As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Justice League on Smallville TONIGHT

BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
edited January 2007 in Graphic Violence
Normally Smallville isn't one of my "must-watch" shows but with the recent Green Arrow saga It's been pretty good. Tonight however looks to be the most badass episode yet.

To take down Luthor's secret Lab, Clark teams up with all the heroes who appeared on his show in earlier episodes to form a "Justice League". The heroes are Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow and Cyborg.

You can watch the first 12 minutes here:
First 12 minutes.

From the preview, they at least got the Flash perfect.

It airs at 7 PM(Central).

SIG.gif
Blankspace on

• Options
    tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm not a big Smallville fa, but I catch a few episodes here and there if they don't seem to emo or silly. This episode looks like it will be cool, though.

tehfalconer on
    ... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Anyone else watch it?

They nailed Impulse(Not Flash after all), and Ollie. Cyborg was good but Aquaman was kinda meh.

Pros
    -Bart having the hyper-fast metabolism, hijinks ensue.
    -All around quipiness
    -The different powers of the different members were handled greatly.
    -Boy Scout and Watchtower.
    Cons
    -The goddamn "Badass walk towards the camera away from an explosion" bit.
    -Cyborg's costume.
    -The Ollie/Lois bit near the end.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's Days of our Lives meets the JLA then? Pass.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    Was he called Impulse?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Was he called Impulse?
    Yeap.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    Well, at least that kind of makes sense.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't watch Smallville.

Can someone post a screencap of Impulse or something?

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy, I didn't forget about the Young Justice picture I owe you

it's just that I'm not that good at full anatomy and I'm taking a figure drawing class that helps out a lot, so it may be a little while

Although I do have an idea for a picture

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    I don't watch Smallville.

Can someone post a screencap of Impulse or something?
    800px-Smallville_justice.jpg
    It's from the afformentioned horrible explosion scene. Bart's the one on the far left, his hoodie has a big Flash lightning bolt on the back.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That is the worst thing I have ever seen

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    oh jesus shit

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    That is the worst thing I have ever seen
    Yeah, it's not that bad at other parts but the slomo explosion scene made me want to stab my TV.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    oh jesus shit

new idea for your picture

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    oh jesus shit

wait what?

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    oh jesus shit

wait what?

YJ walking away from an explosion

or jesus shitting

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    oh jesus shit

wait what?

YJ walking away from an explosion

or jesus shitting
    Lemme see if I have either of those.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I saw the first Flash episode and kind of liked it.

[spoiler:b3f70c33b4]And then I saw Veronica Mars Season 2, wherein the character he plays is revealed to be a rapist and a murderous psychopath.[/spoiler:b3f70c33b4]

So that's probably what I'm gonna think of whenever I see him, from now on.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So did Cyborg actually have any cyborg parts?
    From the picture, he just looks like he's got really bad fashion sense, which isn't much of a superpower even though it is shared by just about everyone who wears a cape.

I don't actually watch the show though. I tried in the past, and quickly came to the conclusion that it just wasn't for me.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Wait, that's Cyborg? He looks green in that picture.

I thought he was J'onn.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
  • Options
    CaptainApocalypseCaptainApocalypse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Smallville sucks huge. Deal with it, America.

CaptainApocalypse on
    SO FATE DEMANDS!
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Walking away from an explosion was cool for about 15 seconds back in the 80's. That being said the picture provided would still have sucked back then.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    smallvillegayny5.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    I actually enjoyed the episode in general. There were some nice bits and some lame bits but I think it was mostly a good episode. Definitely a fun watch.

Grifter on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh shoot, Flash is Beaver?!

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    hughtron wrote:
    Oh shoot, Flash is Beaver?!
    His name is Cassidey!

robosagogo on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    smallvillegayny5.jpg
    You could've been clever and put yellow behind Bart, green behind Ollie, and red behind Clark.

But noooooooooooooo.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That's not how rainbows work

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I don't care how rainbows work.

You're hangin on by a THREAD, Keith.

A THREAD.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    They're all wearing outfits with colors that correspond to the costumes the characters wear in the comics.

It's like Power Rangers when they were hanging out in the juice bar in their normal clothes.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So were aquaman's powers the same as in the comics? I mean, is he from atlantis and all that?

Also what I'm really asking is: was he useless except for one silly plot point that involved water?

Langly on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Oh christ, now we've gotta listen to another 300 posts about how Aquamans not lame because they were tired of people laughing at him.

Look, save it guys. You're just gonna make everyone hate Aquaman more.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh christ, now we've gotta listen to another 300 posts about how Aquamans not lame because they were tired of people laughing at him.

I didn't know it was a touchy subject. I didn't know anyone liked him. Of course, I base most of my dc opinions on the old justice friends cartoon, so I could be a little bit off.

Edit: Furthermore, I was wondering how he would be useful breaking into an evil labratory. Above water.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Langly wrote:
    So were aquaman's powers the same as in the comics? I mean, is he from atlantis and all that?

Also what I'm really asking is: was he useless except for one silly plot point that involved water?
    - - - -

Short Imagined
    Monologues.

- - - -
    AQUAMAN,
    KING OF THE SEVEN SEAS,
    HAS FUCKING HAD IT
    WITH YOU, MAN.
    BY GLEN WELDON

- - - -

First off, I don't talk to them. OK?

That's, like, the first thing. Let's start there.

It's not like I'm all, Hey, Peter Pufferfish, what's up? and he's all, Yo, nothing much, brah.

It doesn't work like that, all right? I mean, most of them don't even have brains, for one thing. They have maybe a bump at one end of their spinal cord, a pimply little swelling of ganglia, if they're lucky.

Language is not a looming issue, is what I'm saying.

No, how it works is: I command them. Period, the end. Command, as in bend them to, you know, my will and whatnot. Fuckin' A.

Even the ones with actual for-real brains, the cetaceans. If I want, you know, a pod of Burmeister's porpoise to ram the hell out of Black Manta's Manta Sub, that shit gets done. If I totally want, like, a southern minke whale to go hump a giant squid (its most hated enemy, by the way), I just go doodoodoodoodoodoo and it's like Show World down there. Not that I would, because, you know, gross, but I'm just saying: I don't ask. I'm not going to be all, If you wouldn't mind terribly much, please, Mr. Southern Minke Whale, go get your nasty freak on with that giant squid.

Just, you know, FYI.

And it's not training. I read that on some blog: "He just trains them to do all that."

Dude, I can get 6 million krill to gunk up the engine of a getaway ship by having them hurl themselves up the intake jets. Mass sea-monkey suicide. OK? Try that shit with operant conditioning, with some big-titted blondie waggling a smelt, see what you get. Think they're meting out kick-ass sea justice over at Epcot? Shyeah.

But everyone takes their shot. Fucking YouTube and shit. Cartoon Network. Suddenly every hacky comic's got a tight five-minute chunk on lame old Aquaman. "Haw haw haw, he's so laaaaame, hee hee hee, go talk to a guppy!"

It's all good. Somehow I manage to suffer through it. I soldier bravely the fuck on, comforted only by the small but telling fact that I'm absolute goddamn ruler of—what was it again?—oh, yeah: the EARTH.

The PLANET.

And you, you're, like, star of open-mike night at the Mirth Shack in Jacksonville. And your MySpace blog? OMG! ROTFLMAO!

You used to be cool, man.

When you were a kid, you'd sit at the bottom of the Stupaks' pool, remember? Used to sit there and pretend the kickboard between your knees was Storm the Giant Seahorse, and you'd stay under for as long as you could, going doodoodoodoodoodoo.

Remember there was that orange T-shirt you had? Remember that? That was cool.

You sure seemed like a happy little kid.

But, you know, I get it. Whatever, that was a long time ago. Now you're all, Wonder Woman never even let him fly her plaaaane, and whatnot. And that's, you know, fine.

I could command you. You, those Robot Chicken assholes, alla y'all. Command you all to, you know, quit it.

I don't make, like, a big deal about that, but I could. You're just a fish at heart, dude. Down deep in your forebrain. I fuckin' could.

But I won't. That's not how I roll. I'm a hero. Plus, I'm King of the Seven Seas, so, you know, I got shit to do, right?

No, it's fine. You rock on with your bad self, dude. Mazel tov.

Seriously, though, leave my lady out of it. That's not cool, man. Mera, she doesn't get it like I do. She's sensitive. I start hearing you talking shit about her, or her hard-water powers, or that time she turned evil, and I will fuck your shit up. Count on it.

- - - -

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Every time someone does this shit, I hate Aquaman more.

And hope that some how he loses all his powers except for breathing underwater and talking to fish. Just to finally shut them up.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    DoctorErebusDoctorErebus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    No. Just No.

First of all - nailed Ollie? Really? The Black Canary nailed Ollie. These ponces put some Nivea for men motherfucker in a pair of Oaklies and called him the Green Arrow. I've got a potted cactus that I call Col. Sanders, but I don't see it whipping up any chicken or gravy.

I am tempted to bring up that Cyborg was never in the League, but I'll leave it alone, as that plainly is not good old Vic Stone. Smallville has always been terrible, but this is really pushing it. At this rate, it'll suck more ass than Lois & Clark ever did by the end of the month. I wish they'd just get Beppo the super-monkey and Streaky the super-cat in there and call it good.

Years ago, I heard they were planning on having underwear model Kent have a run-in with a young Bruce Wayne. And perhaps a hunk of dreamsicle Kryptonite. Did anything ever come of this?

Seriously, Superman deserves better.

DoctorErebus on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Langly wrote:

I didn't know it was a touchy subject. I didn't know anyone liked him. Of course, I base most of my dc opinions on the old justice friends cartoon, so I could be a little bit off.

Because that's obviously the best interpretation of modern DC.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    D.T. wrote:
    They're all wearing outfits with colors that correspond to the costumes the characters wear in the comics.

Except for Green Arrow. For some reason, he's wearing his actual costume.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Smallville pisses me off because he chases after an uptight brunette when the cute blonde is gagging for it.

Superman is a twelfth level intellect, no way he'd be that dumb.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The episode was great. Also, guess what? It's not the fucking comics and it doesn't pretend to be so the people who are complaining can eat a dick.....or just stop watching the show. Whatever you feel like doing more.

SatanIsMyMotor on