As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Servers up, social lives down.

• Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is it just me, or is the leveling pace in this game a bit slow?

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    I chose poorly by coming to work today.

The stunties don't kill themselves.

I empathize, Morsk. I had to work today after playing my first ever few hours of WAR. I feel like a Slaaneshi cultist dragged away to a convent.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

It's just you.

Edit: There are only 40 levels, and also an alternative level quantifier, the realm level.

And guild leveling.

And city leveling.

Something is always leveling.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I chose poorly by coming to work THIS WEEK.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cleonicus wrote: »
    I chose poorly by coming to work THIS WEEK.

I cannot argue this. Fuck. I just *know* there's some Warrior Priest in the fortress right now who would be happy to hold my axe in his face. Dammit.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    So... the Collector's Edition books are apparently fucking amazing.

It is. Arrived for me today and the thing is... well it's massive. The whole box is epic in every way possible, with most of it taken up by an artbook that is simply stunning in both size and quality.

I have not had a chance to look through it as much as I would like, but just... wow.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    So... the Collector's Edition books are apparently fucking amazing.

It is. Arrived for me today and the thing is... well it's massive. The whole box is epic in every way possible, with most of it taken up by an artbook that is simply stunning in both size and quality.

I have not had a chance to look through it as much as I would like, but just... wow.

I just got mine as well! It's like my birthday, only I give a shit.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So what do the class counters look like? Seems to me that:

Tanks>Melee Healers/DPS(?)
    Healers>Tanks
    DPS>Healers

I'm speaking of generalities of course. I know many factors come into play.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Where did you guys order yours from?

Have any physical locations gotten them in yet?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Where did you guys order yours from?

GameStop.com

EDIT: They usually suck for everything else, and they screwed up my friend's order, but I got my stuff!

Fig-D on
  • Options
    cuellarcuellar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ARGGHHHHHHHHHHH I can't decide what side to play.

Can anyone give their opinion?!?!? I tried playing a Chaos char, Ork, and a dwarf... and can't say I hated any of them. I thought the Dwarf area was the best of the 3 (I tried rune priest), and Ork was my first char so was semi-cool doing it all the first time (was a tank). Then my chaos char was a mage, so it was a LOT easier.

Also, can't decide between the classes. I'm usually a person that likes to group, but I am almost always in a leadership role, and am fearless when it comes to fights (don't mind charging in and dying). Any suggestions on classes? I'd say offense oriented warrior was one of my favorite WoW classes (followed by rogue, priest, druid, mage, lock). So maybe I just answered my own question... try the offense oriented warrior type...

cuellar on
    "Fuck newbies. They deserve it for not being high enough level to fight back." - TDL
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    cuellar wrote: »

Can anyone give their opinion?!?!? I tried playing a Chaos char, Ork, and a dwarf... and can't say I hated any of them. I thought the Dwarf area was the best of the 3 (I tried rune priest), and Ork was my first char so was semi-cool doing it all the first time (was a tank). Then my chaos char was a mage, so it was a LOT easier.

Also, can't decide between the classes. I'm usually a person that likes to group, but I am almost always in a leadership role, and am fearless when it comes to fights (don't mind charging in and dying). Any suggestions on classes? I'd say offense oriented warrior was one of my favorite WoW classes (followed by rogue, priest, druid, mage, lock). So maybe I just answered my own question... try the offense oriented warrior type...

Try a Marauder.

Also, my Grumlok and Gazbag figure came in pretty bad shape. Part of the figure is shattered. It's going to take some very careful gluing to make him look right again...

Fig-D on
  • Options
    HompHomp Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think people who can't decide what to play should make the choice in true warhammer fashion.

Assign each class a number 1-6 or however many, and roll a die.

Homp on
    chosen7171-1.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So THAT'S why there are 20 classes...

Fig-D on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I'm just looking at the maps on that site while I patch, and this confuses me greatly.

Is it GM island?

thunder mountain, GvD tier 4

You cannot access the following Web address:
    http://warhammer.gamepressure.com/spot.asp?ID=1070

The site you requested is blocked under the following categories: Game/Cartoon Violence

Lame.

KiTA on
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Homp wrote: »
    I think people who can't decide what to play should make the choice in true warhammer fashion.

Assign each class a number 1-6 or however many, and roll a die.

Bah, d6 is so last edition. d10 ftw! :)

Timmer on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I know that TSM doesn't need tanks anymore, but Im still gonna roll a blork. Also for the Candymancers, im definatly gonna roll a bright wizard, I just had way to much fun killing stuff during OB.50% of the time it was me cause AOE is a bitch :D

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Also, my Grumlok and Gazbag figure came in pretty bad shape. Part of the figure is shattered. It's going to take some very careful gluing to make him look right again...

It's not in a blister or something?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Anyone?

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Alright, I'm home and now I have to endure the agonizing decision of what class to main

I'm leaning toward Black Orc, god help me if leveling via PvE is too slow

Ledneh on
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Amazon isn't set to ship my CE until October 2.

Motherfuckers

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey all!

WarCT version 1.0b.16 is out! It has lots of fixes, and it also includes "Group Mode!" Group Mode is where you can share parse data with anyone else you want to, in realtime. You can see all the damage and healing they do to any target they attack or heal, and you can do it for a as many players as you'd like - there is no party size restriction at the moment.

Check it out! (google for WarCT)

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

It's just you.

Edit: There are only 40 levels, and also an alternative level quantifier, the realm level.

And guild leveling.

And city leveling.

I enjoy all those other meta levels, but I just feel like I'm doing a lot for not a lot of experience gain. Don't get me wrong I'm still loving the game, but I'm just impatient for new cool spells, ya know?

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

It's just you.

And guild leveling.

And city leveling.

I enjoy all those other meta levels, but I just feel like I'm doing a lot for not a lot of experience gain. Don't get me wrong I'm still loving the game, but I'm just impatient for new cool spells, ya know?

I really don't mean offense just shocked -- this is one of the fastest leveling games out there. Many people will be over 20 in the few days of head start. Remember there's only 40 levels so that's half way to cap in a matter of a couple days. I haven't played a single character longer than a couple nights in beta because that got me to level 10 and I didn't want to see most of the game before retail.

Now, I will say the first couple levels are a bit slower than some games only because some games make it so you hit level 2 on your first quest then level 3 at your next.

Timmer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Change of subject , or back to an older one:

Has anyone tried the Curse client for keeping mods auto-updated?

I used to use the WoW ACE one since updating my mods every patch day was a PITA. I hear that migrated over to the Curse client -- wondered if it works just as well?

Timmer on
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Iblis wrote:
    I have a Bright Wizard on Lustria. Named Tim.

Somebody on Ulthuan already has Tim. :(

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am in a one hour queue to log into Volkmar. I told my friends it might be best to reroll somewhere else, but nooooo... :(

gilrain on
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    cuellar wrote:

Here comes another recruiting war!
    cuellar wrote:

I was almost the same in WoW, mostly played rogue and lock because they had a lot of control and the ability to make up for group mistakes. I wound up playing healer in WAR, just because they're the backbone of any group. And Destro PUGs usually don't heal very well. So maybe it really comes down to whether you have a good group/guild. Which brings me back to point 1.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The game won't let me enter my CE code... it's telling me that I can't enter it yet or something. So confused. :(

I want my CE goodies, dammit :O

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Caedere wrote: »
    The game won't let me enter my CE code... it's telling me that I can't enter it yet or something. So confused. :(

Attention CE Box Holders!

(Don't try activating CE codes until release day)

Timmer on
  • Options
    grimlock9909grimlock9909 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    cuellar wrote: »

Why don't you try both sides and see which one you like better? With classes the same sort of idea. Roll a bit of everything and then decided which one you want to go with. I was that way with warcraft i rolled ten alts and then ended up leveling druid to 70.

grimlock9909 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    Hay, anyone got a pic of the CE mini?

edit: never mind, found him. Must have as general for my army!

Echo on
  • Options
    grimlock9909grimlock9909 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    archmage is awsome and witch hunters just look cool.

grimlock9909 on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Made it to rank six. I'm fucking exhausted.

Strangely, the leveling does seem a tad slower than in the PW, where it seemed like I was always having to go one or two zones back to turn in quests.

Played gates of ekrund twice and won both - what a relief after the public weekend, where destro got raped every time when I was playing.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    Word5mithWord5mith Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Made it to rank six. I'm fucking exhausted.

Strangely, the leveling does seem a tad slower than in the PW, where it seemed like I was always having to go one or two zones back to turn in quests.

Played gates of ekrund twice and won both - what a relief after the public weekend, where destro got raped every time when I was playing.

Yeah. Won the first one and lost every subsequent one. Order just seemed to want it more.

Word5mith on
    Echo wrote:
    Dear cultivation skill: over five minutes to grow a seed? Fuck you.
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've rolled as a Shadow Warrior on Darklands. When i got on it was too early to see pop figures (servers had just come up so all were listed low/low) so i'm hoping i've chosen wisely. Should be ok though i think.

Personally, i've been pretty impressed with Order on my server so far. Played a few Khaine's Embrace scenarios, and unlike beta it seemed people were playing the objectives fairly well, playing their classes fairly well, and healing was generally being passed around pretty liberally. Order won all the matches i played, but none of them were steamrolls, and Destruction put up a good resistance. Only criticism i'd have is i didnt see any other SW's using acid arrow when shooting tanks. Seriously, dudes, it makes a massive difference.

I havent noticed this. I'm about on par for where i expected i'd be, as far as quests completed compared to how far through the map i am. My strategy so far has been to grind quests while throwing in scenarios to keep my RR up. I've totally skipped PQ's. Dont plan on touching them till Tier 2. Tier 1 gear is replaced too quickly by RR gear, and i've found the XP in public quests pretty lacking with so many people around. Although while passing through, i have DPS'd the final stage just in case i get a good roll :P (which hasnt happened at all heh).

Pretty unimpressed that i have to work. Need to win the lottery so i can retire.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Order

Heldenhammer. It's Core. It dosen't matter since it's people turn into chickens anyway.

Get it DONE.

It's nice and medium pop now so it should be high pop, hopefully not full when it hits.

Transporter on
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy shit - pick up the strategy guide now.

It's full of really awesome stuff - the intro talks about the philosophy behind the guide. Instead of trying to compete with sites like WarDB, the guide mainly focuses on really neat flavor and overall advice, with lots of really good strateginess.

And it's written in-character.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    subrollsubroll Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I dont know whats up, talked to a couple ppl tonight about TSM. Maybe AFK. But whatevs, if you see guzzlek(i think thats it :P ) throw him an invite.

subroll on
    Smash Friend Code: 4596-9134-3067
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So my RL friends are kind of flaking out on me. There are around 20 of them, but only 4 I know really well. One dude just had a kid, so prolly won't be playing much. One guy is having PC problems and might cancel his pre-order.

Also, they picked volkmar destro which has queues, sturm and old timers on order. I think I might just remake and play with the mouths. I don't know any of the other dudes that would be in the guild and my friends are flaking out on me.

45+ min queues are the fail. I know they will even out, and I can get in scenarios really quick, but hell if I want to wait to get in.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.