours of crash studying. I like it so far. (Went for Children of Gaia/Shadow Strider, sort of.)

Also, got a glimpse at the Autumn Nightmares Changeling book.

That is some freaky stuff.

Fetch-children.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png