As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] CE Headstart Now! SE the 16th, launch 18th.

• Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I rolled a DoK after getting my squig herder to 10 and while its alot of fun its a pain in the ass trying to heal people not in your group during scenarios or PQs with everyone moving around and shit.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    Dracil wrote: »
    With mounts costing 15g now and most of your gear being free, I don't really see the point of money anyway outside of T1.

potions and siege weapons

lots and lots and lots of siege weapons

also standards

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Akira wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »
    leyquaf002pr6.th.jpg

Nerf Sorceresses?
    No, don't. Take that, Bright Wizards.

You call that a knife? This is a knife

rethmarm003fs9.th.jpg

Also this was discussed in the last thread but I'm kind of worried about how Career Mastery will work in the endgame (like 30+). Increasing certain spells with the equivalent of talent points seemed like a neat idea but won't it just end up limiting which abilities you are likely to use? Especially for certain classes like the Marauder where each path focuses on one arm, you would end up just using that one arm all the time as opposed to whatever would be best in the situation. Maybe it's just me, and I know free respecs will really help in this regard, but it seems like it could just end up limiting tactics in the end.

I'm also concerned about this, we'll see. The total lack of synergy for the marauder mastery-wise really fucking blows, but if rank 4 morale isn't as worth it as everyone says I could totally be ok with a build like this plus or minus one point.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    Cryogen wrote: »
    Should remove it all together.

How then will anyone ever have the opportunity to raise a raidforce of chickens with which to peck newbies to death?

I wonder how many chickens would be required for this.

you'd need about 100 to kill a single level 1.

As much as the chicken debuff should be removed from the game, I'd pay to see a well-organized chicken raid that manages to kill one or two players.

I still like the idea that somebody had of it, instead, changing players into zone-specific characters created to die by scores, but able to horde up and take stuff out.

piL on
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    I'm also concerned about this, we'll see. The total lack of synergy for the marauder mastery-wise really fucking blows, but if rank 4 morale isn't as worth it as everyone says I could totally be ok with a build like this plus or minus one point.

Yeah it took me a while to realize this but you have to actually spend another point for every spell or tactic you want to pick up along the way, you don't just automatically get them once you reach a high enough point (unless you just wanted to really buff two arms and ignore new mastery abilities and tactics).

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    man how many times do i need to say that marauder is the shit at level 40

apparently thousands because nobody listens anyways

Unknown User on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I haven't leveled to the point to test it out yet, but from what I've read just reaching the levels doesn't give you the abilities. You actually have to spend points on them (click on them on wardb) to get them. So you have less points than you think you do if that's in fact how it works.

edit.. as for the marauders being good at 40 thing, I'm almost tempted to go marauder, but having played DAoC before and being a fan of large scale PvP/keep sieges I think I learned my lesson last time around. I'm all set with the mexican standoff where melee sit around doing jack shit while the ranged take potshots at each other for 30 minutes before a few people set it off and then the melee runs up to get owned by AoEs.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Oh, I believe you.

As far as having to click one more past the actual ability, that's retarded, but whatever that's where the plus one points comes in!

EDIT: Oh wow nvm you actually have to click on them, what the fuck. That is totally fucked. Suddenly the marauder mastery lines look waaaay more restrictive.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Oh, I believe you.

As far as having to click one more past the actual ability, that's retarded, but whatever that's where the plus one points comes in!

You'll need 1 point for each mastery ability or tactic you want to pick up.

grrarg on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I agree, they could have set up the windows better. Personally I would have done something like arrows that turn yellow when you put in a point, and a sideways arrow to represent a skill, so

--> skill
    ^
    |
    ^
    |
    ^
    |
    --> skill
    ^
    |
    ^
    |

horrible diagram but you know

--> skill
    ^
    |
    ^
    |
    ^
    |

--> skill
    ^
    |
    ^
    |

would show i did not get the first skill

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    edit.. as for the marauders being good at 40 thing, I'm almost tempted to go marauder, but having played DAoC before and being a fan of large scale PvP/keep sieges I think I learned my lesson last time around. I'm all set with the mexican standoff where melee sit around doing jack shit while the ranged take potshots at each other for 30 minutes before a few people set it off and then the melee runs up to get owned by AoEs.

That only applies if you are playing solo and following the retarded zerg around.

In a coordinated group with a couple of healers and a tank guarding you, marauders are absolute beasts.

grrarg on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I got it now. Damn. This changes a lot.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    my group on release is all melee, we crush face.

blork/monstro maraud/monstro maraud/dok/green shaman/zealot

Unknown User on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    7 days my ass.

*waits 3 days*

captaink on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Terrible Embrace more like Wonderful Embrace. :winky:

grrarg on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I've been playing Order since OB started, now I shall start a destruction character...somewhere, I'm just entirely too sure where.

Crayon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I can't believe you don't get that until 40. It seems like it would change your whole playstyle.

captaink on
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The cast time makes it seem like it's more intended for pulling people off ramparts or other places you can't get to rather than catching a kitter or runner.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I didn't realize the skaven skin cloak made you look like a rat-man. Now I want one :(

captaink on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    Terrible Embrace more like Wonderful Embrace. :winky:

White Lions get something similiar but it relies on their pet. They also don't get to shout "GET OVER HERE" when they us it, unlike a marauder.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, anyone want to go destruction with me on some random server? I'll be either a shaman or a blorc!

Crayon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Looking over the career builder I am torn on which black orc tree to use. Da toughest gives me some knockbacks but da boss makes me a walking buff.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I might use this build in live. With the cone knockdown it should make it easier to get into a group, then take down a healer or something while removing their buffs with upgraded convulsive slashing.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have two pre-order keys if anyone needs them to play in the Open Beta. First come, first served. But note that I'm going to sleep in like 10 min, so if you respond after that you won't get them until morning.

Geod on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »

Oh, I believe you.

You'll need 1 point for each mastery ability or tactic you want to pick up.

Wow, yeah . That totally went over my head at first. This changes my planned builds for release. Damn, I do wish they had made that more obvious, but I'm glad I found out sooner than later.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I am thinking I'll use this build for release http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=5#0:0:11:2600:8:40:25:1716:1717::::::608:1722:1723:613 it gives a nice balance to what I want.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm really having some trouble deciding on a class for release

it's between BLorc, Magus and Marauder. I want maximum viability at 40 (hence why I'm not worried about the Magus's supposed lack of short-term efficacy), and I want to do good damage but I don't want to be a glass cannon. I know that pretty much describes everyone, but the main points are:
    -Not an overpopulated class
    -Lot of damage potential - don't care if it's burst or takes a little while
    -The time to realize I am being hit before I am dead - from what I've played of the Ironbreaker, tanks have a lot a lot of staying power without sacrificing damage, and that's why I am considering BLorcs even though I have never played a tank before
    -A lot of knockbacks or slightly gimmicky powers

hrmm hrm hrmm

anyone in the closed beta play Magus past t2?

Shankusu on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Seems I'm shit out of luck, going to need to borrow money from my mother in order to get the RAM I want. My friends father would likely not even want to buy it even if it was from a retail store and only $30, said something about not being able to afford it... which seems odd considering over $30 has been spent on fast food already this month. Anyway depending on how things work out I wont get to play until a week after release... though this might be good, might not be so laggy. In the end though my head start code may be useless to me... sadly I already used my Open Beta code. If I'm not able to get the money before the standard edition head start comes up, I'll make a post here offering it.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    I didn't realize the skaven skin cloak made you look like a rat-man. Now I want one :(

:( I know Captain. I know.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Akira wrote: »
    Also this was discussed in the last thread but I'm kind of worried about how Career Mastery will work in the endgame (like 30+). Increasing certain spells with the equivalent of talent points seemed like a neat idea but won't it just end up limiting which abilities you are likely to use? Especially for certain classes like the Marauder where each path focuses on one arm, you would end up just using that one arm all the time as opposed to whatever would be best in the situation. Maybe it's just me, and I know free respecs will really help in this regard, but it seems like it could just end up limiting tactics in the end.

It'll be fine. There are a crapload of abilities, way more than you can plausibly use all at once. It's no different from WoW, people only use the abilities that synergize with their talents. Characters are more distinct that way.

Also, I doubt respecs will be free after launch.

Zek on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    WAAAGH!!!

Can't get enough of Open Beta but you're ready to finally start your journey in the Age of Reckoning?

Starting Sunday, September 14th all Collectors Edition Pre-Order players will be invited to join us as we kick off WAR and officially end Open Beta.

On Tuesday, September 16th all Standard Edition Pre-Order players will join the ranks of Collectors Edition players as we prepare to release WAR to the world next Thursday, September 18th.

Make sure you've used your Open Beta code to download the client from FilePlanet and have registered your Head Start code in the Mythic Account Center so you don't miss a minute of action!

WAR is Coming - We'll see you there!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i wonder how sorc is at 40

tyrannus on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »

:( I know Captain. I know.

warbw2.jpg

Skaven don't exist, but the cloaks do.

Also, login to your accounts and hit the link at the top to get that exclusive title.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So... decided to try out a white lion, and once again T1 scenarios are having shit for queue times. I waited like 30 minutes and still didn't get in. When this happened yesterday, I figured it was because of the time of day. But when I was playing my WL (bout an hour ago), its prime time for some people. And I saw a crap load of people running around.

Any other people having issues in T1 scenario queues? I had quicker queue's in T2.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone have any armor for a Witch Hunter they don't need on Todbringer? (Shoulder, etc.)

Send 'em to Eirig if you do.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Been to chaos land? I never had a problem there, ork and darky land are much less popular.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Basil wrote: »
    Been to chaos land? I never had a problem there, ork and darky land are much less popular.

Yeah, I'll probally hop on my lowbie Warrior Priest. Just wanted to give WL a try without much questing. Done HE area like 3 times.

Edit: Or... maybe I'll try a marauder. Was originally going to be my main till I tried some of the order classes. I'd better not like them too much....

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've given up completely on pvping anywhere else, I just fly all of my characters to the chaos warcamp and level off the repeatables and dead people. It's really quick!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone have that 'gallery' of tier 3 and tier 4 armors on hand?

Also, would someone happen to have some pictures of the Witch Hunter tier 2 renown gear?

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't suppose there's been any decision on where the Candymancers are going to roll come headstart?

admanb on
This discussion has been closed.