As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] CE Headstart Now! SE the 16th, launch 18th.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    so, i totally forgot about the last names when i went with Chemical as my name.

suggest me a last name that isn't awful.

Burn.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

How about "Imbalance"?

or you could be offensive and have "Ali" as your last name.

Others:
    Warfare
    Waste
    Effect
    Cesspool

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

WeinerDick
    Fart
    Poopy
    Buttface

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Or you could kinda take no last name at all.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hillean wrote: »
    Some friends from WoW wanted to start up on Volkmar, just logged off there to get lunch and now there is a 15 minute queue.

Whats up with that :(

Uh, how about

Old Timers
    Goons
    Strumgrenadier

all rolling there?

Except the goons aren't on Volkmar at all, unless there are splinters from the main group that I don't know about?

Ledneh on
  • NismoGrendelNismoGrendel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Some friends from WoW wanted to start up on Volkmar, just logged off there to get lunch and now there is a 15 minute queue.

Uh, how about

Old Timers
    Goons
    Strumgrenadier

all rolling there?

Wow, I saw Old Timers today in rvr, but didn't know about the other two.

I just remade my shaman on Ulthuan to play with TSM people. :)

NismoGrendel on
    edited September 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »

Uh, how about

Old Timers
    Goons
    Strumgrenadier

all rolling there?

Except the goons aren't on Volkmar at all, unless there are splinters from the main group that I don't know about?

I'm thinking I saw on the TSM thread that they ran there, maybe even Carnage... or it's the Goon Order-chapter that ran, can't recall, but I know that server was pretty fucked over population-wise.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mythic's realm war shows averheim as being pretty balanced pop wise as far as guilds are concerned. Its the guilds that tend to be organized anyway. Ulthuan? Destro zeerrrggggg lead by the mouths.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
    edited September 2008
    My bad.

Realm War shows:

Old Timers
    Carnage
    Strumgrenadier

on Volkmar. Goons went to Azazel or someplace like that.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I didn't know about last names until after I made my blorc. His name is the same as mine. I'm trying to find the most feminine name possible for the last name. Thinking Emily or Sally.

Toothy on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hazywater wrote: »
    Mythic's realm war shows averheim as being pretty balanced pop wise as far as guilds are concerned. Its the guilds that tend to be organized anyway. Ulthuan? Destro zeerrrggggg lead by the mouths.

..what.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Toothy wrote: »
    Yeah, I didn't know about last names until after I made my blorc. His name is the same as mine. I'm trying to find the most feminine name possible for the last name. Thinking Emily or Sally.

My Black Orc is named Emily.

Don't steal my thunder.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited September 2008
    battleresults.gif

Grand Prize:
    Never-Ending Bowl of Custard and Player Title
    Participating members of Destruction will receive an exclusive Never-Ending Bowl of Custard in Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning-and a special player title. In addition, The Inevitable City, the capital city for the entire Destruction faction, will be placed at Rank 2.

Prize for Top Individuals:
    Signet of the Cursed Company
    Top Gold earners, best recruiters, and other top competitors throughout the Road to WAR will receive the Signet of the Cursed Company when they play Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.

Winning participants will be notified by email for instructions on how to retrieve their prizes.

:D

So basically, Destro will have pie, Order will have nothing, and cheating motherfuckers will have Signets of the Cursed Company.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wooo custard

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited September 2008
    /waits for custard/Signet codes to start popping up on eBay

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    KingMole wrote: »
    hazywater wrote: »

..what.

The Six mouths are very popular.

I'm trying to decide what to roll when i get off work. I think T6M will be dominant on their server, at least from looking at what else is on their server.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Toothy wrote: »

My Black Orc is named Emily.

Don't steal my thunder.

=(

I need a good last name.

Toothy on
    edited September 2008

Ooh... I wonder if my signet code will be worth anything.

Darkewolfe on
    edited September 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Think you'll get one?

I haven't heard anything thru email yet, I did quite a bit of the Kill Drill and found all 4 of the Destruction trophies, but there's no way I could really compete with the rampant cheating that went on with the recruiters and such.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited September 2008

Think you'll get one?

I haven't heard anything thru email yet, I did quite a bit of the Kill Drill and found all 4 of the Destruction trophies, but there's no way I could really compete with the rampant cheating that went on with the recruiters and such.

I didn't cheat at all, but I worked at it quite a bit and ended up with 170,000 victory points, Order side.

I really hope I get one. I guess it depends on how many people cheated past me.

Edit: The only way I got money was by linking my recruiter signup on the front page of the Candymancers forum, hosting my "heads" all over forums, and adding about 600 people to my facebook friends list so they could drill on my... kill?

Darkewolfe on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wow, haven't even thought about tradeskills. Is there a page up on the WAR homepage about it? I didn't see it in a quick search.

Can you respec your renown points or whatever the spec system is in this? Or do I have to be super freakin' careful about what I do?

KiTA on
    edited September 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    Wow, haven't even thought about tradeskills. Is there a page up on the WAR homepage about it? I didn't see it in a quick search.

Can you respec your renown points or whatever the spec system is in this? Or do I have to be super freakin' careful about what I do?

You can respec, it costs a few silver. It seems expensive at low level, but is pocket change later.

As to tradeskills, go apothecary unless you have at least five friends who are going to feed you gear for talisman making.

Darkewolfe on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Has anyone played with mods yet?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »

Clock & AutoLoot are required.

Whiny Timers are kinda nice if you're a caster.

PlantMe is AWESOME if you Cultivate.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

You can respec, it costs a few silver. It seems expensive at low level, but is pocket change later.

As to tradeskills, go apothecary unless you have at least five friends who are going to feed you gear for talisman making.

I take it Apothecary is WAR's version of Alchemy? And Talisman Making is ... Enchanting?

KiTA on
    edited September 2008

I take it Apothecary is WAR's version of Alchemy? And Talisman Making is ... Enchanting?

Yes. Except gathering skills and creating skills are specific, and you can only have one of each. And you need a separate Disenchant skill to go with Enchanting. But you also need a skinner to go with enchanting. And you yourself can't take both skills.

And Alchemy takes three separate harvesting skills to do well. But remember, you can only have one per character.

Darkewolfe on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like the people in pvp scenarios who just shout "GO FOR THE HEALERS" "DON'T FIGHT TANKS"

Over and over

Like it is the ultimate strategy

(This time, it was a witch hunter who had all of 800 damage done at the end of the scenario... telling everyone else they sucked.)

INeedNoSalt on
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like the people in pvp scenarios who just shout "GO FOR THE HEALERS" "DON'T FIGHT TANKS"

Over and over

(This time, it was a witch hunter who had all of 800 damage done at the end of the scenario... telling everyone else they sucked.)

I had one of those guys in beta.. he was yelling at us that we were "doing it wrong" right up until he got cut off from the Scenario ending. With us winning. *sigh*

Timmer on
  • CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

[strike]Where can you find mods? I fail at the internets.[/strike]
    Nevermind found it! http://war.curse.com/downloads/addons/

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Over and over

It is the right strategy. Until the higher ranks when people have shit that can reduce the heals people take you are not killing a tank (or much of anything really) while the healer sits back undisturbed.

Playing this game is like playing with the worst mouth-breathers to ever wander into Alterac Valley. Idiots just sit up on the ledge in GoE and shoot the tanks capturing the mid point, meanwhile the other team is capping behind them. Nobody moves. They just sit there on the ledge and lose like fucking idiots.

Played a game earlier where I was the only person to ever cross the midpoint. Capped their side twice but it didn't matter since nobody ever came to back me up. Then I stop to get ours back from two guys (playing a witch elf so gogo hot dps) and survive with a sliver of health.. shaman runs right past me from respawn, eager to get back to the ledge to cast BRAIN BURSTA YO.

People are so fucking bad at this and I can't figure out how anyone can possibly be so stupid.

(Also in good times for today in KE everyone but me and one other witch elf just zergs the fucking mid altar.. and stays there. After being like, "you know there's a cave here, right?" in /sc some people finally follow me, we come out into a respawn wave of order, so I run off to the right by the exit nook and all the order people chase me.. and nobody caps the fucking flag point. Just seriously wtf.)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    FightTest wrote: »

Over and over

It is the right strategy. Until the higher ranks when people have shit that can reduce the heals people take you are not killing a tank (or much of anything really) while the healer sits back undisturbed.

Playing this game is like playing with the worst mouth-breathers to ever wander into Alterac Valley. Idiots just sit up on the ledge in GoE and shoot the tanks capturing the mid point, meanwhile the other team is capping behind them. Nobody moves. They just sit there on the ledge and lose like fucking idiots.

Played a game earlier where I was the only person to ever cross the midpoint. Capped their side twice but it didn't matter since nobody ever came to back me up. Then I stop to get ours back from two guys (playing a witch elf so gogo hot dps) and survive with a sliver of health.. shaman runs right past me from respawn, eager to get back to the ledge to cast BRAIN BURSTA YO.

People are so fucking bad at this and I can't figure out how anyone can possibly be so stupid.

I blame WoW and the fact the game is < 3 days old.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited September 2008
    Hitting the healers is usually a good general strategy, but playing well requires being able to analyze targets quickly. Sometimes it's better to hit the healers a few times, then suddenly switch and just beat the crap out of a tank once all the healers have retargeted. Or sometimes it's better for a bunch of people to beat up a tank, while one or two guys go around the side to assassinate a healer while all the other healers focus on a tank...

or...

People are still figuring out what works.

Darkewolfe on
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They could be learning the map and their class man. I only played Ekrund 4-5 times and probably sucked at all of them because I hadn't learned the game yet.

Yougottawanna on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Getting killed by a class you have the upper hand on = no big deal, learning, new game, not very good, whatever.

Willfully ignoring the objectives of a map which are thrown in front of you on the load screen and the objective window so you do miscellaneous worthless shit = you're a fucking idiot and should uninstall.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited September 2008
    Tip for Destruction fighting Warrior priests -

Don't melee them. It only EMPOWERS them. Just flee.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I kill WPs all the time with melee because I'm mean.

Don't forget Orcanizer for you true Orc fans.

Accualt on
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    FightTest wrote: »

Of course it's a good strategy -- yelling it over and over and being an ass, however, is NOT a good strategy. Those are the people that think everyone else in the game are only there to help them as opposed to trying to have a fun time themselves. Sorry, not everyone is an uber amazing game player. Also, the point is many times they yell and it's apparent they're not even paying attention to what's actually going on.

I have no issue with people that are helpful and communicate in games "They're heading for the Lighthouse!" for example is great. But "You guys suck! Y R U ATTACKING TANK? UGH! U GUYS NO HOW TO PLAY??" is not.

Timmer on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy shit, Realm War says T6M is at Rank 26. Is that true or is RW screwed up?

Accualt on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aumni wrote: »

Until a Disciple procs the tactic that gives -100% healing on you and then proceeds to serve you to his god in small yummy pieces, Morsels if you will.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited September 2008
    Entaru wrote: »
    Aumni wrote: »

Until a Disciple procs the tactic that gives -100% healing on you and then proceeds to serve you to his god in small yummy pieces, Morsels if you will.

Fortunately Warrior priests have a counter ability to that. The only class in the game that does.
    Flee. We get it at level 1 bitches.

Aumni on
This discussion has been closed.