As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] - Melee DPS: Schrödinger's Slayers and Choppas

• FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jagged Edge just makes me think of crappy R&B music and not stabbing people.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's a tactic common to all MDPS.

Oats on
  • Super_HappySuper_Happy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    It's a tactic common to all MDPS.

What tactic?

Super_Happy on
    edited September 2008
    Jagged Edge. Makes people bleed when you crit them.

Oats on
  • McSnugglesMcSnuggles Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, this sucks. I can't choose whether I want to go mostly judgement or mostly inquisition : /

Advice?

McSnuggles on
    360 Gamertag: Mcsnuggles
    371610-1.png
    edited September 2008
    I liked judgement myself. Robbing players of AP is handy, and I found it pretty easy to get and stay behind people making Torment awesome.

Whatever suits you best, though.

Oats on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Honestly, I have to say that my Chosen is very capable in Melee. I mean going 2h with the right spec makes me a real mean dps mother fucker.

Lucky Cynic on
  • McSnugglesMcSnuggles Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I liked judgement myself. Robbing players of AP is handy, and I found it pretty easy to get and stay behind people making Torment awesome.

Whatever suits you best, though.

They both sound incredibly appealing to me, though I was leaning towards judgement. I loved absolution, and burn away lies+absolution with perhaps a sever nerve just seems so awesome. Other then that, I might go into the inquisition tree with whatever I have left for the confess! improvement and for better burn the heretic for tanks :P

McSnuggles on
    360 Gamertag: Mcsnuggles
    371610-1.png
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Actually reading these I can't decide if I want to main a Witch Elf (which I've never tried) or a Marauder (which I have, to 11)

damn

(edit) Does it pretty much come down to "one has less armor but more damage than the other, oh and she's basically a Rogue with CP and poisons and shit"?

Ledneh on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    not a rogue. straggler killer, blood-incensed half-naked assassin, but not a rogue.

tyrannus on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have to say, my favorite thing in the game so far is running up behind a blork who is blocking the bridge to the fortress in nordenwatch (those who say collision detection doesn't make a difference are retarded) and just swinging my path of monstrosity AoEs and racking up the damage done.

Dissociater on
  • YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rolled a WE yesterday as my main. Only got up to level 9 but I'm loving it so far!

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Performing hit and run strikes on healers is so much fun. I especially love it when they try to run :twisted:

-SPI- on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I find Witch Elves to be rather annoying on my Shadow Warrior. I've taken to just detaunting them and going about my business.

Artereis on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was number 3 on damage (Beaten by the number 2 guy by 50 damage) in a mostly Rank 10 and 11 Nordenwatch on my Rank 4 Marauder.

It was so good.

(I'm basically going around and marking all the WAR threads, don't mind me.)

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited September 2008
    witch elf is the best class ever

tyrannus on
    edited September 2008
    Rolled up a WElf and hit 10 today.

I forgot how much fun taking down three healers can be. Kiss of Death is pure love. Pure goddamn love.

Oats on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So white lions, did you know /petname "name" let's you change your lion's name?

Shabooty on
  • HompHomp Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yes. Yes I did. Also just /pet works as well.

Homp on
    chosen7171-1.gif
  • bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I must be doing something wrong. I really like my marauder, but at lvl 7 I am not even breaking 10k damage in scenarios. I am seeing marauders putting up twice that in a round. What is the secret?

I am preying on squshies behind the lines, bright wizards and shadow warriors go down really quickly. But it doesn't seem to be enough.

Any tips from you more experienced melee DPS guys?

bamjo on
    edited September 2008
    Die less, really.

And stick to a group.

Oats on
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Having a healer nearby makes all the difference in the world. Which is pretty much why you should always try to roll with the Mouths or at least people you know.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    Mouth healers are awesome healers.

I love you guys. You bring out the best in me. Which brings out the most of my enemies' innards.

I hit the 100 RvR kills achievement today. The title it gets you is "The Mauler". I wuv it so.

Oats on
    edited September 2008
    just a tip for all lowbie witch elves - kisses are important. keep them up. they should be your first attack/second attack out of stealth.

tyrannus on
  • ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mouth healers are awesome healers.

They heal you with thier mouth huh :winky:

Played Maurader to 10 last night and its a real blast. Enjoyed sneaking up behind people and causing havoc. Also the tentacle detaunt is awesome. Its says if I attack someone then it cancels the effect, does this mean it cancels the effect on everyone?

Was loveing monstrosity in pve as well, just gathering up 4-5 guys and beating them all up at once was great (reminded me a bit of AoC, which was fun).

Scroffus on
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shabooty wrote: »

Yes, please name your cat Gatsby like every other Drizzt motherfucker out there.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Some PAer must have named their Lion Catsby right?

Oh, quick noob note on the Witch Elf. It took me to level 6 or 7 in beta to realize that there are 5 spiky things that pop up right above your action bar to tell you how much frenzy you've accumulated. They don't really stand out.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hillean wrote: »
    Shabooty wrote: »

Yes, please name your cat Gatsby like every other Drizzt motherfucker out there.

Actually, his name is tulip and he is a pretty kitty.

Shabooty on
    edited September 2008
    Some PAer must have named their Lion Catsby right?

Oh, quick noob note on the Witch Elf. It took me to level 6 or 7 in beta to realize that there are 5 spiky things that pop up right above your action bar to tell you how much frenzy you've accumulated. They don't really stand out.

Use the layout editor to enlarge them, it helps.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Artereis wrote: »
    I find Witch Elves to be rather annoying on my Shadow Warrior. I've taken to just detaunting them and going about my business.

You'd be surprised on the amount of people who don't realize what Detaunt does, and assume its a threat reduction talent just looking at the name.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Visskar wrote: »
    ki mross nfcv c cb fh fvc gvjf v kjfcvhfvhfhfvhjffjfffjhnfxc x hcj chjdxchjcdhzx hjc c u c ujjcvjvchujcvhcvujhvjccvhchvhvchxccvvcuvvchvcuhcv hcvyhcvvchyvchyv vcyhcvyh vcy cvycvyh cv y cv yhv y vcyhcv vyhvcyhyhvcycvy vy vcy cvycvyy vcvyycvycvyvcy vycyccuy ccyhhcxcchchcxh chchccchhchhccj xch hcchhcchcchcn hccb cncjbnxnzhxhjcxjmnjmn jnjv c kmv jvmcv vcbvbvbvnbnbbnnbbn c vb bvbxhb z b bx vbxvxvccxzzxbzx vbzvbzvxzfgxzvxzzxvxvgzxfxfxzvxzfgkmjl,jn ,.hnlk,hklhl, hk jhmhjn,hnb, nb hbmhbm,bkl,bvklgbvmlkbklbgmkgbnkmvbbvkkbvbvkvbjbj vkbjvbvbjbkbvjbjkbvkjbkjbjbvlkbvkvlvlvvvboklvbv,bkbbbkbkbklbkkkbkbkkbkknbkbkllllbkbkjn jnjkvblkbvkbjknlklbkjnjjknjnbjnjbjbjkvbkbbkbkbkbbb lkbvkl bgvkilgn gjvbkg gb km, hglbk gogkb kglob gohg koghbklgblbgvlblgvkbkbkkkbkbkbkbkbkbbbbbg khbn ikg bk fgvbl gvb nfffg bpf gdfmjn;jhn;lhnbl,hnhn ;hn nhklnh bm,bnv vm cvm,vcm,cvmcvmvcm ncvnvcnvcnmcvnvcncvncvcvnjcvcvjncvnvcnvcnnvjcvjncvnjvnjvnjvjcvhhv bbn bv jb vn m bvm bnv mnvmmvvbmbmnvmvnmnbm nv mv jmvbjbjnjnjnjvnvbnvvjvjmfvjmbnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

English mothafu**a, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I thought Black Orcs were considered a dps class?

Rizzi on
  • VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Sorry, my 5 year old likes to get on the computer while I'm not paying attention, and knows enough to sow havoc.

Visskar on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Visskar wrote: »

Sorry, my 5 year old likes to get on the computer while I'm not paying attention, and knows enough to sow havoc.

Future 4chan member in the making :D

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I thought Black Orcs were considered a dps class?

Blorks can be either 2h dps or tanks, their different Mastery trees allow this pretty well.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh god i am such a horrible marauder...it's terrible.....

i had a healer who stuck on me last night in scenarios but i couldn't do a damn thing because i constantly had 3 tanks on me with nobody else on our team anywhere in sight....the healer was able to keep me healed up but i couldn't put a dent in any of the tanks whatsoever without help

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They really need to patch up the mobs so they stop acting like they are in a different place than they appear.

Watching my lion just kinda do it himself and not being able to use blindside is really annoying.

MrMonroe on
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah thats fairly annoying.

So what are other Witch Hunters planning to spec? I'm completely torn.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • TuesdayTuesday Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm thinking about going Inquisition, though I'm kinda confused by its seemingly schizophrenic focus regarding the Blessed Bullets of Confession. It currently says, on WARdb, that healing abilities "used" over the next 5 seconds are reduced, making that an anti-healer tool whereas all the non-Tactic Mastery Abilities are anti-Tank, little failing to mention Confess! and Excommunicate, which would be great coming up on the back of a tank wall. Is there a thread connecting all these I'm missing?

Tuesday on
    edited September 2008
    Tuesday wrote: »
    I'm thinking about going Inquisition, though I'm kinda confused by its seemingly schizophrenic focus regarding the Blessed Bullets of Confession. It currently says, on WARdb, that healing abilities "used" over the next 5 seconds are reduced, making that an anti-healer tool whereas all the non-Tactic Mastery Abilities are anti-Tank, little failing to mention Confess! and Excommunicate, which would be great coming up on the back of a tank wall. Is there a thread connecting all these I'm missing?

The light melee DPS trees seem to follow what kind of damage they do. The first tree is pure instant damage, the second tree is the DoT tree, with the disarm in it for longevity and the third is utility. The third tree has the armour bypass attack, the silencing attack and the AP drains.

Oats on