As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Name is [Chat]

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    So my little sister has been screaming and shouting all day because my father won't shell out $3000 for her to do one of those high school "let's go to Italy for two weeks" things.

:|
    3000$ for a school trip? What the fuck?
    My father just said, "You already have a car!"

To which she just responds, "This isn't about my car!"

:|:|:|

Yeah but, 3k?

A year worth of college is only 2k over here. I can't even imagine how they could expect any student to pay 3k, unless it's one of those private institutions full of white rich kids.

Aldo on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So my little sister has been screaming and shouting all day because my father won't shell out $3000 for her to do one of those high school "let's go to Italy for two weeks" things.

I dunno. 5 days in America is €1.2k in my school, although that is a ski trip with full lessons, trips around some place and full insurance for when some retard breaks their leg.

Tav on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    How fucking stupid are Funcom trying to charge $5 for the AoC trial?

Best of my knowledge they only charged for the download client, I was able to give than my discs and a free weak trial.

And even then 5 dollars for a trial isn't bad, you'd play the game get a feel for a decent meele system with cool fatalities and how mind numbing boring the world is with no real feeling of connectedness.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Anyone watching the MLB lately? If so, can someone tell me what the fuck rock the Blue Jays managed to find a team under? They're on a nine game winning streak. It's like Cito Gaston's return singlehandedly caused the team to go from 'suck' to 'holy shit'.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

Yeah but, 3k?

A year worth of college is only 2k over here. I can't even imagine how they could expect any student to pay 3k, unless it's one of those private institutions full of white rich kids.
    No, it's a public school and almost every public high school I've known of runs a trip like this. They're not intended to get more than 6-9 students out of groups from several hundred to 1, 1.5 thousand

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I dunno. 5 days in America is €1.2k in my school, although that is a ski trip with full lessons, trips around some place and full insurance for when some retard breaks their leg.
    Why the flying fuck would an Irishman go to America for skiing? You can ski just fine in the Alps and -what's the mountain range between Spain and France called in English, it's Pyreneeën in Dutch-.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No, it's a public school and almost every public high school I've known of runs a trip like this. They're not intended to get more than 6-9 students out of groups from several hundred to 1, 1.5 thousand
    Only in America. D:

Aldo on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Yeah but, 3k?

I hate your cheap university schools.
    I'm so jealous.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pyrenees.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    come onnnnn ike

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

Best of my knowledge they only charged for the download client, I was able to give than my discs and a free weak trial.

And even then 5 dollars for a trial isn't bad, you'd play the game get a feel for a decent meele system with cool fatalities and how mind numbing boring the world is with no real feeling of connectedness.

Yeah

but every other MMO out there has a totally free trial and most of them are for more then a week. Why should I pay for an mediocre MMO with a tiny playerbase when I can play any other mediocre MMO with a tiny playerbase for free?

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Pyrenees.
    Thank you.

anyway, it's a lot cheaper there than the Rockies.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ok glad I wasn't the only one in that thread that didn't see what advice he was soliciting feral. I mean he's basically saying "Bitches be crazy and they want my balls."

"Congratulations?"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ok glad I wasn't the only one in that thread that didn't see what advice he was soliciting feral. I mean he's basically saying "Bitches be crazy and they want my balls."

"Congratulations?"
    I think he's going for "how can I get non-crazy bitches to also jump right in my lap?" :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro, understand that I am completely aware of all of the implications of this statement be they psychological, sociological, or possibly even geopolitical when I say: you need to cock-slap the bitch.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yeah

but every other MMO out there has a totally free trial and most of them are for more then a week. Why should I pay for an mediocre MMO with a tiny playerbase when I can play any other mediocre MMO with a tiny playerbase for free?

Not initially though, I recall wow didn't have a free trial for a bit. Either way 7 days is more then enough time to figure out AoC has some interesting concepts and some horrible execution. That I played it for a couple months is not very surprising I mean I played FFXI for like 4 months.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2008

"Congratulations?"
    I think he's going for "how can I get non-crazy bitches to also jump right in my lap?" :P

He didn't really ask that though? I mean I read his post I'm lost.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Why the flying fuck would an Irishman go to America for skiing? You can ski just fine in the Alps and -what's the mountain range between Spain and France called in English, it's Pyreneeën in Dutch-.

The Pyrenees.

It's mainly going to America for the sake of going to America. The majority of the people going are in their last year of school and coming up to exams and the trip is the second last good thing the school is organizing for them after the Debs.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also I think death of rats should be banned from H/A his girl thread is retarded and I feel retarded for having attempted to contribute.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I remember it was $300 for a trip to New York. Where the greatest expense next to the adequate hotel would be the greyhound bus to get there.

$300 was decided to be too much by my mom and so I didn't go :| . Your sister's a brat.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Oboro, understand that I am completely aware of all of the implications of this statement be they psychological, sociological, or possibly even geopolitical when I say: you need to cock-slap the bitch.
    I would, but no point. She left a secret message telling me basically to GTFO, which nixes my moral qualms with up-and-going. The best way I can cock-slap her is by giving her what I want, packing my shit up and leaving, so that she loses her chauffeur and then she gets to appreciate the vast wasteland that is northwest North Carolina.

Of course, I still don't have any plan of my own, so. The cock-slap would go both ways.

EDIT: She's a brat because she was raised like that, same with my older sister. My father took to heart the idea that he was "supposed to" spoil his daughters. And, well, you better fucking believe he did.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Not initially though, I recall wow didn't have a free trial for a bit. Either way 7 days is more then enough time to figure out AoC has some interesting concepts and some horrible execution. That I played it for a couple months is not very surprising I mean I played FFXI for like 4 months.
    MMOs only offer trials after the main rush of people who started at launch are more spread out throughout the game. If they offered trials right away no one would buy the game right away and they would have to wait until 2 weeks after launch before they'd sell anything.

After that: yeah, provide a free experience, it's basically similar to any other demos out there, all demos are free, otherwise it defeats the point.

Aldo on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Woah I almost got the gender wrong on this cover letter

Guy's name is "Brooks" but I read "Brooke" heh

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yeah, most MMOs wait a month or two before releasing trials so their servers aren't raped, but the trials are free.

My point is that the game has gotten nothing but negative press since a month after it was released, and the trial is supposed to get people interested so that they might go out and buy it. Making people pay for a demo (I think it's pretty much only Tortage) is fucking stupid.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

Could still be a woman. Believe me there is nothing more embarrasing then talking to a customer who sounds like a woman but has a name like Micheal. I mean eventually you have to confirm it and going "Uhh micheal?" never goes well.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    Anyone watching the MLB lately? If so, can someone tell me what the fuck rock the Blue Jays managed to find a team under? They're on a nine game winning streak. It's like Cito Gaston's return singlehandedly caused the team to go from 'suck' to 'holy shit'.

They've always had good pitching, what with Halladay being a beast and all. It was only a matter of when they'd ever get their offense going.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So mention of the Death of Rats 'girl thread' in H/A made me start poring over all the 'girl threads' on the front page.

People are seriously incompetent.

Seriously.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Should have sent it like that anyway. It would have made you stand out.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Bitch be spoiled. Get over it. Go watch My Super Sweet 16 and thank your deity that she's not one of them.

Tav on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

Could still be a woman. Believe me there is nothing more embarrasing then talking to a customer who sounds like a woman but has a name like Micheal. I mean eventually you have to confirm it and going "Uhh micheal?" never goes well.

Well he has a picture up on the firm's website so it's definitely a guy

Whoever started the trend of naming girls michael should be shot

"Oh hey it's a girl, well shit, let's name it the same thing anyway!"

Medopine on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bitch be spoiled. Get over it. Go watch My Super Sweet 16 and thank your deity that she's not one of them.

My generation makes me sad. :(

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So mention of the Death of Rats 'girl thread' in H/A made me start poring over all the 'girl threads' on the front page.

Seriously.

People who post relationship threads in h/a can 90% be answered the same way.

"You need to dump her/let her go."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well he has a picture up on the firm's website so it's definitely a guy

Whoever started the trend of naming girls michael should be shot

"Oh hey it's a girl, well shit, let's name it the same thing anyway!"

Or boys named Sue. I mean it was a song guys.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Seriously.

And 90% of the ones that aren't about relationships, but about ohmigod should I get into a relationship or not I don't know anything seem as if they can be answered with "let it ride."

I mean, it's a huge OP where the author repeatedly states that he wants to do this one thing, and then instead of doing this one thing, he doesn't do it, or he ... needs some ridiculous amount of validation. I mean. You do things. That's what living is. You do. :|

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I cannot watch that show without fearing that the fires of rage would spill forth from mine eyes and set alight the living room.

The Raging Platypus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Seriously.

And 90% of the ones that aren't about relationships, but about ohmigod should I get into a relationship or not I don't know anything seem as if they can be answered with "let it ride."

I mean, it's a huge OP where the author repeatedly states that he wants to do this one thing, and then instead of doing this one thing, he doesn't do it, or he ... needs some ridiculous amount of validation. I mean. You do things. That's what living is. You do. :|

Paralysis by analysis. *firm nod*

The Raging Platypus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You know, I haven't flown on an aeroplane in a while. I'd like to do that.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Trying not to clutter up H/A, and the Google just returns a bunch of "SELL UR CAR NOW" websites:

How exactly do I legally sell a car that I own? The registration is in my name, I have insurance for it, and I don't owe any money. I completely own this car. What exactly is the procedure, what kind of paperwork do I have to fill out (if any), and where do I do that?

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Uh Obo, travelling around with destination unknown doesn't sound like it would be beneficial to your health.

Not that that ever stopped you, but hey.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Trying not to clutter up H/A, and the Google just returns a bunch of "SELL UR CAR NOW" websites:

How exactly do I legally sell a car that I own? The registration is in my name, I have insurance for it, and I don't owe any money. I completely own this car. What exactly is the procedure, what kind of paperwork do I have to fill out (if any), and where do I do that?

You should have a title for the car, there is a part on the title where you can sign the car over to someone else, you sign they sign you take it down to a place that would issue tabs pay 20 bucks and they now own the car (at least thats how you do it in washington).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.