As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Warriors: L2Tank Here

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I need to pay attention the next time I use slam with my Dwarf, I don't remember if he still does the pose before unleashing his spin of "thunk"

Seg on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    shergak wrote: »
    So atm, dw-one handed fury is doing the most dps?

Well, out of my 2 minute tests, it was. But that doesn't really mean anything. They were as controlled as I could get them, yes, but I'm sure there were other factors I wasn't considering. I did check them to make sure that there were no outside buffs that would affect my DPS.

Bonus: No one likes that dummy, because all they want to see is ZOMGHUEGNUMBERS, which the other three dummies provide in spades. :)

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Well, out of my 2 minute tests, it was. But that doesn't really mean anything. They were as controlled as I could get them, yes, but I'm sure there were other factors I wasn't considering. I did check them to make sure that there were no outside buffs that would affect my DPS.

Bonus: No one likes that dummy, because all they want to see is ZOMGHUEGNUMBERS, which the other three dummies provide in spades. :)

I have the proper one targeted in my screenshot, correct? After another few tests I got to 1184 as TG and 1278 as Arms after trying hard.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

I have the proper one targeted in my screenshot, correct? After another few tests I got to 1184 as TG and 1278 as Arms after trying hard.

Yep, yep. That's the same one I'm using. Maybe it's the lag or something. Other than the Slam spec, which I just tried out for funsies, I feel like my numbers should be ... well... a lot higher than yours. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. I'm sure you do as well, but obviously there is a pretty massive gear difference, here. /boggle

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yep, yep. That's the same one I'm using. Maybe it's the lag or something. Other than the Slam spec, which I just tried out for funsies, I feel like my numbers should be ... well... a lot higher than yours. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. I'm sure you do as well, but obviously there is a pretty massive gear difference, here. /boggle

I guess it might be the difference between the Beta and the PTR servers. There's also Sword Spec vs Axe Spec if you're using an Axe.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

I guess it might be the difference between the Beta and the PTR servers. There's also Sword Spec vs Axe Spec if you're using an Axe.

Yeah, could be. Who knows. Just ran another test, really eeking out every last drop, and pulled 1478 with 12/49/0 Fury 1h DW. 1800 on the broken dummies. I gotta admit... the broken dummies are fun. :D

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like that warrior tanking is actually pretty heavily crit-based now. :P

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Prot is by far the most fun I've had on PTR thus far. I tried to solo a Dragon Threepack™ in Bough Shadow. It did not end well.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have no idea what just happened.

I ran into strat (the ptr instances are finally up) grabbed about 6+ mobs at at time and just violated everything while ending up at basically 100% health the entire time.

I get to baron, and I somehow lost?

I have no idea what just happened, I didn't even lose with my old fury build on live.

Hold me.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Missmissmissmissmiss

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Isn't it a blasty?

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I think I just had a huge string of unlucky swings or something... I'm not happy about this latest development.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Baron seems like he'd be easy since you can use both shield wall and retal. You were probably just overconfident.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    One thing I know I fucked up on was rushing Whirlwinds instead of saving them for skellies, that ended up hurting me a bit more and healing him a bit more. Still though, from my Bloodthirst and Blood Craze procs alone I should have been more than fine dealing with him.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    One thing I know I fucked up on was rushing Whirlwinds instead of saving them for skellies, that ended up hurting me a bit more and healing him a bit more. Still though, from my Bloodthirst and Blood Craze procs alone I should have been more than fine dealing with him.

His mortal strike hits hard and has a healing debuff, the skeleton healing can usually outdo my DPS if I leave them unchecked.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Duuuuuuuuudes.

Someone just posted an awesome idea on the Warrior beta forums...
    Skill 1 - Causes your 2h weapon (axe/maces/swords/polearms) to ignore % armor.
    Does not stack with Skill 2 and Skill 3.

Skill 2 - Gives your 2h weapon (axe/maces/swords/polearms) % chance to add an extra attack.
    Does not stack with Skill 1 and Skill 3.

Skill 3 - Gives your 2h weapon (axe/maces/swords/polearms) % critical and % extra dmg on critical. Does not stack with Skill 1 and Skill 2.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It'll never happen.

Cool concept though.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, but there's no good reason for it not to happen. Shit, should be easy to implement, too.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    as would getting rid of weapon skill. badum bum cha!

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I wonder how this build would do at 80.

EDIT: Skipped over Rampage because we'll always have a feral druid.

EDIT: Or this .Dropped some points in Intensify Rage in favor of Trauma to compliment Imp. Rend and Deep Wounds.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Losing one point out of imp heroic strike is so worth having rampage, just in case, and for soloing etc.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Losing one point out of imp heroic strike is so worth having rampage, just in case, and for soloing etc.

Well, I'm looking for Maximum DPS in a raid setting. When it comes to soloing, that 5% crit isn't going to make or break me. Our GM is a Feral Druid, and has pretty much 95%+ attendance over 2 years. I could instead take that point out of Imp. HS and put it in Intensify Rage, or something else.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Imp Rend sucks since you'll always be in berserker stance, Trauma is also covered by a Feral Druid, your first link is to a WWS report...

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well, I'm looking for Maximum DPS in a raid setting. When it comes to soloing, that 5% crit isn't going to make or break me. Our GM is a Feral Druid, and has pretty much 95%+ attendance over 2 years. I could instead take that point out of Imp. HS and put it in Intensify Rage, or something else.

I would imagine the raid would prefer the guarantee of 5% crit over the tiny dps increase from that one point in imp. HS. That, or respeccing when the feral doesn't show.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Haha, goddamnit. Well, reverse what I said on the second part. :)

Also, did you see that WWS report? It was obviously broken, and showing 20M damage to kill Brut instead of 10M, but at first glance, it blew my mind.

EDIT: I'd probably take rampage, in retrospect, because it will be handy in 5-mans, as well as a backup, if, for some crazy reason, he doesn't show.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Not to mention, 5,000 dps for a hunter?

Septus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Not to mention, 5,000 dps for a hunter?

Right, that's why it blew my mind. 3500 DPS sure, but 5700? o_O

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hunters are extremely group-stack friendly, definitely a top 3 DPS class. It shouldn't surprise anyone to see them do an exorbitant amount of DPS. Sure, not 5800 DPS, but still high.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Hunters are extremely group-stack friendly, definitely a top 3 DPS class. It shouldn't surprise anyone to see them do an exorbitant amount of DPS. Sure, not 5800 DPS, but still high.

From every WWS report I have ever seen ever ever, Hunters and Rogues are extremely competitive for top single target DPS. My personal experiences as a Hunter in a raiding guild would back that up.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

From every WWS report I have ever seen ever ever, Hunters and Rogues are extremely competitive for top single target DPS. My personal experiences as a Hunter in a raiding guild would back that up.

At the risk of making a wild presumption and discounting that one guy who does "amazing DPS" that isn't one of the classes I mention...

I'd say it's a toss-up between hunter, rogue and Destro warlock for top spot on a DPS-intensive fight.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

At the risk of making a wild presumption and discounting that one guy who does "amazing DPS" that isn't one of the classes I mention...

I'd say it's a toss-up between hunter, rogue and Destro warlock for top spot on a DPS-intensive fight.

Well, I've just been browing WWS reports all day. I haven't seen a warlock above the top Hunter/Rogue in any of them. I haven't seen a Warlock over 3k. I'm sure it's been done, and many times, but I didn't see it in my browsing today. Using Brutallus as a benchmark.

EDIT: As an aside, I read somewhere that warlocks seem to top out around 2700 DPS. All of the reports I've seen would show that that is indeed the case. Actually, I saw one warlock at 2900. Just one, in 15+ reports. Closer to 10 Hunters/Rogues over 3200.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I thought rogues currently had a totally solid lock on top dps in Sunwell, and I didn't think they could go over about 4,000, maybe 4500.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I thought rogues currently had a totally solid lock on top dps in Sunwell, and I didn't think they could go over about 4,000, maybe 4500.

I don't know what fight that would be on. I'm not in a SWP Raiding guild, so maybe there is a low armor, low mobility fight in there that allows numbers like that? I've not seen anything even approaching that number on Brutallus.

EDIT: Numbers like that are probably possible on Shade of Akama, with AoE damage and low armor, etc.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was trying to be on the high side, for rogues with two warglaives and bloodlust rotations etc. I thought it was maybe as high as 3800-4000.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was trying to be on the high side, for rogues with two warglaives and bloodlust rotations etc. I thought it was maybe as high as 3800-4000.

Well, there are rogues over 4500 on Shade of Akama, and Warriors as well.

But in Sunwell, I haven't seen anything over 3512 for any class, period. And that was a hunter.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That's probably what was confusing me.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    -- After a long absence, Tactical Mastery returns to tier 2 Arms. Improved Thunder Clap sent packing to tier 1 Protection.
    -- Justified Killing removed.
    -- Blood Frenzy gets a 3/6% speed buff.
    -- Trauma can now be procc'ed by specials in addition to normal swings.
    -- Improved Mortal Strike reduced to 3 ranks. Increases damage 3/6/9% and reduces cooldown by 0.3 / 0.6 / 1.
    -- Bloodthirst requires a weapon. Just a cosmetic change to make it clear that it's affected by TG's hit penalty.
    -- Armored to the Teeth -- tier 1 Fury so everyone can get it. Converts 400 armor into 1/2/3 Strength. Sir, I need you to drop the rogue leather and step away.
    -- We had to cut Heroic Leap. Increasingly we were just spending too much of our development time trying to resolve all of the bugs and edge cases of the talent, many relating to getting to bad places in the game (often on accident). Replaced with Heroic Fury removes all immobilization effects and refreshes the cooldown on Intercept. 45 sec cooldown.
    -- Unending Fury lowers the cost of Slam, Whirlwind and Bloodthrist by 1 per rank.

Probably others I am forgetting. :)
    There goes 10 rage Cleaves /cry and now Unending Fury is entirely skippable with no Bloodthirst refresh buff in any form, Bloodthirst with a weapon afterall, Justified Killing removed is also a /cry. Basically nothing nice except a haste buff on Blood Frenzy for Arms and Imp MS sucking a bit less.

New calc at http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior finding changes that weren't blued in a sec.

Toughness reduced to 5% move slow effects reduced per point, Imp Spell Reflect no longer lowers SR cooldown but -2% to be hit by spells per point, Booming Voice reduced to 2 points for 25/50%, 2h Weapon Spec reduced to 3 pts for 2% per point, Iron Will nerfed to 7/14/20%, Bthirst heal reduced to .6% of health, nothing else that I can see.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    victory!
    1-22.jpg
    i am now prepared for titan's grip

bring me 3.0, your daughters

abandon all hope

edit: hrm weird changes

probably this for 3.0

edit 2: omgwtf can't wait for 80

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No Bloodsurge? From the little bit of tinkering I did with my woefully undergeared warrior on the PTR, instant-cast Slams are Kind of a Big Deal.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll admit those changes sound... -eh-. I personally was enjoying heroic leap =/, guess it's fine for a ghoul to have it but not warriors.

# Bloodthirst (Tier 7) healing reduced from 1.5% of your max health to 0.6% of your max health.

D: Saw that on MMO Champion.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
This discussion has been closed.