As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Second Life, what is this bullshit?

12345679»

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    way to kill the thread

I was about to post about my cats. They are cool

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Go head and post your kitties Susie. I'm sure they're rad. Or were you just going to talk about them and not post pics?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    susie post your pussy

Kovak on
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh man, I don't have any pictures of my cats.
    They are old now. One of them used to attack the vacuum cleaner, and leave marks on the metal with his claws. He also attacked a puppy several times his size, and brought bats, nests of baby birds, and other small animals into the house. If he wants to be petted, sometimes he paws at your head with claws slightly extended, without actually scratching you.
    The other cat was a mouser, and was the boss of the house. He is crazy now, though, and sometimes attacks people for no reason.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:
    That's just how board-breaking is done, though. You saw these soft, pine boards down to like an eighth of an inch, then you bust em and go "HI-YAAAAAH" and that is why karate tournaments are not taken seriously like they were in the 70s and early 80s.

Hey, remember in The Karate Kid how the tournament at the end of the movie had all these people in attendance? Like it was a spectator sport? Yeah, this kind of bullshit is why that stopped.

1. Final fu was total, total bullshit. If there was an ass on final fu's crew I could not kick, it was MAYBE a union carpenter who built the sets or something.

2. for the rest of the audience: 99% of "breaking" is total bullshit. It's a cool magic/physics trick, but it has NOTHING to do with 'martial arts.' I could teach someone with no martial arts experience and no special physical strength or coordination to break a concrete tile or standard pine board half an hour. Maybe an hour, if they were a little kid. This is not bullshit, because I have in fact taught a little kid to do it. If a fucking six year old can break a pine board, breaking a pine board tells you dogshit fuck-all about how hard you hit.

3. Second life is a really cool set of sandbox tools. Here is how to enjoy it.

1. Install it
    2. Go to the ivory tower of primatives and do all the tutorials
    3. Go WAY off in the boonies somewhere and never, ever speak to another player again.

JohnnyCache on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh man, I don't have any pictures of my cats.
    They are old now. One of them used to attack the vacuum cleaner, and leave marks on the metal with his claws. He also attacked a puppy several times his size, and brought bats, nests of baby birds, and other small animals into the house. If he wants to be petted, sometimes he paws at your head with claws slightly extended, without actually scratching you.
    The other cat was a mouser, and was the boss of the house. He is crazy now, though, and sometimes attacks people for no reason.
    A friend of mine has a female cat named Bubba. Bubba's mellowed out in her old age but until recently, Bubba was the type of cat that would walk up to you all friendly like and rub against your leg and then if you bent down to pet her would try to take your fucking hand off. I got some pretty nice claw marks from that cat the first couple of times.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Am I the only one that will take a pet like that, and wrestle it to the ground and gently bite its throat?

It's nature's way, guys.

JohnnyCache on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Am I the only one that will take a pet like that, and wrestle it to the ground and gently bite its throat?

It's nature's way, guys.

I usually just grip with my hand. Those things are dirty.

Defender on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Defender wrote:

It's nature's way, guys.

I usually just grip with my hand. Those things are dirty.
    sigged

Orikaeshigitae on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So i go to school for architecture. Apparently there is a large large following of architecture stuff in second life. I refuse to play second life. But if anyone does and they come across a group of architecture blowhards in there please send one million floppy dicks flying all over their blowhard bullshit projects.

Barcardi on
    edited January 2007
    Second life is like real life. Most people use it to be incredible gits.

One thing I will say for it - it's pretty free of deliberate assholes.

JohnnyCache on
  • Blue Is BeautifulBlue Is Beautiful Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ailin Graef

is that really a chinese name? what dialect?

Blue Is Beautiful on
    no, you can't.
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My dog likes cats, and that's aweosome because I like cats too.

My dog is really mean to other dogs, and that is also awesome because we both know what they have done....

Too bad my sister is allergic to cats, otherwise I would totally have a cat.

Curly_Brace on