As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human Processor Error

saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Graphic Violence
Hello all,

Just wanted to ask those of you who have picked this up: Is it any good? I'm a huge GITS fan from the movies to SAC seasons 1 and 2, so I'm wonderng if I'm missing out here.

I've been unable to get any of the issues for this book in the UK, and so I'm wondering if Dark Horse isn't shipping this title over here.

Just want to know what I'm missing out on.

banner_160x60_01.gif
saint2e on

• BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's pretty good. Typical Shirow story-telling that so far is more mystery and political intrigue than action. It follows a couple characters that played smaller parts in the original GitS. I think I've read 1-3 so far, and 4 was just released. Need to pick it up this weekend.

I have only read the original GitS. I never read GitS 2 or SAC, and I can't tell you how this series fits in with those two. I can say that HPE seems to be almost a direct sequel to GitS (whereas I believe GitS 2 was not a "direct" sequel from what I remember Shirow saying at the time).

As far as I'm concerned, it's all just getting in the way of him working on Appleseed, but I buy it because I love his work. And it's good.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Which characters, specifically?

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Which characters, specifically?

If I remembered, I would have said. One of them was the only completely human guy, and the crazy-haired old guy is in it, too. When I get home, I'll try to remember to check their names.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2007
    Togusa is the one without any augmentation.

I like Togusa.

DarkPrimus on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's Togusa and a completely new character, if I'm not mistaken.

gredavin on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Togusa is awesome.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I need to somehow get my hands on this. Apparently they can't sell it over here due to licensing something or others.

I <3 GITS and Togusa is one of my favourite characters.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's pretty good, I have the first 3 and I find the story intriguing. Its worth it just to see Togusa's car and the little surprise it hides.

Also:

[spoiler:22892b664a]Nanotech Zombies[/spoiler:22892b664a]

gredavin on
  • BoboBobo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Briareos wrote:
    It's pretty good. Typical Shirow story-telling that so far is more mystery and political intrigue than action. It follows a couple characters that played smaller parts in the original GitS. I think I've read 1-3 so far, and 4 was just released. Need to pick it up this weekend.

I have only read the original GitS. I never read GitS 2 or SAC, and I can't tell you how this series fits in with those two. I can say that HPE seems to be almost a direct sequel to GitS (whereas I believe GitS 2 was not a "direct" sequel from what I remember Shirow saying at the time).

As far as I'm concerned, it's all just getting in the way of him working on Appleseed, but I buy it because I love his work. And it's good.
    It makes me a little sad that "Briaros" is not more familiar with Shirow's work :( Then again, I am kind of a fanatic; I've got way more Shirow stuff than I can deal with. That said, I haven't picked up 1.5, but I have the original japanese pressing of it. I think it came with a CD-Rom. Weird.

Bobo on
    edited January 2007
    The second GitS movie (Innocence) was an adaptation of one of the stories in the original GitS manga, changed to take place after the events of the first movie, without the Major, etc.

Stand-Alone Complex, 2nd Gig, and Solid State Society (as well as any future releases in the SAC continuity) are seperate from both the GitS manga and movie continuity. The final episode of 2nd Gig has a nice homage scene to the opening of the manga, though.

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2007
    Bobo wrote:
    Briareos wrote:

It makes me a little sad that "Briaros" is not more familiar with Shirow's work :( Then again, I am kind of a fanatic; I've got way more Shirow stuff than I can deal with. That said, I haven't picked up 1.5, but I have the original japanese pressing of it. I think it came with a CD-Rom. Weird.

It makes me sad that Shirow has been distracting himself from writing more stories about my namesake by writing GitS stories. Sorry, but while GitS is cool, Appleseed is where my heart lies. I just can't get much into GitS.

Also, has anyone besides me had trouble reading it right to left? I appreciate them keeping his panels in the original format, but it's a bit a of strain for me to figure out the order sometimes. It shouldn't be that hard, but it is.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Does it have at least two pages of hot lesbian sex?

Sars_Boy on
  • BoboBobo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Does it have at least two pages of hot lesbian sex?
    What they were saying is the opposite of sexy, if you've ever seen the translation.

Bobo on
    edited January 2007
    Somehow I missed Issue #3, so even though I picked up #4 yesterday, I can't read it until I track down the missing issue. Grrr.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]