As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[miniphalla] Night Trap [Final Day: Double Switched | Living Victory!]

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All the coding system does is determine the effectiveness of the vote.

The last voter can change the code of the system, if they want to, or leave it at the default code(Blue).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    :psyduck:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so, if the trap code is at blue, the last person to vote for the night could keep it blue or change it to a different color, and kill someone else?

The_Reflection on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so, if the trap code is at blue, the last person to vote for the night could keep it blue or change it to a different color, and kill someone else?

Correct.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2008
    so whats the purpose of the other colors, wouldnt it then work with blue and not blue?

The_Reflection on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Okay, here's what I suggest. We have the last person keep the setting the same, and if the kill is screwed up the next day we kill them.

Okay?

Thetheroo on
    edited September 2008
    so whats the purpose of the other colors, wouldnt it then work with blue and not blue?

To lessen the likelihood of someone guessing the code in case it has been changed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2008
    but if its been changed, dont we just change it back to blue no matter what?

The_Reflection on
    edited September 2008

We'll know it's been changed if the kill is messed up, since blue is guaranteed to work according to CJ. If the vote leader fails to die to the vote, then we simply kill the person who voted last.

Thetheroo on
    edited September 2008
    well, there you go

The_Reflection on
    edited September 2008
    I, uhh, I don't understand what the hell you are doing CJ.

It may be because I'm at work and have my phalla going on that I can't sit down with it yet.

But... what??

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited September 2008

Blue will not always work. Blue will only work at present, until the code is changed.

Okay, example.

1. Code is blue. Vote closes. No one changes the input.

Lead vote getter dies.

2. Code is changed to orange. Vote closes.

Someone changes the input to red.

Someone else dies.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Blue will not always work. Blue will only work at present, until the code is changed.

Okay, example.

1. Code is blue. Vote closes. No one changes the input.

Lead vote getter dies.

2. Code is changed to orange. Vote closes.

Someone changes the input to red.

Someone else dies.

psyduck.gif

Thetheroo on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And only the last voter can change the input?

Quoth on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wow, i have no idea what that trap thing is about. Is he saying that the trap has a code and each night the last person has to guess the code inorder for the trap to fire right? Or is he saying that if the last person to vote chooses something other than "Blue" for the access code than someone else will die?

The first time i read it it seemed like there were 2 settings that had to match (the code on the trap, which can change, and the code given by the last voter) but everyone seems to think it's just a setting on the trap that can be changed by the last voter to change what the trap does (kill the lead or kill someone else).

edit: Looks like my first guess was right. This is gonna be crazy.

JPants on
    edited September 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    And only the last voter can change the input?

Correct, if need be.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't think it's that confusing. There is a player controlled color, set by the last player to vote and defaulted to blue. This color needs to match the code, which will be subtly revealed to us as it changes.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Does the code change randomly each night or based on a players ability?

JPants on
    edited September 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    Does the code change randomly each night or based on a players ability?

A player ability. And there are ways to determine that it was changed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2008
    Jason Todd wrote: »
    I don't think it's that confusing. There is a player controlled color, set by the last player to vote and defaulted to blue. This color needs to match the code, which will be subtly revealed to us as it changes.

But how does this code change? Does the last person who votes change it if they want to?

edit- Hmmmm, now that's troubling.

Thetheroo on
    edited September 2008
    SWEET! I feel like i understand things now. This proves to be an interesting phalla!

JPants on
    edited September 2008
    Also, WILDCAT!

You bastard.

Thetheroo on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mwahahahahahahahahaaaaaah!

Wildcat on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was going to suggest having a different person be the last person to place a vote each night, so that it would be a quasi-seering if they change anything, but the clarification shot down that plan . :|

!Quoth for being a Hacker and hacking me down before my time in the Dragon phalla. You wanted Seth all for yourself, didn't you!?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited September 2008
    Ah, I think I get it now.

!Thetheroo so that I can CHANGE THE CODE TO PURPLE

Just because I can.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wait, don't we want the code to be on Blue for tonight?

Isn't that what it started on?

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    !The_Reflection

Sharks don't belong at slumber parties

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    !Infidel for changing the code! It should be blue

Am I doing this right?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    I was going to suggest having a different person be the last person to place a vote each night, so that it would be a quasi-seering if they change anything, but the clarification shot down that plan . :|

!Quoth for being a Hacker and hacking me down before my time in the Dragon phalla. You wanted Seth all for yourself, didn't you!?

Well, yes.

Okay, not really.

I could tell you why we killed you, but the game is still running. But it's good to know that I finally have someone with a grudge against me! :)

Quoth on
    edited September 2008

First of all, you mean tomorrow night.

And we don't know what the real code will be tomorrow, unless you think it won't change at all today which would be really boring.

So it's as I say, I wanted to be the first to set the code just because I can. :D

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited September 2008
    Infidel wrote: »

First of all, you mean tomorrow night.

And we don't know what the real code will be tomorrow, unless you think it won't change at all today which would be really boring.

So it's as I say, I wanted to be the first to set the code just because I can. :D

Not if I don't change it first!

Thetheroo on
    edited September 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Not if I don't change it first!

psyduck.gif

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    For now, the code is set to Blue, and the vote will go off without fail.

The last person who placed a vote should be the one who wishes to change the current code setting, if at all.

My understanding is that changing the color today is like, totally a classic bad guy move. I'm looking at you Infidel, although I think it was an honest mistake.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited September 2008
    Read the first two words of that.

Common sense tells us that it will not in fact remain blue for very long, so what the input is set to now doesn't really matter. :)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited September 2008

Common sense tells us that it will not in fact remain blue for very long, so what the input is set to now doesn't really matter. :)

We can maybe assume that the person doing the changing is a good guy, seems overly broken to give the bad guys that power.

Thetheroo on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I dunno, when I read that, I assume it means it will stay that color for the first day, could be wrong, I usually am.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited September 2008

We can maybe assume that the person doing the changing is a good guy, seems overly broken to give the bad guys that power.

Based on the actual game I would assume that it's the bad guys's power to change it, but there will be some sort of indication that it changed, they may have to say the color in the thread or something.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited September 2008
    TehSloth wrote: »

Based on the actual game I would assume that it's the bad guys's power to change it, but there will be some sort of indication that it changed, they may have to say the color in the thread or something.

Like, so I would have to say red to get it to change to red?
    Just kidding.

Thetheroo on
    edited September 2008
    TehSloth wrote: »
    For now, the code is set to Blue, and the vote will go off without fail.

If the code couldn't change from blue today, the "for now" would be redundant because the vote would go off without fail for sure today. This runs counter to the assumption you are making based on the same sentence.

A player must get their code variations in by vote close, and since we're supposed to look for hints during the day I am positive that CJ doesn't mean "get the order in by 11pm so that I may act upon on it then" but "it changes immediately but you can't change it after vote close". Also, it's likely a good/neutral special that sets the code, I don't see the point of this game if the bad guys can do it, I agree.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited September 2008
    Jason Todd

Weird ass pokemon? (i think thats what you are) dont belong here either

The_Reflection on