As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

LewieP's Mummy says thank you!

LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
A couple of you know that I was a bit anxious about coming to PAX, for a few, now with hindsight, silly reasons:
1. I'm older than almost everyone there by at least 20 years, if not more.
2. I don't play many games (I know, Spider Solitaire doesn't count).
3. I thought you'd all think I was sad and boring.
and the only really not-silly one:
4. I didn't know if I'd hold up physically cos of the CFS, and I can get very emotional when I'm overtired.

So, I just wanted to say "Thank you" to you all, I had a great time at PAX, and plan on coming back again.

Everyone I met (apart from a jobsworth at WSCCT) was absolutely lovely. I felt so welcomed by you all, I didn't feel that old after all, and everyone talked to me. That now probably makes me sound really sad and boring, but I don't care, I just wanted you all to know I felt privileged to meet you, and spend time with you. I wish that either PAX had been longer, or that I'd stayed in Seattle for longer - I will when I come to Boston PAX. The badge swap was a great way to meet people that I'd only talked to on-line, and yes, Aydr, I have checked your posts!

A few things stood out - the Magical Mystery Tour - even when I went on the express route by mistake, my passengers were cool about it (I was scared!); Trophy Cupcakes - being bought a cupcake by an almost total stranger; finally meeting VT in the Sci-Fi museum; meeting up in Glendale shopping centre(?) and Mentok's kindness; Queen Brewer, you're gorgeous (in a totally non-pervy older woman way); The pre-PAX dinner - Lyanth, you're fab, Electric Turtle and Astayonix, you're wonderful; Saturday afternoon, when people saved me a place in the cue for the Q and A, and I had to walk too far/fast, and ended up ill. You were lovely, I felt more support, concern and understanding from a group of people that I'd known for just a few days than I have from some people at home; meeting people I'd painted for - Toxk_02 and Bionic Monkey; Sunday afternoon's crazy meet-up in the Sheraton Lobby, finally becoming a member of the Lyanth heterosexual Harem, and then dinner afterwards. Being accosted in the street by total strangers demanding to know if I was LPM, and if so, where was my tiara - JonXP and Mrs XP, you made my day!

I've had the SARS thing since I got back (not actually, just a boring chest infection, but dramatic licence, and all that), so haven't posted much. I'm back at work tomorrow, shame, but I've got to pay off the credit card somehow...

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, for a most excellent time in Seattle xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
LewieP's Mummy on

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The dinner was awesome. Our table was by far the funnest lol :P Glad you guys came.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm so glad I got to meet you LPM ^.^ You are awesome! I'm really glad you came after all. We shall have to hang out a bit more in ECPAX <3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We all had a great time hanging out with you and Lewie! We will miss you at PAX '09 LPM!! *Hugs*

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You guys never stopped by to smoke with us, for shame. Also, got your button!

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm really glad I got to meet both you and your son, and thanks again for playing in my game, I'll save a spot for you at PAX '10! I hope you recover quickly, I got something similiar thats no fun at all.

MarsChelios on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It was WONDERFUL to FINALLY find you on Sunday evening. Both you and Lewie are too fracking adorable. And you have my word that you and Lewie are to be my Supa-Dupa Rare Button in '10. I have it planned, and it will be soooo rad.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It was *GREAT* to have you there LPM! We're going to be rooting for finding a way to get you guys there this coming year... we'll be keeping our eyes peeled for international PAX contests! =) It was definitely a highlight of my trip to meet you and LewieP, and I'm really hoping we can see you both again this coming year!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It was nice meeting everyone. MMT was the most personal I got with strangers at PAX. PAX itself for me is walking laps trying to see everyone and everything, all rush rush rush.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It was WAY cool to be at the same table with you and Lewie at the dinner!! We(kids n I) had a blast...great/sad moment when MacCartney(daughter) got Lewie P in line for the assasins game...great for my daughter and sad that Lewie got 'killed'.. great booty though Lewie as Mac is a musician and played your booty quite well...ha....

Rayman on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I enjoyed seeing you both but I am sad that I never really got to have longer conversation with you about
    your magical land and its exotic spices and wares.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The badge swap was a great way to meet people that I'd only talked to on-line, and yes, Aydr, I have checked your posts
    D:

Glad to hear that you had such a good time, and I'm glad that I got the chance to meet/trade buttons with you. Shame that I didn't get one of Lewie's, though. And I even ended up with one extra button to trade that I didn't get out there, too.

Aydr on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Dear Ms. LPM

I was really sad to have missed making your acquaintance.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Shirley, I'm so glad to hear you had a good time. I'm sorry I only got to meet you for a few minutes.

We'll have to try and meet up again next year.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am glad I got to at least meet you and your son briefly. I thought it was very cool that a mother and son are close enough to share an event like PAX. I hope you both can come back again soon.

Cynd3rCyn on
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was glad to have met you, played with you, and dinnered with you!! Can't wait to see you at next years PAX or 2010.

sum10fishy on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    LPM: You are wondeful. Your hugs are wonderful. And Donna rules!

You are just about the sweetest, most awesome lady ever. Just so you know.

Officer on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ditto to what eeryone else here already said. I met up with you at one point outside of BYOC on Friday and we were approached to do an interview. But I had to go run a very critical, hair care oriented errand!

Then I was lucky enough to run into both you and LewieP in the Expo Hall. WHEEEE! You remind me a bit of my own mum -the hair, the smile, the hugs!

Thanks SO MUCH FOR COMING!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And just to repeat it again

Lyanth <3s LPM!

you were amazingly awesome (and brave to travel so far to meet so many strangers), and to be honest, i believe you to be the PAX forums Mummy: You a kind, you are beautiful, you are a hug waiting to happen, you are a smile, you are a break, you are a reason to get along, you are a conscious, and you are there for all of us.

and you know that the least we could do for you is to be the same.

<3 L

(and no, i didn't get that out of a greeting card, but i'm gonna write it down for my own mum, too.)

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've been ignoring the forums so school doesn't overwhelm me, but I'm checking it now! Thanks so much! I enjoyed meeting you, Lewie, and all the dozens of others that made this PAX so much more enjoyable. I can't wait for next year! (and 2010!)

P.S. You're not creepy :P

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
    edited September 2008
    Ah, there you are QB! Fearless Leader, how's it going amigo? How's school going so far?

Ditto on what QB said! And we're going to find a way to get you and LewieP there, LPM, just wait and see... if there's any way, we'll find it. =)

VThornheart on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    QB I wondered where you were!

Also, I'm with you guys: we must find a way to get LewieP and LPM back to the next PAX! We have ways...

MetaverseNomad on
    edited September 2008
    Well, I've already decided that for LewieP, there could and should be a fund to help him pay to get out here. Basically, take donations.

LPM has stated it not s financial lacking that keeps her from being here next year. It's just a matter of getting time off to do it.

Officer on
  • RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    lewieP's mum did you get to meet patrick

Ranx on
    edited September 2008
    Officer wrote: »
    Well, I've already decided that for LewieP, there could and should be a fund to help him pay to get out here. Basically, take donations.

LPM has stated it not s financial lacking that keeps her from being here next year. It's just a matter of getting time off to do it.

Agreed! I'll help if I'm at all able to!

And we can form a brute squad to convince your bosses to give you the time off! (Okay, okay... so I want to see someone form a brute squad =) ) I know at least Kropotkin is over there, and there's got to be a few more PAers in the UK. We'll round them up, give them some intimidating looking armament, and let them talk to the employers. =);)

VThornheart on
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

And we can form a brute squad to convince your bosses to give you the time off! (Okay, okay... so I want to see someone form a brute squad =) ) I know at least Kropotkin is over there, and there's got to be a few more PAers in the UK. We'll round them up, give them some intimidating looking armament, and let them talk to the employers. =);)

When this happens LPM has to be wearing her tiara and just stand behind them looking down her nose at her employer and smirking. Preferably patting something in the palm of her hand, like a book or fan or wand or something.

Aydr on
    edited September 2008
    Aydr wrote: »

When this happens LPM has to be wearing her tiara and just stand behind them looking down her nose at her employer and smirking. Preferably patting something in the palm of her hand, like a book or fan or wand or something.

Fezzik01.jpg
    "I'm on the brute squad."

MiracleMax.jpg
    "You are the brute squad!"

Officer on
    edited September 2008
    <3 Officer =)

VThornheart on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You, are all crazy, wonderful people and I <3 you all!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I had the best time at PAX, I'll work on possibilities :lol:

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited September 2008
    Excellent! We'll be keeping our eyes peeled for contests, and you do the same, and if that doesn't work out we'll see where we can go from there with Recruit's idea or whatever we can do!

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.