As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] CE Headstart Now! SE the 16th, launch 18th.

MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock EngineerSeattleRegistered User regular
edited September 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
Penny Arcade currently has two active guilds:

Candymancers on Order, a nascent pack of Sigmar-fondlers, pretenders to the Phoenix Crown, and stunties. ON AVERHEIM
The Six Mouths on Destruction, a useless mob of ne'er-do-wells and vile miscreants. ON ULTHUAN

/who candymancers or /who the six mouths to find a member and ask to join or /chan candymancers or /chan TSM and a guild representative will be right with you!

If your Target-purchased Beta code is being rejected by the beta registration site try changing the os Os and 0s to Qs. It may have been a misprint

Server List at bottom of OP.

WARHAMMER ONLINE: AGE OF RECKONING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKOhzfkCdbY
That should be all we need in way of introduction, at this point.

For those interested in playing, important dates are:

- September 6th: Preview Weekend+ A head start for those in the last one for Open Beta
- September 7th: Open Beta begins. This will be available to all preorders.
- September 14th or 15th: Headstart begins for preorder customers. CE preorders will likely be a day or so earlier.
- September 18th: WAR is released.

BOTH THE SIX MOUTHS AND CANDYMANCERS WILL BE PLAYING ON TODBRINGER FOR PW+ AND OB

For more information, watch the podcasts.

For PA impressions, and whatnot, check out the WAR FAQ thread.

Adding this by request, and because it's generally kickass and useful.
Akira wrote: »
Alright since this seems to bring up a lot of questions I have compiled an FAQ and location guide for the first two tiers of Renown gear.

Renown Gear and You: What is it and where do I get it?

"Renown Gear" is armor and weapons you can buy from certain vendors that has both a level and Renown rank requirement, usually the Renown rank requirement is about 2/3rds of your actual level (so it would take level 9 and Renown rank 6 for example). Also, as of September 7th, some T2 Renown gear has the wrong stats (the Magus at least) and this will presumably be fixed in the future (hopefully soon). The 10/6 gear from the last preview weekend is gone, it was intended for use in an old test phase and was left in accidentally. Similar gear is available now from 11/7 to 16/11

Where to get it:

The first number refers to level requirement, the second is Renown rank requirement (i.e. 11/7 means you need level 11 and Renown rank 7). The "sets" aren't really sets and don't have bonuses or anything but they represent a loose tiering of gear. Common is "white" gear, Uncommon is "green" gear.

T1 Zones
the first "set" is sold in both the starter quest hub area and the Warcamp, while the second set is sold only at the Warcamp.

First "set"

2/1: Boots (Common)

3/2: Gloves and Accessory 1 (Common)

4/2: Belt, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Common)

5/3: Body and Accessory 3 (Common)

Second "set"

6/4: Boots (Uncommon)

7/4: Gloves and Accessory 1 (Uncommon)

8/5: Belt, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

9/6: Body and Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

T2 Zones
bought at the top floor of PvP area Keeps.

First "set"

11/7: Boots (Uncommon)

12/8: Gloves and Belt (Uncommon)

13/9: Shoulders and Accessory 1 (Uncommon)

14/9: Body, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

15/10: Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

16/11: Helm (Common)

Second "set"

16/11: Boots (Uncommon)

17/11: Gloves and Belt(Uncommon)

18/12: Shoulder and Accessory 1(Uncommon)

19/13: Helm, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

20/14: Body and Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

21/14: Cloak (Common)

Accualt wrote: »
Server List and Rulesets For Launch
James Nichols | From the Dev Team | 09/11/2008 @ 04:14:00 EST
WAAAGH!!!

Servers, servers - get'ya servers! Below you will find the server names we anticipate being available at Launch. These will begin going live Sunday, September 14th with the Collector’s Edition Head Start and will continue to roll out leading up to Launch on September 18th.

Players will be able to choose from four server types: Core, Open RvR, Roleplay, and a hybrid Roleplay/Open RvR ruleset. We will continue to open up servers supporting different server types as the need arises.

Core Ruleset

Core servers are just what you’d expect. These are servers that have everything Warhammer has to offer, with no special changes to the normal ruleset. RvR is confined to lakes and Scenarios, and there are two opposing realms engaged in the WAR. Players may only engage in Player vs. Player combat when flagged to do so in specific areas around the world. Select a Core ruleset server for the original exciting gameplay experience that WAR was designed to offer.

Open RvR Ruleset

The Open RvR servers feature RvR flagging everywhere except for the Tier 1 Chapter area and the surrounding PvE content. Once players leave this area, they will be flagged for RvR anywhere in the game. Open RvR servers are perfect for those who want to add an extra challenge to their gaming experience. Players must constantly watch their backs or risk attack by enemies everywhere they go! Only members of opposing realms may attack each other; the Open RvR server still focuses on Order versus Destruction.

Rules:

- Players are always RvR flagged from the moment they log in
- Chapter 1 hubs and capital cities are safe
- There is no bolster buff in RvR lakes
- Players will be chickened when entering an area that is two tiers below their level (ex. A Tier 3 player entering a Tier 1 area.)

Roleplay and Roleplay/Open RvR

Any server flagged as Roleplay will follow the same rules as above, but with an additional set of guidelines. These servers are for those players who enjoy truly immersing themselves into the Warhammer lore by acting as their characters’ personalities in-game. Players who opt to participate on a Role Playing server must agree to far more specific rules regarding naming, and it is suggested that players would adhere to WAR or high fantasy conduct and behavior.

Oceanic Server List

Darklands - Core

Ironclaw - Core

Anlec - Open RvR

Lustria - Roleplay

Lucan - Core

Marius- Core

North American Server List

Red Eye Mountain - Core

Skull Throne - Core

Badlands - Core

Sylvania - Core

Volkmar - Core

Hochland - Open RvR

Wolfenburg - Open RvR

Dark Crag - Open RvR

Phoenix Throne - Roleplay

Chaos Wastes - RP/Open RvR

Monolith - Core

Saphery - Core

Thorgrim - Core

Heldenhammer - Core

Sea of Claws - Core

Wasteland - Core

Sea of Malice - Core

Drakwald - Core

Ironfist - Core

Drifting Castle - Core

Praag - Open RvR

Wurtbad - Open RvR

Stoutheart - Open RvR

Artois - Open RvR

Southlands - Open RvR

Bugman - Open RvR

Skavenblight - Roleplay

Avelorn - Roleplay

Tower of Doom - RP/Open RvR

Vaul's Anvil - RP/Open RvR

Great webpage with Maps.
bearded-gobbo.jpg

snm_sig.jpg
Morskittar on

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    The misprint thing: Target customers. If your shit doesn't work and you didn't get it from Target, a misprint is not your problem.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fix'd

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I'm a bit bummed that they didn't make any female marauders myself

Especially since there's a few totally bitching female marauder NPCs. Nina in Chaos Ch. 7 or Ch. 8 looks awesome.

maaan

they really put female marauder NPC's in the game?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Especially since there's a few totally bitching female marauder NPCs. Nina in Chaos Ch. 7 or Ch. 8 looks awesome.

maaan

I hope that's a good sign they'll be playable eventually, and not a big middle finger aimed at you.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They should have just made every class except black orc male only, and then brought back female orcs just for you guys.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • rocka4himrocka4him Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lol

rocka4him on
    edited September 2008
    They should have just made every class except black orc male only, and then brought back female orcs just for you guys.

o_O

I don't understand why you're being so harsh.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2008
    I really wish the Disciple had made it into the recent Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves book. They're a great addition to the lore and pretty awesome.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    I'll be rolling a female zealot

they just look sooo much better than the male version

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Elldren wrote: »

o_O

I'm not really, its kind of silly people wanting to have armies of female marauders running around in a warhammer game. I'm not going to care if they end up adding them.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited September 2008
    why is it silly son

there are plenty of female warriors in warhammer, and I hope I don't have to point that out

really, considering how the norsemen societies seem to be so engulfed in the chaos gods, I find it really odd that the females are all absent from the battlefield

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really love playing this game with the Mouths or the Candymancers, but I honestly can't imagine the game holding me at all without a group to play with on occasion. Pugging in this game is painful as hell, and sometimes (even with the open group system) finding a group for PQ's can be difficult, and while I appreciate what they've done with quests, they're all pretty boring, ultimately.

The biggest issue I see in the long run is not being able to find people to group with in the various tiers depending on other people's progression---especially once a significant portion of the playerbase gets to level cap.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Elldren wrote: »

o_O

I'm not really, its kind of silly people wanting to have armies of female marauders running around in a warhammer game. I'm not going to care if they end up adding them.

I don't want armies of anything. :P

I'm not interested in playing a marauder anyhow, personally, so it's no skin off my back.

Chosen, on the other hand...

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2008
    why is it silly son

there are plenty of female warriors in warhammer, and I hope I don't have to point that out

really, considering how the norsemen societies seem to be so engulfed in the chaos gods, I find it really odd that the females are all absent from the battlefield

Half the dwarfs my black orc is massacring in the beta are chicks. :lol:

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Dem stuntie fings 'ave boyz and gobbos? Wot?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    I really wish the Disciple had made it into the recent Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves book. They're a great addition to the lore and pretty awesome.

I think a Chaos Marauder unit that could count as having Great Weapons or Hand Weapon and Shield or whatever like a 40K Obliterator would be pretty cool, myself.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    thorpe wrote: »

I think a Chaos Marauder unit that could count as having Great Weapons or Hand Weapon and Shield or whatever like a 40K Obliterator would be pretty cool, myself.

There's a rumor of super-mutatey Marauder-like troops in the new Warrior book.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I hear elfs don't know magic and there are female Chosen an Assassins are really male Witch Elves?

Timmer on
    edited September 2008
    Dem stuntie fings 'ave boyz and gobbos? Wot?

Stunties iz stunties, da only gud'un iz a dead'un.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

maaan

Image spoilered for v-scroll.
    nina.jpg
    I can't decide if my zealot is going to be male or female. Probably female. The males are a bit goofy looking.

grrarg on
    edited September 2008

maaan

nina.jpg
    I can't decide if my zealot is going to be male or female. Probably female. The males are a bit goofy looking.

that's a deamonette though

slaanesh demon

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    OP lacks severe amounts of

bearded-gobbo.jpg

Unknown User on
    edited September 2008
    Whoops, I thought that was a marauder and daemonettes looked different.

grrarg on
    edited September 2008

slaanesh demon

which means its probably a dude

Unknown User on
  • VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

maaan

nina.jpg

slaanesh demon

You know, i'm not sure which is better, the old boob-tastic TT deamonettes, or that kickass Nina one.

EDIT: To have a better top than just boobies, this game is amazing, buy, steal, kill, whatever, go get it.

Verr on
    edited September 2008
    Whoops, I thought that was a marauder and daemonettes looked different.

There are other daemonette models they could have gone with, their overall look has changed every time GW has released new models, but it's a daemonette alright. Note the single breast, Slaaneshi symbol, and giant claw arms.
    robothero wrote: »

slaanesh demon

Nah, it's probably a hermaphrodite.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Are there going to be P-A guilds on open-RvR servers? That sounds much better to me.

Djiem on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    Are there going to be P-A guilds on open-RvR servers? That sounds much better to me.

No, nobody's playing there because the chicken mechanic prevents you from ever going back to the lowbie areas for PvE unlocks. There's no need for it anyway, there's no shortage of RvR in this game and it really wasn't designed for solo PvP in the first place.

Zek on
    edited September 2008
    I'll be playing there.

Unknown User on
    edited September 2008

slaanesh demon

oh come now. Such terms are meaningless to a true devotee to the Dark Prince.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So here's a question that has probably been asked to death. I just pre-ordered from my local Gamestop, and they were out of pre-order open beta keys. Do I have any way to play before the game is released, or what's up here? I checked all nearby Gamestops and none have it. I could always volunteer up the $5 and try Target and Best Buy, but I'd prefer not to if I can play with what I have now.

Is the open beta for pre-orders only WITH a code?

UnknownSaint on
    edited September 2008
    So, just out of curiousity, how long has this game been in production? I remember reading about it long before WoW ever came out, back when Everquest was still the big MMO. I guess thats the one by the company GW fired?

Anyways, game's not even out and I"m already excited about future content involving either skaven, slaanesh, or nurgle playable characters. :P

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited September 2008
    its like 3 1/2 years

Unknown User on
    edited September 2008
    there was an older warhammer online (and it looked abysmal) but they scrapped it and made this instead

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited September 2008
    So here's a question that has probably been asked to death. I just pre-ordered from my local Gamestop, and they were out of pre-order open beta keys. Do I have any way to play before the game is released, or what's up here? I checked all nearby Gamestops and none have it. I could always volunteer up the $5 and try Target and Best Buy, but I'd prefer not to if I can play with what I have now.

Is the open beta for pre-orders only WITH a code?

You can try Fileplanet, some of the sites giving away codes, or Direct2Drive.

The only reason to knock yourself out trying to get a code is for the Head Start. They will probably take the open beta servers down fairly soon to get ready for release. It is only a few days until the Head Start begins.

grrarg on
    edited September 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkQvPQJ1_Dk

hey I found the intro to the old Warhammer Online

Oh and I saw a video of a dwarf fighting skeletons and all I have to say is

jesus christ I'm glad they fucking scrapped it

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Is the beta client going to be scrapped for a new full version client, or just patched? Or do we know?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited September 2008
    dick

Unknown User on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    dick

Zzulu is quick on the draw.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is the beta client going to be scrapped for a new full version client, or just patched? Or do we know?

Just patch.

Timmer on
This discussion has been closed.