As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR]OPEN BETA! WAAAAAAAGGHHHH!

• Options
    rocka4himrocka4him Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I dunno, it still doesn't sit well with me...if they can create a sorcerer class that I'm not sure is in GW lore, they can make a "wizard" elf class

rocka4him on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    A dwarf is not unbiased on the topic.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Like I said, Pish, same guy. You think two Blood gods would stand for each other in the Warp? I don't. The only difference is the appearance and traditions of the followers.

Grrrr.... not the same God. Khaine is not Khorne.

It is very obvious in 40k lore that they are different. And while the game systems are different, the Gods are basically the same.

Khaine is Khorne's sneaky, wiser older uncle.

Khaine is seperate because he existed first, and refused to be "absorbed" into Khorne.

Selner on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    rocka4him wrote: »
    I dunno, it still doesn't sit well with me...if they can create a sorcerer class that I'm not sure is in GW lore, they can make a "wizard" elf class

"Witch" kind of means "chosen" when used by GW for dark elves. Like the Witch King.

Mythic could have tried to implement an assassin, as they're kind of the male equivalent of Witch Elves. Hell, considering the odd choice to give them stealth, that would probably make more sense.

Or they could have just implemented Corsairs.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    Like I said, Pish, same guy. You think two Blood gods would stand for each other in the Warp? I don't. The only difference is the appearance and traditions of the followers.

It is very obvious in 40k lore that they are different. And while the game systems are different, the Gods are basically the same.

Khaine is seperate because he existed first, and refused to be "absorbed" into Khorne.

Ever seen Khaine's rune?

Khaine is as much Khorne as the Horned Rat is Tzeentch and Nurgle and Loec is Tzeentch.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Selner wrote: »

Thats great, except that doesn't apply to WHFB.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    HompHomp Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The Male sorcerer is in the fluff anyway. Read the new Dark Elf book, they mention that while most magic users are female in Dark Elf society, there are male ones. They're just treated with disdain and mistrust...well more so then other Dark Elves I guess.

Homp on
    chosen7171-1.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah a corsair class would be sweet

rocka4him on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Homp wrote: »
    The Male sorcerer is in the fluff anyway. Read the new Dark Elf book, they mention that while most magic users are female in Dark Elf society, there are male ones. They're just treated with disdain and mistrust...well more so then other Dark Elves I guess.

Thats their loop whole to adding a sorcerer class ? really now ?

rocka4him on
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't know man, maybe something about me being a guy playing a scantly clad pseudo fighter (I don't see how they can be fighters in that attire)... really now ? Maybe its just me...

With the right hair doo and face it's pretty easy to make your witch elf look like a drag queen with a 5 o clock shadow, if that makes you feel any better when your slaughtering unicorns.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yes, really now. I don't see the problem with it. It's not a "loop" whatever that is. The male sorcerers were in the previous editions as well, they were just killed at birth when found. That doesn't mean there weren't any Male sorcerers, just makes them quite a bit more rare.
    With the right hair doo and face it's pretty easy to make your witch elf look like a drag queen with a 5 o clock shadow, if that makes you feel any better when your slaughtering unicorns.

Sweet.

Homp on
    chosen7171-1.gif
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Thats their loop whole to adding a sorcerer class ? really now ?

It's not a loop. I have a 4th edition male Sorcerer model. There has never been a male Witch Elf, ever.

Also: Witch elves are a stealth assassin class in much the same way WoW Paladins are a ranged DPS class.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Neva wrote: »
    I don't know man, maybe something about me being a guy playing a scantly clad pseudo fighter (I don't see how they can be fighters in that attire)... really now ? Maybe its just me...

Lol ! A unicorn-slaying, drag-queen proclaiming, dagger wielding, deadly assassin

rocka4him on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ok why did they not use the same loop hole for the female chosen, there aren't any in the game yet they exist in GW lore ?

rocka4him on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think the witch elves and their lore and way of fighting is fucking fantastic

I would have played one, but I fell in love with the Zealot instead

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ok why did they not use the same loop hole for the female chosen, there aren't any in the game yet they exist in GW lore ?

Good question.

glares at Mythic

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Man, I don't know. Why don't you call up GW and pose these questions to them?

There aren't any Lizardmen, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, and a whole host of other stuff in the game either, but all that stuff is in the Lore. It's a damn game, get over it.

Homp on
    chosen7171-1.gif
  • Options
    IronixIronix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Has this happened to anyone? For some strange reason WAR will not start up for me, and I get this error: warpatch.exe is not a valid win32 application. And the icon has changed from the WAR symbol to the default program symbol. This is really frustrating as I just ordered some computer parts to make it run smoothly on my computer and I won't be able to test it if I can't freaking play.

Ironix on
    rickyf.png
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    So, at level 40 when your spells don't all level up with you anymore, do most classes generally stop using their non-mastery spell schools? Though I guess at RR80 you can spec two lines to 15 and 14 now, so you only have to neglect one of them.

Pretty much, unless there's a good secondary effect on the non-mastery ability. At high levels, off-spec abilities aren't very efficient. They do less damage.

Example: A marauder's Flail with 15 in Monstrosity is treated as a level 40 ability and has a base damage of 262. With 0 points in Monstrosity, Flail is a level 25 ability with a base damage of 175.

grrarg on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Male dark elf sorcerers weren't *removed* until 6th edition. They're back in 7th.

Female chosen was a design decision not based on lore. Most chosen models are male, so Mythic decided it was more iconic and an excuse (or something) to not make female models in game. There's no lore anything behind that.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ironix wrote: »
    Has this happened to anyone? For some strange reason WAR will not start up for me, and I get this error: warpatch.exe is not a valid win32 application. And the icon has changed from the WAR symbol to the default program symbol. This is really frustrating as I just ordered some computer parts to make it run smoothly on my computer and I won't be able to test it if I can't freaking play.

we seem to have the same avatar

how awkward

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm a bit bummed that they didn't make any female marauders myself

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Or female Orcs!

There's a Bloodbowl model for one.

Homp on
    chosen7171-1.gif
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll second the whole no female Chosen or Marauders thing. Pretty obvious it was an excuse to shorten their graphical asset development time.

I hope they add the option eventually.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Man, I don't know. Why don't you call up GW and pose these questions to them?

There aren't any Lizardmen, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, and a whole host of other stuff in the game either, but all that stuff is in the Lore. It's a damn game, get over it.

Chill Homp I'm just trying to understand whats going on with the classes, I'm not attacking you...

rocka4him on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Because their gender makes a difference?

Internet Rage building!

Homp on
    chosen7171-1.gif
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »

how awkward

I think he needs to get a Tech Priest to chant Blessings over it while anointing it with the oils sacred to the machine spirits.

...I've got nothin'

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Maybe they'll add these options when the add the classes the took out (if they ever re-implement them)

rocka4him on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    aunsoph wrote: »
    I'll second the whole no female Chosen or Marauders thing. Pretty obvious it was an excuse to shorten their graphical asset development time.

I hope they add the option eventually.

They aren't in because Mythic is lazy.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh noes, I can't stare at boobs in my Warhammer game. An outrage I say.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

how awkward

Maybe we should meet up and exchange information. Who knows what else we have in common ;)

Ironix on
    rickyf.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i have 3 penises

and by that i mean i am a marauder currently impale is so good

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i have 3 penises

and by that i mean i am a marauder currently impale is so good

I have three holes.

Ironix on
    rickyf.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

The female chosen have one "boob" and the other side is a male chest, the female portion is covered up ... so no we are outraged that we can't view boobs in the game...

rocka4him on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I'm a bit bummed that they didn't make any female marauders myself

Especially since there's a few totally bitching female marauder NPCs. Nina in Chaos Ch. 7 or Ch. 8 looks awesome.

grrarg on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Age of Conan is that-a-way. :P
    The female chosen have one "boob" and the other side is a male chest, the female portion is covered up ... so no we are outraged that we can't view boobs in the game...

That's not a woman. :|

Slaanesh is... different.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Then why are you all whining?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    AoC ... eugh !

rocka4him on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    New thread!

It smells better than this old one.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Then why are you all whining?

Scroll up bro

rocka4him on
This discussion has been closed.