As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[miniphalla] Night Trap [Final Day: Double Switched | Living Victory!]

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah I don't know, I am all out of grudges so I don't know who to vote for.

Quoth on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Vote for whoever posts in post #137. That's what I'm going to do.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The hell you say.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    !The_Reflection

Since he's running another mini... or something.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    !Wildcat since the second voter to jump on the bait is more frequently a bad guy than just RNGing a target.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    !Wildcat since the second voter to jump on the bait is more frequently a bad guy than just RNGing a target.

Yes....

Yes, kill Wildcat, the treacherous bastard.

Thetheroo on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why are wagoning Wildcat?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited September 2008
    Jason Todd because it is unnatural for him to be alive.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Why are wagoning Wildcat?
    Because Roo hates me and Infidel is tripping, apparently.

Wildcat on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    !The_Reflection

Since he's running another mini... or something.

well thats not very nice

The_Reflection on
    edited September 2008

I know this would make sense theoretically, but do we have any examples of when this has ever actually occurred?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Syeah, because obviously everyone who SAYS they're RNGing their vote actually does RNG it.

Wildcat on
    edited September 2008
    C'mon, just a few more posts and I have my vote target.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Lets just change the color code that way the vote doesn't matter :P

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I will post so Ryadic has some one to vote for

Toxic Toys on
    edited September 2008
    I thought it was post 137

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    ooga booga

missed

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited September 2008
    And yet interestingly, yours is the second vote on me. Hmm.

Wildcat on
    edited September 2008
    Grundlterror

Hate to vote for you since you just got back, but you knew it was coming.

<3

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    o snap

edit - <3 ryadic <3

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    !crimsoncoyote is a black Ajah BITCH!!! Wait...

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    :D

Yes it was Grundl, yes it was.

Toxic Toys on
    edited September 2008
    Well played Toxic, well played.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    !crimsoncoyote is a black Ajah BITCH!!! Wait...

:winky:
    Thanks for reminding me...

!TOOOOOOOOOOXIC TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYS, come out to plaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

crimsoncoyote on
    edited September 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »

I didn't vote for you for making a second vote. I voted for you making the second vote on a trap.

It's bait. During Day 1, mafia is generally on the lookout for having a bandwagon develop that is not on one of them. They also do not want to be the ones to start it however. (This latter bit nabbed me a mafia in the last ALPHALLA btw) Since I'm non-mafia (the mafia would know this naturally) and someone else voted for me (likely not mafia), what is the statistical occurrence of the person making the second vote being mafia?

The occurrence is higher than the chance that someone chosen randomly is mafia.

So my vote on you is better than an RNG'd one.

If you can expand on your "Hmm" in such a way other than rhetorically trying to undermine my logic, I'd like to hear it.

I may or may not expand on the math or dig up cases previously where this has worked to prove this to be true, depends on how much time I have later when I get home. I'll leave it for now that people can try to see this for themselves and that "yes, it's worked for me before".

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited September 2008
    Oh please. Do you think in any way I felt your 'switch' of the codes was in any way legitimate? Honestly?

Wildcat on
    edited September 2008
    Oh please. Do you think in any way I felt your 'switch' of the codes was in any way legitimate? Honestly?

What does this have to do with my trap? Please read it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

ehh?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited September 2008
    I have read it and I'm still struggling to find any logic beyond luck of the draw. If you want to pull out numbers then by all means do, but first explain to me how me voting second for you makes me more suspicious than you voting second for me.

Wildcat on
    edited September 2008
    My vote for you is based on my trap.

If you can explain how everything I've done makes me more likely to be a bad guy, let's hear it.

I've already explained why your vote makes it so to me.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I didn't vote for you for making a second vote. I voted for you making the second vote on a trap.

It's bait. During Day 1, mafia is generally on the lookout for having a bandwagon develop that is not on one of them. They also do not want to be the ones to start it however. (This latter bit nabbed me a mafia in the last ALPHALLA btw) Since I'm non-mafia (the mafia would know this naturally) and someone else voted for me (likely not mafia), what is the statistical occurrence of the person making the second vote being mafia?

The occurrence is higher than the chance that someone chosen randomly is mafia.

So my vote on you is better than an RNG'd one.

If you can expand on your "Hmm" in such a way other than rhetorically trying to undermine my logic, I'd like to hear it.

I may or may not expand on the math or dig up cases previously where this has worked to prove this to be true, depends on how much time I have later when I get home. I'll leave it for now that people can try to see this for themselves and that "yes, it's worked for me before".

Well, technically I think those statistics are a bit bunk. The person making the second vote doesn't actually have a statistically higher chance of being mafia, that's like saying if you were planning on flipping a quarter 10 times, and you got 5 heads in a row, the next one would statistically have to be tails since it's a 50/50 shot. He is currently my favorite bandwagon though so !Wildcat, but I don't think there's anything really backing it up other than "durr, it are logical bad guy move".

I should probably take some statistics classics, in fact, there should be a Phalla Sciences minor.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited September 2008
    Because your 'trap' has no basis other than you saying 'aha, he voted second for me! You see?!'. When you can show how your trap is so much more elaborate than that, then you might have something. If that is all it is, then it ain't much.

Wildcat on
    edited September 2008
    Yes, you should take some statistics classes. <3 Because I'm not talking about random chance, I'm talking about tendencies of mafia which are NOT random, so you coin toss analogy is not relevant. You are correct on how statistics work in that case.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited September 2008
    Jason Todd wrote: »

ehh?

You know, 'cause he was murdered by the Joker...nevermind.

With respect to Infidel's claim, his argument makes sense, which is why when I'm mafia I generally wait for three or four votes to pile onto a bandwagon before hopping on.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited September 2008
    Because your 'trap' has no basis other than you saying 'aha, he voted second for me! You see?!'. When you can show how your trap is so much more elaborate than that, then you might have something. If that is all it is, then it ain't much.

I have to go now, driving home from school the next hour.

I will leave you all with this: Wildcat is also pretty defensive over a "bandwagon" that hasn't even solidified yet. Not that innocents want to get voted out, but look at Plutonium and Quoth day 1 and 2 in just the most recent phalla (mine) after they got two or three votes and weren't necessarily in danger of a full bandwagon, then look at the others (villagers) in the same situation as them at the time.

Most villagers try to let a potential day 1 bandwagon ride, because most think (correctly or not) that if they don't draw attention to themselves by defending it too much it will blow over. I think this is a rather good strategy, personally. Bad guys however will be more proactive, trying to prevent random dumb luck from taking them out day 1 so they try to head off the bandwagon much more aggressively.

Since I think right now you're tied for first with only a handful of votes, you seem to be more suspicious to me by taking the latter approach over the former. I'm only more confident that you're a bad guy now, because of this and because your approach does not try to argue my reasonings much but pleads for people to just ignore them.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jason Todd wrote: »

ehh?

You know, 'cause he was murdered by the Joker...nevermind.

With respect to Infidel's claim, his argument makes sense, which is why when I'm mafia I generally wait for three or four votes to pile onto a bandwagon before hopping on.

i dont read batman

this name is tube's doing

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    GOOD LORD I GOT MY MINI'S MIXED UP.

!Wildcat. I wasn't following Infidel's logic before, but that last bit about over defensive struck fairly true.

He could just as easily be a good special though, i suppose.

JPants on
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, wasn't your name Redbird or something before?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Infidel's sold me, make mine Wildcat.

Yes, he was formerly known as Red Bird.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited September 2008

I have to go now, driving home from school the next hour.

I will leave you all with this: Wildcat is also pretty defensive over a "bandwagon" that hasn't even solidified yet. Not that innocents want to get voted out, but look at Plutonium and Quoth day 1 and 2 in just the most recent phalla (mine) after they got two or three votes and weren't necessarily in danger of a full bandwagon, then look at the others (villagers) in the same situation as them at the time.

Most villagers try to let a potential day 1 bandwagon ride, because most think (correctly or not) that if they don't draw attention to themselves by defending it too much it will blow over. I think this is a rather good strategy, personally. Bad guys however will be more proactive, trying to prevent random dumb luck from taking them out day 1 so they try to head off the bandwagon much more aggressively.

Since I think right now you're tied for first with only a handful of votes, you seem to be more suspicious to me by taking the latter approach over the former. I'm only more confident that you're a bad guy now, because of this and because your approach does not try to argue my reasonings much but pleads for people to just ignore them.

Because you have no reasoning! You have singularly failed to show why me voting you second is different to you voting me second. And frankly, I used to sit back and do nothing if only a few votes were on me, but consider:
    (a) I'm in the UK time zone so I won't be around to make a defence later on if it solidifies;
    (b) I decided to let it ride in the last AL.PHA.LLA and the village ended up voting me, the seer, out simply because they had nothing better to do. (I'm not claiming any such importance in this phalla, by the way.)

Wildcat on