As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rayman: Raving Rabbids

123457»

• Options
    bernbaumbernbaum Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    slash000 wrote:
    Anyway, I seem to be the ultimate Techno Dance game master. I cannot lose at this game. I ace it every time, missing only a few bunnies. Every time I got to a Techno minigame in single player, I had no problem at least doubling the required number of points. I don't know why; some people have trouble with this game. I should also note that playing it on an HDTV will produce the usual upscale lag which makes it more difficult.

We took turns playing though the single player game, handing over the controls to the next player only if you failed at a mini-game etc....

For some reason, I found the dancing incredibly easy and fun, some people just don't have it.

bernbaum on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Heavily anticipating the PSP and DS releases, hoping they're actual platformers.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    schlewschlew Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    slash000 wrote:
    Multiplayer is a huge deal, if you're with friends who can appreciate the lighthearted crazy gameplay and humor. I love it, it's great multiplayer. And I only have 2 wiimotes/chucks!

Anyway, I seem to be the ultimate Techno Dance game master. I cannot lose at this game. I ace it every time, missing only a few bunnies. Every time I got to a Techno minigame in single player, I had no problem at least doubling the required number of points. I don't know why; some people have trouble with this game. I should also note that playing it on an HDTV will produce the usual upscale lag which makes it more difficult..

So, is there any place on the web to obtain a save file that has all the multiplayer stuff already unlocked and all the bonus videos unlocked? If not, no big deal, I'll beat the Score mode (for the most part) eventually. Just curious.

Maybe you haven't encountered it, but sometimes it won't recognize the Wiimote for the dancing, and your score will just go bunk on you. I remember it being something that people brought up a lot when the game first came out. It'd not too big a deal though, I still love the game.

Although there was one song that I could never beat. Like, the hardest, I think that makes it third, version of a song. I can't remember which.

http://www.wiisave.com/
    That's a link to a save that shares SD card saves. Unfortunetly, a lot of the posts for the Rayman seem to be 100% story mode completions. It's going to suck trying to get all the videos unlocked....

schlew on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Heavily anticipating the PSP and DS releases, hoping they're actual platformers.

I know for certain that the GBA version is a 2D platformer, not unlike the Mobile versions of the game. What few sites have reviewed it have given it really poor reviews.

I think I read somewhere that the DS version is a platformer. But I have not heard anything about a PSP version. There's a great opportunity to make an excellent Rayman platformer using the concepts of Raving Rabbids. Let's hope they don't screw it up.

slash000 on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    schlew wrote:
    slash000 wrote:
    Multiplayer is a huge deal, if you're with friends who can appreciate the lighthearted crazy gameplay and humor. I love it, it's great multiplayer. And I only have 2 wiimotes/chucks!

Anyway, I seem to be the ultimate Techno Dance game master. I cannot lose at this game. I ace it every time, missing only a few bunnies. Every time I got to a Techno minigame in single player, I had no problem at least doubling the required number of points. I don't know why; some people have trouble with this game. I should also note that playing it on an HDTV will produce the usual upscale lag which makes it more difficult..

So, is there any place on the web to obtain a save file that has all the multiplayer stuff already unlocked and all the bonus videos unlocked? If not, no big deal, I'll beat the Score mode (for the most part) eventually. Just curious.

Maybe you haven't encountered it, but sometimes it won't recognize the Wiimote for the dancing, and your score will just go bunk on you. I remember it being something that people brought up a lot when the game first came out. It'd not too big a deal though, I still love the game.

Although there was one song that I could never beat. Like, the hardest, I think that makes it third, version of a song. I can't remember which.

http://www.wiisave.com/
    That's a link to a save that shares SD card saves. Unfortunetly, a lot of the posts for the Rayman seem to be 100% story mode completions. It's going to suck trying to get all the videos unlocked....

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

As for the issue with the Wiimote not recognizing the movement, it has not actually ever happened to me..

I think it has to do with how you 'shake' the wiimote (or nunchuck). I play it like I'm playing the drums, sort of.. but I make sure that the only quick movement I make is when striking downward. I d'no. It just works for me. My brother had an issue with it recognizing the motion, but I don't know what he was doing differently.

slash000 on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    slash000 wrote:

I know for certain that the GBA version is a 2D platformer, not unlike the Mobile versions of the game. What few sites have reviewed it have given it really poor reviews.

I think I read somewhere that the DS version is a platformer. But I have not heard anything about a PSP version. There's a great opportunity to make an excellent Rayman platformer using the concepts of Raving Rabbids. Let's hope they don't screw it up.

I loved Rayman 3 on the GBA. if the GBA version is anything like it I'll be fine.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Rhys55Rhys55 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just got back from playing it again (the thread got me wanting to).

I just re-did all the dance one's in score mode, and did very well... It's strange how when you walk away from something and start fresh you can really do a 180 and have no issues.

But challenge mode looks hard, the scores seem very high to me...

Oh, I also have been named "best player in the universe of all universes, including my pal mike" or something like that on one of the shooters, is there a listing of the ranks? (i should go back through this thread, it may be there)

Rhys55 on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Rhys55 wrote:
    Just got back from playing it again (the thread got me wanting to).

I just re-did all the dance one's in score mode, and did very well... It's strange how when you walk away from something and start fresh you can really do a 180 and have no issues.

But challenge mode looks hard, the scores seem very high to me...

Oh, I also have been named "best player in the universe of all universes, including my pal mike" or something like that on one of the shooters, is there a listing of the ranks? (i should go back through this thread, it may be there)
    Nah, that's not based any any list.

It's basically just telling you how well you did, in this case, the best possible rank.

TheySlashThem on