As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox 360] CoD 4 - Saturday 10 PM EST - It's on bitches.

3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Fast Disclaimer: Thread created with blessings of Irond Will.

Welcome to the D&D Xbox 360 thread.

xbox360logo.jpg

Some of us may recall a older, grander time, a time Torque Bows, or sailing the dune seas in a Elephant carrier as pirates. After all, what is spirited debate without the occasional pixelated fatality? For too long we have used our words and wit to debate and whittle each other's positions into tatters. Now, I say we use grenade launchers and Spartan lasers to voice our concerns, and the battlefield shall be our quorum.

Q: What's the fuckin' deal?

A: This thread is for the sharing of Xbox gamer tags for D&D denizens, and, if we're lucky, some really bitching games on Xbox live. I will update this poast with any games we schedule, and with all D&D gamer tags I see posted. A long while ago, we had an older 360 thread and it fell by the wayside. This is my attempt to bring back some of that old ultraviolence.

So many new multiplayer games have come out!

Popular games of old we often played:

gears_of_war.jpgHalo3.jpg

We had truly epic games of Gears of War.

I want to throw down the gauntlet. I have personally laid my chainsaw bayonet to every mod on D&D with the exception of ElJeffe. Like Sarah Palin and a majestic polar bear, I cannot rest until I have sawed his head off with my lancer rifle, and mounted it on my fireplace mantle. I'm comin' for you Jeffe - and hopefully 'timezones' or a 'family' won't prevent you from logging on and getting your 360 on with us.

Lancer.png

Soon my pet. Soon.

Also, as an idea I'm kicking around - I'd like to do scheduled games that mirror certain threads. For example, i'd like to have a 2008 Presidential showdown, with equal teams representing the two parties. The victors will portend the elections results, much like the pre-madden games are used to predict super bowls. I'd like to see how many tags we get before I declare this grand contest.

The Great D&D 360 List O'Gamer Tags:

3lwap0 - lwap0
Irond Will - Irond Will
Organichu – Organichu
One Thousand Dicks – CableCarrier
The Green Eyed Monster - celery77
PantsB - PantsB
AngelHedgie - Nox Aeternum
Doc - Angry Steve
Drakeon – Drakieon
delzhand - delzhand
Alexander - caleso
Leitner - Prince Rhaegar
Drez – Drezdar
Evil Multifarious – Travysty
Gooey - V1scous
Steevl - steevl
Omnicron9999 – Omnicron999
Bama - Bama83
Nova_C - Nova Collision
Tach - Flannel Jedi
MikeMan - The Boximus
Raggaholic - Raggaholic
mrflippy – mrflippy
Inquisitor – Sunabozu
BubbaT - Bubba T
LibrarianThorne - LibThorne40k
Variable - Variable114L
Bogart - Daemonomania
Proto - Cpt McHuggs
AresProphet - AresProphet
clickforth - clickforth
Heffling - Alpha Night
iTunesIsEvil - VolatileSolvent
JustinSane07 - JustinSane07
Honk - HONKALOT
syndalis - Wyrmslayre
Tofystedeth - Tofystedeth
Senjutsu - Senj360
Archgarth - DoctorArch

3lwap0 on

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    Organichu - Organichu

Unfortunately right now I don't have a monitor and so I play 360 in a room away from my router where it's really difficult to get online hooked up without some creative wire routing. I try to get on occasionally, though.

Organichu on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One Thousand Dicks - CableCarrier

Right now I'm mostly kickin' it in Mercenaries 2, but after this weekend I don't see myself playing much of anything other than Rock Band 2. Speaking of which, we need to have a presidential rock-off.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    I am up for games. I'm away for 10 days or so, but will be back. Lately I've been playing Too Human, Tales of Vesperia and Castle Crashers. I'm picking up Rock Band 2 whenever it's out and I'm back home.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I support this post!

I made a PA D&D friend a long ass time ago, as well, and if you add that friend, you can view that friend's friends and see who on D&D is playing whatever.

But beyond all that -- fuck yeah, I'll play some games. Just getting in on some old school gears might make my month.

Oh, gamertag -- celery77

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am up for games. I'm away for 10 days or so, but will be back. Lately I've been playing Too Human, Tales of Vesperia and Castle Crashers. I'm picking up Rock Band 2 whenever it's out and I'm back home.
    I played some Castle Crashers online, and it ... well ... crashed every time. I kinda annoyed with that game.

edited September 2008
    Oh yes, games. Right now I'm playing a lot of Mercenaries 2 and Madden 09 (in which I'm by far greater than any of you underlings)... looking forward to NBA 2k9 and Far Cry 2.

Organichu on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    PantsB - wait for it... wait for it.... PantsB

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm game, though I'm lagging on some of these games.

Gamertag - Nox Aeternum

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited September 2008
    Seriously though, eight players, let's do Gears of War. If you don't have it, you're out.

Set a time, set a place (okay we did that already), and choose Gears cuz if you don't have it you're a square. Oh, also because bringing the chainsaw down on a fellow internet member is insanely satisfying. Fuck "other" games, let's do Gears.

• DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Doc - Angry Steve

Doc on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm up for some Gears or Halo (although I havent played Gears alot and I've hardly played Halo 3 online).

Drakeon - Drakieon

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
    edited September 2008
    Drakeon wrote: »
    I'm up for some Gears or Halo (although I havent played Gears alot and I've hardly played Halo 3 online).

Drakeon - Drakieon
    I'd be into some big Halo 3 games online. Just let it be big, silly, and full of ridiculous. Just set a time, pick a game (I'm assuming lots of rockets) and hell yeah I'll play.

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also an option is Call of Duty 4 if you don't have Gears and aren't a big dumb butt like celery is.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited September 2008
    Also an option is Call of Duty 4 if you don't have Gears and aren't a big dumb butt like celery is.
    Sorry, don't have Call of Duty, because I never felt the urge to pretend like I was a racist misogynist white pig from the 1940s letting all the darkies absorb the bullets for me while I got to run in with Tom Hanks and a handful of grenades.

edited September 2008
    Sorry, don't have Call of Duty, because I never felt the urge to pretend like I was a racist misogynist white pig from the 1940s letting all the darkies absorb the bullets for me while I got to run in with Tom Hanks and a handful of grenades.

That's not a problem because 4 doesn't take place in WWII. You'd know that if, you know, you weren't a dumb butt.

Like you are.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited September 2008

Yes in this game you get to kill people in the current age, but you don't feel too much like a racist because though some are ME some are also white.

It's very edifying.

Organichu on
    edited September 2008
    Shit -- it's not in WWII?

Well damn.

I still vote Halo or Gears.

• DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    GTA IV could also be some fun, that has up to 16 players right?

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll play when I can, usually at night, Pacific Time. And right now I'm replaying Bioshock, I think it's going to be one of my "playthrough once per year) games.

XBL Tag: DoctorArch.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

This would be awesome with people from D&D.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Archgarth wrote: »

This would be awesome with people from D&D.

It would be cultured thuggery.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited September 2008
    I'm really just looking forward to using the headphones with people who aren't calling me a deepthroater.

Maybe playing with PA isn't such a smart idea. :lol:

Organichu on
  • The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I lurk a lot in D&D, but don't post often due to most all you all being much more skilled at wordsmithery than I am. My tag is The Ratling , I dabble in Halo 3 and Forza 2 and GTA IV, though I don't mind adding people just to get a big friends list.

The Listener on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    delzhand

I'm sad to say I don't own Halo or GoW. Well, not sad exactly, they aren't really my type of games. I'm sad that I can't kill people instead of arguing with them.

Delzhand on
  • AlexanderAlexander Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    caleso

pew pew. I only have gta4 at the moment and need to buy a new wireless adapter but when I do!!!! pew pew pew pew pew in your face.

Alexander on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Prince Rhaegar

I've got Halo, Gears and COD4 so'd be up for any of them.

Leitner on
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Right. So what's everyone thinking of, say, this Friday? I don't want to schedule anything Sunday, as RockBand 2 is out, i'm sure everyone will be throwing the fuck down and getting their rock on.

So here's what I propose - Friday, say, 10 pm EST? We'll see how many show up. If it exceeds eight, we'll pick another game. If it stays about 8 (ish), then we'll get our Gears of War on. Like Cel, I need to chainsaw me some motherfuckers.

3lwap0 on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What time is that GMT?

Leitner on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Put my name up.

It's in my sig ("Drezdar").

WORD OF WARNING, THOUGH:
    "AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Central should be 9, so mountain would be 8, I think.

[ed] We should all look at Drez's gamerscore and go hide in a corner.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Evil Multifarious - Travysty

Fuck dudes. I would love to play GTA IV with all of you.

Unfortunately I RED RINGED ON FRIDAY :(:(

So it'll be a while before I get my 360 working again. Apparently I have to bring it to a UPS place and send it from there.

edit: I forgot to mention, I have Skate, GTA IV, Mercenaries 2, Burnout Paradise, Rock Band and Castle Crashers.

Evil Multifarious on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gooey - V1scous

Now hopefully I can get my 360 back in time to wtfpwnzor u bishes

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aw hell, I just got my 360 in June, and up until now I've only had real-life friends on my list. It'd be fun to try and play some games with you all, although I don't actually own CoD4, Halo 3, or GoW. I'm going to work on getting GoW soon, though.

I do have Too Human, Mercenaries 2, and GTA4, though.

steevl

I won't be around this weekend, unfortunately.

SteevL on
  • Omnicron9999Omnicron9999 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In a day or so I should be down for getting into this. I don't post much here, but I get the impression you guys would be a little less hardcore that some of the other boards.

My GT is my name minus one 9. I have Halo 3, GTA 4, and I really want to get GoW. Maybe this thread will spur me along.

EDIT: Gooey, do you have a link or something to a larger image of your sig? I love that pic, but I haven't been able to find it.

Omnicron9999 on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama83

Between the WAR beta and Spore I might not be on Live much, but I'll probably take time to play through Castle Crashers with some folks once they fix the connection issues. I also have GTA IV and Rock Band.

Don't ask me to play a FPS on a console.

edit: oh, and if the other guy that bought Warlords happens to read this - I will wreck your shit.

Bama on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    EDIT: Gooey, do you have a link or something to a larger image of your sig? I love that pic, but I haven't been able to find it.

I screen capped it from NBC's online video player. So that's about the size I took it at.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova Collision

I don't have live gold at the moment, but Castle Crashers is making me wish I did (Buggy netcode notwithstanding) and I do have Halo 3 and GoW....

So add me to the list and I'll get my gold membership up in the near future.

Nova_C on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I do not have Halo 3 or Gears of War... I am a sorry, sorry Xbox 360 owner, I know.

Nonetheless- Flannel Jedi

Tach on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tach wrote: »
    I do not have Halo 3 or Gears of War... I am a sorry, sorry Xbox 360 owner, I know.

Nonetheless- Flannel Jedi

Well, the only reason I have Halo 3 is it was one of four games that came free with my XBox when I bought it. It's cool enough, but I've never been a fan. GoW is badass, though.

Nova_C on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan - The Boximus

MikeMan on