As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who were the Fruit Fucker Cosplay Group?

angelkatie9angelkatie9 Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
While my sister and I were cosplaying Tycho and Anne-Claire we ran into the awesome Fruit Fucker costume plus the RSPD Gabriel cosplayer that had us join them for some photoshoots.

I just want to know who these folks were since I didn't get the chance to ask. If you guys have photos of the crew all together that you can share, I'd really appreciate it! You were great!

Just as a note I was the female Tycho with the modded Tommy Gun and Anne-Claire had the flame thrower.

angelkatie9 on

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Are the guy that Tycho mentioned was the male Annarchy?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    SWATJesterSWATJester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Apparently one of my friends saw the Fruit Fucker costume lying discarded outside the Sheraton.

SWATJester on
    Moderator, PAX Prime 08, 09, 10, 10-East, panels on "Legal Issues in Gaming"
    Contributing Editor, http://www.gamepolitics.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Collectively Gabe, Tycho, and Anne-Claire in our group were all female while the FF was the only guy.

I never saw a male Annarchy...just a male Peach.

I'm not surprised if the FF costume can be seen just sitting somewhere. It is pretty hefty from what I heard...and the guy wearing it got worn out pretty quick.

angelkatie9 on
  • Options
    the4v3rythe4v3ry Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hi, I wore the FF costume. My crew was awesome, and there were more people helping me out. I didn't abandon the costume, it just took 85 minutes to get a taxi that would take the costume the mile and a half to my house (arrg!) and I went around the corner to look for one.

You ladies had awsome costumes, and it was a friend of a friend's friend "S" that wore the drag Gabe costume. It was really fun shooting photos with you.

Anyone know if the winner of the costume contest was announced? (fingers crossed)

Thanks to: (* for people at PAX)
    Monster
    Blue
    Mrks
    *Fatrick
    *Lily
    *Shayne
    *Tim
    *Derek
    *Chris

the4v3ry on
    c==|[=========>
    Avery
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the winner was the two people who dressed as carl and carla...they had assist potions and everything!

they deserved to win...
    the sewed face mask anne claire took away a collector's edition RSPD set and a hothead tshirt

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    chicazulchicazul Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was dressed as Gabriel, and I'm sorry that I neglected to ask for your names. I haven't seen any pics of us surface yet (there's one in the cosplay pictures thread that has half of Anne, but no group shots.)

One of the FF posse (the most excellent Christopher) had his camera out and will undoubtedly supply some great photos. I'll contact him and make sure you get a link to anything he posts.

chicazul on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    the4v3ry wrote: »
    Hi, I wore the FF costume. My crew was awesome, and there were more people helping me out. I didn't abandon the costume, it just took 85 minutes to get a taxi that would take the costume the mile and a half to my house (arrg!) and I went around the corner to look for one.

You ladies had awsome costumes, and it was a friend of a friend's friend "S" that wore the drag Gabe costume. It was really fun shooting photos with you.

Anyone know if the winner of the costume contest was announced? (fingers crossed)

Monster
    Blue
    Mrks
    *Fatrick
    *Lily
    *Shayne
    *Tim
    *Derek
    *Chris

Awesome! Yeah, thanks for inviting us along, that was probably the best thing about PAX for me this year. :) I can't even begin to imagine what a pain it was to lug that costume around, but all in all I think you were a really big hit (to say the least!).

angelkatie9 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    chicazul wrote: »
    I was dressed as Gabriel, and I'm sorry that I neglected to ask for your names. I haven't seen any pics of us surface yet (there's one in the cosplay pictures thread that has half of Anne, but no group shots.)

One of the FF posse (the most excellent Christopher) had his camera out and will undoubtedly supply some great photos. I'll contact him and make sure you get a link to anything he posts.

Not a problem. Things were kind of busy and we all had things we were focusing on :) It was really fun to walk with you guys. You made an AWESOME Gabe, by the way - I can't believe how well you got your hair to work like his.

Definitely let us know if you get a hold of some pictures. I imagine we might see some others pop up since we did those couple photo stops and people were snapping pics like crazy.

angelkatie9 on
  • Options
    GealachGealach Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm sure you'll get better pics elsewhere, but since none have been posted yet, here are mine.

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

Gealach on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the4v3ry wrote: »

Monster
    Blue
    Mrks
    *Fatrick
    *Lily
    *Shayne
    *Tim
    *Derek
    *Chris

I'll try to find out for you, but the show you put on at the Hothead panel was top notch.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    NoMoonNoMoon Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    I have all the pictures Christopher took on my computer now, and I'll upload them to Flickr tonight.

NoMoon on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Schrodinger on
  • Options
    NoMoonNoMoon Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Here are my FF-group pics, taken by Christopher:

http://flickr.com/photos/nomoon/sets/72157607069639733/

Highlights:

2820862844_4dcd8f6d44_m.jpg
    2820848692_f9f36dcf37_m.jpg
    2820854324_dc671f8ac9_m.jpg
    2820015771_67f1a18215_m.jpg

NoMoon on
  • Options
    emmsnakeemmsnake Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    What was the title of the first comic Fruit Fucker appeared in on Penny Arcade.

emmsnake on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It, uh, looks like it dsappeared from the archive? the image is still there, it just doesn't come up when you cycle through them.
    20020211h.gif

At least that's the first I can remember.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And the first mention (but no appearance) 11 Jul 2001:

Diabolicious!
    20010711h.gif

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I knew there was a mention of it in a prior one, but I couldn't find it. Good find.

SlickShughes on
This discussion has been closed.