As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Burn After Reading

B.C.B.C. is a bee!remember me?Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Social Entropy++
Burn-After-Reading-movie-poster-210.jpg

So I just saw this movie and holy shit was it fantastic.
This is the thread where you geek out about how great this movie is because goddamn this movie had me rolling.
And if you're not into comedies go see this movie because it has these two sexy motherfuckers

photo01.jpg
georgecloney-burn.jpg

And if you're not into Brad Pitt or George Clooney (let alone Pitt and Clooney being fucking hilarious) then what the hell is wrong with you?

Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
B.C. on

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I saw this last night (employee screening) and I agree, it was hilarious.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Guys, quick out of 10, what was it? I wanna see it so bad but everyone is convinced it sucks.

I hate my family for their poor taste in movies they have never seen.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    gonna see this soon

maybe tomorrow!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Guys, quick out of 10, what was it? I wanna see it so bad but everyone is convinced it sucks.

An easy 9.
    The comedic timing in this movie is borderline perfect.

B.C. on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    George Clooney is my hero for offering to personally refund the tickets of anyone who told him they saw Batman and Robin

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've been looking forward to seeing this for a while. Hope to sometime this week.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh goddammit is this out

fuuuuuuck

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    B.C. wrote: »

An easy 9.

Rotten tomatoes seems to agree. I'll see it tomorrow.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    i will go and see it tomorrow! for free!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh oh oh oh. I wanna see disssssss so hard

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    clooney and pitt should just do like, five or six more comedies together

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    wait shit it is out already?

oh mannnn

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »

oh mannnn

Let's see it together

I'll let you fondle me

Moriveth on
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I agree that it's a 9. I was laughing at a ton of stuff during the show. J. K. Simmons was hilarious as the CIA head dude.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »

oh mannnn

Let's see it together

I'll let you fondle me
    a two for one! sweet!

Faricazy on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

An easy 9.

Rotten Tomatoes is pretty unreliable in my experience. They give pretty crappy ratings sometimes to movies that really don't deserve them.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »

An easy 9.

Rotten Tomatoes is pretty unreliable in my experience. They give pretty crappy ratings sometimes to movies that really don't deserve them.

i usually go by what the user ratings say and not the critics

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Feriluce wrote: »
    I agree that it's a 9. I was laughing at a ton of stuff during the show. J. K. Simmons was hilarious as the CIA head dude.

Simmons was perfect.

B.C. on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    J.K. Simmons is always great. He's the best J. Jonah Jameson ever.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The two most surprising scenes in the movie for me were:
    (Seriously, don't click if you haven't seen it)
    The closet scene
    and
    When Clooney revealed what he made in his basement

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i havent seen tropic thunder yet, so maybe tomorrow ill go create my own buy-one-get-one-free at the theater tomorrow and check this out while im at it

coen brothers is one (two?) of those directors who i dont need to know anything about the movie (just like i dont with this one, on purpose) and ill go see it anyway

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Houk wrote: »
    i havent seen tropic thunder yet, so maybe tomorrow ill go create my own buy-one-get-one-free at the theater tomorrow and check this out while im at it

coen brothers is one (two?) of those directors who i dont need to know anything about the movie (just like i dont with this one, on purpose) and ill go see it anyway

Your own buy-one-get-one free...I thought I was the only one who did that.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    langfor6 wrote: »

The theater I work at doesn't really care if people do that. We only get 10% of ticket sales anyway if that. Most of the profit comes from concessions. So buy popcorn and shit.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008

The theater I work at doesn't really care if people do that. We only get 10% of ticket sales anyway if that. Most of the profit comes from concessions. So buy popcorn and shit.

most employees at any place could really give no shits about anything that goes on there. my sister gives me free popcorn and soda! and posters... which reminds me i promised some to a bunch of guys. i gotta see if i can look around some more, i didn't find all the ones i needed to.

also do not buy stuff from theaters, sneak it in. your wallet will thank you!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Zephyr wrote: »

An easy 9.

i usually go by what the user ratings say and not the critics

Actually I go by what the negative critic ratings say. If they say something that I don't care about like "Just how realistic is this transporter guy?" then I ignore it. I just use RT because it is convenient and an easy way to determine weather or not a movie completely blows or is quite alright.

That's all.

Is it a 0/10 or is it a 7/10. That's All I use RT for.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One critic was complaining about the final battle in The Incredible Hulk because the characters fighting were both CGI.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited September 2008
    One critic was complaining about the final battle in The Incredible Hulk because the characters fighting were both CGI.

Yes, we know to ignore douche bags like the movie 'critics' from the Kansas Times Newspaper.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Why couldn't they have REALLY mutated two humans into grotesque radioactive monstrosities and made them fight? The lack of dedication in this movie is appalling, NO STARS

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Why couldn't they have REALLY mutated two humans into grotesque radioactive monstrosities and made them fight? The lack of dedication in this movie is appalling, NO STARS

I personally blame society.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I personally blame society.

Video Game society

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ocean's 11 = best movie ever.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the cheat wrote: »

most employees at any place could really give no shits about anything that goes on there. my sister gives me free popcorn and soda! and posters... which reminds me i promised some to a bunch of guys. i gotta see if i can look around some more, i didn't find all the ones i needed to.

also do not buy stuff from theaters, sneak it in. your wallet will thank you!
    My personal record is 4 movies in one day (I was really bored and there was a lot out I hadn't seen) but I had to leave halfway through the 4th cuz I started feeling sick. My one rule is that I will only watch one recent movie (and thats usually the one I pay for) so that I don't go taking up a seat in an already packed theater.

I went and saw Pineapple Express, then snuck in to Hellboy 2. There were seriously 6 people watching Hellboy. I don't feel bad in the slightest.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The two most surprising scenes in the movie for me were:
    (Seriously, don't click if you haven't seen it)
    The closet scene
    and
    When Clooney revealed what he made in his basement
    Oh man the basement caught the entire theater off guard.

B.C. on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Goose! wrote: »

Not best ever but seriously superb.

I mean besides the jokes, which were spot on in tone and timing, the heist plot was great. The twist and the reveal expertly played out.

Plus the Vegas setting was cool and worked so well with those actors. Not to mention a great villain and a flawless soundtrack.

12 and 13 are not awful but not in the same league.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    well, shit

i really want to see this but i don't trust my vehicle to travel that far without differential fluid

perhaps next weekend

potatoe on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love me some Pitt and Clooney
    shit i must see this

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Scarab...its like you know me. :')

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

Not best ever but seriously superb.

I mean besides the jokes, which were spot on in tone and timing, the heist plot was great. The twist and the reveal expertly played out.

Plus the Vegas setting was cool and worked so well with those actors. Not to mention a great villain and a flawless soundtrack.

12 and 13 are not awful but not in the same league.
    Ocean's 11 had me on the edge of my seat the whole damn movie. It was very well-paced and...not intense, but something like that.

Like, I honestly did not see how they were going to pull everything off, even though I obviously knew they would. And I'm usually good at spotting the gimmick or the trick in those movies, but Ocean's 11 totally got me.

I have never seen the original Ocean's 11, so if it was somewhat the same in that then good on them, cuz it was stupendous

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think the reason I love Ocean's 11 so much is because I went to see it with my ex-girlfriend (who was ex at the time) and I thought it was gonna be me and her. And then her new boyfriend showed up. And they sat like 6 seats away from me and madeout the whole time. Pretty safe to say my eyes were glued to the screen.

Goose! on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the remake of Ocean's Eleven was the only remake i can think of that was better than the original

although i thought the original's ending was fantastic

mrpaku on