As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Why do geeks look like geeks?

• SuckafishSuckafish Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Suckafish wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:
    NEW QUESTION OF EQUAL CALIBER:

Do smart and pretty girls exist? Or are you ugly by default if you are smart?

It obviously depends on whether the smart girl has let her hair down and taken off her glasses. Until then, ugly by default. Duh.

Yeah, thats what I expected.

Without noteing the expected sarcasm, what is your point? To make them look cool? What will that do? Aside from similing that everyone is cool according to your own dictation of what cool is, there is not benefit for anyone to meet anyone elses expectations. If they want to look like geek, they feel happy and like the enviorment, what right do you have that they aren't cool?

I would much rather date the hair in a pony tail, glasses wearing girl that i can have a converstation with than the air head bombshell.

Seriously it seems your more geeky than anyone else.

*cries* My point is that I was making a joke about a hollywood cliche. And I'm more geeky than anyone else? What the hell does that mean? Is it a compliment, attack, or just a statement?

Let's take a shot at your train of thought.

1. Reads topic that states the obvious, there is a tendency for very technically inclined people to look more like the stereotypical nerd than their peers, and that questions why this is so.

2. Somehow concludes that this is an attack on those people, and that the OP has illusions of being better than the people he is labelling 'geeks'.

It sounds to me like you read more into my comments than is really there.

Suckafish on
    edited January 2007
    Variable wrote:
    this entire thread is about why people who fit stereotypes fit stereotypes

fixed

Suckafish on
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't get this. Who the fuck cares if someone looks like/acts like/is a geek? Chances are, that geek is going to wind up contributing about 50 times as much to society as Jimmy Jockstrap the dumbass college football player, no matter how awkward he is.

Azio on
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    But your entire topic is stupid. The people who aren't as obviously geeky also do things besides being geeky, and the reason why excessively geeky look excessively geeky is because, well, that is what excessively geeky people look like!

Seriously, what is there to discuss here?

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
    edited January 2007
    Azio wrote:
    I don't get this. Who the fuck cares if someone looks like/acts like/is a geek? Chances are, that geek is going to wind up contributing about 50 times as much to society as Jimmy Jockstrap the dumbass college football player, no matter how awkward he is.
    Lots of 'jocks' I know are cool people.

Lots of 'jocks' I know are retarded people.

LOLS STEREOTYPES

Jinnigan on
    edited January 2007
    Jinnigan wrote:
    But your entire topic is stupid. The people who aren't as obviously geeky also do things besides being geeky, and the reason why excessively geeky look excessively geeky is because, well, that is what excessively geeky people look like!

Why are oranges orange? Because that is the colour oranges are!

I suppose I wasn't clear enough in the initial post. Why are we able to label an appearance as being 'excessively geeky'? What is it about the habits and interests of such people that morphs their appearance into something that can be catagorized? Or, is it because they naturally look geeky, that they are driven towards these pursuits. Maybe a combination of the two... that is what I was asking. That is what I wanted the discussion to revolve around.

Suckafish on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    people already answered it. It's an easy and logical answer. it's not really a discussion.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited January 2007
    THINGS THAT COME AS A RESULT OF BEING GEEKY:
    -skinny or overweight (no exercise)
    -pale (too much time indoors)
    -unkempt (don't care about 'beauty' - this means stuff like zits, wacky hair, etc)
    -awkward clothing (because style is not something they care about)

THINGS THAT LEAD A PERSON TO GRAVITATE TO GEEKYNESS
    -socially awkward (if you have a hard time with people, excel in things that don't require people!)
    -physically awkward (hard to play sports when your body is lanky and weird, or if you are HORRIBLY DEFORMED)

Jinnigan on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i'm nto physically fit, but i still look pretty damn decent. i large number of my friends work in sysadmin type jobs and they look fine. i only have one friend who works in computers who dresses like a slob, and he's probably the fittest of them all.

now, i used to play magic: the gathering. holy fuck was that an ugly-ass crew. i walked past a hobbyshop the other day and saw some guy carrying a heroclix box. goddamn, the guy looked like shit.

i think it's dependent on whether or not you're obsessed with what you do or not. my friends and i engage in a myriad of activities, and we like to get drunk on expensive booze, we dislike pimples, and we go to radiohead concerts. when i was a magic player, that's probably about all i cared about, playing games, and my appearance reflected it. i care far more about socializing outside my game crew than i did before, and an improvement in appearance was necessary to make that happen.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Suckafish wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:

Why are oranges orange? Because that is the colour oranges are!

I suppose I wasn't clear enough in the initial post. Why are we able to label an appearance as being 'excessively geeky'? What is it about the habits and interests of such people that morphs their appearance into something that can be catagorized? Or, is it because they naturally look geeky, that they are driven towards these pursuits. Maybe a combination of the two... that is what I was asking. That is what I wanted the discussion to revolve around.

They, in your defination, are geeky because *Shock, Horror!* they want to be! *Shock, Horror!* They like the crowd they are in and they like to dress that way. There is no thinking behind it. It seems your the one with the problem and them not meeting your standards or something.

Katchem_ash on
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I dont see a single hairstyle in the bunch.

Geeks often look the way they do because a lot of them are introverted, and dont have the social awareness, or desire to be more outwardly attractive.

Like, any one of them could go to a decent hair salon and ask for a stylish cut, but clearly none of them has made that a priority

i like meeting cool geeks IRL - because they straddle the stereotypes/rise above them, and generally look better and are more fun to go out and do social things with. They are typically more well-rounded people, and it shows that they have other interests beyond their geeky pursuits.

edit: I was just saying to someone the other day that I differentiate geeks and nerds as as having geeky interests vs being so involved in those pursuits as to the detriment of other areas in life

i guess if there's a criticism to made here, its against people who focus on one avenue of interests or pursuits to such a degree that they leave other major areas of life underdeveloped to their own detriment.

there's no reason you cant be into super geeky things, and still by physically healthy/fit, have a good relationship, look attractive, etc etc

Deusfaux on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've always been a fan of the geek-nerd-dork linguistic differences.

Pretty much everyone I like is a nerd. I'm totally a fucking nerd. Nerd implies having tremendous interest in a topic or topics and will do very "geeky" things with them. I've been to poetry readings, read books on sonatas and meter, and read every indie music mag I can get my hands on.

However, I'm also a reasonably hip person. I take care of myself, and look more or less normal. (I LOOK HIP NOT SHAGGY GODDAMN IT! :P) I am very shy and loathe awkward situations, but I can be very sociable in most situations.

I think that Geeks are a sort of HYPER-nerd. (Please not I have nothing against geeks. If my interests were physics and MTG I'm sure I would be a wicked geek. My brother, one of the coolest people I know, is also a fucking geek par excellence) The dedication that nerds give to their interests is intensified, as is their social skills, or, rather, lack there of. This lends to a sort of "Mad-Professor/Philosopher" stereotype, where all is sacrificed in the pursuit of said interest, and they can only interact with like minded people.

It seems that certain interests have a higher population of geeks. (Lookin at you, Star Trek.) But still, go to something like a Gardening convention or a sports-writers meeting. HELLA GEEKS there.

Again, there isn't much wrong with being a geek. You will know more about your passion than ANYONE, and there is a definite sense of accomplishment - something a lot of people do not have in their life. Perhaps it's more satisfying to finish a D&D campaign than to get some meaningless, Sisyphean promotion.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DagrabbitDagrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    For the record, a lot of the people in those pictures look nerdy because most teenage boys look awkward and geeky. They're not done filling out, are in the middle of growth spurts, have bad acne, are teenage boys so they don't groom much, etc.

A lot of them will grow out of it to look perfectly normal. They look less geeky and more just young. The good-looking, "cool" guys tend to just look more like adult men already due to their builds or what-have-you.

Dagrabbit on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Suckafish wrote:
    mcdermott, to reply to your earlier post, yes I meant book-smart when I said intelliigence - my bad. I'm not sure if you think that all that differentiates the top scholastic achievers from the average kid is how much they care, but if that is your stance I strongly disagree.

That's not my stance, but I do think the correlation between intelligence and education is not as strong as you think it is. And that a large part (though obviously not all) of what differentiates top scholastic achievers and the average kid is how much they care. The top scholastic achievers often only do so well because they enjoy it/care (obvious) and the "average" kid (to include many "jocks") would be able to do much more if they enjoyed it/cared. The gap in intelligence between these groups as a whole (as opposed to individual geniuses and the nearly retarded) is often not as far apart as the gap in educational achievement would suggest. That's all I'm sayin'.
    *cries* My point is that I was making a joke about a hollywood cliche.

Don't worry, I at least got the joke. It was actually pretty funny, and would have gone over better if you hadn't annoyed the audience first. :wink:
    Dagrabbit wrote:
    For the record, a lot of the people in those pictures look nerdy because most teenage boys look awkward and geeky. They're not done filling out, are in the middle of growth spurts, have bad acne, are teenage boys so they don't groom much, etc.

True, but oddly this thread encouraged me to really look around a bit at my EE classes today. Even in junior-level classes, where you figure the ages are more in the 20-and-up range, there are some seriously geeky looking motherfuckers in there. And a majority of the class is moderately to fairly geeky-lookin'.

mcdermott on
  • YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dagrabbit wrote:
    A lot of them will grow out of it to look perfectly normal. They look less geeky and more just young. The good-looking, "cool" guys tend to just look more like adult men already due to their builds or what-have-you.
    Yeah, but they also go outside and exercise and have some confidence and put some effort into how they look and pay attention to what they wear and talk to people and pay attention to trends.

YosemiteSam on
    edited January 2007
    Dagrabbit wrote:
    Yeah, but they also go outside and exercise and have some confidence and put some effort into how they look and pay attention to what they wear and talk to people and pay attention to trends.

Whats so wrong with not doing this? Granted I like going out for walks by myself and admiring the scenery I don't exercise or care what I wear. I am not fat by any means, but normal skinny sort of, but I don't care about the clothes outside of the office. Why should I dress up to some standard just to make it easier to see me? What will I get out of that? Nothing. I like myself and the clothes I wear are functional and its what I wear. Your mind and your spirit are more freaking important than some designer shit you wear.

I don't understand why this is all so freaking important. If I don't want to speak to "Cool" people or be like "Cool" people, why look down at me? Just because I am not at your standard?

Katchem_ash on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Dagrabbit wrote:
    Paying attention to trends doesn't make you cool, it makes you trendy. Finding your own look that you can rock makes you cooler than wearing something trendy that you can't rock. Rock is the key.

ViolentChemistry on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't think I look particularly geeky. When I take my glasses off or if I get the new ones I really want soon, you can't tell, depending on my attire.

Anyway.

Dynagrip on
    edited January 2007
    Dagrabbit wrote:

Whats so wrong with not doing this?
    Who said something was wrong with not doing that? I will say that, given the choice between someone who does that stuff and someone who doesn't and no other information about the person, I, personally, would be more inclined to hang out with the person who does. Partially because I place a certain value on those things in and of themselves, and partially because in my experience there is a strong correlation between caring about how you look and having confidence. I like hanging out with confident people because they tend to be funny, personable, and fun to hang out with.

Of course, these are all kind of superficial characteristics, but hey, I'll be the first to admit that I have some superficial relationships, and I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of. You're not a superficial person unless you care excessively (or only) about superficial characteristics and have too many superficial relationships. But having superficial relationships doesn't limit your ability to have more meaningful relationships. In fact, a meaningful relationship almost always has to start as a superficial one.

Also, following trends religiously makes you lame and means you're probably trying too hard, but following trends you like makes you cool. Obviously these are all my opinions, not absolute statements, but for whatever reason labeling your opinions as such seems to be necessary in this thread.

YosemiteSam on
  • VapidVapid Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think that some "superficial" attributes are actually more important than some people give credit for. A lot of these things like paying attention to how one looks, how one speaks, trends and such aid oneself in social interaction, and unless you're extremely gifted in one thing or another, successful social interaction is extremely crucial to the average person. I finally realized this somewhere around sophomore year of high school and thus put in more effort in my appearance and such. In the beginning I guess I questioned if I was not betraying myself, but I really think it was for the best. As other posters have mentioned, it has led me to be a more well-rounded person overall.

This is where also the "geek" perception of how the dumb jock will never get ahead in life can also be a misleading. Because sports 99% of the time requires social interaction and teamwork, the jock probably feels more comfortable in a work environment , as long as he is of average intelligence.

Dunno, just my two cents after reading the thread.

Vapid on
    POKEMON DIAMOND : 1418 4085 0727
    Mario Strikers: 266395 286788
    Like games/movies/other awesome stuff? Check ouy my blog: http://freakinawesome.wordpress.com/
    edited January 2007
    Vapid wrote:
    I think that some "superficial" attributes are actually more important than some people give credit for. A lot of these things like paying attention to how one looks, how one speaks, trends and such aid oneself in social interaction, and unless you're extremely gifted in one thing or another, successful social interaction is extremely crucial to the average person. I finally realized this somewhere around sophomore year of high school and thus put in more effort in my appearance and such. In the beginning I guess I questioned if I was not betraying myself, but I really think it was for the best. As other posters have mentioned, it has led me to be a more well-rounded person overall.
    Same here. About a year ago I started realizing this stuff. I realized that for a long time, on a certain level, I felt inferior to people who paid attention to this shit. Eventually I decided, why don't I just start doing this shit if I think it's cool? I'm a lot happier than I was a while ago, I'm much more comfortable with myself, and if anything I have more meaningful relationships than before.

YosemiteSam on
  • DagrabbitDagrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This whole thing reminds me of the Beauty and the Geek. Ignoring producers planting certain contestants and what-not, the difference from the make-overs they give the geeks really is striking. A lot of people have the ability to be average-looking or better, regardless of their starting point. Finding the right haircut, growing into your body type, the right frames for your face, right clothes for your body type, I mean, a lot of this actually is a science for wardrobe departments in the entertainment industry. There needs to be a class in high school. "How to do the best with what you got."

Dagrabbit on
  • ZsetrekZsetrek Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Atlanta%20Falcons.jpg

HAY GUYZ WILL SOME 1 TELL ME WHY THESE GUYS ARE SO BIG I MEAN WTF! WHY DO SPORTS TEAMS LOOK LIKE SPORTS TEAMZ?

IF THEY JUST SAT AROUND SOME MORE MAYBE THEY WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE PALE AND SLIM.

DO YOU THINK BEING BUFFED MAKES YOU A GOOD SPORTSMAN OR BEING SPORTY MAKES U BUFFED?????//

PLZ HELP ME UNRAVEL LIFE'S MYSTERIES.

ALSO, WHY DOES MY LAP DISSAPEAR WHEN I STAND UP? WHERE DOES IT GO?

Zsetrek on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    So I'm curious, is it possible for there to be a third-party candidate? Perhaps another seperate clique entirely? Furthermore, is it at all common for people to belong to more than one high-school clique?

ViolentChemistry on
  • fjafjanfjafjan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Zsetrek wrote:
    Atlanta%20Falcons.jpg

HAY GUYZ WILL SOME 1 TELL ME WHY THESE GUYS ARE SO BIG I MEAN WTF! WHY DO SPORTS TEAMS LOOK LIKE SPORTS TEAMZ?

IF THEY JUST SAT AROUND SOME MORE MAYBE THEY WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE PALE AND SLIM.

DO YOU THINK BEING BUFFED MAKES YOU A GOOD SPORTSMAN OR BEING SPORTY MAKES U BUFFED?????//

PLZ HELP ME UNRAVEL LIFE'S MYSTERIES.

ALSO, WHY DOES MY LAP DISSAPEAR WHEN I STAND UP? WHERE DOES IT GO?
    :D

fjafjan on
    Yepp, THE Fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
    - "Proving once again the deadliest animal of all ... is the Zoo Keeper" - Philip J Fry
  • SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Janson wrote:
    Um...

I see people with short hair, long hair, glasses, no glasses, thin and weedy, tall and buff, well-fitting branded clothes, no-brand clothes...
    Early post, but let's also be clear that the picture in the OP is ten years old.

I'm pretty sure social norms change when technology to become more of a geek is more accessible.

Edit: But that sounds stupid, because i'm sure most of everyone can afford some good D&D sets. But seriously, I see a lot of awesome geeks these days who care about how they look, not the high-pitched zit-filled sterotype that a lot of people glorify.

Sanius on
  • SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is there anything wrong with looking geeky?

I mean, I know I do (and rightfully so. Me=total geek), but it's only because I wear flannel shirts because it's cold out. I could look above par (at least, I think I could), I just don't want to freeze.

Is it so bad that some people choose functional clothes over trendy ones?

I know ass-tons of geeks who don't look geeky, but truly are at heart.

Squirrelmob on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Looking geeky really isn't the issue. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm always going to look geeky due to my physique, and there's only so much I could do to change that. Even if I could, I don't think I'd want to, because I like being a little svelte.

That said, I make one hell of an effort to do the little things right. Dress nicely, wear clean laundry, shower, groom my facial hair, use conditioner, wear cologne, etc. I also know lots of big dudes into nerd culture who would never worry about being called a nerd because they also do what they can to take care of themselves, and realize that your appearance does matter and plays a role in how other people view you. It may sound like an ugly stereotype, but the problem with most guys who wear the label do so because they don't want to put in the effort to take care of the little things.

I used to love playing RPGs and card games. I didn't stop because of the way my fellow gamers looked. I stopped because of the way they smelled.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    :roll:

The geek appearance stereotype is mostly because the people who do geeky things who look good are not referred to as geeks by others.

People are more likely to say "That hot girl plays video games" than "That hot girl is a geek."

Incenjucar on
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:

The geek appearance stereotype is mostly because the people who do geeky things who look good are not referred to as geeks by others.

People are more likely to say "That hot girl plays video games" than "That hot girl is a geek."
    Actually, I'm much more inclined to say "that nerdy girl is really hot."

I know a few of those.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Geeks look like geeks because you say they look like geeks

The definition of a geek is constantly changing

Notice how none of them are wearing pocket protectors or taped-over glass bridges?

The original proposition was not very good because it was circular - yes, you could claim they look like geeks, but BY YOUR OWN DEFINITION that you created do they fit in that category. They don't look entirely like geeks in your eyes? Adjust your sight to include them.

Circular feedback loop, self-fulfilling prophecy.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • BlackDog85BlackDog85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    As a music student, I've noticed that, by and large, appearance-wise, we're mostly divided between "well dressed/well groomed", "totally awkward", and "hippie".

Obviously not 100% true, but I have a chuckle now and then thinking about that.

BlackDog85 on
    KeithBeKnives.png
    Wii Code: 5700 4466 3616 6981 (PM if y'all add me)
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Zimmydoom wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:

I know a few of those.

Yes.

But you HAVE A WII CODE.

It's like a black guy calling another black guy a brother.

Heck, I only date/associate/cuddle women who fit the activity-based definition.

But half of them are so attractive they have to carry weapons.

Incenjucar on
    edited January 2007
    Why's geeks always assuming that you have to wear 'trendy' clothes to look good?

Jinnigan on
    edited January 2007
    So geeks have to be trendy and all that, but for what? So people can talk to them? For what pray tell?

I have above average Intellegence, I have gotten a job as a Business Analyst, but wait, here is the shocking part, I didn't change at all for me to get this far! *Shock Horror!*

It stupid to assume something just so you "think" that you will benefit for every damn thing. Instead of finding every superficial relationship, why not look for the right one from the start? Instead of saying lets bag her/him why not wait until your sure? Spending your life among people that you can associate with because they think alike are more important and impressing that girl/guy or that co-worker.

To much ideal has been passed down on to people to look good. Hell, in a business enviorment I have had to pass over trendy guys/girls because they took that much effort into looking good but put minial effort in thier brains. I look for normal people who have exceptional intellegence than stupid trendy looking people with below average intellegence.

Hell, me as a 23 years old, running a group of programmers in a business thats improved efficentcies through out the company has done a lot more by looking myself than most of the trendy guys I know.

Katchem_ash on
    edited January 2007
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Zimmydoom wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:

I know a few of those.

Yes.

But you HAVE A WII CODE.

It's like a black guy calling another black guy a brother.

Heck, I only date/associate/cuddle women who fit the activity-based definition.

But half of them are so attractive they have to carry weapons.
    I was trying to say that I tend to group people by their interests rather than their appearance, and I happen to know several gamers/math and science geeks who are also very attractive and athletic. They're not hot because they play games. That is entirely secondary.

By the way, that post makes you look like a shallow asshole.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • For the FutureFor the Future ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Never underestimate the power of looks. Sure you can get by in life looking like shit but having good brains.

But ideally, you want to be smart and very trendy and good looking. Because this way, you get the best of both worlds, and anyone who talks shit about you is just jealous.

Also, why can't you just find "the right girl" from your first relationship? Because the first girlfriend is pretty much the throw away girlfriend. Most people do not grow up to marry and have babies with the first girl they ever go out with, and those that do often end up in divorces and general unhappiness.

For the Future on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man. I am optimistic for the future.

VishNub on
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Isn't it as simple as geeks/nerds however you want to spell it out are comfortable with who they are and don't feel the need to impress people by the clothes they wear or with the way they act?

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2007
    Isn't it as simple as geeks/nerds however you want to spell it out are comfortable with who they are and don't feel the need to impress people by the clothes they wear or with the way they act?

Thats exactly my point. There is no need for one to dress up/act a different way because society sees it fit. They can do whatever they want and the rest just have to accept it. If they don't its those who can't accept it that are to blame and not the geek/nerds.

Katchem_ash on