As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Collecters Edition

darren66darren66 Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
Gabe introduced it in today's post.

Will this only be available at PAX?

Is there anyone going to PAX that I can trust to get one for me??

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
darren66 on

• Options
    HH VladHH Vlad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Right now our only plans are to sell them at PAX, Comicon, etc. At PAX, you can get one at either the PA merch booth or Hothead's. After the show, we may be able to figure something out but no guarantees.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HH Vlad wrote: »
    Right now our only plans are to sell them at PAX, Comicon, etc. At PAX, you can get one at either the PA merch booth or Hothead's. After the show, we may be able to figure something out but no guarantees.

man, I thought there weren't going to be physical copies of this game.

Think I'll wait for the next three to come out and just buy the super mega 4 pack edition in the fruit fucker box hehe

Xaquin on
  • Options
    neo_reloadedneo_reloaded Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really want one of these too. I'd be willing to pay someone for the hassle (as well as the obvious reimbursement for the cost & shipping) if they'd pick one up for me.

neo_reloaded on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We had a bunch of people asking for just that so we decided to do a limited run to support PAX, Comic-con etc. What a massive undertaking :( We wanted to go with the best of everything so each piece is made by different companies. We hope you like it.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I wonder if maybe next time it'd be worth it to make preorders or something (say give people a week or three to order it) and then assemble the package. That way they get paid for and you don't have any unpaid for merchendise sitting around.

I dunno, just an idea.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    OpunayaOpunaya Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I love PA and everything, but I'm not too sure if I'm going to buy this Collector's Edition even if I was going to PAX, especially with Episode 2 coming out so soon...do you think you'll be releasing a Collector's Edition for the whole thing? I might pick up that, it'd also be nice to have a back-up in case something ever happens to my 360's HDD...

Opunaya on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    *edited out my whining*

darren66 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I suppose we will do a CE for each episode and if you want it, perhaps for the entire series but you have to understand that we would be lucky to break even with the limited numbers we are making. We made them because some people did not want just digital. If a bigger publisher that we respect wants to take the game to retail, we may consider it but for now, this is as close as it is going to get. As far as pre-orders, we considered it but dismissed it as something you guys may not appreciate. Perhaps we can look into that with future versions.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    DarkwyndreDarkwyndre Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    HH Vlad - I for one would be definately interested in a pre-order system for future CE's ... I've been watching for YEARS now to see if the penny-arcade books after the first volume would be released in the collector's edition hardbound autographed version (which I have the first book) ... but no dice.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants collector's edition PA Swag. I suspect you might actually be able to do better than break even if you opened it up for pre-purchase ... maybe perhaps got Jerry and Mike to do some autographs on the first ### sold or whatever. Who knows.

Darkwyndre on
    Playstation Network ID : EasySleeze
  • Options
    VineVine Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    I made it a point to stop by the Hothead booth to pick up a copy, mainly to show my support for the Dev, unfortunately, I was out of cash and had to go over to the PAX credit card line to get it. Then I put a big dent in the back of the box because my bag was so full, lol. Maybe next time I'll plan a bit better. A big thanks to Hothead, you guys show way more fan appreciation that most studios.

Vine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    A follow-up, a forumer who went to PAX bought a copy for me.

Still dissapointed in PA/HH for not offering something online for their fans, but oh well.

darren66 on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    darren66 wrote: »
    A follow-up, a forumer who went to PAX bought a copy for me.

Still dissapointed in PA/HH for not offering something online for their fans, but oh well.

VoodooV on
  • Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    HH Vlad wrote: »
    I suppose we will do a CE for each episode and if you want it, perhaps for the entire series but you have to understand that we would be lucky to break even with the limited numbers we are making. We made them because some people did not want just digital. If a bigger publisher that we respect wants to take the game to retail, we may consider it but for now, this is as close as it is going to get. As far as pre-orders, we considered it but dismissed it as something you guys may not appreciate. Perhaps we can look into that with future versions.

Nerds love special editions.

Nerds hate special editions that come out after the regular edition. Some still buy, grudgingly, and some just get super-ultra-pissed and swear off the game out of spite. Trust me, I've seen people go crazy over the word "promo" or "limited edition." In this business, they're a gold mine.

I want to roll initiative on a PA d20. D:

astronautcowboy3 on
    The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    ChokeholdChokehold Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't really care whether or not a CE is released before or after a primary release, however, this might be because I live in a far-off land where stuff don't arrive until about a year after something is done and finished.
    Maybe it's the snow hindering transportation of retail merchandise, I don't really know, BUT, I do know that I don't care, which is what I'm really getting at.

I would love a CE of the episodes, the entire series, the whole deal. I'd get CE t-shirts, were they for sale. This is mostly because I've been reading PA since oh I dunno, five years back?

I do also understand HH and why they don't release a CE immediately for ordering and whatnot, it's really a big gamble when something is this new. PA has never had a game starring themselves released before, I'm not sure an expected or even appreciated estimate amount of people would be interested in such stuff. Most people do settle with just the game. Which is sad. :( <-- sad.

Chokehold on