As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2009 help

Dracomaster01Dracomaster01 Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
I had alot of fun at PAX this year,but I could only be there for one full day and 3 hours the first day,so I plan on getting a hotel room at the Sheraton early,but I was wondering if anyone knew when the early bird registartion starts for PAX 2009, and whats does the BOYC pass do if you get it, because a someone with it got in early to the exhibt hall with it,so can you do that with it and when and how do you get it.

Dracomaster01 on

• mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BYOC is Bring Your Own Computer so you have a little space for your stuff at the expo and you get it by buying a BYOC ticket which go pretty fast.. Early bird pre-reg usually starts in like febuary or march if I remember right.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    yeah Early Bird Pre-Reg starts around Feb. That's when I ordered my tickets, since it was near my B-Day.

George Fornby Grill on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BYOC attendees didnt get in early. They got in with everyone else, just more toward the front of the line.

That might not be the case next year though, we will see.

Also its not *just* for having a storage space, you need to bring your computer as well :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • babelfishbabelfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BYOC was not allowed into the expo hall early. We were in the convention center at our computers earlier than the genpub was into the center and out of line, but we were pretty much confined to be at our computers or in the lobby.

babelfish on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah the only people that got in early I believe were the Omeganauts.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Dracomaster01Dracomaster01 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Then I don't know why my friend got in early, he wasn't a omeganaut, mabye he just got lucky or something. also when early registration starts can i get a hotel room like at the Sheraton?

Dracomaster01 on
    edited September 2008
    Then I don't know why my friend got in early, he wasn't a omeganaut, mabye he just got lucky or something. also when early registration starts can i get a hotel room like at the Sheraton?

Hes probably lying to you. Unless he was an omeganaut or media (able to get in at noon on friday only) then he didnt get in early.

If he was BYOC then he was at the front of the line to get in right at 2pm on friday and 10am on sat/sun, so while everyone else was filing in from the main line he was already well into expo.

BigRed on
  • Dracomaster01Dracomaster01 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BigRed wrote: »

Hes probably lying to you. Unless he was an omeganaut or media (able to get in at noon on friday only) then he didnt get in early.

If he was BYOC then he was at the front of the line to get in right at 2pm on friday and 10am on sat/sun, so while everyone else was filing in from the main line he was already well into expo.

I know he wasn't lying,but then he did probably get in early, he got like a hour early.

Dracomaster01 on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aye, indeed you can reserve your hotel room during early registration... this year at least, the hotel deals started coming up... when was that? February? I think it was before early registration even started, if I remember correctly. It's been a while. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited September 2008

I know he wasn't lying,but then he did probably get in early, he got like a hour early.

Unless he was media or an omeganaut (or an actual exhibitor *in* expo) then he didnt. :P The convention center is pretty damn strict about accesses so...

BigRed on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BigRed is part of PAX enforcer security, so if he says someone didn't get in early chances are they didn't get in early. He would know more than, say, all the rest of us.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Media got in early, and likely the same will happen next year as well. By allowing the media in early, they are better able to get photos and videos of booths without having to worry about 50k+ people being in the way.

atiari on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    atiari, I would like to point out being media two years running, that the "specialness" of being media at pax is shrinking.

And I have no problem with that at all.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • atiariatiari Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Media really had no special privileges other than the early entrance and a room with computers and WiFi so you could upload content on the fly. Even that I really do not see a need for, though the slight early entrance is indeed useful and I would like to see them keep that. If only for the fact that it gives the media a chance to do business before the entire thing goes apeshit.

atiari on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have heard reports of other people getting into the expo hall a bit early, from the BYOC crowd. I think they just kind of slipped in unnoticed, so his claim might be valid

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • treyh37treyh37 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man i was hoping this was a post about enforcer openings for next year, oh well guess i'll have to wait a while still.

treyh37 on
    later
    trey
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You might be confusing the fact that BYOC got let into the area right next to the expo hall an hour early sat/sun. There were at least a couple BYOC people (NOT me) who did sneak into the hall early, it really wasn't that difficult because the badge checkers weren't always standing by the doors.

Any BYOCer who wanted to could walk up to the front of the line right as it was let in to wait in front of the expo hall doors.

BigRed, are you saying that next year we won't get entry into the BYOC room before the expo hall opens? I wouldn't like that...

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
    edited September 2008
    No, just saying that you guys might not be able to hop to the front of the line like this year. BYOCers will always get in a couple hours early to setup their stuff before PAX opens.

BigRed on
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok, how about on Saturday/Sunday, an hour ahead like this year?

That not jumping the line thing seems absolutely fair.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No, just saying that you guys might not be able to hop to the front of the line like this year. BYOCers will always get in a couple hours early to setup their stuff before PAX opens.

Gonna need to have comp checkin way early then if we'll have to get in line after that. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited September 2008
    Meh it will be figured out next year. Right now im still in the "fuck pax" frame of mind, cause my feet/knees still hurt from pax :P

BigRed on
  • mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Meh it will be figured out next year. Right now im still in the "fuck pax" frame of mind, cause my feet/knees still hurt from pax :P

thats why aleve was made.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
    edited September 2008
    mavrick88 wrote: »

thats why aleve was made.

Fuck that. Thats why percocet was made :P

BigRed on
This discussion has been closed.