As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Earthworm Jim! The End!

• OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Augh the down the tube video refuses to play more than 20 seconds past the show clip
    Your videos are crashing Gamevee Gilder

Ohtsam on
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    Augh the down the tube video refuses to play more than 20 seconds past the show clip
    Your videos are crashing Gamevee Gilder

I got it to buffer to about 1/3 of the way, but that required leaving it for a couple hours while I went and did errands. Not the most efficient method out there.

Kane Red Robe on
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shit dawgs, I didn't mean to do this. Earthworm Jim is just too awesome.

Also, what if I told you guys that I managed to compress this Tubes video in a new way that not only has quality almost exactly the same as the video I just uploaded but with no slowdown and the same audio? Because I just did. Also while the quality is still the same for this one, somehow it managed to churn out a version of level 1 that had no visible drop in quality from my original version. The only thing is it's bigger but Gamevee doesn't allow downloads anyway right? I don't think the bigger filesize will matter once it's uploaded.

Anyway, I'm going to upload this newer version to gamevee and I want you guys to tell me how it looks once it works. The main part of Tube Race though will still look kind of shitty because I had to do something to that part with the old compression. It'll be perfect for a test though. Tell me how noticeable the differences were in the sections sandwiching that part.

Gilder on
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's loading for me, but slowly.

Also, wavy underwater effect is present in original.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
    edited September 2008
    Oh no, not this time. Maybe I was wrong about the screams in What the Heck, but this time I was right. There is no wavy effect in the SNES game, which as I have said is what I always refer to when I say original so if it was in the Genesis version you may be right. However....

[vidurl="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKQyA_evq3k"]Behold! No wavy effect![/vidurl]

Gilder on
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have a question about the end of the game;
    In the final fight
    I remember you're on a platform, quickly rotating the queen, shooting her until she dies. But, I also seem to remember you could end the game by jumping at the Queen or something like that. I think the idea was you get eaten and then blow her up from the inside. Is this ringing any bells for anyone?

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gilder wrote: »
    Oh no, not this time. Maybe I was wrong about the screams in What the Heck, but this time I was right. There is no wavy effect in the SNES game, which as I have said is what I always refer to when I say original so if it was in the Genesis version you may be right. However....

[vidurl="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKQyA_evq3k"]Behold! No wavy effect![/vidurl]

Yeah, that much you were right about.

Speed Racer on
    edited September 2008
    Okay guys, comparisons needed!

Version 2 of down the Tubes!

I know Gamevee is still being a jerk but when it stops acting up, I'd like if some of you guys could compare that video to the other video. For the first part of the level and the second part of the race, the amount of slowdown should've been drastically reduced. The first race though should still be crappy because I had it compressed before I did anything. Please tell me if that version runs smoother.

Also if it's not working by tomorrow, I'll upload a mirror to google and see if Viddler will cooperate.

Gilder on
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, no worky for me either. I tried using DownloadHelper to download the MP4 video but that didn't work.

tardcore on
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It works for me, then it stops.

Why don't you use Dailt Motion like Shadt does?

RockinX on
    edited September 2008
    RockinX wrote: »
    It works for me, then it stops.

Why don't you use Dailt Motion like Shadt does?

Because since I include about 2 minutes worth of the cartoon per video, they say I'm violating the ToS and they remove it. Disregard the fact that if you type in something like Animaniacs you'll get a million results of full episodes divided into parts.

Like I said though everyone, I'll upload to google or viddler tomorrow if gamevee still isn't working. The problem is google isn't much more reliable than gamevee is right now and Viddler always just says it'll take 15 hours to encode. That's why I don't want to deal with them anymore than I have to.

Gilder on
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can't view this latest video, but the previous three are still fine (I checked), so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Everything uploaded today on gamevee is acting up. I can load my other videos too but if I go to the most recent videos on the homepage, none of them load. I bet it'll be fixed tomorrow though. They have to know of the problem. Tomorrow morning I'll check to see if the video works and if it doesn't I'll get a mirror up. Due to the whole "Not actually getting the video today" like I promised, I'll try to get Snot a Problem edited and up tomorrow as well.

Gilder on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Seems like the first vid of tube races you put up is working. I watched the whole thing and it worked fine. A little slow at first, but once it got going the speed reached normal frame rate.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh well, I'll take this time waiting for your the vid to work by watch your SMB3 LP :D

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Alright you bastards whom I love so dearly, your complaints were heard and Gamevee is still being a jerk so.....

A viddler mirror of Down the Tubes! This one's actually viewable! I checked it myself.

Go forth, frolic, and be merry! I'll see about getting Snot a Problem up today as well and if Viddler keeps cooperating with me I'll keep using them as a mirror. Also, this is the second version of the video so the 3 or 4 of you that watched the first one on gamevee, please check this one out and tell me if there's a noticeable removal of slowdown.

Gilder on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wait wait wait. I thought when you got to Bob the Goldfish he got a giant healthbar and the words FINISH HIM show up on the screen, and then Jim eats him?

Speed Racer on
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty sure that's in the sequel. You don't even get control over the fight in that one and Jim does eat him. Not sure on the healthbar and words though.

Gilder on
    edited September 2008
    But I've never played the sequel!

I'm so confused now...

Speed Racer on
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gilder wrote: »

Yeah, that much you were right about.

[vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktM07SUvhNE]Only because he specified SNES.[/vidurl]

The timer does count down faster in this one, but the guy still manages to make it through without the secret refill. Barely.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
    edited September 2008
    Well Viddler has decided that it hates me again and I'm not going to let a video encode for over 12 hours. So no Mucus for you folks today, sorry. If Gamevee still isn't working tomorrow.... I guess google will have to be the mirror. Ugh.

Gilder on
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So you can either do the easier Tube Race, or skip it entirely? Huh. Interesting.

Good video as always.

Norfair on
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Godamn, I hate Tube Race. I absolutely hate it. It was the bane of my childhood. I'd get past it once in a blue moon.

then I figured out the secret air refill and my chances increased exponentially.

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't think I ever found the secret air refill. Or the way to skip the level. God dammit.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited September 2008
    Hey folks guess what! Much like Dailymotion with its ability to block my videos with no regard to the full episodes of other shows on their site, Google video also blocks my videos even though you can watch stuff way more copyright infringing than 2 minutes of clips! So here's what I'm going to do: I'm uploading to gamevee now but it's still going slow as hell if you try to watch it. However, it is loading. So if you wait like 59 hours it might load all the way. Tonight I'll upload it to viddler as well and have it encode while I sleep. By the morning it should be up.

Jesus Christ, you wouldn't think that a minute or two of an old Kids WB cartoon that nobody even watched would cause such an annoyance.

Gilder on
    edited September 2008
    mucus2.gifMajor Mucus!
    Major Mucus loves being eXtreme so it makes sense that you fight him in a bungee jumping duel. However he was apparently too eXtreme for the WB as he was never shown in the cartoon, despite his level being included in every version of the game.

psy2.gifPsycrow!
    While we have seen Psycrow in videos up until now, this is his first real introduction as an enemy. Psycrow always wears the helmet, even when he's on a planet. Perhaps it's keeping in more than just oxygen?

Video!

mucus.gifpsyhead.gif

Snot a Problem

I'll try for Viddler tomorrow but for you impatient folks, I suggest getting the video to start loading, tab out, and go paint your house or something. By the time you're done, the video might be finished loading.

Gilder on
    edited September 2008
    naw, mostly it just times out to a page cannot be displayed for me.

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, but some people managed to get Down the Tubes to work so maybe those people can still get it to work. Don't worry though, I'll definitely be uploading to Viddler tonight and it should be up tomorrow morning. Viddler didn't delete my last video before it even got put up so they're my last hope.

Gilder on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh man, Snot a problem was one of my favorites as a wee lad.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    edited September 2008
    okay d'okay

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The video accually loaded in a normal amount of time this time.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Oh my god, it is loading. Other videos uploaded today are working as well. I guess that Gamevee is sort of fixed now? Down the Tubes isn't working right but it was uploaded during the problem so it might just need to be re-uploaded. In any case if it works then I won't upload a mirror to Viddler because I hate the encoding times.

Edit: Okay most videos uploaded today are working. Some still aren't. However this one is so watch it while you can folks because gamevee might die again at any moment. It's a race against time!

Gilder on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, Jim Cummings voices Winnie the Pooh in the newer Winnie Pooh cartoons and movies and stuff. Obviously not the old toons, he's not that old. He does a ton of other stuff too. Like...well hell, he's one of those voices actors who is in like every cartoon ever. Oh, Monterey Jack from Rescue Rangers if anyone needs a good example of what he, well, sometimes sounds like.

Schide on
  • TimestonesTimestones Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jim Cummings also voiced Bob the Killer Goldfish.

Timestones on
    edited September 2008
    greenblob.gifGreen Blob!

These blobs float around and explode into delicious shrimp when shot. These shrimp are still alive though and so disgusting to look at that they hurt you.

brain2.gifBrains!

Brains just flopping around the lab all willy-nilly. There's not much else to say about them.

eye.gifThe Eyes!

Annoying little pests of an enemy. They come out of certain spots in the lab and you'd think that for such a weak enemy they'd die when you touch them but they don't. They can really rack up the damage if you keep them around.

prof4.gifProfessor Monkey-for-a-Head!

My favorite villain, solely for his voice actor in the cartoon. The professor obviously has a monkey grafted to his head and while it helps him out here in the game, in the show it never does. Oddly, you never actually defeat the Professor.

MYSTERY ENEMIES WITHOUT PICTURES?!

MYSTERIOUS.

mechachicken.gifRobotic Chicken!

I didn't make the obvious joke in the video and I'm not making it now. This chicken is probably the hardest boss in the game, but that's not saying a lot.

Video!

monkeyhead.gif

Level 5!

Gamevee going slow again, I think it'll still load, I don't even know anymore. I can't make anything out with that site. Maybe if they posted anything about the status of their site in their goddamn blog, people might know what's going on.

Gilder on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love it!
    GameVee is slow loading it up, I'm 6:22 in so far and I'm waiting for more to load. Just past the
    annoying cage fight

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Are you going to do the secret stage in the darkness? Because it's hidden in Level 5 and is VERY epic.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited September 2008
    Man, level 5 is my favourite

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Atomic Banana

Picks it up.

Peels