As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] CE Headstart Now! SE the 16th, launch 18th.

1575859606163»

• NionNion Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, I'm in europe, and I wanna play on the US servers. Anyone know an easy way of doing this? I can't seem to find a way to buy the game digitally. Am I stuck with ordering a physical copy of the game from the US?

Nion on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    Holy shit, Realm War says T6M is at Rank 26. Is that true or is RW screwed up?

Rank 8 las time I logged in 10 seconds ago.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think so Nion, unless you can get it through EA's download service or something.

So. Maguses (Magi? the disc guys). How are they? Do they play differently from a sorceror or is it just dots vs nukes but still mostly doing the same thing?

zilo on
  • YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aumni wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    Tip for Destruction fighting Warrior priests -

Don't melee them. It only EMPOWERS them. Just flee.

Until a Disciple procs the tactic that gives -100% healing on you and then proceeds to serve you to his god in small yummy pieces, Morsels if you will.

Fortunately Warrior priests have a counter ability to that. The only class in the game that does.
    Flee. We get it at level 1 bitches.

I figured Sigmar would frown on his clergy running from Heritics.

But what would I know, us Witch Elves are too busy sending soft order types to their graves.
    When we're no dead atleast.

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • acronomiconacronomicon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yathrin wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    Tip for Destruction fighting Warrior priests -

Don't melee them. It only EMPOWERS them. Just flee.

Until a Disciple procs the tactic that gives -100% healing on you and then proceeds to serve you to his god in small yummy pieces, Morsels if you will.

Fortunately Warrior priests have a counter ability to that. The only class in the game that does.
    Flee. We get it at level 1 bitches.

I figured Sigmar would frown on his clergy running from Heritics.

But what would I know, us Witch Elves are too busy sending soft order types to their graves.
    When we're no dead atleast.

They're not running, they're going to motivate others to get into the fray.

acronomicon on
    32340.jpg
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I kill WPs all the time with melee because I'm mean.
    Hillean wrote: »
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Has anyone played with mods yet?

Clock & AutoLoot are required.

Whiny Timers are kinda nice if you're a caster.

PlantMe is AWESOME if you Cultivate.

Don't forget Orcanizer for you true Orc fans.

Holy shit, the mod came out faster than I had anticipated.

I'm gonna hafta pick that up for when I roll my Blork alt.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ED! wrote: »
    Holy shit, Realm War says T6M is at Rank 26. Is that true or is RW screwed up?

Rank 8 las time I logged in 10 seconds ago.
    yeah i'm really confused by RW as well, I noticed it said 24 earlier today....are there at least 160whatever people in the guild?

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Timmer wrote: »
    I have no issue with people that are helpful and communicate in games "They're heading for the Lighthouse!" for example is great. But "You guys suck! Y R U ATTACKING TANK? UGH! U GUYS NO HOW TO PLAY??" is not.

These two comments come from the same people. I know because (stupid spelling and capslock aside) that's how I work. You start out trying to appeal to some sensible and literate side of people. When it becomes clear people are fucking stupid and have no interest in winning, just fucking up the game for people trying to play it as it was designed, then I let them know they're terrible.

Evolution:

"Stop beating on tanks in the middle and get to a flag."

"ffs you can go past them stop zerging"

"wow you guys are really terrible."

"grats on a loss because you're too stupid to move or switch targets."

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    Wow, haven't even thought about tradeskills. Is there a page up on the WAR homepage about it? I didn't see it in a quick search.

Can you respec your renown points or whatever the spec system is in this? Or do I have to be super freakin' careful about what I do?

You can respec, it costs a few silver. It seems expensive at low level, but is pocket change later.

As to tradeskills, go apothecary unless you have at least five friends who are going to feed you gear for talisman making.

I take it Apothecary is WAR's version of Alchemy? And Talisman Making is ... Enchanting?

Yes. Except gathering skills and creating skills are specific, and you can only have one of each. And you need a separate Disenchant skill to go with Enchanting. But you also need a skinner to go with enchanting. And you yourself can't take both skills.

And Alchemy takes three separate harvesting skills to do well. But remember, you can only have one per character.

I obviously need to look up more about WAR crafting. Is there a good website about said pasttime? I anticipate not doing much of it -- I'd rather be bringing the green boot of Gork and Mork on some 'umie 'eads -- but it'd be nice to know about.

KiTA on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    I have no issue with people that are helpful and communicate in games "They're heading for the Lighthouse!" for example is great. But "You guys suck! Y R U ATTACKING TANK? UGH! U GUYS NO HOW TO PLAY??" is not.

These two comments come from the same people. I know because (stupid spelling and capslock aside) that's how I work. You start out trying to appeal to some sensible and literate side of people. When it becomes clear people are fucking stupid and have no interest in winning, just fucking up the game for people trying to play it as it was designed, then I let them know they're terrible.

Evolution:

This is pretty much what I do. I know that makes me one of those horrible fucking armchair generals, but really, what makes people think beating on a tank with two healers is a good idea?

Ledneh on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wow, haven't even thought about tradeskills. Is there a page up on the WAR homepage about it? I didn't see it in a quick search.

Can you respec your renown points or whatever the spec system is in this? Or do I have to be super freakin' careful about what I do?

You can respec, it costs a few silver. It seems expensive at low level, but is pocket change later.

As to tradeskills, go apothecary unless you have at least five friends who are going to feed you gear for talisman making.

I take it Apothecary is WAR's version of Alchemy? And Talisman Making is ... Enchanting?

Yes. Except gathering skills and creating skills are specific, and you can only have one of each. And you need a separate Disenchant skill to go with Enchanting. But you also need a skinner to go with enchanting. And you yourself can't take both skills.

And Alchemy takes three separate harvesting skills to do well. But remember, you can only have one per character.

I obviously need to look up more about WAR crafting. Is there a good website about said pasttime? I anticipate not doing much of it -- I'd rather be bringing the green boot of Gork and Mork on some 'umie 'eads -- but it'd be nice to know about.

If that wasn't intended, lol.

Wombat02 on
  • alchemicalalchemical Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    So. Maguses (Magi? the disc guys). How are they? Do they play differently from a sorceror or is it just dots vs nukes but still mostly doing the same thing?

I'm also interested in the magus. It seems like a lot of people have the idea that they're underpowered or somehow broken right now. Is this true either in perception or fact? What's messed up about them and has Mythic said anything about fixing them?

I'll be logging in for the second time tonight (played very briefly in OB) and still can't make up my mind about what to play. I'm utterly torn between Black Orc, Shaman and Magus. Looking forward to joining TSM about playing with you guys though!

alchemical on
  • tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Evolution:

It's really funny when you see a witch hunter actually try to take a tank. ugh.

honestly, though, so far what me and a friend tend to do is take our sorceresses and magus's-most of the time they cant be healed fast enough depending on who's stabbing them, and they seem to do the most damage.

So my group usually goes after sorceresses/magus's-healers-mdps/tanks.

tehkensai on
    jAhPU.jpg
  • dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    whooo i'm really excited to keep playing my SH

I got to play this morning but damn I'm glad I didn't call in sick/not go to school, never worth it

all your squig herder gear are belong to me

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
    edited September 2008
    Oh, 100 pages, huh? Here's my terrible submission for title of the next thread

[WAR] Chat: <insert fallout quote here>

Ledneh on
  • LockjawLockjaw Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Could ya all clarify something for me? when broken items drop, they show up as a dialog that displays what the fixed item would be. Do these items repair differently for each class?

I ask because I got scolded, then kicked, by a guildie from a group after rolling "need" on a broken item that said it would repair into a DoK item. D:

I would never roll need on an item I can't use!! You guys have taught me better than that.

Is this normal behavior? Thanks.

Lockjaw on
    steam_sig.png
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lockjaw wrote: »
    Could ya all clarify something for me? when broken items drop, they show up as a dialog that displays what the fixed item would be. Do these items repair differently for each class?

Yes, they'll only show you what it can be repaired into for your class. They could definitely use better descriptions since I foresee many of these arguments "Hey! That was a Chosen item not a Disciple!"

Timmer on
    edited September 2008

Evolution:

We'll just have to disagree I guess ... people not playing their best or using good strategies is not a reason to be a jerk -- one or two people play wrong, armchair general yells constantly and ruins the fun for everyone else just trying to have a good time, unwinding from their day.

The first two lines above are those I don't mind -- people learn, people aren't all automagically gifted on strategy. But, I know, it's cool these days to yell and flame and put others down so oh well.

Timmer on
    edited September 2008

Yes, they'll only show you what it can be repaired into for your class. They could definitely use better descriptions since I foresee many of these arguments "Hey! That was a Chosen item not a Disciple!"

Guilty :(

Ledneh on
    edited September 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »

Guilty :(

Heh, yeah it's the UI's fault for not saying "This item can be repaired into something for all classes including yours as XYZ" or something like that. Hopefully, this issue though will go away in a month as people figure it out.

Timmer on
  • LockjawLockjaw Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Heh, yeah it's the UI's fault for not saying "This item can be repaired into something for all classes including yours as XYZ" or something like that. Hopefully, this issue though will go away in a month as people figure it out.
    Kudos to the Mouths for enforcing!! Just next time don't kick me out so fast, eh?

Lockjaw on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So you guys said you can get last names... but HOW do you get last names?

DarkPrimus on
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, to install mods, I just unzip them to the user -> interface -> AllCharacters folder?

Joeslop on
  • Wilford BrimleyWilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So you guys said you can get last names... but HOW do you get last names?

I think you can get one at 20 and have to talk to a NPC in your capitol to get it. Something registrar I think?

Hillean - Thanks for pointing those out, PlantMe is just the thing I've been looking for and WhinySpellTimers doesn't look too shabby.

Also a little tip for engineers/zerg herders. This is what I would to move around allied zergs in scenarios usually to get them back to a point when one or two guys are ninjaing it right behind them :[ Anyway use blunderbuss blast (the instant lowish damage conical shot) in the direction of the point and run towards it spamming it while you go. Usually this gets the zerg's attention because they think I am attacking someone and most if not all of them follow me to get what they assume is a free kill. This usually gets them a kill but with the side effect of actually helping you defend/ninja points. I've used it lots in OB (it being instacast is kinda recent, so couldn't do it in CB) and it really works like a charm. Heh, one time I managed to pull a bunch of respawners from the order start point all the way to the barracks and forced a ninja. I'd imagine any other class with a spammable offensive looking attack could pull it off too, but only the engineer's blunderbuss blast comes to mind.

Wilford Brimley on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Okay, so I rolled up my shaman on Ulthuan.

I hope Socrates will be joining The Six Mouth's ranks soon.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited September 2008
    Joeslop wrote: »
    So, to install mods, I just unzip them to the user -> interface -> AllCharacters folder?

No, you want it in the root WAR\Interface\Addons NOT War\user\Interaface\...

Timmer on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    New thread up.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited September 2008
    We'll just have to disagree I guess ... people not playing their best or using good strategies is not a reason to be a jerk -- one or two people play wrong, armchair general yells constantly and ruins the fun for everyone else just trying to have a good time, unwinding from their day.

The problem is folks like you only look at how someone is messing up your time by talking shit. You don't consider the people fucking around not trying are fucking up MY time by not playing for real in a competitive setting.

If you just want to fuck around and death match people then just go do some world PvP where nobody pays for your shit. Don't join a match between two teams that have objectives. It's like showing up at a pickup basketball game and then deciding you're just going to try to practice your half-court lob. It's rude and inconsiderate to the people who are actually trying to play for real.

So you get what you give.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

The problem is folks like you only look at how someone is messing up your time by talking shit. You don't consider the people fucking around not trying are fucking up MY time by not playing for real in a competitive setting.

If you just want to fuck around and death match people then just go do some world PvP where nobody pays for your shit. Don't join a match between two teams that have objectives. It's like showing up at a pickup basketball game and then deciding you're just going to try to practice your half-court lob. It's rude and inconsiderate to the people who are actually trying to play for real.

So you get what you give.

Yeah but you're a bothersome asshole so nobody really cares if they're wasting your time.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited September 2008
    Yeah but you're a bothersome asshole so nobody really cares if they're wasting your time.

And like I said, you get what you give. Don't care if you're wasting my time, I don't care if I ruin yours telling you that you're fucking worthless.

(ps - NUTRIDA)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Oh hey neat, TSM is the 6th largest guild in WAR atm, and we're 5th in terms of guild rank.

Go us.

The rank is buggy on Realm War. I guess it's since they changed the guild leveling curve.

We gained over 50 members (and rising) this morning. Went from just barely into guild rank 8 to about 8.25 from the noob rush. It was fun.

Amazon shipped my CE today. It should be here tomorrow with just standard shipping, woo.

Oh I know Realm War is buggy. I took my numbers from wardb which seems a much more up to date and reliable info source and that's what it told me.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

But.... I don't have a folder like that.

Joeslop on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Broken gear is awesome, it's a nice way to have class-nonspecific drops that everybody can roll Need on. I don't understand why there are still drops for specific classes, and why other classes are allowed to roll Need on them...

Zek on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Arrrrgh, this game keeps CRASHING on me.

I go over to the town under siege at the Chaos starting point and it crashes on me in mid-battle. Then I log back in and it crashes on me again in like a minute's time. What the fuck.

DarkPrimus on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

But.... I don't have a folder like that.

Yeah, that's okay, no one does by default. You have to create it yourself.

Dizzen on
    edited September 2008
    Cripes there is a new thread already! :x

Ledneh on
This discussion has been closed.