As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR]OPEN BETA! WAAAAAAAGGHHHH!

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Yummy Yummy people cereal...

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    honestly as long as i can make my WAR UI eventually look like my WoW UI, i dont care
    iloveui.jpg

Unknown User on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    alchemical wrote: »
    I would love to hear anyone's impressions of playing a warrior priest. (Forgive me if this has been asked recently, I didn't see much for the last few pages)

They sound like a fun implementation of the holy knight/paladin sort of archetype. Can you do respectable damage or are your melee abilities performed strictly to generate Righteous Fury? It seems like the WP is supposed to be a front-lines fighter, so do you have the armor and hitpoints to last in a fight?

Warrior priests are hard to take down. Their damage is mid/low but because of their healing and buffs and stuff they're really awesome.

So awesome I am rolling WP as my main.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • rocka4himrocka4him Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    K thanks Morsk. ... *smacks head* of course it a harpy

rocka4him on
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To whoever asked, no, I never get healed.

I do manage to take down witch hunters quite a bit however.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »

I remember there being a PQ in the High Elf lands that involved fighting daemonettes and a champion of Slaanesh in a field of writhing, phallic tentacle monsters.

It was pretty disturbing.

Jebu on
    edited September 2008
    Has anyone here beta tested the squig herder class? I am planning on playing it and at this point its between this class and the shadow warrior. Is the squig hereder class more like the traditional "hunter" class or is it more?

rocka4him on
    edited September 2008
    Jebu wrote: »
    I remember there being a PQ in the High Elf lands that involved fighting daemonettes and a champion of Slaanesh in a field of writhing, phallic tentacle monsters.

It was pretty disturbing.

We need a Slaaneshi emote that's half D: with :winky: eyes.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    rocka4him wrote: »
    Has anyone here beta tested the squig herder class? I am planning on playing it and at this point its between this class and the shadow warrior. Is the squig hereder class more like the traditional "hunter" class or is it more?

It's the closest class in WAR to WoW's hunter. You get 4 different squigs that are specialized, though. Then your little gobbo is quite an archer himself.

captaink on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is there a way to up the brightness some where, this game plays fucking dark on my computer.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Timmer wrote: »
    alchemical wrote: »
    I would love to hear anyone's impressions of playing a warrior priest. (Forgive me if this has been asked recently, I didn't see much for the last few pages)

They sound like a fun implementation of the holy knight/paladin sort of archetype. Can you do respectable damage or are your melee abilities performed strictly to generate Righteous Fury? It seems like the WP is supposed to be a front-lines fighter, so do you have the armor and hitpoints to last in a fight?

I played one a bit last night finally and really enjoyed it. They start off a bit slow and are difficult to heal with at first with their reliance on RF. However, after a few levels and a few PQs/Scenarios, I was having fun. I think this will be a class where the good players vs the not-so-good will really show. Knowing when to get into the melee to do some damage and build up RF vs using your channeled RF build-up and doing good decisions of which of your defensive targets to buff along with your normal healing, there's a lot of strategy involved for being a great support team.

I also love their style. Can't go wrong with a big hammer and the power of Sigmar behind you! :)

I got my WP to 10 just today, so my impressions are based on that.

Most fun I've had playing a "healer" class in any game, ever. WP is a multitasking class, if you're not doing at least two things at once you're doing it wrong. As stated, always know who your defensive target is, it should be whoever you're trying to keep alive but that's usually a moving target so stay aware.

They don't feel like a Paladin to me, probably because they lack heavy armor in these early levels. More like a Monk with a sledgehammer. Our melee DPS is decent and lack of armor is made up for by the potent heals that almost never stop flowing. Don't forget to use Judgement whenever you're chasing down enemies or behind the front line. It's great for building a little RF and definitely harasses enemy units to break the line and get themselves killed. Might be a bug but casting it isn't broken by movement so you can spam it on the move.

They're really just a treat to play in RvR. Getting top 3 for healing and kills in a scenario seems strange but it's par for the course.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All I have to say is. Squig Herder's Lots of Arrers HURTS as a Bright Wizard. D:

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dracil wrote: »
    All I have to say is. Squig Herder's Lots of Arrers HURTS as a Bright Wizard. D:

Honestly, I don't know how much damage they do but I still don't like seeing those Squigs coming at me -- or my healers! BAD SQUIG!

Timmer on
    edited September 2008
    BTW what is the ammo system like? Do you have to buy ammo, or does your quiver never run out?

rocka4him on
    edited September 2008
    BTW what is the ammo system like? Do you have to buy ammo, or does your quiver never run out?

Characters in the Warhammer world are smart enough to bring enough ammo to last the fight.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I've played a squig herder to 15/11 and if by "hunter" class you mean WoW hunters then no, it's not.

squig herders so far seem to be a support rdps class which sounds really odd but I've liked it so much it's going to be my main come release.

to be usefull in scenarios I've found myself constantly juggling squigs to either blow them up on a healer or enrage them and use the morale ability that gives 100% damage for 7 seconds so I can nuke them pretty hard.

I think most people are really turned off by the fact that they DON'T do the dps of a BW but to be honest they would probably be completely overpowered if they did. I guess most people don't like the sound of a "support" rdps class.

I really don't think they do terrible dps anyway, if I'm playing well then I can get top3 in scenarios pretty easily, and I never feel useless because I'm constantly putting pressure on healers. Also in scenarios like stone troll crossing and RVR it's really helpfull to have a ranged snare attack.

I could go into more detail but you really should try it for yourself, squig herders seem to be the underdogs of destruction but it is by far my favorite class.

I'm trying really hard not to play mine anymore till release

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
    edited September 2008
    I mean do you have to buy ammo ?

rocka4him on
    edited September 2008

No.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    anyone here with a witch elf? high level? or should I roll one of my own

tyrannus on
    edited September 2008

No.

Cool thanks.

I Know its not part of of GW lore but I do wish they would have put in a wizard elf or something like it, because I personally don't like the witch hunter and would like to be able to play this class...

rocka4him on
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How are Engineers btw? I rarely see them and I saw somebody heckle one in RvR saying they were a "useless class" and that they do "no dps".

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
    edited September 2008

No.

Cool thanks.

I Know its not part of of GW lore but I do wish they would have put in a wizard elf or something like it, because I personally don't like the witch hunter and would like to be able to play this class...

Like... an archmage?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

No.

Cool thanks.

Elves are the best magic users in the world.... ?
    (They just don't belong to any human Wizard College)

Timmer on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

No.

Cool thanks.

Like... an archmage?

Yeah... I'm not quite sure what you mean by a wizard elf. HEs have Archmage and DEs have Sorcerers / Sorceresses.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited September 2008
    Timmer wrote: »

No.

Cool thanks.

Elves are the best magic users in the world.... ?
    (They just don't belong to any human Wizard College)

<nerd>

Well, actually, apprentice elves learn one school at a time (the College system is based off of elven magic training) and may travel to the Empire to practice their skills alongside the college wizards.

</nerd>

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    what do you mean ? I'm talking about a stealthed class.

rocka4him on
    edited September 2008
    what do you mean ? I'm talking about a stealthed class.

The Dark Elf Witch Elves?

Do you mean that you wished there was a male version of this class or what?

Fig-D on
    edited September 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »

No.

Cool thanks.

Like... an archmage?

Yeah... I'm not quite sure what you mean by a wizard elf. HEs have Archmage and DEs have Sorcerers / Sorceresses.

I'm talking about a male version of the witch elf..you know the stealthed assassin

rocka4him on
    edited September 2008
    Ah, gotcha.

Fig-D on
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So damnit...Knight of the Blazing Sun needs to be put back in, because I love my Ironbreaker, but I love my Witch Hunter too.

IF ONLY THEY WOULD MIX THEM INTO AN AWESOME EMPIRE TANKING CLASS.

hmmm.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

No.

Cool thanks.

Like... an archmage?

An archmage isn't a pure "wizard" class, though. Interestingly, they're classified as "healers" in the class menu. So far (level 9) my archmage plays almost exactly like a shadowpriest solo: HoT DoT DoT DoT.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

No.

Cool thanks.

Like... an archmage?

I'm talking about a male version of the witch elf..you know the stealthed assassin

Ohhhh like witch=wizard. Females only. How do you not like Witch Elves?

captaink on
    edited September 2008
    I don't know man, maybe something about me being a guy playing a scantly clad pseudo fighter (I don't see how they can be fighters in that attire)... really now ? Maybe its just me...

rocka4him on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    How are Engineers btw? I rarely see them and I saw somebody heckle one in RvR saying they were a "useless class" and that they do "no dps".

Edit.. they suck compared to other classes sub-10. Maybe they're better later but what I played they were pretty poor and reading other boards they're fairly gimped like the other pet classes. I was originally planning to be one but after being pretty unimpressed at level 8 then losing it and trying the squig herder it feels like the engineer is a poor man's squig herder.

(btw I edited because I basically shat on them originally because they get shit sub-10 but I went and looked at their ability list and they do get better, but they develop way fucking later than other classes. so if you're not patient with sucking balls for a little while with disputable payoff I'd avoid them.)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • OklahomacityOklahomacity Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What does the racial dispersion look like so far? What factions looks consistently under played?

Oklahomacity on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And plus who wants to play as a stupid dwarf.

Rizzi on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't know man, maybe something about me being a guy playing a scantly clad pseudo fighter (I don't see how they can be fighters in that attire)... really now ? Maybe its just me...

They can be fighters because:

A) They think blood is exciting, regardless of whose it is.

B) See above R.E.: Pain.

C) Armor not only removes them from all the blood, it restricts the movement.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, at level 40 when your spells don't all level up with you anymore, do most classes generally stop using their non-mastery spell schools? Though I guess at RR80 you can spec two lines to 15 and 14 now, so you only have to neglect one of them.

Zek on
This discussion has been closed.