As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

World of Warcraft CCG

15678911»

• ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just pre-ordered the CE from futureshop (don't bother, they're sold out online) and it came with a Starter Deck free. I haven't played a CCG since the Star Trek TNG game back in high school (yeah, that's going on eight years now). Any particularly good resources for getting up to speed?

I picked up the Onyxia raid deck and a booster pack (I could only order one :-S) Was that a good thing?

I'm a little nervous about posting in here. Anyone in Vancouver play the WoW TCG?

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just thought I'd post the pictures of the cards that come with the Collector's Edition of the Burning Crusade, since they look pretty cool. I have a friend who ordered the CE but doesn't play the card game, so I'm hoping to get the cards from him when he gets them. It's too bad the heroes included don't have any talent spec cards for them yet.

promo_portal.jpg

promo_nimaasus.jpg

promo_varanis.jpg

Jebu on
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yay. The non-hero sucks, so I don't have to buy like 3 CE's for a playset.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So the tournament we had today wasn't officially sanctioned, but we had fun anyway. Paid $5 and got a booster pack and a
    463f_1.JPG.

Amazingly enough, I won. Fought Angelshade113 and his Ta'zo on the first round, Graccus on the second, then I got a bye since we only had 9 people. Ended up facing another Graccus for the finals. We traded wins, then I tore him apart in the 3rd game by turn 7; needless to say, I was surprised since I didn't think my deck was all that competitive. My overall record for the night ended up being 6 - 2, which tied the guy I played in the finals.

Then we all did a bunch of trading. Innervates ahoy!

Joeslop on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Question: Besides the turtle mount, what other in-game card code things are there? Is there a list somewhere?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Baby Hippogriff pet and Goblin Tabard.

I have the tabard if you want to buy it. Please. :(

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Picked up a started deck today along with 2 extra boosters. Got the Paladin starter, seems pretty cool. Gotta find someone else to buy it now :-p

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
  • bigpandabigpanda Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well if anyone is in Seattle and plays, let me know where. I moved here about 2 months ago and feel the need to get back into gaming (used to play/paint Warhammer and Confrontation as well).

bigpanda on
  • snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I bought 3 booster packs. I don't even know how to play yet, and the first pack I opened had the turtle mount in it. It's up on ebay at the moment. :D

snap on
  • DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hmmm, it appears that Upper Deck Deck Protectors cover up the damage number on ally cards, which seems like a design flaw considering upper deck produced the game.

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    snap wrote:
    I bought 3 booster packs. I don't even know how to play yet, and the first pack I opened had the turtle mount in it. It's up on ebay at the moment. :D

You rassin' frassin' so and so!

Dare I ask how much the bid is so far?

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • GrimDog420GrimDog420 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    this game is all the rage in my area now, so i broke down and bought the starter box. I got a hunter starter, the game rules don't seem so bad so far.

GrimDog420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    GrimDog420 wrote:
    this game is all the rage in my area now, so i broke down and bought the starter box. I got a hunter starter, the game rules don't seem so bad so far.

I bought two, got the Alliance Druid and the Horde Warlock. Very simple game, really, but the quest system is neat.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • ChinamansmethodChinamansmethod Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Where does everyone play at?

Chinamansmethod on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So I didnt read the whole thread because for the most part I dont care about WoW but I am interested in seeing more cards and wondering if there was a gatherer-like database anywhere for this game. If so then link plz.

Bedlam on
  • GrimDog420GrimDog420 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    GrimDog420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is there a database that allows you to search by artist? Three of my instructors are working on this game and I want to see which of their cards have gone into print so far.

rts on
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So I used to be a die-hard Magic fan. I played 2-3 times a week at my LGS with some friends, but it was starting to get stale. Then, I heard that the WoW TCG had come out..the store owner was teaching it to a couple of the guys. At first I was like WTF, another VS / Pokemon / Yugioh game..this is gonna suck.

Until I played the game. As soon as I finished playing the first game, a chorus of angels sang out in my head, I jumped out of my seat and yelled:

"Finally! MAGIC WITHOUT LAND SCREW!!!"

Well, that didn't actually happen...but it felt that way. It has never sat quite well with me that, as good of a game as Magic is, it suffers from the land system. No matter how well you build your deck, even if you have the perfect land to non-land ratio in your deck, there will always be a game where you sit there and do nothing as your opponent smashes your face in.

The WoW TCG solved this problem very nicely by just saying 'screw it...you can put any card in your hand down as a resource, on top of having dedicated resources that can be used in other ways than "tap for mana"'

Anyways, moving on. I quit Magic for this game, and I love it. I'm planning on going to my second regional qualifier soon in the San Antonio area later in March. Does anyone else like this game, or am I the only one? Discuss :)

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I bought the starter kit and a couple boosters just because they were cheaper than I thought they'd be, and I was hoping for an in-game item card I could ebay to make it all back.

I did not get any in-game cards. Alas.

It's still pretty sweet though. The art really varies. Some of it is great, some of it is mediocre, and some of it is drawn by that asshole who created Spawn.

Mai-Kero on
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Some of the art in the upcoming set looks pretty cool, although for the most part it is still a little uneven. I especially like the new heroes UDE recently previewed on their website, http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wow/en/default.aspx.

20070223Kibler2.jpg

20070223Kibler11.jpg

Right now the game is mostly dominated by a handful of heroes, but I think the next set should give more options to everyone. Rogues especially need some serious help at this point.

Jebu on